InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ Confessions ( Chapter 57 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

 
~<>~ Curse of the Dragon ~<>~
 
 
~<>~ Chapter 57 ~<>~ Confessions
 
 
Warning: lemony content.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~
 
 
InuYasha walked from the tiny bathroom towards the giant room, running a towel through his thick silver hair trying to soak up any excess water from the tresses. He threw the towel to the floor in the corner of the room and pulled over the gray sweatshirt that was lying on the bed for him and brushed off the clean pair of sweatpants he was wearing. With a scowl, he shook his head once, shaking his hair dry with a mischievous glint in his amber eyes.
 
“Ah, fuck!” the older demon who was lying on the bed in front of him covered his face as the water washed over him. Ryen peaked out at the smirking kid from under his hand and narrowed his eyes.
 
InuYasha didn't have enough time to react as a pillow pummeled him square between the eyes. He wobbled backwards; nearly landing on his ass then regained his balance. He laughed at the glower on Ryen's face and tied his hair back in a loose ponytail. “Let's get the hell out of dodge.”
 
Ryen eyed the kid over once, his face still set in a firm scowl, before clicking off the television. He stood slowly and put on his boots, “you sure your ready now? I mean…Kami forbid the hotel has any hot water left. I want to be sure that you don't need to use it; you know…to do your hair or something.” InuYasha flipped him off and Ryen scowled. “You are the only god damned male who I know that can take a half hour shower.” He narrowed his eyes and then shook his head, a slightly bemused smirk playing on his lips, “on second thought…I really don't want to know.” He turned, leaving the slightly gawking boy in his presence as he walked to the door. Looking once over his shoulder, he called to InuYasha, “Oi, you coming or do I have to drag you home? Cause I will…you know…”
 
InuYasha shook his head and slipped on the white sneakers before pacing across the room to catch up to his uncle. “So we're going back tonight. I figured…since you got the room…”
 
Ryen shot InuYasha a hard stare out of the corner of his eye then sighed, “I got the room so I didn't have to sit next to you on the plane while you smelled like two day old mold...and lightning…” He let his lips fall into a thin line from chuckling at the distressed look on the hanyou's face. If he hadn't seen the traces of the bolt himself, he probably would never have believed that InuYasha had been struck.
 
InuYasha rolled his eyes, “Keh…it's fucking eleven o'clock at night…can't we go home tomorrow?”
 
Ryen draped his arm over his nephew's shoulders and sighed as they walked into the hotel's lobby, “yes, but hey, you have school in the morning. And you're going…and you're also going to talk to Kagome.”
 
InuYasha sighed and wrapped his arms tighter around the box that was nestled against his chest. “I will…I just need some time…”
 
Ryen handed in the key to their room and turned to march InuYasha from the hotel. “Time for what?” Ryen paused mid step, his eyes slightly widening. With two long steps, he caught up to his nephew and turned InuYasha to face him, meeting his worried glare. “You ain't gonna do something stupid, pup, are you?”
 
InuYasha shifted his weight between his heels, his eyes unreadable. “Stupid? No…nothing stupid…”
 
Ryen scowled and tugged InuYasha to stay put when he tried to walk off, “I mean something more stupid then normal kid. Something…really…brash or rushed maybe.”
 
InuYasha met the demon's glare. “Even if I was, it ain't your business. You ain't my father and you sure as hell ain't her father, so it doesn't concern you.”
 
Ryen shook his head and muttered under his breath as he turned to usher InuYasha from the hotel. “Just remember kid…that's what you are…a kid. You still got a long number of years before you should really think of serious commitment.”
 
InuYasha paused, leaning on the hotel's cement wall to stare at Ryen, “just what the hell do you think I'm going to do? You're really starting to freak me out. I ain't gonna ask her to bear me a pup or anything like that!”
 
Ryen let out an inward sigh of relief as they walked in silence down the deserted streets. “It isn't that I don't trust your judgment…” a short silence ensued that carried the lie through the air like sandpaper grating against cement. Ryen licked his lips, reaching for words that he couldn't grasp. “Inu…I just want to know that your intentions towards Kagome are…noble….”
 
InuYasha shook his head as he slowly trailed behind Ryen. “When haven't my intentions towards Kagome been noble?”
 
Ryen simply raised an eyebrow and lit up a cigarette. He offered one to his nephew, which he quickly took up the offer on. Ryen inhaled deeply and let the stick rest in the corner of his mouth, “look…Yash…I know you love her and you believe that adamantly…but I think at points you let yourself think with…the wrong head…get my drift?”
 
Inu simply rolled his eyes as he enjoyed the smoke. He knew where this conversation was going and had no intention of following it. He hated the fact that everyone was so against him being with Kagome. Even if he was to cut out the sexual part of the relationship, they would never accept the two of them being together. `Dirty half-breed…should have died….' He cringed at his grandfather's words, fighting down the sudden bloodthirsty need that burned at his veins. He wanted to get into a fight…he wanted to make something hurt as bad as he did. He would never admit it…he would never dare open his mouth and tell a single soul that his grandfather's words had successfully pierced his soul. But then again…it was a part of him, wasn't it? His grandfather's blood…that was his mother's blood…and was then a part of his blood. His grandfather, the bastard that he was, was a part of InuYasha, and his words held more significance then Sesshoumaru or Ryen. Though he hated himself for it, his grandfather had managed to rip yet another burning hole in his heart. With a sigh, he looked to the ground.
 
Ryen paused from his rant to glance at his all to quiet nephew. He was expecting a verbal brawl…something to get InuYasha lively again. But it failed…miserably. The kid looked pensive…even hurt. Ryen narrowed his eyes, reading the untold emotions that rolled off of him. `Definitely hurt.' He swallowed hard and dropped the cigarette onto the ground and smote it with his foot. “All right, spill it. You're looking like a fish out of water right now. What happened?”
 
InuYasha took his time looking up at Ryen, a scowl etched lightly on his face. His eyes met the intensely concerned amber gaze and he found himself unable to snap his normal rude remark. “It's…nothing really.”
 
Ryen looked from the boy to the box in his hands then back to the boy. “Does it have something to do with seeing your grandfather?”
 
InuYasha cringed at Jiji's title and shrugged half-heartedly. “Like I said, nothing I really want to talk about.”
 
Ryen prodded further, “you know, he was a bit of a jerk when I questioned him about you. Not very responsive to answering my questions without throwing bland insults into the jibe.”
 
InuYasha snorted and shook his head slowly, “that's jiji for you. An asshole until he dies. He's not very…receptive…to anything other then human blood. Has a variety of wonderful pet names for us, ya know?”
 
Ryen gauged Inuyasha's response then slowly nodded. “Yeah, I noticed. He wasn't too fond when I bashed his front windshield in of that Dodge in his driveway. A real variety of names came out of that one.”
 
Inuyasha's eyes widened as he stopped to stare at Ryen, who kept walking, a smug grin encased on his lips. “You did what now?”
 
Ryen paused and glanced over his shoulder, his eyes matching the mirth in InuYasha's gaze. “Well…he wasn't being very receptive…I could still smell your scent on him and he kept claiming ignorance. So I took my own actions to get him to talk. That didn't work so well but holding him against a wall did.”
 
InuYasha laughed loudly as he began catching up to Ryen, “That's great. Man, I wish I could have seen that.”
 
Ryen let the grin fall from his face as he nodded slowly. For the first time he was able to clearly see through the cracks in InuYasha's mental barrier and cringed at the results. `I knew this kid has been through shit but holy hell…I really think…'he sighed and ran a hand through his loose flowing silver hair. “Yeah…I'm sure you would have enjoyed the spectacle. Needless to say, I don't think that bigot will be using any more derogative language towards Youkai for a long while.”
 
InuYasha raised an eyebrow, his smile not yet disappearing. “What did you say to him? I got to hear this!”
 
Ryen shrugged as they rounded a corner, one block up from Mijo's bar and grill. “I told him that if I ever heard the term hanyou or anything derogative or condescending before it again from his mouth, I'd rip his tongue out and make him fry it then eat it. I also said that being that you're my kin, I really should have put him through the windshield instead of my fist. I also told him that he was a worthless piece of trash that really should be shot. Stuff like that…you get the picture.” He paused and carefully put a hand on Inuyasha's shoulder, “look kid, after seeing how that guy was…I just…” he paused and felt InuYasha's shoulder tense. “I'm sorry.”
 
InuYasha paused, hearing the last thing that he was expecting and turned to look at Ryen. “For what?”
 
Ryen waved an arm towards the city and scowled, “for not getting to you sooner, for leaving you to deal with all of this crap…for dealing having to deal with that bastard. I should have been there to get you…I should have saved you.”
 
InuYasha let his eyes drop to the sidewalk. Emotions raged through his brain as he struggled to keep his head on straight. `He wanted to help me…he wanted to save me. No one…no one has ever wanted anything to do with me before Kagome. I was a burden…something that was just taken on because there was no other choice. He…he actually wanted to help me.' he shook his head, swallowing down the lump that was forming in his throat. `No…it can't be that easy. He would never…no one would ever…. It has to be some type of undying promise to dad…that if something happened. That's why he's sorry…he let down…”
 
“I let you down.”
 
InuYasha froze and turned very slowly to look up at Ryen. He laughed lightly, shaking his head. Right about now, he was sure that he was becoming delusional from his lack of sleep. `This guy really cares? No way…why…why would he care? I mean…he's been here to help us all out, whether we wanted him to or not and he's apologizing?' He cleared his throat and shoved his hands into his jean pockets and stared up into the night sky. “No…you didn't. You're here, aren't you?” he waited for the demon to laugh, to make a mockery of him for even thinking that he could possibly care but it didn't come. Ryen simply smiled. The silence that ensued was pleasant. The two walked side by side, easily misconstrued for brothers or a father and son…and the bond that was forming between them would have endured such an accusation without a blink of an eye. Maybe even with an agreeable smile.
 
Outside of Mija's bar, InuYasha paused and dropped the cigarette from his lips with a distinct grimace. He shifted his weigh back onto his heels then pressed forward to rise on the balls of his feet. “Ryen…I'm…that is…I really don't want to…”
 
Ryen tussled InuYasha hair and stepped around the hanyou. “I get it…stay out here and for five minutes, keep your ass out of trouble, ne?”
 
InuYasha made a face at the demon then leaned against the building. The last person he wanted to see was Jakotsu…but a sadistic instinct inside of him really wanted to watch Ryen toss Jakotsu through a window. A small smile crept to the boys face as he leaned forward and stuck his head through the door to watch.
 
Ryen, dressed in a pair of black carpenter jeans, a red muscle shirt and a long black leather trench coat walked swiftly up to the bar and glanced around the deserted island. With a scowl, he leaned forward and raised an eyebrow to glance around. “Hello?”
 
A boy…maybe…popped up a few feet from him, obviously putting away liquor and quickly skimmed over his attire before his eyes widened. The boy had his black hair in a bun and his face painted white, much like how they used to do to woman a century before. In front each eye flowing down his cheeks he had two purple slash marks. With a glossy look, he gazed once more over Ryen, his eyes widening as he took a step back. “You're…oh…”
 
Ryen inwardly winced at the boy's high-pitched voice. `This guy…can I even call him a guy with a straight face? Guess I'll find out.' He shook his head once, feeling very awkward under Jakotsu's constant gaze. “I'm looking for Jakotsu…” he paused, the boy still shaking his head and losing the little color he had and Ryen sighed, “can you stop doing that?”
 
Jakotsu stopped shaking his head yet couldn't close his eyes. `This is so not good. Bankotsu's going to flip!' he looked over the other demon's attire slowly, unable to help how long his eyes lingered on the demon's well built chest. “I'm…uhh…I…that is…” he coughed once and shook his head. “Why do you want him? Cause no one sees him without going through…or under…me.”
 
Ryen cringed and shook away the shivers that ran up his back. `No wonder Yash wanted to wait out there. Holy shit this guy is scary.' He kept his form as best as he could and managed a rather flat, “I'm here to pick up a cell phone.”
 
Jakotsu put a hand to his pocket…the pocket that contained his love's cell phone and grimaced. `Like hell I'm just gonna hand it over to muscles here…' he snorted once and set his jaw, slowly crossing his arms over his long flowing shirt. “What's it to you?”
 
Ryen narrowed his eyes, and stood up straight. “I believe the correct question is what am I going to do to you if you don't hand it over.”
 
Jakotsu waggled his eyebrows and leaned over the counter, flaunting himself to the Youkai. “You can do anything you want to me baby. I'll tell you this though…I'm know to be feisty!” he made a mock swing, and a bad imitation of a cat, at Ryen, who instantly moved back a step.
 
Ryen swallowed and narrowed his eyes, nearly ready to snap the boy in half. “Listen you….”
 
Another voice joined the conversation from the far left side of the bar towards a back room. A rather annoyed and yet arrogant voice called out, “hey, Sesshiles, whatcha you doin' out here?” Bankotsu swaggered his way across the bar with a shit-eating grin on his face. It was one grin that Ryen would have loved to wipe off the little schmuck's face.
 
Ryen clenched one fist as he kept his face towards the other boy. “Do you have the cell phone or do I need to beat it out of you?”
 
Jakotsu looked from Bankotsu back to Ryen then laughed…sadistically. “You're InuYasha-kuns brother? Wow…and so handsome you are. You have so much more…muscle then him…but still very yummy. And I like the dark…look. Tell me…what kind of beating are we talking about? Cause I like…”
 
Ryen felt his right eye twitch as he reached out and grabbed the little shit by his neck. Wrapping his entire hand around Jakotsu's throat, Ryen hauled him over the bar and mere inches from his face. “Cell phone. Now.”
 
Bankotsu grabbed Ryen's arm and tried to pry Jakotsu out of it. “Hey, Sesshiles, let him go! This isn't…” Bankotsu's eyes fell onto the demon's face and instantly he let go of Ryen's hand and fell backwards over two stools while trying to back up. “Oh shit, Ryen…I didn't know…why are you…ah, shit.”
 
Jakotsu's head snapped to look at Bankotsu then back at Ryen. “Oh…you're…you're…” his eyes widened as he suddenly dove his hand into his pocket of the silk pants he was wearing and pulled out the tiny silver cell phone. Setting it on the counter, he held up his hands, unable to help the small choking sounds that escaped his lips, “I'm so sorry…officer Onuni. …Can you uhh…put me down...please?”
 
Ryen sneered and dropped the boy onto the ground. `That's where I know him from.' He had never directly picked up InuYasha or his cronies off the street but had heard rumors of the strange one…they must have meant Jakotsu. He scowled at the boy before grabbing the phone and looking it over. “Should I disinfect it before actually touching it?”
 
Bankotsu nodded `yes' from his position on the floor and Jakotsu shook his head `no' while leaning against the bar, trying to gain back his breath.
 
Ryen shook his head slowly and pocketed the phone. “Look you two little bastards, stay away from my nephew. I really would hate to have to resort to physical violence…actually…I'm lying. So keep the fuck away from him and I won't have to put you both in the ground.”
 
Both boys nodded and Ryen smirked, smacking Jakotsu twice on the cheek for good measure with a faked smile, “good lads.” He offered a dark glower towards Bankotsu and turned towards the exit.
 
Jakotsu stood up from his hunched over position on the bar to help his cousin stand. He tilted his head to his right shoulder, adamantly admiring the view of Ryen walking away before calling out once, “so…exactly how much older then Inu are you?”
 
Ryen didn't miss a step as he flipped off the boys. Before he could open the door to leave, it crashed open in the opposite direction under the pressure of a flying fat man. Ryen jumped to the side as the body tumbled through four sets of tables and crashed to a halt against a barstool. Ryen whipped back around, his silver hair creating a rather loud whooshing sound and reached one hand behind his back. The figure groaned loudly, his stubby body reacting to the blow lethargically. “What the fuck…”
 
Bankotsu's eyes widened as he took a step forward, “Mukotsu?” The boy blanched and took a step back, “oh not good…”
 
Ryen glared at the boy then at the fallen figure, his eyes narrowed in confusion. `Oh…crap…the kid!' His eyes widened before turning on his heels and running out the shattered door. Skidding to a halt, Ryen swore and once again reached behind his back. `Fuck why didn't I sense this?' Ryen ducked as a man, that could have easily been a pro-wrestler, flung InuYasha over right over the top of his head. Reaching up an arm, Ryen plucked InuYasha out of the decent and nearly fell backwards as the boy's weight hit the pavement. `Note to self, apologize later for that.' He let go of InuYasha's arm that he had clasp in his right hand, and at the same time let go of the metal his left hand had been grasping behind his back. Just as quickly, he balled up his right fist and decked the rapidly approaching giant in the jaw. This…beast…had to be over seven feet tall and weighed easily over four hundred pounds. `And he's fucking human…how the hell does that work?' Ryen grinned as his fist connected with the monster's jaw and the sickening sound of breaking bone ensued and filled the night air. Almost immediately, the other three fighters jumped him. Still turning with the gravitational pull of his punch, Ryen wheeled around to face the on charging three. His left hand dropped to his right hip and un-holstered the Berretta that he was packing. Still turning on his feet, he came to stop with the barrel of the gun resting right between the lips of the oldest of the three attackers, his eyes focused straight down the barrel and into the man's soul. Eyes widened and everyone froze as the bald man whose mouth the pistol now rested in gulped. Ryen felt InuYasha dash to his side and could just about see the smirk on the boy's lips…hell, he was looking rather smug himself. He slowly and deliberately took his time, making a show of cocking the gun and resting his thumb on the trigger. “Now, now boys…I think we got off on the wrong foot.” His voice was just about dripping with a droll sarcasm as he could feel the sadistic glint entering his eyes. “Any of you fuckers care to tell me why the hell you're attacking my nephew?”
 
One of the three to Ryen's left laughed, his black hair swinging madly in the wind as he stared at the sight. “If you're going to blow his head off, by all means do it so we can move on with the fight.” He brandished a pair of metal claws at Ryen with a vicious and insane aura surrounding him. The claws reminded Ryen of something he had seen in X-men…and that worried him.
 
Ryen quickly assessed the other threat in front of him. The man was built like a machine…literally. His chest was padded in a thick aluminum and he was wearing something that looked like it was dug right out of Kano, from mortal kombat, over his left eye. His hands were fitted with metal gloves and his knees padded with a metal type of kneepad that had weird spikes protruding out of them. If he hadn't had his gun down some poor kid's throat, he probably would have laughed. Instead, he slowly turned his head back to glower at the youth. “Now…before I kill you, tell me why you're picking fights.”
 
Ryen heard Yash yell the warning but ducked a millisecond to late. A single swing from that giant beast he thought taken out sent him sprawling into the side of the building before dropping into the collected trashcans. “Fuck…”
 
InuYasha didn't take the time to check on his uncle…there were bigger fish to fry. Lunging forward, InuYasha let his fist connect with the side of Ginkotsu's metal ridden face. He grimaced as he felt at least one of his knuckles pop out of place as he landed five feet back. The bastard hardly flinched…and was laughing at him. “Fuck…we need to take these guys out!”
 
A trashcan flashed by InuYasha's head and hit the metal beast directly in the gut, knocking him backwards into a building wall. Hardly enough to hurt the beast but enough to delay him, InuYasha rushed into battle after his next target, Suikotsu. A hard body stepped between him and the older gang member though, and InuYasha nearly ran into the back of it.
 
Ryen sneered as he slowly looked over his shoulder at his baffled nephew, “Take out the big ones…you know what they say! This guy…he's a little…nuts, and I don't need to bring home a body bag.”
 
InuYasha nodded swiftly and turned to look back towards Ginkotsu. “Come here, you big bitch…”
 
Ryen used his free second to duck under the claws that were swung at him. he didn't even need to turn his head to know of their decent, he could feel the air moving by his head. The human lunged forward again, swiping madly at the demon. Ryen easily avoided his blows, merely entertaining the boy, trying to wear him down.
 
Suikotsu seemed to be more twisted then the bastard Jakotsu inside of the bar. His brown eyes were glazed over in a bloodlust that was so dark that Ryen chose not to fathom its roots. The boy had serious issues, Ryen could tell that much. Four dark green slash marks outlined his face, contrasting deeply with his thick long black hair. The boy stabbed at him again, laughing manically, “you shall fall on my claws, demon! Just you wait…I'll slay you as I have everyone else who comes in contact with my knives! No one is safe from me!”
 
Ryen jumped over the next swing and used the airtime to kick Suikotsu in the face before landing crouched on his left knee, his right leg extended out to the side of him. He dropped his left hand into the ground before looking up to plan his next course of action. The boy was already charging again and Ryen grinned. Slamming his right hand behind him, “you call that attachment a knife?” He quickly pulled Sou'unga out from the sheath that was strapped on his back. Twisting the blade in a 360-degree circle in his right hand, he grinned evilly at the boy, “this…is a knife.” Taking the moment that left Suikotsu stunned, Ryen plunged forward and swung the sword in a broad arch that barely missed the boy's chest and continued the lasso like circle over his head, brining the blade back around for a second cleaving. He swung it at the boy's head again, and watching Suikotsu duck under its path, altered directions from heading towards his left, and flipped his wrist to bring the blade back towards his right. The slicing of cloth was heard as well as the splitting of skin. Ryen paused, the sword extended out towards his right to glance down the silver blade. At the very tip of his mighty sword were a few drops of crimson stain. His eyes darted quickly to look to the boy's chest. A clean graze had ripped open the boy's dark blue shirt and had sliced open a shallow wound about seven inches in length. Blood trickled down the front of the boy's shirt as he gawked at the abrasion. “No one…No one…has ever hit me before in battle!”
 
Ryen cocked an eyebrow at the boy as he blistered in rage, “someone needed to knock you off that pedestal, princess…”
 
Suikotsu let out a deep bellow and charged madly at Ryen. Ryen simply sidestepped to the right, watching the boy nearly fall over his own two feet past him, and rotated his hand to thwap him in the back of the head with Sou'unga's handle. He heard the cracking of bone and watched the boy drop like a sack of potatoes at his feet. `That's gonna suck in the morning!' Ryen sneered at the boy before turning to see how InuYasha was doing.
 
InuYasha hadn't really made much progress with the overly large Ginkotsu. The damned monster kept falling over, laughing like a hyena, and then clambering his way back up again. InuYasha was wearing himself out, going at the beast at all different angles, trying to bring it down. He would get a couple good hits in then get slammed into the wall…or the pavement. The kid was beat tired…and odds were dripping out of his favor.
 
Ryen sighed and held the sword up against his shoulder. “This should be fun…” he walked slowly across the sidewalk, judging how the human moved and where it's weak points were. He didn't want to kill any of these kids and get into red tape with the police but he was beginning to get annoyed. And if there was one thing that was not cool was an annoyed Ryen. People had a tendency to disappear when he got annoyed. “InuYasha!”
 
Yash turned quickly to glower at his uncle before narrowly avoiding a clumsy swing from the mechanical monster in front of him.
 
Ryen lifted the blade above his head with a sickening grin. He swung it once around in the air, swirling a sudden mass of ominous black clouds around the sword like cotton candy and screamed, “Gokuryuuha!” A torrent storm of blazing light and ferocious wind poured out from the tip of the sword and hurled itself towards the monstrosity. Poor bastard didn't know what hit him. He was thrown back into the building…more to say, through the building, as the wind brought down the structure on top of him. InuYasha made a swift dive roll towards Ryen's left as bricks fell like raindrops from the sky.
 
“Are you fucking insane?” InuYasha jumped to his feet, looking back quickly and surveying the damage done before looking back to Ryen. “You could have just fucking killed me!”
 
Ryen offered the boy a glower out of the corner of his eye before he pulled out a cigarette from a crushed carton in his pocket. Lighting it up with a lighter that appeared almost magically in his hand, he took a deep drag before letting it droop to the right corner of his mouth. He threw the sword back into the sheath on his back before turning on his heels, producing yet another gun…this one a smaller magnum .45 TLE and clicked back the barrel. Once again, he was pointing it near inches away from Renkotsu's face. “We really should stop meeting this way.”
 
Renkotsu blinked twice then very slowly fell down to his knees. It was only then that Ryen realized that Kyoukotsu was at the ground, nearly severed in half. Not wavering his gun, Ryen glanced over the boy to see Bankotsu leaning against the wall of the bar, a giant ass sword slung over his shoulder and partially covered in blood. He snorted once and looked back down at the boy. Renkotsu gauged Ryen's reaction carefully before speaking, “my…brethren were…foolish to take you on. I will not beg for my life…”
 
Ryen grinned and put his thumb to the trigger, “yes you will…”
 
Renkotsu's eyes widened as he looked to the ground, “I…am not use to begging…” hearing the barrel slowly beginning to turn on the gun, he quickly sputtered out, “but I will…please, I do not wish for death.”
 
A click filled the air…yet no gunshot. Ryen chuckled deeply at the boy's obvious distress…and the puddle that was forming under him. No…he never had the first chamber of his .45 loaded. The second one was always the question. Ryen took a step back as the hectic glaze began to dim in Renkotsu's eyes, realizing his life was spared…for the moment. Ryen lowered the gun to his side, his finger still on the trigger. “Well…now that you've…” he made a face and decided not to follow that line of thought, staring at the enemy. “What the hell were you doing, attacking InuYasha like that? Why the fuck…”
 
InuYasha brushed by Ryen, sparing a disgusted look at Renkotsu and began slowly walking towards Bankotsu, “they wasn't so much after me…but I was in the way. What I want to know…” InuYasha paused as he stood in front of Bankotsu, his eyes scanning his friend's in suspicion for a moment, “is why they were all out to get you.”
 
Bankotsu glanced around InuYasha to stare hard at Ryen for a moment before lowering his baby off his shoulder to rest on the ground beside him. The damn thing was nearly as tall as he was and was a real bitch to hold. “Well…you see…it's kind of a long…”
 
Ryen clicked the gun and aimed it at the door. With one shot, a bullet buried its way into the building right between the edge of Bankotsu's sword and his head, which was only about a four-inch gap. He heard Renkotsu jump and shook his head slowly, “don't fuckin jerk us around, dick wad. Get to your point.”
 
Bankotsu froze as his eyes registered exactly how close that bullet had landed in regards to his head. He could just about feel singed hair. He swallowed hard and watched as Ryen literally dragged Renkotsu closer to them. “When I left here…that is when me and Hiten left here…we weren't in exactly good standings with the guys. I wasn't as in to the…trouble making…without you. And they didn't appreciate that. Bastards tried to dethrone me…pull a mutiny. So I…uhh…called the cops and tipped them off.”
 
Ryen dropped Renkotsu to the ground and put his steel-toed boot on the boy's chest, holding him to the ground. “And let me guess…that was only after you were on the plane to get the hell out of here, like the coward you are.” He glanced down at the boy who was trying to subtly escape and aimed the gun at him with a raise of his right eyebrow. `Does this kid have a death wish?'
 
InuYasha ran his hand over his eyes and slowly shook his head. “Is that why you came to Tokyo? To get me to come back here with you so you could get control of the guys? Did you not think that they were going to lynch you when you got back?”
 
Bankotsu grimaced and shifted his weight between his two feet. “I figured we could take them…like old times.”
 
Ryen rolled his eyes and threw another glower at Renkotsu when he tried to yet again and shook his head. His angry amber eyes fell on Bankotsu's. “Are you fucking nuts? Look, you little cock shit, next time you try that crap, make sure to leave my nephew out of it. These bastards should have your head, by all rights. Then again, you all should be locked up, if I had my say.” he threw a sparing glance at InuYasha, though not really excluding him from that generalization.
 
InuYasha sighed deeply, shaking his head. “That doesn't explain how the fuck you knew I'd be here…”
 
Bankotsu frowned and then rolled his eyes after a deep sigh, “I really didn't…honestly. The guys were harassing Jakotsu so I promised him I'd come down here and take him home with me…”
 
As if by magic, Jakotsu managed to appear behind Bankotsu, sticking his head out to gaze at the two silver haired men as if god himself had anointed them rulers of the world. He gave them both a short laugh and wiggled his fingers at them with a lecherous gaze on his face.
 
The expression that shot over both Ryen and InuYasha's faces were identical. They both cringed and looked to each other before Ryen carefully responded, “tell you what I'm going to do. I'm going to call my people down at the station and have these guys arrested. I'm going to go home…with InuYasha…and not you two. You are both going to stay here…in Kyushu,” he aimed the gun towards Jakotsu who quickly ducked behind Bankotsu with a yelp, “especially you…I really don't want to see your face again. Let me rephrase that, you really don't want to see my face again!”
 
Bankotsu shrugged and looked back at Jakotsu, “sorry guy…you're SOL.”
 
InuYasha rolled his eyes then paused, slowly licking his lips as the proverbial light bulb turned on in his brain. “Hold on…back up…. if you're here…then where the fuck is Hiten? I thought you two were attached by the ass…”
 
Bankotsu look angrily at InuYasha for a moment before sighing, “he's around…”
 
InuYasha crossed his arms, narrowing his eyes as the thought progressed. “You knew when they were going to be here, didn't you?”
 
Ryen watched as every muscle in Bankotsu's body froze. He nearly smiled. `Good going Yash, maybe there is some hope in you after all. Caught the fucker at his own game.'
 
Bankotsu looked at both men for a moment before glancing down at Renkotsu, “No…”
 
Renkotsu swiftly volunteered, “he's lying…and if you let me up…”
 
Ryen glanced down, returning the pistols aim towards him, “if I let you up what; you'll piss on yourself again? Not bloody likely…”
 
Renkotsu sighed, “look…we were angry at Bankotsu for anointing InuYasha higher in the clan when he was the youngest. Suikotsu should have been up for becoming the next commander…not that filthy hanyou.”
 
Ryen grimaced then kicked the kid in his ribs for measure. “Watch your fucking mouth!”
Renkotsu yelped with the blow then slowly continued, “he…Suikotsu demanded to be promoted when InuYasha left but Bankotsu held out on the thought that he would be back. When Bankotsu said he was leaving to find out what happened…we flipped. We overthrew his monarchy and took control for ourselves. We threatened that if he ever came back into town, we'd hang him by his balls out to dry.”
 
Bankotsu winced, his eyes widening slightly at the perceived threat.
 
Ryen raised an eyebrow and tapped on the boy's chest with his heel, “continue.”
 
Renkotsu sighed and stuttered, “we…well…did our thing until Jakotsu started bitching about us and how we ran things. We told him to go to Bankotsu if he didn't like it so instead the little bitch called Bankotsu and Hiten here. We told them they had four days to get out….”
 
InuYasha laughed sourly and nodded his head, “so when you found out I was here…”
 
Ryen finished his trail of thought, “…you found ways to make sure InuYasha stuck around…like frying him into unconsciousness.”
 
Bankotsu looked to the ground, his eyes betraying his façade. They had hit the nail on the head. “It's not like we meant to hurt him. We thought he was at the hotel…but Hiten's thunder found him elsewhere. We searched for two days around the damned city for him but couldn't figure out where the fuck he had gone. We never knew…bout the field…”
 
InuYasha nodded slowly, a cynical laugher slipping from his lips like acid, “where is that little shit?”
 
Bankotsu shrugged and looked towards Jakotsu, “He went back to Tokyo…said there were some things he needed to do.”
 
Ryen and InuYasha exchanged glances and seemed to momentarily mentally debate who got to take the first swing. Ryen won. He let go of Renkotsu and nodded towards the streets, “get lost.”
 
Renkotsu shot off like a bullet down the street, never once looking behind him.
 
Ryen took the moment to approach Bankotsu and position himself directly in front of the boy. With a rather stoic countenance, he held up the pistol to Bankotsu's face. “Didn't I warn you against fucking with my kin? I believe my exact words were `you are a waste of breath, you ignorant little shit, and don't think for one moment that I will not break every one of those cursed frail human bones of yours if you so much as come near either of my nephews again. I will make your life a living hell!' That sounds about right.” He put his finger on the trigger, “and since I just don't have the time to manually break every bone…”
 
Two gasps echoed through the night, both coming from in front of the demon. Bankotsu cried out, “Hold up…” and Jakotsu simply cried.
 
Ryen pulled the trigger…and was greeted by silence. He grinned as he watched Bankotsu screw his eyes shut while yelling obscenities into the midnight sky. He shoved the gun back into his holster and turned. “We're done here.” He turned his back on the two and walked down the alley, never once looking over his shoulder as the back of his trench coat flapped in the night sky, marking his departure.
 
InuYasha shook his head in amazement and disgust at the same time. `These little shits nearly killed me just to have me help him get his gang back. And who said I would have done it? I can't believe that!' He turned away from Bankotsu and broke into a jog to catch up to Ryen. Though he hated to admit it, Ryen had just bought himself a shit load of more respect from the hanyou.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Sango pressed her key into the worn lock of her apartment, a grimace set on her face. The noise from the video games was already blaring through the thick metal door…she could only loath to know how loud the boys truly were. Pushing open the door, she blinked once as a wave of thundering music intertwined with the screeching of tires and jaunts of the two teenagers attached to the controllers assailed her ears. She slammed the door shut behind her, her eyes widening at the mess in the apartment. A couple collected cans of beer sat around the sink, two empty pizza boxes sat on the floor next to her new micro-fiber couch, which was occupied by the perpetrators of the mess. Sango put a hand to her right temple, trying to calm her rapidly beating headache and tapped the heel of her foot. “Ahem.”
 
Both boys leapt at the sudden harsh cough behind them and nearly lost control of their racecars. Miroku was the quickest to pause the game. He turned to look over his shoulder then grinned like a child on Christmas and pointed towards the screen, “I decided that since me and Kohaku hadn't anything to do today…”
 
Kohaku peaked his head around Miroku from the other side of the boy and matched the lechers grin, “…we decided to have an all out X-box marathon.”
 
Sango bit her tongue and raised an eyebrow, “pizza and beer?”
 
Kohaku stretched and threw his body halfway back over the couch, his brown hair cluttering in his wide mocha eyes, “give it a rest…we were bored and it is the breakfast of champions…”
 
Miroku held up a finger and smiled, “and we drank in the house…so it would not be considered illegal…”
 
Sango thwaped Miroku once on the back of his head for good measure, her eye now twitching in anger, “illegal, oh no…immoral, you better bet your ass! What the hell were you thinking Miroku? No…scratch that…were you thinking at all?” she glanced over Miroku's shoulder at Kohaku, who was lazily lounging on the couch, his legs curled under his body as if he didn't have a care in the world. “And you! You're fifteen years old, Kohaku…and your getting drunk?”
 
Kohaku rolled his eyes and grabbed his control, “give it a rest Sango. Not getting drunk…just…buzzed. Big difference. Besides, I don't get drunk until after the sun goes down.”
 
Sango swallowed hard and ducked her head, trying to numb the tears out of her eyes. `He's fifteen going on thirty. What the hell…how is that fair to him?' she blinked once more and sighed loudly, turning her rage towards her boyfriend. “and I suppose you got the beer?”
 
Miroku shot Kohaku an apologetic smile before standing up. He put his hands on Sango's shoulders and pulled her into his chest. “I'm sorry, my beautiful butterfly…I never meant to do any wrong. I figured bonding…”
 
Sango shoved Miroku back and shouted, “Bonding over alcohol? Come on, Miroku…I really thought you had more sense then that!”
 
Miroku frowned and rubbed his chest where she had pushed him. “We didn't get wasted Sango! We drank that over the day…not all at once.”
 
Sango laughed cynically, “oh, well if you only gave my fifteen year old brother alcohol over the day…it's a completely different story.”
 
The smile that had been building on Miroku's face faltered, “Okay…so it sounds bad…”
 
Kohaku placed one hand on the back of the couch and hurdled it, landing a few feet from Sango. He crossed his arms and gave her a defiant stare; “it's my beer…I got it from the guys at the shop. Do you have a problem with it?”
 
Sango's eyes widened as she screamed back, “yes…are you deaf? Of course I have a fucking problem with it!”
 
Kohaku sneered, “well…age never stopped you from doing anything before. Why should it stop me?”
 
Sango sighed and put her hand back to the bridge of her nose. Rubbing the sensitive skin, she slowly began, “Kohaku…”
 
Kohaku held up two hands and backed away from Sango, “you know…I really just wanted to spend some time with you today…but as always…you were busy. So I got to hang with Miroku. He's cool and all…but you really have no place, Sango, at all, to come in here barking orders like you're my fucking mother!”
 
Sango didn't miss a beat, “I'm your god damned sister, Kohaku, that's enough!”
 
Kohaku rolled his eyes and evenly replied, “is it? You're my sister, that's great. You're my seventeen-year-old sister, mind you just turned, who has her new boyfriend living here. I'm sure that would look great to a social worker…”
 
Sango narrowed her eyes, “are you threatening me?”
 
Kohaku's lips curled back to a small smile, “maybe I am.”
 
Sango bit down on her tongue to keep from snapping back. After taking a few deep breaths she slowly replied, “Kohaku…if you call a social worker…you'll be placed in foster care. Do you really want that again? Do you really want to go back to that world? They will make you go to school…they will force you to do it their way.”
 
Kohaku frowned and looked away from his sister. `Foster care…' he closed his eyes and sighed deeply before whispering, “No.”
 
Sango's anger melted into a puddle under her feet as she reached out and pulled her brother into a hug, “Kohaku…what's going on? Talk to me…you use to be able to!”
 
Kohaku sighed and pushed away from Sango. “It was different then! I had a future! I had something!”
 
Miroku frowned and shifted his weight before grabbing the empty pizza boxes and walking towards the kitchen. `This is a conversation for her and her brother…not
me.'
Sango waited until Miroku was out of the room to grab Kohaku's bicep and pull him towards her, “what the hell is going on?”
 
 
Kohaku tried to wave off her grasp then sighed deeply, “I…I'm nothing Sango! I'm a shadow! I feel like I'm already dead! It's like I walk around the earth in the fucking shadows! Where am I going? Who the fuck knows! I work at a garage! I was kicked out of school, I have no future…no one who really knows I'm alive next to you and Miroku…I might as well not be!”
 
Sango's face fell as she quickly let go of his arm, “Kohaku…that's not true!”
Kohaku's brown eyes met hers, void of any emotion at all. He looked like he was staring through her…as if nothing existed in his eyes. His voice was droll…lifeless. “Isn't it?”
 
Sango felt tears well in her eyes as she reached out and clasp his shoulder, “snap out of it!” he blinked and she sighed, “what the hell? Kohaku…if you want to be active again, then come back to school! I'm sure I could talk Kaede into letting you back…I mean, you only set fire to a trashcan…Naraku tried to kill the student body…” she scowled and kicked at the imaginary riffs in the hard wood floors. “I…would be really happy…. What the hell are you laughing at?” Miroku appeared in the doorway behind her, his arms crossed over his thin frame as he stared at her in apprehension.
 
Kohaku had the back of his hand plastered over his mouth, his eyes wide in a twisted sort of mirth. He cleared his throat once, dropping his hand limply to his side before nearly choking on a chuckle, “I'm sorry…go…” he snorted once and looked away. Wiping imaginary tears from his eyes, he snapped his head back to Sango, a wide grin encompassing his face, “you want me…to go back to school?”
 
Sango eyed him over once, lifting her hand to visibly threaten him, “don't make me knock you out.” Dropping her hand to his shoulder, she met his stare, “come on Kohaku…”
 
Kohaku brushed off his sister's hand and turned his back to her, all smiles gone from his face. “No way, Sango. You're my sister, so I'll spare you the beat down I usually give the guys when they harass me about that. I don't belong there…I don't belong anywhere! But especially not at that rich bitch school!”
 
Sango looked as if she could cry. She withdrew her hands to wrap them around her body. “Kohaku…I want to see the best for you…”
 
Kohaku laughed once and shook his head slowly, his voice hardly above a whisper, “then let me die.” He stormed from the room, overturning an end table with his hand on the way out.
 
Sango gasped and covered her gaping mouth with both of her hands. Tears began to stream down girl's face as she heard her younger brother's door slam. `He's closing me out…he's locking me out of his life. He wants to…but…why? Why would he want to die? God Kohaku…what are you thinking? Can't you see?' she took a step towards the door before sinking slowly towards the couch with an outstretched hand. She felt two arms wrap around her body and pull her into her only known safe haven…inside of Miroku's arms. She buried her face in his chest, sniffing gently into his purple wife-beater. “He wants to die.”
 
Miroku ran his fingers through Sango's hair, gently petting her head trying to calm her down. “Sango…shush…he doesn't want to die. He's confused…he's hormonal…it's a stage.” he could remember all to well the same feelings that he had at that age. Though his were in attribute to his parent's recent deaths. Sango's parents had died three years ago. Both children had been placed into foster care after that; Sango went to the Higurashi's while Kohaku went to his aunts. Ms. Higurashi would have taken Kohaku in if the council would allow it…but she hadn't enough room. Sango still got to see Kohaku every day but it wasn't the same…and they all knew it. Kohaku went into a near catatonic state for a year and a half, hardly able to go about everyday functions let alone anything complex. Miroku didn't know much more then that, but he could only guess it got darker. The kid had problems, he would be the first to stand up and admit that, but he was still just a kid. Playing video games with him for eight hours straight proved that point to Miroku.
 
Sango shook her head, trying to will herself to stop crying. “He's not lying…you say it's a state but it's not. I know my brother and he will not say things that he doesn't mean. If he says…” she gasped again and hugged Miroku tighter, “how do I help him?”
 
Miroku shuffled his feet on the floor for a moment before gently sitting back to take Sango with him. “Love, maybe you should try taking him to a psychologist. Did he…”
 
Sango nodded, “he saw one every day when he was in his `zone', but he never said a word more then necessary. When he finally snapped out of it, it was as if he had been dead to the world. He went through the shock of losing mom and dad all over again. Doctors called it posttraumatic stress, much like what Rin has, but he was worse. He completely erased all the memories.”
 
Miroku nodded once, “I tried to do the same…after my parents died. It didn't work.”
 
Sango sighed sadly, “For him it did. He was able to ward off the images for a year. Then came the dreams. He was having horrible nightmares for the longest of time until one day he just remembered. He woke up and realized the nightmare was real.”
 
Miroku cringed and kissed Sango's forehead. “It's okay, Sango…I know it has to be rough.” He paused for an awkward silence before starting, “I…I'll talk to him…”
 
Sango interrupted his train of thought, “he was there.”
 
Miroku grimaced, “I thought so.” He closed his eyes for a moment of reflection, `this wont' be so easy. The poor kid…he had to be twelve when they died…and he saw it? Man, that sounds familiar.' He scoffed and shook his head.
 
Sango swallowed hard, trying to articulate the words. “He…he had gone to work for the day with my parents. Both of them worked on the city council. When they were leaving, he realized he had left one of his video games for his game boy inside and dad went back to get it. That's when the bomb went off. Mom heard the explosion and ran towards the building before debris…” she let her voice trail off and shook her head quickly, “he wasn't hurt bad…kind of scraped up and singed from the heat. But…he saw mom…he watched as a piece…”
 
Miroku instantly pulled her harder into his arms, rocking back and forth hushing her, “it's okay Sango…I understand. You don't need to say anything more.”
 
Sango sniffled and looked up to Miroku, her eyes filled with unshed tears, “and I can't imagine what it must have been like for him…for you, for anyone in that situation. To watch as your parent dies in front of you….” she took a deep breath, forcing control back into her voice, “I swore to myself that I would never let him be hurt again. But after he got his memories back, he stared lashing out at everyone…at anything. He ran away from his home night after night…getting involved with the wrong crowds and getting into constant fights. My aunt couldn't control him and put him back into the system. They moved his around and he only got worse. I think his actions at that age could rival
InuYasha's.”
 
Miroku leaned Sango away from his body and grasped both of her shoulders, “what matters now is the present and the future. We can't change the past…you know that. If we can reach him…maybe…just maybe, we can help. Let me talk to him…let me try to talk him into going to school. Souta's his age, isn't he? Maybe they could hit it off and be friends. It would be one step up.”
 
Sango grimaced and Miroku brushed his lips against hers, “if you could, that would be wonderful, Miroku. Thank you.”
 
Miroku nodded before kissing her lightly, letting his tongue trace her lips, “anything for you Sango. I'd go to the ends of the earth, grow wings and fly for you.”
 
Sango swallowed hard, her eyes meeting his. “Why, Miroku…I don't understand? What is it about me? Why do you love me?”
 
Miroku paused, his lips hovering in front of hers as his stunning purple eyes bore into hers. “If you have to ask yourself that, Sango…then we need to have a long talk. I love you because I always have…because you're the only girl in my heart. I love you because you are you. You are my goddess, you are my sun…my Helen of troy! You're my everything!”
 
Sango licked her lips and closed her eyes. “You…you can't possibly expect me to….”
 
Miroku silenced her with his lips pressing harshly against hers. After a near bruising kiss, he pulled back and smiled down at her, “I do believe that. I believe every word of it. I love you.”
 
Sango smiled and closed her eyes, leaning in to place her cheek against his chest. In a very quiet pleading voice, she seductively whispered, “take me to bed, Houshi.”
 
Miroku grinned wickedly as he reached one hand under her legs and lifted her to his chest. “It would be my honor, my queen.” Holding her bridal style, he carried her down the long hallway to their bedroom. Depositing her on the bed, he rushed to shut the door and in record time, stripped himself of all clothing. He turned back and his eyes nearly fell out of his head. Sango was lying on the bed, her head propped up on one hand with her raven locks draping down her back and spilling over her face, shadowing one part. In the darkness, her eyes shined with near demonic lust. Miroku felt himself gulp but not move. Yet he did…he was standing before her, his hands cupping her cheeks before he knew what was going on. Bending over, he brushed his lips once more against hers as he was becoming painfully aware of his want for her. He pressed his lips harder against hers as he pushed her backwards onto the mattress to lie on her back. Swinging one leg over her body, he didn't dare to break the kiss as he straddled the girl of his dreams. His hands traced her neck then her collarbone as he let his tongue dip into her mouth. He heard her moan as his hands drifted lightly over her hardened nipples that were poking though her black satin bra and tight black top.
 
Miroku groaned as Sango suddenly claimed dominance over the kiss, igniting the affectionate gesture with her tongue while rising her hips to grind her pelvis against his, pushing his throbbing member against her quickly dampening core. His hands brushed once more over her nipples and she arched her back quickly, a deep moan bellowing into his mouth from hers. Miroku smiled then pulled the tight black top from his lover. If she wanted to be teased…he would be more then happy to oblige. He ripped the material off her head and tossed it to the side before eyeing over her thundering mounds. He gave her a lustful gaze before letting one hand begin working at her pants as his lips found their way to her bra covered breast. Nipping at the hardened bud through the material was enough to make Sango nearly scream out his name, aching her back against his hands, pressing her breasts closer to him. Miroku smiled a very hentai grin and pulled down her bra with his teeth as one hand wormed its way into her pants. `Damn she's wet!' He let one finger trace her clit before slipping into her cavern, just resting the tip on the inside of her body. He let his tongue trace her bud, lapping at the nipple like a starving pup. She arched her body, trying to push his finger deeper inside of her, yet every time she moved, so did he. She groaned in frustration and pressed her hips against his hand, begging for him to continue. His reluctance was painful! Miroku snagged her right nipple between his front teeth as he quickly thrust his finger inside of her.
 
Sango moaned loudly then cringed, nearly sure that if Kohaku hadn't heard them before, he did now. Miroku pulled back and let the tip of his finger once again rest at her entrance and she nearly screamed. Even without him touching her, she was being driven closer to her climax by the anticipation. Miroku let go of her breast with his lips, and let his left hand begin kneading her mounds as his mouth traveled down over her stomach and abs, leaving a trail of butterfly kisses in his wake. He reached her core and placed one tight kiss on her clit before dipping his finger back inside of her. Sango's eyes rolled back as she sputtered out, “oh Kami Miroku! I want you so bad.”
 
Miroku pulled his index finger down inside of her, opening her passage a little bit more and let his tongue trace her nether-lips. He teased her clit with the tip of his tongue, flicking the small bud back and forth, gaining himself louder moans and more blatant pleas for him to take her. He let his tongue then fall inside of her opening and instantly she grabbed his head with both of her hands, her walls clenching down around his muscle. She fisted his hair as her body reacted to the new stimulus, threatening to let her orgasm right then and there. Miroku must have sensed this as well because he brought one finger to her clit and began tracing quick-pressured circles over the bud while he let his tongue act as a cock, sliding it in and out of her quickly. She arched her back and with a guttural yell, climaxed right into his mouth.
 
Miroku drunk down her honey as if it was going out of style as it coated his tongue. Only when she stopped twitching from the long orgasm did he kiss either side of her inner thighs then work his way back up her body with soft passionate kisses. Reaching Sango's mouth, Miroku kissed the Asian beauty and let her taste herself on his lips. At the same time, he pressed the tip of his cock to her vagina. Pulling back, he stared down at her and pushed a small strand of her sweat-covered hair from her face. “If you're not up for another round…I'll stop.” He kissed her cheek then looked at her with a look of absolute devotion, “are you?”
 
Sango met his gaze and never wavering, reached over to her nightstand and opened the drawer. She pulled out a tiny red package and ripped it open before putting one hand to his chest. Sango grinned as Miorku's eyes widened and pushed him off of her and onto his back. She leaned down towards his length, and let her tongue trace up it slowly before pressing the rubber of the top of his mushroom cap. Giving his base one more suck, she pulled the sheath down around him. She gave him a smile and grabbed his hands in hers. Leaning back again, she pulled him up to his previous position. “As you were.” Miroku raised an eyebrow at her demand as he pressed the tip of his cock to her opening. “So…you're sure?” Sango smiled and pressed her hips up, pushing the head of his penis inside of her. She moaned as he slowly slid in, her already slick passage welcoming his length. He was a well-endowed boy she had come to believe. Maybe a little over eight inches long and maybe about two inches thick, he was enough to fill her completely. She groaned as he pressed all the way inside and rested his tip against her back wall. “Miroku…gods, Miroku!”
 
Miroku grinned as she writhed beneath him in pleasure. “Sango, my sweet?” he let his body still inside of her, making her wild with desire from the unfilled need.
 
Sango attempted to thrust her hips against his yet his body weight stopped her from being able to do so. “Miroku…please…I need…”
 
Miroku pulled back slowly then slammed his length back into her, making her gasp in the middle of her beg. He did so again, and again, until he was hammering into her with as much speed as he possessed. The entire bed shook, the headboard crashing into the wall, but neither once cared. They were too enraptured in each other to notice. Miroku grunted once, and pushed himself further into Sango with each thrust. He felt her walls begin to milk him for his seed as he felt her entire body begin to shake. Miroku only took a moment to join her in her orgasm, screaming her name for the high heavens to hear. When he regained his vision, he slid out of her and dropped to her left side, only to pull her into a warm embrace. “I love you, my dear sweet Sango.”
 
Sango pressed her head into the crook of his neck and placed an open mouth kiss on the bare flesh. “And I you, Miroku.”
 
The duo fell into a soundless sleep only moment later, the smell of sex still lingering in the air.
 
 
~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*
 
Rin pushed open the door to the mansion and walked inside. The room was dark…the entire house was dark. A pang of fear shot through her and all she could do was wrap her arms around her body, her eyes shooting around the environment, praying to the Kami's Sesshoumaru was home. He knew she had gone to Kagome's…but probably wasn't expecting her home for another few hours. `Where would he go?' she swallowed hard once, her entire mouth running dry. She tried to clam herself as she kicked off her clogs, telling herself that there was nothing in the house to be afraid of. She closed her eyes, wondering if she could possibly run up the steps blind and make it to Sesshoumaru's room. She took one step and nearly banged into the houseplant. Her eyes shot open and she looked down to stop the pot from crashing to the floor. `Fucking wonderful job Rin!' she sighed and looked up only to connect with a pair of tired golden eyes, beaming out from the darkness of the kitchen. She didn't mean to scream but it just kind of…happened. It was a very short yell but a loud one at that. She threw a hand over her heart and reached over to flip on the lights. She winced as the florescent light of the crystal chandelier illuminated the room and rushed into the kitchen. Sesshoumaru would never just stand there…in the darkness unless something was dreadfully wrong. She nearly flew to his side. “What's wrong?”
 
Sesshoumaru glanced at Rin from his position of leaning against the back window, where he had been staring out blankly into the backyard for a little over three hours. `When did it get dark?' he sighed once and ran a hand through his silver tresses. He held out one arm as Rin barreled into his chest. He stroked her head for a moment of comfort before crushing her into his chest, “Nothing…nothing is wrong.” He knew his voice betrayed him. It wasn't a normal thing for him, to put emotion in his voice. `Why now, she won't…understand.'
 
Rin tired to pull herself from his grasp, knowing he was lying to her face. She gave up her struggle after a moment realizing it was an impossible task. He would let her go when he wanted to. “Don't lie to me, Sesshoumaru. What's going on?”
 
Sesshoumaru blinked and looked back out the window, “Ryen is on his way home with InuYasha. They have a twelve o'clock red eye flight back.”
 
Rin frowned and tired to meet his gaze yet failed again. Her eyebrows creased, “So…what's wrong with that? That's a good thing, isn't it? Is he okay? Did something happen to him? What the hell…”
 
“Rin.”
 
Rin paused, knowing she was questioning too much for the demon to respond to. She sighed and wrapped her arms around him. `He's not telling me something.' She sighed once, “Well…that's good news that he's coming home, isn't it?”
 
Sesshoumaru nodded curtly.
 
The silence was thick with tension as the two simply stood together, looking out into the bleak night. Rin hesitantly tried to pull away, only to be shocked when he let her go. She frowned and let her eyes drop to the floor, “so…why are you looking outside?”
 
Sesshoumaru let a very tiny smile lift his lips only to drop it a moment later, “I did not know that I was not allowed…”
 
Rin smacked his shoulder playfully before walking to the kitchen to grab a can of soda, “you know what…” she paused as her eyes fell onto the empty vodka bottles on the counter. She carefully placed her can down and turned to look at him, holding up one of the three. “What aren't you telling me?”
 
Sesshoumaru blinked once and sighed deeply. He didn't need to turn around to know what she was talking about. “I was thirsty.”
 
Rin huffed and crossed arms stubbornly, “bullshit. Thirsty people drink water…they drink juice…they don't drink three bottles of…” she read the label, “fucking absolute vodka. What the hell is going on, Sesshoumaru?” she crossed her arms, slamming the bottle back into the counter. She had never seen him drink before…at least not anything like this. And to drink this much for no reason…she wasn't buying it.
 
Sesshoumaru turned slowly to give Rin a lazy stare. “I had to entertain myself somehow Rin.”
 
Rin blinked once, twice then looked to the bottle then back at Sesshoumaru. “You're fucking with me, right? This…drinking for the fuck of it is something I would expect bakayasha to do…not you! What the bloody hell is going on! You can tell me, Sesshoumaru! Please…” she picked up the bottle and took a step closer to him, feeling a thousand emotions at once. `Is he drinking because he is fed up with me…and with all of these damn problems? Is he sick of dealing with me? Did something happen? Is he okay? Why would he do this? It doesn't make sense…he's not like that!' worry burned in her gut like a raging forest fire. “Sesshoumaru…”
 
Sesshoumaru turned back to look outside, offering her no answer, no reason, no explanation. He wasn't ready to tell her…not yet. His right hand curled into a fist as he fought with his inner feelings to keep his mouth shut. `Not yet…it would only cause more problems.'
 
Rin licked her lips, nodding very slowly. With a huff, she turned and smashed the glass bottle over the counter top. She jumped at how the cracking glass echoed throughout the house. She saw him jump…that was new, he never was startled by something she did before. Everything about the situation freaked her out. This was not good. Sesshoumaru was moving towards her slowly, unworried, his eyes focused on the glass shards. `Duh baka, he would have smelt your blood.' She snorted once and walked around the counter in the opposite direction, her eyes narrowly focused on his. She raised an eyebrow then stormed from the kitchen without another word. `Let him have his secrets…he'll tell me when he's ready. Bastard.'
 
Sesshoumaru sighed deeply as Rin fled from the kitchen and silently cursed. He bent down and picked up the larger pieces of the bottle and threw them into the recycling can under the sink. He closed the door and braced his weight against it with his hands pressed on the cabinet. He closed his eyes and hung his head for a moment before pushing up and digging into his right pocket. Pulling out a white sheet of paper, he stared at it as if the paper had single handedly destroyed an entire civilization. After a moment, he un-crumpled it to glare at the letterhead of the notice. `How did they my…how did they know? How is this possible?' he swallowed hard, his mouth once again becoming parched. He hadn't known what to do when he got the mail. He stared at the letter for a good hour before he started slamming back the alcohol at a complete loss as to what to do. He loved Rin and his place was with her. But this…this was big. This was something that she wouldn't understand right now, not in her current state. She would think he would leave her immediately. Would he leave? Could he leave? He cringed and rubbed his right temple with his hand for a moment.
 
Sesshoumaru paused before letting his eyes scan over the letter for the hundredth time that day. The letterhead was pristine, flawless. Harvard University, Cambridge campus. He closed his eyes, shaking his head slowly. He didn't need to read the rest of the letter…he knew what it said. `Congratulations…' Sesshoumaru scoffed and slammed the paper down onto the cabinet before turning and walking from the kitchen. He needed air…he was feeling sick.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~**~~~**~*~*~*
 
R&R!!