InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ Of men and tights ( Chapter 65 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Curse of the Dragon <>~
 
~<>~ Chapter 65 ~<>~ of men and tights
 
 
Acidic content ahead!!
 
 
~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*
 
 
Kagome clapped her hands once, crossed her right foot over her left and pivoted her hips outwards towards the empty bleachers. With a very slow and elegant role of her hips, she let her hands travel from the clasped prayer position in front of her chest to linger slightly above her head before running them down the length of her torso with a seductive yet contemplative glare on her face. She rolled her hips as she draped her hands over her shoulders before jutting out her right hip forward, dragging her feet to match the pace and thrusting her hands out in front of her as if clearing the way to move through, her hands palms out. She snapped her head back once to her left shoulder behind her, the crossed her arms over her chest, snapping her body to face the bleachers. She paused, a look of confusion washing over her face then cursed loudly and kicked the grass. The loud bass that had been echoing the empty field died out almost instantly and Kagome dropped to sit Indian style on the ground her eyes dark with despair. “Damn…it's always at the down beat that I get lost. If I can't get this right…what should allow me to believe that you guys will? It's not fair of me to ask all of you to learn it this fast!”
 
 
A freshman girl with dark black hair and some fake blonde highlights sat down in the grass next to her junior captain and put a hand tentatively on her shoulder, “it's not your fault that you've been away from the team, Kagome. We don't blame you. We'll learn the cheer, don't worry.”
 
Kagome put her hand over the girls and sighed again, lifting her head to meet the fifteen girl's stares. “Guys…it's not going to be easy. I mean, we can use the one I taught you from the opening weekend but…I really wanted to do something new. The dance I am working on would do great if we could all learn it…”
 
Two hands dropped onto her shoulders and a chin nestled itself onto the top of Kagome's head. In a tone she hadn't heard come from the said girl in weeks, Rin bubbled, “So…why don't we take an overnight and work at the mansion on it? We can be ready for tomorrow that way. I'm sure the boys have some type of surround system in the basement.”
 
Kagome lifted her head up to stare into Rin's lighthearted face and felt the corners of her mouth twitch into a smile. “I guess. That is…if Sesshoumaru and InuYasha are really okay with fifteen girls in their house?”
 
Rin shrugged and stood up, holding down a hand to pull Kagome to her feet. “What straight guy wouldn't be? Come on, Kagome…it will be fun. A girl's night! If anything, the boys can go sleep at Ryen's…” there was a hesitant pause while Rin lifted a finger to her chin to stare in wonder, “wherever that may be.”
 
Kagome laughed and stood with the girls help. “That would be interesting.” She turned to the girls and gave them a sober smile, “it will be lots of work, and I'm not going to lie. To try to get a full dance longer then four minutes in,” Kagome peeked at her watch and made a face, “fifteen hours…is really pushing it. We'll be exhausted and probably sweaty but if you all want to do this…then I'm in.”
 
There was a mild discussion but mostly filled with giggles and apprehension about spending the night at the Taisho mansion. One of the girls blushed and muttered, “is InuYasha going to be there? Cause we know how you two are…” a loud shush echoed from somewhere in the lines as Kagome's face stained red and her eyes widened. The girl quickly threw up her hands and offered an apologetic smile, “not that it's a bad thing...it's cute…but to those who have to share a room…”
 
Kagome covered her face to try to hide the vast blush and muttered, “we wouldn't…we're not…I'm…” she sighed and shook her head no. “he won't be there, don't worry.”
 
There were a few giggles, some disappointed sighs that got a dark glower from both Rin and Kagome and some more laughs. Kagome shoed the nosy girls back into line and took to the front of the group. “Look, I have to get to play practice, but if we all meet at the Taisho mansion at seven, that will give you all time to pack. Now I know five of you can't get out of school, or for that matter, get permission to attend the trip and that's fine. If you want to come tonight, you're more then welcome to. Those who are going, unfortunately this night is mandatory. Bring sleeping bags and pillows and a change of clothes. Also bring your uniforms. We'll start warming up at seven thirty and I'll order pizza for dinner for all of us.” she heard a few groans and made a face, “cheer up, I promise it won't be bad. We'll have fun!”
 
Rin launched herself on Kagome from the sideline and giggled when they both fell over. She lifted her head up as the other girls burst into laughter and playfully shoved at Kagome's shoulders, “and Rin wins the game!”
 
Kagome stared at the girl for a moment, choking in her own laughter and stood slowly again with her attackers help. The other girls laughed as they walked away from the friends, gossiping over the upcoming trip to Kyoto. Kagome sighed and shook her head slowly. She brushed off her pants and shot Rin a curious look, “you get into sugar or something, sweetie? You're a bit…hyper.”
 
Rin shoved her books together and then into her backpack while trying to hold back her laughter. She shook her head then snorted and only laughed harder. “Just a bit…maybe…actually…no, I didn't.” she took a deep breath, snuck a peek at Kagome and burst into a new fit of giggles.
 
Kagome stared at Rin for a very long moment, her face sobering up as she felt her lips slide into a frown. “Rin…are you okay?” her mind flashed back to the scene of Rin and InuYasha in the parking lot and Kagome felt herself blanche, `he wouldn't…no…Sesshoumaru would kill him. Besides, he doesn't carry that stuff on him anymore. This is all Rin…she's on some type of sugar high.' She sighed as Rin grabbed her book bag and bolted towards the high school auditorium from their place on the football field. Kagome shook her head, watching the girl dart like lightning and began her trek back to the school alone. `No…that's not sugar making her this hyper. She's been moody since she started on the medication. I haven't seen results like this yet…but I don't doubt that this is from the drugs. Poor girl…she must be going crazy with the mood swings. I don't think I could handle it.' she couldn't help the twinge of guilt that washed over her or the words seeping from somewhere in the darkest corner of her mind, `if she wasn't a true friend, you would have to be dealing with this right now. She scarified everything for you and you know it! It's going to cost her, her sanity, you know that right? You did this, Kagome…you could have figured it out quicker!' Kagome grimaced and shook the thoughts from her head. She really didn't want to dwell on those thoughts. Right now she needed to be there for her friend.
 
She tilted her head back and looked up to the blue sky that was peaking through the light pink clouds. It was a little before five pm and it already looked like it was ready to snow. `Snow on the first week in November? How bad is this winter going to be?' she shivered as a cold wind assaulted her from the north. It was hard to believe it was already November…but harder to imagine that she had known InuYasha for a full month. A major part of her had forgotten how to live without him. If she had to go a day without seeing him, it hurt. To spend the night out of his arms…she couldn't sleep. She knew this for a fact; the time that her mother had forced her into her own room at night she would wake up restless and exhausted. To be without him next to her right now was playing cords on her heart and gave her a rather nauseous feeling in her gut. `I guess this is what I was afraid of. If he gets bored of me…if he decided that he is sick of me…I'll die without him. I don't think I could go on. I love him…god I love him so much.' She felt a smile grace her lips as she crossed the street towards the school. Everything had changed so drastically for her in the past month; starting from relationships, feelings, and her personality…everything was different now. It wasn't the simple white and black world that it always had been…now there were shades of gray, hues of blues and splashes of color everywhere. Hearing comments like what Mrs. Fallion declared in science had struck nerves within her already frayed brain and forced her to realize a number of things though. She was being careless…she was tossing away her education to help friends. But it was worth it. Being able to see Rin smile and laugh as she was doing right now made the fact that she might fail the marking period seem miniscule. Rin was turning in circles up ahead of her, waiting for Kagome by the school door.
 
Kagome sighed and shoved her hands into her jean pockets as she approached the girl. Rin had been quieter then normal up until lunch. The smile that had graced Kagome's face fell at the sides of her lips as she watched Rin cautiously. It was hard for Kagome to admit that half of Rin's sudden burst of bubbly energy was from her medication. If she admitted it, that would be saying that Rin needed it to be happy. And that wasn't true. In reality, Kagome hated the fact that her friend was on so many drugs. Sure, it was only two pills…but it was two pills twice a day and whatever the doctor gave her at the clinic. Kagome had been inclined to tell Rin not to take the drugs, not to become so dependant on them that she would never find her way back but she didn't have the heart to. If these drugs would make Rin forget about what happened…help her deal with it and make her well again, then who was Kagome to stand in her way? `It's all my fault…If I had known…if I had thought for one moment that it was me he wanted…' she ran a hand over her face and then grabbed Rin by her arm. With a playful shove, she pushed Rin towards the door. The girl stuck her tongue out at Kagome then laughed and pushed her way into the school. `I would have gladly taken her spot. She doesn't deserve this.' with a deep sigh, Kagome forced a smile back to her face and followed her friend. She had to be strong for Rin…she had to be the sister that Rin needed now.
 
Rin shoved her way into the auditorium where kids had gathered to get ready for the first day of play rehearsal. They had two months to get it together; after the New Year they would perform the first week that school resumed. Pushing her way through the crowd, Rin plopped down on the stage next to Miroku and Kouga who immediately stopped talking and stared at her as if she had three heads. She threw her book bag at Miroku with a smirk then dropped backwards to prop herself up on her elbows. “What did I miss?”
 
Miroku cast a weary glance at Rin then checked quickly around the auditorium for Sesshoumaru. He knew the demon had to be somewhere…there was no way he would let Rin go this far by herself. Miroku's eyes caught up with Kagome who was huffing her way to the stage and he smirked, “not a damn thing. Kenchi is still talking to the extras then we're going to start. He wants us to warm up our vocals.”
 
Rin raised an eyebrow then glanced around the room. There were so many people that the endless banter was exasperating. Rin threw a wild smirk at Miroku, whose eyes widened as the girl reared back, and screamed, “Shut up!”
 
Ears rang from the high-pitched command and as ordered, every eye in the room fell on the petite spitfire on the stage that threw a smile at Kagome as she carefully sat down next to her. “It worked.” Rin shrugged and looked to Kouga and leaned forward slightly. Examining the dark bruise on the wolf's cheek, she clucked her tongue against her teeth, “that looks bad, Kouga-kun. You really shouldn't run your mouth to InuYasha over Kagome…haven't you learned that yet?”
 
Kouga glowered at Rin then turned his eyes to the said girl. He looked her over and gave her a bright smile, “how are you feeling Kagome? You look a little pale.” Not waiting for her response, Kouga grabbed Kagome's hands and offered her a knee-buckling smile. “Kenchi wants us to warm up our vocals…feel like trying one of our songs out?” his eyes seemed to glimmer at the thought of sharing anything with Kagome and put the girl's stomach to knots. He leaned forward and let his lips glide over her cheek. “What do you say?”
 
Kagome jerked away and gasped, her hand flying to her cheek where he had tried to kiss her as if he had smacked her instead. Her eyes widened and she stammered over her words, “I…Kouga…no….”
 
Kouga merely shrugged and grabbed her hands. “I understand completely. You're probably still shaken from third period. After dog shit acted up like that in the parking lot…”
 
Kagome turned cold eyes towards Kouga and raised a thin eyebrow, making sure to keep distance between the two of them. “InuYasha acted like that because you threatened him. Haven't you learned Kouga?”
 
Kouga snorted once and raised himself to his knees. Moving around Miroku Kouga placed both of his hands on Kagome's outstretched knees and stared deep into her eyes, “haven't you? Damnit, Kagome…I feel like you are missing the most important piece of this picture. He's using you! And I'll be a fucktart if I stand by and let him do it! Ain't no way, Kags, that I'm going to let that happen.”
 
Kagome blanched and looked towards Rin for help. Rin glanced at the two and nearly growled, “back up Kouga…your out of your comfort zone and are putting her at risk to get your fleas.”
 
Kouga turned his attention slowly towards Rin; drastically prolonging the time it took his to turn his head to stare at the younger girl, “stay out of this Rin.”
 
Rin dropped her jaw in mocked shock and put her hand to her lips, “oh my god Kouga…you got me so good there.” She sneered and pushed at his shoulder, “get away from her! Can't you just leave well enough alone?”
 
Kagome licked her lips and shook her head slowly, “InuYasha is already ready to beat the living daylights out of you. Are you really sure you want to push him?”
 
“Fuck InuYasha and fuck anyone who tries to get in my way! Kagome, can't you see what he doesn't love you? Can't you fucking see it? No boyfriend shoves their girlfriends into cars…no boyfriend forces themselves on their girls during school hours…”
 
Kagome reared back and slapped Kouga clean across the jaw, “shut up, Kouga. I'm so sick of all of this bullshit. If you don't like InuYasha and me together, to bad…get over it. I'm in love with him…I love him and I plan on being with him for the rest of my life.”
 
Kouga shook his head and jumped to his feet, “then you're a fool.”
 
Miroku took the moment to snicker once and shake his head. Mirth colored his voice though his eyes wee dead serious, “no…you are.”
 
Kouga glared down and shot Miroku a dangerous glower, “what the fuck did you say?”
 
Miroku shook his head and looked towards the ceiling, purposely avoiding Kouga's glare. “No worries, my friend. Just shut your mouth and walk away now.”
 
Kouga sneered once and began to grumble as he turned to Kagome. “Just don't say I didn't warn you when you end up the next victim of the three F's. I don't take yesterdays used toys from the garbage.”
 
Both Kagome and Rin's jaws nearly hit the ground as Miroku raised an eyebrow towards the wolf Youkai who turned on his heels and was storming off stage. Miroku counted slowly backwards from ten, his lips in a thin line as he watched him walk off. `Wait for it…not yet….wait…okay, and now…'
 
As Kouga pushed his way through the curtain, a set of hands reached out, wrapped around his collar and pulled him into the darker corners of the room. In a matter of a jiffy, Kouga found himself plastered to the wall of the school with a fuming inu-hanyou's face inches away from his. Kouga gulped audibly and struggled with the boys grasp. “Let me down, man…peace…come on, and put me down…”
 
InuYasha lowered the boy to the ground and nodded slowly, “peace…right…” he turned on his right then circled back around with awing speed and crashed his balled left hand into Kouga's jaw, giving him a set of purple imprints on his face. The boy flew backwards as InuYasha hissed, “peace that, motherfucker!” before Kouga could hit the ground, InuYasha was on top of him, his hands around the wolf's throat. “You stay the fuck away from Kagome, you hear me you shit! If I hear you even talk to her once more, I'll kill you!”
 
Kouga sputtered out some undistinguishable noises then sneered, “you fail to notice that we're partners in the play! I'll be with her every fucking day and you can't do a single thing about it.”
 
InuYasha's face contorted as he struggled to keep his temper. “Fuck you, Kouga. I can kill you, and then you sure as hell won't be by Kagome again. Or I can just rip your balls off and make you more of a bitch then you already are!” He cracked his knuckles menacingly with a glint of evil malice glistening like red splotches in his amber eyes. “You chose, Kouga, just so you can't say I never did shit to you. Death or castration?”
 
Kouga pulled back from the furious hanyou for fear of the red that had slowly begun creeping into his eyes; it was unanimous, InuYasha was royally pissed off. Kouga took a deep breath and cracked his neck in one direction and tried to pull out of the relentless death grip that the hanyou had him in. “all right, I get your point. But you better get mine. If you hurt her…I'll kill you.” InuYasha, shocked, let go of Kouga who jumped to his feet and put some space between him and the fuming demon. Kouga spit out a wad of blood and pointed a claw at InuYasha, “I swear to god man, I will take her from you faster then you can blink if you fuck it up again! She's too sweet of a girl to be with the likes of you anyway, but she seems hooked. If you fuck around just once, I swear you'll never…”
 
A fist collided with the right side of Kouga's temple, sending the demon sprawling out of the curtain and down the stage into an unconscious heap at the bottom the steps. InuYasha snapped his head around, ready to pounce on the new attacker. Sure, he had been ready to bitch smack Kouga into last week when he started running his mouth again but someone had beaten him to it. The sadistic sneer on his face melted when he met his brother's furious eyes. InuYasha's mouth pursed and he cocked his head to one side. `Not who I was expecting…but then again…' he shrugged and let out a tight chuckle, “good timing Sesshiles.”
 
Sesshoumaru spared a moment to stare at InuYasha, contemplating sending his brother, as well as the wolf, into a coma. He sighed and dropped his fist and fished his hands into his pockets. He turned his head and looked towards the right of the stage, where Rin sat with Kagome laughing about Kouga who was being tended to by other students, “if you let him continue talking shit around Kagome, he'll think that your accepting it. If you let him think for one moment that he may have the upper hand, you'll lose her. Your power and your claim must be absolute.” He took another moment to look over his brother and frowned. His eyes narrowed as he nodded towards the fading purple stripes on the side of his face, “you lose control of yourself over some stupid wolfs rankings? Are you that insecure that you feel that threatened?”
 
InuYasha swung around to glower at Sesshoumaru before looking at his hands and scowling, “I could have killed him, you know. He pissed me off that damned much.”
 
Sesshoumaru shook his head slowly, his eyes locking onto Rin's form on the other side of the stage. “Maybe now he'll understand that she is your mate and that is a force not to be reckoned with.”
 
InuYasha stared at his brother for a moment before nodding, “are you okay?”
 
Sesshoumaru closed his eyes and turned from InuYasha, purposely ignoring the question. “I'll be outside if you need me. Keep that ookami in check.”
 
A deep sigh echoed from the pit and Kenchi stepped onto the stage, “InuYasha…Sesshoumaru…if you two are not part of the play, you cannot be here.”
 
InuYasha stared at the man and then flipped him off, “here's a present, Kenchi. Go fuck yourself. I'm anywhere Kagome is.”
 
Kenchi made the hand gesture of plucking the finger out of the air and putting it in his pocket before sneering, “now, Mr. Taisho, before I call Kaede and tell her that you are beating on students again.”
 
InuYasha shrugged, “he started again. I ain't letting some mangy wolf run his mouth to Kagome. Ain't happening!”
 
Kagome flushed red as she got to her feet and began the trek across stage, “InuYasha…”
 
InuYasha's head twisted from where he was to stare at Kagome not blinking. It was something in her voice that gave him the sensation that if it was in her will, he would be eating dust bunnies right now. He gulped and turned slowly to face her, “Kagome?”
 
Kagome put her hands to her hips as she stood in front of him. Her eyes were wide as she looked past him to the collapsed figure of Kouga then back at the offending hanyou. Everything had happened so fast that she didn't even see it. First she had been fuming over Kouga's accusations, and she turned to vent her frustrations about the male race to the only male of the group, who was inching away from her at the last moment, and then Kouga grew wings and few like he stood behind a jet engine from the back of the stage. Then entered her lover. `Damn, I swear, he's going to get himself in so much trouble! I mean…I can understand him being pissed but he already clocked Kouga once today, he's gonna get suspended if he keeps this up!' she leaned forward, as if to inspect InuYasha's face and frowned, “what did you do; ambush him?”
 
InuYasha's eyes widened as he shook off his shock and he leaned down to rest nose to nose with Kagome, “do you think me stupid Wench? I am not going to sit by and let him talk that shit to you about us! Would you rather me do so? Cause if you do, please…tell me now!”
 
Kagome scrunched up her nose as she pressed her face closer to his, “your overprotective streak is going to get you suspended. You need to leash that jealous monster in you Inu! I'm not going to leave you over stupid crap that the jerk says!”
 
InuYasha grinned wickedly as he smashed his mouth down over hers, numbing any words that might have followed what she had to say. He wrapped one arm around Kagome's waist and pulled her tighter into his body as he let his tongue slip into her mouth when she gasped. He let his right hand drift down to the small of her back as he deepened the kiss as far as he could, hell, he could just about inspect what she had for lunch at this distance. He brought his hands up to lace them through her silk like tresses as he caressed the side of her cheek with the pad of his thumb. The kiss lasted maybe all of thirty seconds but feeling like he stole the words from her mouth, he pulled back. He opened his eyes before she did hers and traced her swollen lips with his index finger. “Something to say, Princess? Did we not clear up this issue in the parking lot?”
 
Kagome's eyes snapped open to find the mirth and cocky attitude return with a full brunt force through his amber stare. She felt her breath hitch as she remembered the parking lot scene from earlier that day. She had thought he was going to verbally rip her a new one for her faulty memory…she hadn't considered other reactions he could have had. Sure, she partially expected him to knock out Kouga, but she figured that he owed it to the wolf demon for his try out song and his conduct towards her during that time. Just how Kouga ended up coupled with her was beyond her understanding but it happened and she would have to deal. But InuYasha hadn't been happy…in the least, and the scene in the parking lot had proved it.
 
 
Kagome hardly had time to register the fact that Kouga had the right side of his face punched in by a furious hanyou before she found herself pressed against Rin's Porsche with claws gently but demandingly biting into her biceps. Angry molten eyes locked onto hers and silently insisted on answers. He raised an eyebrow when the words `let go' were forming on her mouth. He released the strong hold on her arms yet kept her pinned to the car, his eyes never once blinking.
 
`Damn, he's pissed.' The tension in his body was welling with every passing second as his irritation grew rapidly in his amber orbs. `Shit…' Opening her mouth and closing it, Kagome offered the enraged demon with a shy smile and a slight shrug of the shoulders, “Guess I didn't tell you…huh? Uhh…I'm sorry?”
 
InuYasha looked as if he could take the car and throw it across the parking lot at that very minute. He blinked to try to keep his cool but what was just disclosed to him…what she just said hit him like a load of bricks. `She was keeping this from me? All along she knew she was paired with wolf shit in this fucking stupid play and got me to agree to let her pretend to be his girlfriend…let him kiss her in front…oh fuck no.' he snarled as he places his hands on either side of the car and brought his face down to hers. His voice was hostile, gruff…and sent chills down Kagome's spine. “What do you mean sorry?”
 
Kagome gulped as his warm breath tickled the hair on her neck. She felt as if she were being squeezed to death between him and the car. She let out a very shaky breath full of anxiety. What was he going to do? What would he say? “I'm…sorry. I just found out this morning, you have to believe me! I never wanted to keep it from you but this wasn't how I was planning on telling you!”
 
InuYasha slammed his palm against the car's passenger window, earning a yelp from the girl trapped in his grasp. “By what, fuckin' kissing him in front of the entire damned school? Ain't no way in hell I'm letting you…”
 
Kagome's eyes darkened as she met his glower. She was not about to let him start ordering her around. “You don't need to let me; I'm doing it! Deal with it, InuYasha!”
 
InuYasha looked as if she had smacked him in the face. He blinked a few times, then drew his eyebrows together as he spat back, “fucking deal with it you say? How Kagome? By watching you make out with that asshole whom, may I remind you, since day one has been trying to get down your pants?” it had been fair to say that InuYasha had never yelled at Kagome. He had raised his voice on occasion to the girl but this surpassed it. Now…now his voice escalated to a point where Kagome shifted in unease and cringed at how much the booming demand of his words hurt her ears. She was sure that even through the double plated glass of the classrooms, everyone could hear him. “What makes you think he'll be any different on stage, during practice, outside of practice? He can't fucking tell the difference between real life and his delusions! He's a freak, Kagome and you're about to walk right into his fucking little game!” he slammed his hand into the car again then sighed deeply, “I'm not going to let you put yourself into that situation.” It was obvious that his anger was beginning to melt into a puddle at his feet as he reached out gently to caress her cheek with two fingers.
 
Kagome was just heating up. “What the fuck do you mean not going to let me? Did I not just say that I don't care what you let me do? You're not my fucking father, InuYasha…you can't tell me what I can and cannot do!”
 
InuYasha's jaw dropped as he put his hands from the car to her shoulders. “You really did not just compare me to a parent, did you?”
 
Kagome stuck her chin out and tried to pull herself from his grasp, “let me go. I don't want to have these conversations with you anymore. You're such a jerk!”
 
InuYasha pushed Kagome back to the car and closed the distance. Catching her chin in his hand he stared down into her eyes. He seemed hesitant at first, as if he were looking for something, anything, to give him leeway to understand what she was thinking, and then his gaze hardened. He blinked once and brought his lips to brush over her cheek, “there is no way I'm just going to let you slip away from me to go to him, Kagome. I can't…I won't…you can't leave me.” He sighed again and blinked, the anger was replaced by an infinite sadness that Kagome saw for the first time. Like a window to his soul, the depth of this sadness was overwhelming. His eyes met hers and fear itself embodied his motions. He looked like a lost child, someone new in a land of strangers. He let out another ragged breath and shook his head slowly, words dying on his lips.
 
Kagome was about to snap back when his words registered in her brain. Immediately she looked up into his eyes and let off a soft mew. “InuYasha…” she reached out and wrapped her arms around his waist, pulling her head to his chest. “InuYasha, I told you I'd never leave you. How could you…why…” she sniffed once and closed her eyes, “just because I want to be in the play and another male is the lead doesn't mean I want to leave you! I'm with you because I love you! I join the play because I like to perform.”
 
InuYasha leaned down and brushed his lips over hers in a chaste kiss. Leaning his mouth against hers, he muttered, “Promise me you won't do it.”
 
Kagome gasped and pulled back, “InuYasha, I can't do that! I want to join the play! I swear to all that is holy that I will not leave you for Kouga…”
 
InuYasha's glower darkened as he glared daggers at the girl, “fuck Kouga! I don't want you on that set! I can't be there and I know only some of the boys who will be and they are all fucking delinquents who I wouldn't trust alone in a room with you. No way in hell!”
 
Kagome gawked at the hanyou before crossing her arms over her chest, “I'm joining the play.”
 
“The fuck you are!”
 
“I don't care what you say!”
 
“You'll care when I tie you down to the bed so you can't go to fucking school!”
 
An incredulous look passed under the dark blush that swept over her face, “InuYasha!”
 
“Fucking try me…then you'll see what punishment really is!” the waggle of the eyebrows without mirth did not help the situation.
 
Kagome swallowed down a large gulp, realizing that just about the entire junior body was watching their argument with peaked interest. “InuYasha…”
 
“Don't InuYasha me! No. Fucking. Way. Wolf shit would spend the entire time humping you like a fucking…well…filthy mongrel!”
 
Kagome blinked and sighed, “I wouldn't let him.”
 
Maybe it was the innocence that shined through her eyes…or the words that she spoke…or maybe it was just the fact that she thought she would have control of all situations. Whatever it was, InuYasha snapped. He stared at her for a moment then grabbed her hands. Her yelp evaded his ears as he forced her hands above her head and pinned them with one of his to the roof of the car. He pressed his free hand to her stomach under her shirt despite her attempts to worm away and forced his lips against hers in a brutal manner. Lasting only a minute, he let his hand drift from her stomach to trace the contour of her leg and inner thigh.
 
Kagome struggled against his hold, her eyes widening as he grabbed the inside of her thigh with enough force to push her legs apart and let him wedge a knee between them. She cried out, muffled by his mouth, begging him to stop. `What's going on…why is he doing this?' fear pulled at her as she felt his knee come to rest between her legs. When his eyes met hers, it wasn't what she expected. She expected the same sex-induced-`I want you now' molten gaze she always got from him. What she saw was a different story and it stopped her heart. In his golden hues were anger, concern, fear, worry and a hundred other emotions that made her feel faint. She stopped struggling against him as a tear slid down her cheek. She understood.
 
InuYasha carefully released her hands and backed off, his eyes never leaving hers. He didn't need to say anything else, his eyes told the story. `If it's that easy for me…think of what he could do to you.' InuYasha shook his head once and bent down to grab his book bag. When he stood up, his eyes locked onto the tear that dripped down her face. “Damnit…” he dropped the book bag and grabbed Kagome around the waist and pulled her into a tight hug. For what felt like hours they stood there, embracing each other, his gentle voice often soothing her with whispers of, “I love you so much Kagome, I don't want to see you hurt” or “baby, don't cry…”. The two stood there completely in their own world for that time. The world could have ended and yet for these two, it had just begun.
 
After what was about ten minutes, Kagome pulled away from the embrace and wrapped her arms around her body. Their audience had disappeared long before, disappointed that there hadn't been a show like there normally was. InuYasha reached out and brushed his hand over her cheeks and Kagome nuzzled into the touch. “I don't like Kouga, you know that right?”
 
InuYasha jumped at the sound of her voice and quickly nodded his head, “I know baby. But he likes you, and he's full demon. I don't fear Kouga at all, Kagome, but I know what Youkai can do.” he grimaced as his eyes hit the floor. `I know what I can do.'
 
Kagome, as if hearing his thoughts, grabbed his bicep and shot him a warm smile, “I know what you fear…but Kouga isn't like that.”
 
InuYasha frowned and couldn't meet her eyes, “neither am I…but I did it regardless. If he loses it, Kagome, who knows what can happen. If he decided fuck all, I might not be there to save you…and I can't let that happen. I won't let that happen.”
 
Kagome chewed on her bottom lip for a moment before shrugging, “so join with me. I mean, you can do back up chorus or something! It could be fun! Please baby!”
 
InuYasha took a step back, his eyes widening, “No, Princess, no way in hell! I told you, I don't sing!”
 
Kagome crossed her arms slowly, a playful smirk breaking across her face, “I beg to differ.”
 
InuYasha narrowed his eyes to slits as he picked up his bag again for the second time. “What do you mean?”
 
Kagome shrugged nonchalantly as she picked up her bag and set it over her shoulder. “A little birdie told me you have an amazing voice and are just to shy to let anyone know.”
 
InuYasha shifted nervously as he looked around the parking, as if it were some amazing secret that could change his life. He just about whispered, “Who told you that? If it was Bastard, I'll gut him!”
 
Kagome sighed and grabbed his hand, “come on, Romeo. Let's get back inside, I'm sure class will be starting soon.”
 
InuYasha shrugged and looked to where Kouga had been. The wolf was up and somewhere in the school…no doubt ratting on the pair and saying that InuYasha assaulted him. He paused mid step and sighed, running his hand through his hair. “I can't do it.”
 
Kagome paused and looked over her shoulder at him, curiosity brimming in her eyes, “do what?”
 
InuYasha sighed deep and put his hand to his forehead. “I can't let you be with him alone. I can't let you put your mouth on his! I can't…I just…can't…”
 
Kagome licked her lips and turned slowly, “I'm sorry you feel that way. You should have been here to try out.”
 
InuYasha scoffed, “fuck that shit! Kagome…” he grabbed her arm and looked her dead in the eyes, “I see how Rin looks at Sesshoumaru…I see how she fears him and I…I would kill myself if that were you! I couldn't take that; I don't know how he does! God knows if Kouga hurt you…if he touched you…I would destroy him! I don't know how Sesshoumaru holds himself back from going to that prison and painting the wall with Naraku's blood! Hell, I want to rip the bastards neck out for what he did…and what…” his anger faded as his eyes welled with a glassy reflection that Kagome mirrored in hers, “…and what he almost did to you.” he wrapped his arms around her and hugged her again.
 
Kagome closed her eyes and sighed heavily. The play meant so much to her…it was what she had waited for since middle school, praying that they would be able to perform her favorite musical. But suddenly it didn't matter. All that mattered was the man in her arms. Her voice was strong, stronger then she thought it to ever be, “if you don't…don't want me to be in the play, I'll hand down the lead. If you want me to, I will. It's about time I sacrifice something for you.”
 
InuYasha stared at her for a moment, as if contemplating if she were serious or not before sighing and rolling his eyes. “If you did, I would feel horrible; granted I would feel better but its something you want to do. I'm not leaving the general area though and I swear to god Kagome, you better scream if he steps one foot out of line! Scream like your life depends on it, cause I'll be there in a matter of seconds.”
 
Kagome nodded, a smile grazing her lips. “I love you InuYasha.”
 
InuYasha dropped his face to hers and captured her lips in an alluring kiss. “And I you, Koishii.” He pressed her backwards, once again shrugging off his backpack to corner her against Rin's car. He felt her go slack in his arms and he smiled. Like putty in his hands. He placed one hand on the small of her back and the other on the base of her neck. He deepened the kiss, pressing his mouth more feverously against hers, and then traced her lips with his tongue before dipping it into her mouth to taste her very essence. God he could drown in how she tasted. His free hand tilted her head to the right as his lips trailed hot kisses down the side of her neck, only to stop and nibble at her pulse as he passed by. He traced the thundering vein with his tongue before sucking greedily at it, sure that his efforts would tarnish the skin for a few days, yet neither seemed to care.. He let his other hand drift down her chest to rest on her right breast, which he began to caress through her shirt. Palming the mound, he brought his mouth to the front her throat while pushing her head back to rest against the car. Pressing himself against her, he smirked when her mouth fell open slightly as she felt just how much he wanted her at that moment. He rubbed his stiffened member clothed in jeans against her hip and growled lightly against her throat.
 
Kagome gasped as he slowly undid two buttons at the top of her shirt. She could feel the rush of red taint her cheeks as she glanced about the parking lot, not moving her head. Her voice came in deep, lust-filled pants as she breathed out, “Inu…if we're caught…”
 
InuYasha growled again and pulled his head away from his ministrations on her neck to give her one of the cockiest smiles she had yet to see out of him, “…then let them watch.”
 
The desire that was carved into her hanyou's eyes was enough to make his words inaudible. All she saw was the molten amber that burned into her eyes, and the depths in which his actions traveled. This wasn't about a quick bang in the parking lot; it was about them…about their love. Kagome's mouth fell open to try to retort but she could feel heat pooling between her legs, her thighs beginning to become damn from her want for him. `Damn…how does he turn me on like this? How does he make the important things seem…miniscule?'
 
InuYasha grabbed Kagome around the waist and lifted her off the ground. She immediately locked her legs around his waist, allowing each other to feel the burning desire they barely kept restrained. He pushed her hair from their faces and pushed his lips against hers. “I want you, now,” he muttered against the warm moist appendages before devouring them in a bruising kiss. He reached under the hem of her skirt and worked a finger under the elastic sides of her underwear. He pushed the pad of the digit against the small nub that controlled her passion with a satisfied smirk. Kagome arched her back against him and moaned heavily before resting her forehead on his shoulder, trying to control the sudden shudders that were raking her body. She knew she wouldn't last long through what he was doing, and a small part of her worried about just what he was planning. He smiled and slipped the finger down and up into her wet opening, slowly creating a rhythm against her. Her hands flew to his chest as she grabbed onto his shirt and let out a deep sigh. She grinded her hips against his finger as he started to slide it in and out of her, her body building a tempo to his thrusts. She could feel the familiar tightening of muscles clamping down through her abdomen as she threw her head back and rode the pleasure he was giving her body. She grunted as he pressed her against the car and balanced her weight to rest on his hips. Kagome felt his free hand begin tugging at his zipper and she grabbed onto his shoulders to hold herself closer. Despite the red stain on her cheeks, she wanted it as bad as he did. Both had worked themselves into a panting frenzy, as he finally was able to pull his zipper loose. He offered her a slight smile before bringing his hand up to rest it on her ass.
 
But as the two had always come to find out, Murphy's Law still balanced out the universe. A deep cough echoed from behind the two and made them jump nearly a foot high, as both had nearly forgotten where they were and the risk they were taking. InuYasha set Kagome to the ground with record time, pulling his hand away from her and pulling up his zipper before glaring over his left shoulder. What he was nearly boiled the hanyou's blood. “Of all the fucking…what the fuck? Are you here just to make my life hell? Do you follow me around and wait for the perfect fucking time to interrupt?” InuYasha turned away from Kagome and stormed up to the smirking Inu-Youkai. “Are you real? I mean…are you sure that you aren't some manifestation of the fucking Kami's, come down to earth to ruin my fucking life? Cause you sure as hell seem to be one!” InuYasha growled and stormed back to the car and snatched his book bag off the ground with near animosity towards the inanimate object. Swirling around, he caught Kagome's hand in his and breezed past his uncle. Stopping a foot away, InuYasha sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He turned and stared at the demon, “just how long were you standing there?”
 
Ryen stood up from where he leaned against the tree and looked at his watch. “Maybe thirty seconds, but I'll tell you kid, you really don't have any class.” He looked around then at the furious hanyou who was fighting back the blush on his cheeks with every bone in him. “A parking lot, Yash? Come on…”
 
InuYasha's mouth opened then he closed it. “What the fuck do you want? I mean…really…are you here to make my life hell? Cause if you are, you're a couple years to late!”
 
Ryen shrugged and made a face, “I'm not here to do that, pup…”
 
InuYasha growled and let go of Kagome's hand and stalked towards the demon, “then what? Come here to make sure I don't fuck her in the parking lot? Do you have like a sex-radar in that car of yours? Tells you just when to walk in on people to make it the most awkward time?”
 
Ryen blinked a few times then shifted uncomfortably and scratched behind his neck and cleared his throat, “It…err…seemed to me that you two were just…into the moment…not…well…doing the deed.” He shook his head slowly, “you really are a dog, aren't you Yash?”
 
InuYasha's jaw fell open as he turned to look from where Ryen stood towards the parking lot. In an explosion of hot blush, he realized that Ryen would not have been able to see anything more then the two making out from where he stood. InuYasha gawked for a moment before forcing out a grunt, “we weren't…that is…aw, shit…”
 
Ryen shook his head and clicked his tongue; “you really should put a leash on your mouth…and other body parts…” he sighed and shook his head, “go to class, delinquent.”
 
InuYasha would have argued if Kagome didn't cough at that very moment. He sighed apologetically at the dark crimson that covered her face. “We're…that is…uhh…” he blinked once and shook his head, “so if you're not here to make my life hell, why are you here?”
 
Ryen smiled and nodded towards the office doors, “to see an old friend.” The smile faded from his lips as a stoic nature took over, his gaze mimicking Sesshoumaru's. “ Now I'm serious, get to class before I arrest you for indecent exposure on school grounds.”
 
InuYasha growled and stalked back to Kagome. Grabbing her hand, he pulled her into the school muttering all sorts of obstinacies under his breath.
 
 
Kagome let the breath out in a deep whoosh of air and blushed crimson while looking down at her feet. She felt arms encase her and she draped her head onto his chest trying to hide from the world in his arms. Sure, no one had commented like they had after the last escapade in the stairwell but she knew that the rumors were spreading. The incredulous look that Sango gave her in math spelled it out for her; people knew that they had once again nearly rutted like animals in public. Sango later confirmed this fear by cornering her at lunch and demanding answers. InuYasha all to willingly saved her from the situation and told Sango what she wanted…or did not want…to hear. Kagome sighed and pulled back from InuYasha and kissed his cheek. Ignoring the fact that InuYasha was nearly gloating in his vanquish of the wolf demon, Kagome decided to feign innocence. “What are you doing here?”
 
InuYasha tapped the end of her nose with a claw then turned slowly and pointed at Kouga, who was sitting down now in one of the chairs with Kenchi buzzing over him like a worried parent. “Making sure that fool doesn't run his mouth to you…or for that matter touch you. I'm glad I was soon enough to take him out on the first account…”
 
Kagome made a face and sighed again. “I'm fine. Maybe, if you joined the play, you wouldn't…”
 
InuYasha's glower shut her up. He stared down at her for a long moment then sighed again, “you know I don't sing. How many times am I going to have to state this?”
 
Kagome shoved her hands onto her hips and pouted, “I know you can! You sang to me that day that I was sick!”
 
InuYasha's mouth fell open and he stammered over words, “I…I didn't…I…”
 
Miroku appeared almost like magic by the flustered hanyou's side and draped his arm over his friend's shoulders, “my, InuYasha, that is a great impression of a fish! And how accurately portrayed.” He batted his eyes at the hanyou and grinned like the Cheshire cat, “InuYasha…I never knew you were the sentimental type. Singing to Kagome while she's sick…that's cute, really.”
 
Rin stood from her spot and sauntered over to the group. Leaning against Kagome, she stared at the hanyou and smirked, “for a guy who doesn't give a damn about fucking in public, you really get all uncomfortable when someone makes you look like the good guy. Why is that?”
 
InuYasha shook his head, as if waking up from a dream and shrugged off Miroku's arm. He threw the boy a pointed scowl and turned to Rin, “I have a reputation to uphold. What kind of bad ass sings in a school play? Come on!”
 
Kagome let her lips fall into a thin line to keep from laughing while Rin looked to the floor. Miroku wasn't as discrete about it. The boy laughed loudly and slapped InuYasha on the back, “if you didn't notice, you lost that title a while ago! Bad ass…that's great! You haven't been a `bad ass' since you let Kagome take control of you by your balls.”
 
InuYasha turned once and playfully socked the boy in the shoulder. “Look, I don't give a damn about the title but I ain't gonna turn into a pris. You, Miroku, already have proven that you don't have a pair…”
 
The laughter died on Miroku's face as he coughed once and put a hand in front of his mouth, trying to hide the flush to his cheeks as the spotlight shifted and faked a cough, “If you wish for some type of `proof' as to my `pair' then you can ask Sango. I'm sure she'll tell you more then you want to hear!”
 
InuYasha rolled his eyes, “whatever letch! I'm not the one signing up to wear tights!”
 
Miroku's face dropped as he swung around to face the giggling girls, “tell me he's joking! I'm not gonna be…”
 
Kagome and Rin both nearly snorted with the laughter that burst from them and cried out in unison, “he's joking!”
 
Miroku turned back to the hanyou with a satisfied smile, “try again!”
 
InuYasha shrugged nonchalantly and scoffed, “sure, it's all shits and giggles now. Then the next thing you know, bam; you're in tights and quoting Shakespeare!”
 
Kagome bit her lip hard enough to nearly draw blood before asking in her last ounce of control, “is that why you won't consider it? Is that what happened to you?”
 
Rin nodded, giggling hysterically, “You do know a lot of Shakespeare!” she turned her head then elbowed Kagome with a wolfish smile on her face. She waggled her eye brows then giggled, “not that it wouldn't be a bad look for him…”
 
Kagome blushed and pushed Rin's shoulders then did her best impression of a tomato, “Rin…stop…that's…that's…” she coughed and looked away. `So true…'
 
InuYasha's eyes darkened, as he all but roared while ignoring the girls, “no I just know better! Shit, you think I would do that? I know Shakespeare for the simple fact that my brother is a fucking bastard!”
 
Rin's mirth vanished almost immediately and was replaced by a sneer. She huffed once and turned her back to sit back down where she had dumped her book bag. She shot InuYasha a dark glower then plopped down onto the floor. Kagome smiled and shook her head then pointed to the door; “if you aren't going to play along, then go play by yourself.”
 
InuYasha licked his lips and wrapped an arm around her waist. Pulling her into his chest, he nipped at the side of her neck then whispered huskily, “I'd rather play with you.”
 
Kagome blushed crimson and shoved herself away from him. With a uncomfortable smile, she shook her head slowly, “InuYasha….”
 
InuYasha scoffed and threw up his hands, “fucking fine then! I'll leave. Damn. I try to save your ass and what do I get in return?” he mocked a high-pitched voice and rolled his eyes, “leave InuYasha…wear tights InuYasha…”
 
Kagome's jaw dropped as she nearly screamed back, “you're such a jerk!”
 
InuYasha shrugged and grabbed his book bag. Making sure that nearly everyone in the auditorium heard him as he stormed towards the door, he shouted back, “yeah, yeah…but don't forget that every night it's this jerk's name your screaming.”
 
Kagome's eyes widened in shock then she dropped down next to Rin and buried her head in her hands with a defeated groan. `Great, more crap for the rumor mills.'
 
InuYasha offered her a brief wink before leaving the room, letting the door crack closed marking his exit.
 
It took about ten minutes for Kagome to be willing to function. By time she looked up, both Kouga and Kenchi were standing above her. She looked up at both faces then offered an apologetic grin, “I'm sorry he's such…”
 
Kouga reached down and grabbed Kagome's hands. He helped her to her feet and then held onto them for a moment longer. “Don't you dare apologize for that mutt's behavior. It's just proof of what I was trying to warn you about.”
 
Kagome sighed deeply, shaking her head slowly. She plastered a fake laugh and equally fake smile onto her face while looking back at Rin. Rin simply shook her head. `Doesn't he ever learn?' with a sigh, Kagome regarded Kenchi. “I can try to keep him at bay during practice…”
 
Kenchi nodded sternly, “look…I understand he's trying to protect you and that's noble, but he can't interrupt the play. I don't care what happens outside of this room, when you are here so is your full attention, Kagome. He has to understand that. I don't mind if he sits in here with you…”
 
Kagome beamed and Kouga looked rather crestfallen. The wolf's mouth dropped in an incredulous O shape as he bellowed, “What do you mean, he can sit in?”
 
Kenchi offered Kouga a wave of his hand. “But you cannot let him beat on Kouga the entire time. And…and he has to be civil. I ask you…please…keep it down to pg-13!”
 
Kagome nodded slowly and smiled at Kouga, “if you keep your mouth shut around him, we'll all be okay.” She turned her attention to Kenchi, “hai, Kenchi-sama. I'll be sure that he does.”
 
Kouga shook his head reluctantly, “he'll flip out if I so much as touch you…how are we supposed to rehearse love scenes?”
 
Rin and Kagome both questioned, “what love scenes?” Kagome's eyes flashed burning worry as she stared at Rin. her eyes widened as she mouthed, `What in the Kami's name was he talking about?'
 
Kenchi coughed once and shook his head, answering the girl's questions. “There are no…love scenes. Don't mistake the movie and the play, Kouga. And even in the movie…the most Danny did was grope Sandy…nothing more then Miroku does on a daily basis.”
 
Miroku, who was reading his history textbook glared up and then sighed dejectedly, “I'm so misunderstood…it's just not fair.”
 
Rin sat back and sighed loudly, deciding enough was enough with the trivial bullshit. “So…is everyone here?”
 
Kenchi shot a glance at the young girl and then nodded. “Okay, I want to just pass out music to the main parts. I want my lead characters with their understudies on the right side of the stage and the rest on the left.”
 
Kagome sat down next to Rin as the crowd separated. She sighed once more and rested her head on Rin's shoulder, “what am I going to do, Rin? You know InuYasha is just looking for reasons to beat on Kouga!”
 
Rin stared at the wolf that was currently talking to Miroku's understudy. She rolled her and huffed, “you should let him! I mean, Kouga is asking for it. What he said was really mean, Kagome!” she stared at Kouga for a moment before pushing Kagome's head off her shoulder. She stuck out her chin and stood up. “Come on…you aren't going to take that shit and neither am I! I don't care that he stood up for me in science; what he said is really out of line. You are no one's trash and I think he needs to really eat those words!”
 
Kagome's mouth fell open as she stammered across words, “Rin…just let it…I mean, I think Yash got him good enough…Rin!” Kagome stood to catch up to her friend. A part of Kagome was sure that Rin was just swinging off another mood swing from the medicine but something else inside of her knew that Rin was looking for an object to vent on. Suddenly, Kagome was nearly positive that InuYasha's punishment to Kouga wouldn't come near Rin's. Rin was livid. Kagome caught up to the girl as Rin pushed her way in-between the two men to jab a finger into Kouga's chest. Kagome fought the urge to hold her ears as Rin nearly exploded.
 
“You have some fucking nerve, you know that Kouga! You talk all that shit about Kagome then suddenly you go back to wanting her in your bed? What the hell? You are all about wanting down her pants, aren't you? You know, you say you're so much better then InuYasha when you're nothing like him at all! You're so much worse! All you want is a quick fuck! Talking about the three F's, that is all you want! And it burns you to know that it's InuYasha she's fucking, not you!”
 
Kagome winced and began to chew on her bottom lip. `Thanks, Rin…that's just great…' Kagome spared a glance at Miroku, who had stopped reading and was watching the transgression closely, the palms of his hands resting on the floor to fling himself into the fight if need be. Kagome nodded slowly, `Sesshoumaru must have told Miroku to watch over Rin…that's why he's been by our side the whole time.'
 
Miroku's understudy, Gojyo, watched Rin for a few moments with a smirk on his face. His red eyes shined with mirth as he leaned down and placed a hand on her shoulder, “calm down there, missy. There ain't no use in blowing smoke up the ookami's ass. You might as well be banging your head against a wall. Now why don't you calm down; red and anger don't agree with that beautiful face of yours.”
 
Rin shrugged off his hand and kept blasting the wolf, flipping Gojyo off in the process. “You're pathetic Kouga, and it's really sad that I dated you for as long as I did! I mean, shit Kouga, you were probably the crappiest boyfriend ever! You wanted my best friend, you dragged me along to get closer to her, you had no idea I was being abused by my boss! Shit, you should dye your hair blonde and call it a fucking moment! You're pathetic and a waste of breath!”
 
Kouga's eyes tinged red as he leaned down to meet Rin face to face, “calm the fuck down Rin before I put you in your place!”
 
Miroku placed down his book and was on his feet in a second, striding towards the argument. `Kouga's asking for three beat downs in one day and a shallow grave. If he keeps this up…' Miroku grimaced as he began to push his way through the crowd that had gathered around the three. `And it will be an early funeral if Sesshoumaru gets wind of this!'
 
Rin sneered right back at Kouga and seethed, “I would love to see you try! Go ahead and touch me; Sesshoumaru will be all over you like white on rice!”
 
Kouga laughed once, “Funny that you have all these big words but nothing to back them up by, besides for hiding behind your boyfriends back. And from what I hear, you two aren't that close anyway! Heard he can't get it up…or that you don't want it. Either way, your relationship sounds trivial.”
 
Before Miroku could intervene, Gojyo put his foot between the two and pushed his way into the middle of the fight. Putting one hand on Kouga's chest, he pushed the wolf demon back, “that's enough.” His red hair cluttered at his shoulders as his red eyes narrowed. “I've heard enough out of you, you jackass!” he turned in time to side step Rin who swung one booted foot at Kouga's crotch. It connected with a sickening thud as the wolf's eyes bugged out. A small pain filled grunt escaped his lips as he fell to his knees. Gojyo watched with amusement then moved himself to block Rin from attacking the fallen man any further. “Calm down, sweetheart! Don't get your panties in a knot…”
 
Rin shoved at Gojyo's side and just about screamed, “let me at him! Move out of the way, letch, I'll rip this guy apart!” she pointed down towards where Kouga was curled on the floor and laughed spitefully, “it's what you get Kouga!”
 
Miroku reached around from the side and pulled Rin away from the Youkai and moved back a few steps. He turned her around and stared down at her for a long moment. “Rin…snap out of it!”
 
Rin blinked once then again, as if waking up from a dream. The anger that was in her gray eyes melted as a clouded emotion passed over her. Slowly, she looked around the room then back at Miroku as if seeing everything for the first time. She turned to look over her shoulder at Kouga, who had one hand over his face, and was breathing hard, trying to gain control of his temper as well as his pain. She felt tears well in her eyes as she slowly dropped to sit on the stage floor. “What…what just happened?”
 
Kagome was by her side as soon as she could push her way out of the crowd. She kneeled down next to Rin and wrapped her arms around her friend. “You lost it…are you okay?”
 
Rin nodded slowly, her body beginning to shake. She clamped her eyes closed and crossed her arms across her stomach. “Oh god…I didn't mean…I didn't want to snap like that. I don't know why I did…” she covered her mouth as she peaked around Kagome to stare at Kouga, “did I really just kick him in the gonads?”
 
Kagome turned to glower at Kouga, who was sitting on the end of the stage looking off into the back of the room trying to shrug off the sudden attention and sighed. She turned back to Rin and hugged her closer, “it's okay, just relax. He's a jerk anyway and he deserved it. At least now he knows his place with you!”
 
Rin sniffled once and nodded meekly, “I want to go home. I…I just want to go home.”
 
Miroku seemed to be busy staring behind the two towards upstage nodding often then shaking his head. After a while, he sighed and knelt down next to Rin cautiously. The last thing he needed was to strike her temper. “Sesshoumaru wants me to tell you it's time to go home. He says you have a doctors appointment tonight at 6 and you have to get going to it.”
 
Rin's mouth dropped open as she quickly yanked up her sleeve to glare at her watch. “Shit, I do. It's nearly 5:30. I got to go…I…I…” she blanched and looked at Kagome slowly. She felt her lips drop into a dark frown as she stared hard at a spot on the floor as she quietly sighed, “I guess I'll meet you and the girls up at 7:30. The sessions normally take forty five minutes.” There was nothing in her voice that proclaimed any excitement in the session. Fact being, she didn't want to go. But she had to…everyone wanted to see her better, she wanted to be better and if this was the way to do it, then so be it. Maybe Yamaoto could help.
 
Kagome nodded slowly, her eyes burying into Rin's as if reading her fears, “are you going to be okay? Do you want me to go with you?”
 
Rin shook her head slowly, her eyes never leaving the ground, “no, I'll be okay. Sessh will be there if anything…” Rin sighed and worked her way to her feet. She stared at Kouga's back then sighed louder, “should I apologize?”
 
Miroku shook his head no as he latched onto her elbow. “Don't waste your breath! It's like you said, he deserved it!”
 
Rin frowned but didn't argue. Instead she gave a meek wave to Kagome and followed Miroku towards the stage door. Kagome watched the two leave before letting out a breath she didn't know she was holding. A part of her had been ready for Rin to have another break down. She could see the frustration on Rin's face and she knew Rin didn't want to go to the doctor. She knew from day one that Rin was going to hate it, but it was supposed to help her, wasn't it? `She was hurting before but was okay. When she started seeing Yamaoto, things got messy…it's like she can't be by Sesshoumaru for more then a moment. She has mood swings and…and it just doesn't seem to be worth it.' she swallowed hard before taking a piece of sheet music that was being waved in her face. She collected Rin's for her as well while deep in thought. `I really hope that Yamaoto can help her. Rin seems so lost and it's killing her. She loves Sesshoumaru and I think if she can't be with him, she'll go crazy. He's been the best thing to ever happen to her!' she stood slowly as Kenchi's voice broke through the pointless banter that filled the room.
 
“Practices will be everyday after school, starting Monday, from three until six. Be ready to sing every day. My leads, you will all stay after until seven on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. This all starts Monday; remember that you all need to be here. Two unexcused absences and you forfeit your spot! You are all dismissed.”
 
Kagome sighed and shoved her book bag onto her shoulders. `Two practices huh? Damn…I've missed more school then that in this week alone! This is going to be hard!' She reached down to grab her book bag and froze. `Shit, my books!' she had left her books inside of the chorus room while she was cheering. `I need to study on the bus to Kyoto!' she groaned and watched all the kids take exit out of the side door leading to the parking lot. `great, this is gonna take some time!' she groaned and walked towards the far exit.
 
Kenchi turned and yelled to Kagome who was going the wrong way, “Higurashi, the exit is over here! The schools closed!”
 
Kagome turned and kept walking while facing Kenchi, “I have to get my books. Is the chorus room open? I'll be real fast!”
 
Kenchi snapped his fingers and nodded, “Yes, I forgot to close the door. Will you get that for me on your way out? And make it fast. I don't have to lock up but make sure you out this way!”
 
Kagome smiled and waved, “sure, have a good day, Kenchi-sama!”
 
Kenchi nodded his head and continued gathering his books. She smiled once and reached the back door. Walking out the backdoor of the auditorium, a hand wrapped around hers and yanked her hard to the right, into the dark hallway of the school. Kagome's breath hitched in her throat. She felt a shot of pure panic strike through her blood as her back was pressed up against a wall. `Oh shit…oh shit! I'm alone in the school with…with…' she gulped and shoved forward with her body, trying to throw whoever was stupid enough to grab her, off weight. If she had one moment, she could scream for InuYasha and get help. “Let me go!”
 
A deep chuckle that she knew all to well was her response. Though her shoulders relaxed, her anxiety didn't. Her heart was still racing a thousand miles per hour. “You shouldn't walk around in a dark school by yourself, Princess…you might bet lost, or you might end up in a situation like this. Either way, you're gonna be fucked.”
 
Kagome felt her lips curl into a smirk as hands found their way to her hips. She caught the double meaning and when a stray ray of light hit the eyes of her attacker, she could see the lust that the connotation of his words held. “Oh, am I? Who might be loose in the school looking for me? The boogeyman?”
 
Claws roughly latched onto her fragile skin as lips assaulted her neck. She pressed her cheek to her right shoulder as fangs grazed over her neck. She moaned loudly then gasped as wet pressure traced her jugular. She let out a rasp breath and inhaled just as ruggedly. The voice merely grew in its cocky tone, “how about things that go bump in the night.”
 
Kagome gasped as she felt her skirt ride up on her hips, unsure of just when she had been lifted from the floor to be pinned against the wall. Her legs instantly wrapped around the waist of her `attacker' as she let her lips trail down the side of his face, “and what goes bump in the night?” she gasped as his hands slipped under her shirt and massaged her back shoulders before raking down the perfect skin, leaving a trail of red welts in the path.
 
A laugh that sent shivers up her back was her response. “Demons.” Her hair was standing on end as she felt finger brush over her core, then slide into her slick folds. She groaned and breathed out, “When did I lose my…” she shut her mouth as a mouth crashed over hers. She was getting the picture real fast. His game. This was by his rules, not hers he apparently didn't want her talking. Swallowing hard, she nodded slowly as his lips left hers wanting more. She licked her swollen lips, bruised from the searing kiss he had planted on her moments before.
 
Another chuckle assaulted her ears. “You didn't, they were in the way.” a short gasp was all he was waiting for. Pushing his tongue into her mouth, he drank from her soul. The fingers were gone from inside of her and for a moment, she cried out. The pleasure of being filled was something she was getting used to, and felt like a whore for loving. But she felt so alone, so empty when he wasn't with her, when he wasn't in her. His hands fumbled with his pants and within moments, he freed his erection.
 
Kagome threw her head back and bit down on her lip as he thrust into her with one solid thrust. She let him set the tempo then rode the waves of passion in her high school hallway. `Damn, I take it back. He really is bad ass…' She blanched as the situation hit her. `He's having sex with me in the hallway of our school. He's actually…I am…oh shit!'
 
InuYasha sped up his thrusts as he felt Kagome's walls begin to tighten around his shaft. He leaned forward and brought his lips to her ear. Biting on her lower cartilage, he growled out in a primordial fashion, “if I had told you a month ago I'd fuck you in this very spot, you would have slapped me stupid. Now you're taking it like a good bitch…my bitch!”
 
Kagome threw her head back as his fingers grazed over her hardened nipples under her shirt. The words he spoke hardly registered in her mind and she didn't have half the energy to be cross with him. Though she wouldn't admit it, his words actually turned her on more. She let her nails dig into his shoulders and tightened her legs around his waist as she began grinding herself against him. Her need was growing into an insatiable fire in her belly and she needed release. Her clit grazed over the top of his jeans that he had left intact and she moaned loudly. “Inu…” he pounded once into her, hitting her back wall at full thrust and she threw her head forward, burying it into his shoulder to try to contain her scream. It shut her up, that was for sure.
 
InuYasha grunted with each thrust, his balls beginning to hurt from being restrained by his denim jeans. He could feel his orgasm building and knew he was about to release into her. Pushing her against the wall and pinning her there, one of his hands bracing her under her arms, the other wrapped around her right hip and gripping her ass, he began to pound harder into her, her back lifting and the slamming into the wall with each thrust. He brought his lips back to her ear, his orgasm reaching its peak, “cum for me, Kagome…”
 
Kagome threw her head back as she silently rode out both of their orgasms; her eyes clenched shut as she groaned with her release. And as fast as it had happened, it was over. She felt herself being deposited back onto her feet and heard a zipper being closed. She unconsciously soothed out her skirt then tried to take a step. She didn't consider the `weak in the knees' syndrome. She stumbled once, like a fawn learning how to walk, and grabbed onto InuYasha's shoulders. Her breath was staggered, stammering as she tried to form words. She felt like an idiot, like a virgin being taken for the first time. For a moment, it hurt to walk.
 
InuYasha glanced down at Kagome, his amber eyes lighting up the hallway and smiled a set of pearly white teeth at her. “What's the matter baby, is InuYasha to much for you?”
 
Kagome used his arm to balance herself out and then flipped her hair over her right shoulder. She batted her eyes at him and turned to walk towards the exit, “as if.” She laughed when she heard his scoff. She went to move then paused mid step. Turning slowly to look at him, her eyes widened; “did you just talk about yourself in third person?”
 
~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Okay, nearly road trip time!!! WoOt for trips, and some lighter sides of the story!!