InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ The Curse of the Dragon ( Chapter 82 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Curse of the Dragon ~<>~
 
~<>~ Chapter 82 ~<>~ The Curse of the Dragon
 
Kagome stared out of the bay window of the mansion, her knees crunched against her chest and her chin cradling on her uplifted peaks. She jumped as lightning flashed in the distance and wrapped her arms around her legs, shivering slightly. `Gods I hate storms. Isn't it to late into the winter for thunderstorms? It's January for Kami's sake!' She relaxed slightly as warm arms wrapped around her torso, the palms of his hands on hers. She felt his body slide up behind her and his chin come to a rest on her shoulder. For a long time they sat silently, simply watching the storm pass by. Every time she jumped at the cracks of thunder or the bolts of lightning, he was there to hold her a little tighter, his unvoiced presence larger then any words could magnify. She closed her eyes, allowing herself to become enraptured in his warmth.
 
“Looks like it's almost past.”
 
Kagome slowly opened her eyes and regarded the amber ones that peered over her shoulder into the morning sky. She brought her arm up slowly and wrapped it backwards around his shoulders for a halfhearted hug. She sighed and pressed her temple against his. “I hate storms.”
 
InuYasha brought his hand up and brushed some hair out of her face. “Any idea why? It's just noise, Kag…it can't hurt you. …Not that I'd let it…”
 
Kagome nodded sadly. “I guess…I don't know. My father died during a thunderstorm. That's what woke me up that night…a really loud clap of thunder. When I rolled over, my mom was in my doorway watching me sleep with tears pouring down her cheeks. Ever since then, I just don't sleep well during them.”
 
InuYasha kissed her forehead and held her tighter. “I understand.” A comfortable silence ensued.
 
Kagome sighed and pulled herself from his grasp to turn around to face the others. Sesshoumaru had Rin draped across his chest on the couch, Rin seemed to be in a light doze and Sesshoumaru was idly wrapping strands of her black hair around his finger. Sango and Miroku were sitting on the floor watching TV, Sango resting between Miroku's legs and her head against his chest. Bankotsu was lying on the floor, staring at the ceiling nearly dead to the world. Kagome leaned forward and gave InuYasha a quick peck on the lips then regarded the rest of the tachi. ”Well…the sun is starting to come out…I guess we should get going. Can't be late or Kenchi will hurt us!”
 
Rin lifted her head slowly, groggily and then rubbed her eyes. “Is it really?” She glanced down at Sesshoumaru and blushed; a glowing aura seemed to nearly explode from the girl as she buried her face in his shirt. A smile grew on her lips as she stared unabashed at the man under her.
 
InuYasha lifted an eyebrow and stared at the girl for a long moment before turning his gaze to his brother. “Care to tell us what that's all about? She's all…stary eyed and shit.”
 
Sesshoumaru never batted an eye. “None of your business, baka.”
 
Bankotsu lifted his head for a moment to throw his friend a lecherous grin that caught Miroku's attention. “Oh, you know what that's all about InuYasha. I think half of Tokyo knows what that's about. I guarantee your neighbors do.” Bankotsu slapped his hand against the wooden floor hard twice, then mocked a high-pitched moan and squeaked, “Oh Sesshy…harder!”
 
Sango nearly jumped to her feet as her eyes turned on the crimson girl. “Are you serious? Did you two…finally?”
 
Bankotsu's smile fell like bricks from the sky as he turned to stare at Sango. “No bitch, I was referring to me and Sesshoumaru last night. …It was good.” He shook his head and waved a hand, “What the fuck?”
 
Sesshoumaru cracked open one eye and growled, “This Sesshoumaru would sooner put his hand in a meat grinder then touch your person, Bankotsu. I do not believe that our sex life is on display here. If you wish to speak of such things that do not include myself or my mate, do it out of our company.”
 
Miroku pointed his index finger towards the ceiling and closed his eyes, “so you admit that you do have a sex life?”
 
Kagome turned and eyed InuYasha. “Are you guys just kidding?”
 
InuYasha rolled his eyes and scoffed, “Keh! If you don't believe me, ask Rin herself. The color on her face though should give her away though.”
 
Kagome whirled around and smiled at the couple, “So it's true then?”
 
Rin lifted her face and glanced to Sesshoumaru. “Should we tell them?”
 
Sesshoumaru met Rin's gaze and held it in his before sighing and waving his hand. “Do as you wish, koi. They will figure it out sooner or later.”
 
Rin squealed and turned to stare at Kagome and Sango. “Well…yes, it's true…but that's not all.”
 
Bankotsu lifted his head and warned with an all to serious demeanor, “I swear if you say that you're pregnant I'm going to retch!”
 
Rin reached out and swatted at the boy, missing by a mile. She laughed anyway as Bankotsu across the floor and away from Sesshoumaru's reach. Returning her attention to the matter at hand, she smiled softly and licked her lips. “Me and Sessh…well…that is, Sessh asked me to marry him.” she slapped her hands to her mouth to contain the giddy giggle that burst forth.
 
Sango's jaw hit the floor and Kagome clapped her hands together. InuYasha smiled and yet still managed to lower his ears to his head to filter out the noise, Miroku laughed and Bankotsu groaned, the glimmer or a smile still surfacing regardless. Rin climbed off Sesshoumaru and instantly was embraced by Sango and Kagome. Kagome grabbed Rin's hand to examine the three-carat ring she had completely missed all morning. Both girls' eyes shined nearly as bright as the diamond, yet nothing could compare to Rin's smile.
 
Miroku ran a hand over his face and patted Sesshoumaru's shoulder. “Congrats dude…but you really just upped the game.”
 
InuYasha thwaped Sesshoumaru on the back once and ducked with the Youkai playfully took a swing at him. “Upped the game, Miro? No, he just created a new one. Did you see the size of that rock?”
 
Bankotsu wiped a non-existent tear from his eyes and cooed, “Oh, Yash…our Sesshiles is all grown up.” he raised an eyebrow and pressed his hands to his hips, “are we going to have to have that talk now about the birds and the bees?”
 
Sesshoumaru growled at the boy then turned towards his brother. He shrugged and ran a hand through his hair. “By Youkai customs, we're already matted…so I figured to do her right in her custom.”
 
Rin turned from her sandwich between the two girls and narrowed her eyes. Her tone was teasing; “that better not be the only reason you're marrying me, Sesshoumaru Taisho!”
 
Sesshoumaru blinked twice then matched her glower. “Rin.”
 
Rin's frown broke as she laughed then launched herself at the demon that had just stood from the couch. Knocking them both back, she straddled his lap and crashed her lips against his.
 
Bankotsu crossed his arms and laughed, “Get a room you two!”
 
InuYasha glanced at Bankotsu, “that's what they did last night…and didn't shut up until like what, four am?”
 
Kagome turned and slapped InuYasha's chest lightly. “Shush, you! Let the couple bask, they deserve it!”
 
Miroku pulled Sango back into his arms and kissed the side of her neck. “So…marriage huh?” His and Sango's gaze locked and after an awkward moment, they started to laugh. “Yeah, not yet!”
 
InuYasha smirked and hugged Kagome to his chest. “What do you think, Princess?”
 
Kagome beamed at her boyfriend then towards her engaged friends. “I think it's wonderful! I'm so happy for you two!”
 
Sango nodded, “here, here!”
 
Rin giggled like a child and hugged Sesshoumaru.
 
Ryen stuck his head into the room from the kitchen, his eyes narrowed. “Happy for whom?”
 
Sesshoumaru turned to stare at his uncle then looked down at Rin. “Should I clue him in?”
 
Rin turned and bounded from Sesshoumaru's arm and jumped into Ryen's. Ryen caught the girl, looking completely confused and spun her around once before depositing her back on the floor. He glanced over her head and mouthed, “what the hell?” at InuYasha.
 
Rin grabbed Ryen's hand and opened up her mouth.
 
Ryen paused her, his eyes widening as he grabbed her left hand and turned it to examine the ring in the light. “Damn…that's a fucking stone!” he glanced around the corner at his nephew and shot him an accusing look. “Who did you have to rob to get this?”
 
Sesshoumaru shrugged and leaned back against the couch. “Just your wallet.”
 
Ryen started to laugh then stared dubiously at the boy. “That better be a sick joke!”
 
Sesshoumaru rolled his eyes then grabbed Rin as she flew back into his arms. Holding her against him, he dropped them back to sit on the couch.
 
Ryen watched her run, his eyes catching onto his nephews. A smile graced the older youkai's lips and he bowed his head, agreeing to his choice. Sesshoumaru returned the gesture. Venturing on as if that hadn't occurred, Ryen swished the frying pan around in his hand. “So, I'm cooking eggs. If you jerks want some, let me know. Ladies, I'll make enough for you as well.” He smiled once, mocked a deep bow and disappeared into the kitchen.
 
InuYasha watched the demon walk away before turning to his brother. “Looks as if Ryen has been domesticated. Cooking? Never…not for me, no thanks.”
 
Kagome tightened her hold on his hands and looked up at him. “Never say never, Inu; you don't know what tomorrow could bring.”
 
InuYasha growled and kissed the side of her ear. “Whatever it is, it won't be brought in by me wearing a smock.”
 
Kagome giggled and turned her face to kiss him on the lips.
 
Bankotsu stared at the couple; making gagging sounds the entire time they kissed then cleared his throat. “So…in lieu of our Sesshiles getting hitched, this Bankotsu would like to a prediction!”
 
InuYasha grunted and nudged the boy with his foot, “my brother will kill you if you say that Rin will leave him for you…or that she'll become a lesbian.”
 
Bankotsu swatted InuYasha's foot away and laughed, playing a rather coy innocent routine. “Would I ever say anything like that?” seeing the hostile glowers, he quickly pushed ahead. Waving his hands in the air as one would a crystal ball, he chanted, “I see great things in the future…I see…”
 
Sango laughed and laid back against Miroku, “You see what; dead people…boring people? Come on…at least make this original! Get one with your fake powers so we can get to rehearsals!”
 
Bankotsu rolled his eyes and sat up. “No, I am being serious. I used to be good at this shit.”
 
InuYasha nodded, “He's normally…pretty much…sometimes right on key.” He rubbed his head and thought for a moment, “ I can't really think of a time when he wasn't at least half right, which is scary.”
 
Bankotsu rolled his eyes and gained everyone's attention again. “See, I'm the real shit!” He stuck his tongue out at Sango then looked back to the others. “Okay…seriously now.” He shook his hands then touched his forehead, his eyes tightly closed. Waving a hand at Sesshoumaru, he muttered. “I see you and Rin lasting for a long time, if not forever. I see a couple kids…a nice house…by a beach.”
 
Sesshoumaru cocked an eyebrow and sat back. “And you think this true? This Sesshoumaru would never live at a beach.”
 
Bankotsu shrugged and cracked open one eye. “I see three daughters…maybe a son…or a lesbian.” He laughed and waggled his eyebrows at Sesshoumaru, “you're daughter's gonna be a lesbian.”
 
Sesshoumaru made a face and crossed his arms. “I don't believe any of this.”
 
Rin laughed and patted Sesshoumaru's shoulder, “come on, living by a beach wouldn't be half bad.”
 
Bankotsu shrugged. “Hey, I'm just being nice. I should charge you, you unappreciative bastard!”
 
Kagome laughed and leaned forward towards Bankotsu. Staring into his eyes, she asked, “What are you, some type of psychic?”
 
Bankotsu shrugged lazily then placed a hand on her forehead and pushed her back to InuYasha. “I guess…maybe.” He glanced at Sango and Miroku and scratched his chin then laughed. “Sango, I can see you going to school for five years and getting yourself a degree that means nothing because you decide to marry Miroku, get pregnant and are just about pregnant every nine months or so. I can see you having about five or six kids and two dogs. I don't think you'll leave the country though…at least with Sesshoumaru I could hear other languages!”
 
Very few noticed the sudden awkward silence between InuYasha and Sesshoumaru, as they regarded the boy with widened eyes.
 
Miroku smiled and nudged Bankotsu. “So, are you saying we shouldn't wait until we're done with school? Throw caution to the wind and get married now?”
 
Bankotsu shrugged, “nah, its all part of the grand plan, ya know? You can't change your life because of something I say, it doesn't work like that. You go on living your life and one day you'll think back when you're under the dog pile of six boys and say, `holy shit, that shmuck was right!'.”
 
Miroku laughed again and turned his attention back to Sango. Clasping her hands in his, he asked her calmly, “bare foot and pregnant, huh? I could live with that!”
 
Sango elbowed him in the ribs and laughed as Miroku rubbed the spot sorely. “Barefoot my ass. If I had it my way, you'd be popping out the kids.” Turning to stare at Bankotsu, she quickly added, “and there ain't no way in hell I'm popping out six kids, it just will not happen, especially all boys. I'd shoot myself!”
 
Miroku's eyes widened as he shook his hands in front of his face. “I think I shall leave the child bearing to you, my dear sweet and beautiful Sango.”
 
Sango leaned up and pressed her lips against Miroku's, earning a rather harmonized awe from the friends, minus Sesshoumaru.
 
InuYasha hugged Kagome to his chest and called over to his friend. He hardly noticed the way Bankotsu's eyes darkened when he turned his head lethargically. “Oi, Bank…what do you see for us?”
 
It was a split second, but everyone in the room caught the change in attitude. It was like a cold wind had blown through the room, wreaking havoc as it went. Bankotsu slowly glanced at his friend, a fake smile plastered to his face. InuYasha easily could discern the worry that filled his eyes; he could hear the painful unspoken words that no one wanted to hear vocalized. `The bringer of bad news,' InuYasha thought seemed to be an appropriate title for the look. Either that or a deer caught in headlights. “I…I'm not sure, Yash. Can't really say.” He gave the startled couple a wide grin before turning around and jumping into conversation with himself. “so…I think I'm going to go outside to have a smoke…it's a randy idea! Shall we? We shall!” he stood up quickly and excused himself from the room.
 
Kagome glanced up, a panged anxiety pulling at her face as she slowly met InuYasha's stare. She nudged him in the ribs, pushing him to inquire further. When InuYasha seemed to stumped to respond, Kagome forced a laugh. “I guess you're right, time will always tell. Yash and me though, we'll get married some day. Just not right now.”
 
Bankotsu cringed ever so slightly then adjusted his shirt. Pushing himself to his feet, he pulled out a carton of Marlboros. “I'm gonna…listen…to the voices in my head and go smoke.”
 
InuYasha crossed his arms slowly, “answer my question Bank…what do you see for me and Kags?”
 
Bankotsu paused by the soft and looked down to the floor. Glancing once over his shoulder, it was a bittersweet smile that he carried. “I'm not always right Inu, hardly ever really. But you two make a great high school couple.”
 
Rin sat back and glanced up at Bankotsu. “Come on, Bankotsu, stop skidding around the question and just fricken answer it!”
 
InuYasha smiled and hugged Kagome tighter. “Damn right we do. I love my baby girl more then anything in the world.”
 
Kagome had her hand clenched, her eyes shut and one hand on InuYasha's arm. She swallowed hard and looked up to Bankotsu, searching his eyes. He seemed nearly apologetic and that scared the hell out of her. “High school couple, huh?”
 
Bankotsu forced himself to laugh, feeling the shittiest he had since he came clean about Naraku. “I…err…yeah. Hell, I would say I'd see you two as `most likely to get married out of high school' but that category goes to your brother…since he is.”
 
InuYasha's back stiffened as he silently added, “but?”
 
Bankotsu sighed and shoved a cigarette in his mouth. Winking once at the boy, he shrugged, “nothing…don't worry. You guys are a great high school couple, and I mean no disrespect by that.”
 
Ryen popped his head out of the kitchen and glowered at the group in the living room. “Can one of you guys come in here and help? I can't keep up with eggs, bacon, sausage, and the rest of the stuff I got going on.”
 
Sango and Miroku shot to their feet, latching hands and walked towards the kitchen. Before entering, Sango turned to Miroku and patted him on the head, “see, domestication can be fun…”
 
Miroku growled but relented while Sango dragged him into the kitchen.
Bankotsu made a clear beeline for the front door, nearly running out of it as fast as he could.
 
InuYasha glanced down at Kagome, their hands interlaced against her knee. Slipping his fingers from hers slowly, he muttered, “I'm gonna go see if he's okay.” With a small kiss, the hanyou separated his hand from hers and slowly walked from the room.
 
Tears filled Kagome's eyes the minute InuYasha was out of sensing range. Wiping one eye, she sniffed and ran upstairs, not sparing a word to the couple on the couch.
 
Sesshoumaru watched the ways that the group departed, some scattering outside of the shelter, the others staying close by, and then he and Rin…they were the rock of the group, the part of the dichotomy that didn't change. Glancing down at the worried girl in his arms, he asked cautiously, “what just happened? I could have told you that InuYasha and Kagome had a high school relationship. What of it? How is that enough to make one girl cry?”
 
Rin swallowed thickly and shook her head slowly. “No, he didn't say they had one…he said they are a high school couple. Sesshoumaru…he's implying that they won't last past high school. That they are a great couple in high school, but get them outside of it and they'd crumble.”
 
Sesshoumaru was silent for a moment before running a hand over his face. “Well…I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who worries about that.”
 
Rin scowled. “No, we're all worried about it. We just try to keep optimistic.”
 
“That is all you can do then, is it not? But tell me, we are a high school couple…will we not fail out of high school then, by your logic?”
 
Rin put her hand over Sesshoumaru's heart and brushed her lips over his. “No, Sesshoumaru…we are so much more then that. So much more.”
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
Ryen listened to the conversation by the doorway before retuning to take the spatula from Miroku. “Thanks.”
 
Miroku nodded and stepped away from the pan. “So…Sessh and Rin, huh?”
 
With a chuckle, the demon continued to stir fry the breakfast potatoes. “They weren't a question, really. I always knew that they would be married after school.”
 
Sango flipped the pancakes she had begun to whip together and asked cautiously, “So…do you think Bankotsu's right…about Inu and Kag? Do you think they won't last past high school?”
 
Ryen sat back and tapped the spatula to his shoulder. “That's hard to say. I love both those kids but sometimes I wonder if they are really ready for what they committed to. But you can either harass them about it or you can stand back and pray that they will make the right choices in life.”
 
Sango sat down on a stool at the breakfast island and put her chin into her hands. “How can you just stay so…observant? How can you just write it off saying, `well, if they hurt each other, they'll recover'?”
 
Ryen tapped his fingers slowly against his arm, searching for the right words. “I don't doubt, Sango…that Kagome and Yash aren't right for each other. I know they are…trust me. What I think though…is that they aren't mature enough yet to see just how vibrant they can be together. And instead of dynamic, we get explosive. They haven't had it out yet, Sango…but I have a feeling soon enough one of their tempers is going to explode.” He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. “What we have with them… as well as all of you…are relationships forged out of trauma. You clung to each other when shit hit the fan and now that things are starting to cool off, you will have to learn to get along as a couple instead of just skidding by. I mean, what do they have in common?”
 
Sango put down her spoon and turned around to face the demon. “What do me and Miroku have in common? I'll tell you…we love each other. Just because they got together when all the so quoted shit was going down doesn't mean that they'll fall apart. I agree that Yash can be a bit much and I don't agree with some of the things he does to Kagome, but he loves her.”
 
Ryen nodded, “I never said he didn't. I just think that it's going to get very rocky, very quickly.”
 
Miroku frowned as he got a cup of orange juice. “So…what can we do?”
 
Ryen shrugged. “Sit back and watch the fireworks, I guess. You can't take sides or push them, because you will alienate one if not both. You can be there for them to lean on when they need someone, and trust me, they will.”
 
Sango smiled and nodded. “And what about you, Mr. I'm-a-bad-ass? You and Ms. H. settling down yet?”
 
Ryen's cheeks took on a darker shade as he started fiddling around with his pancakes. “Something's are better left unsaid.”
 
Sango leaned towards Miroku, “that's a yes.”
 
Miroku laughed and shook his head. “I swear, you're going to traumatize Inu and Kagome. They will be step cousins if you do the M-word with Kagome's mom. Then what do you do?”
 
Ryen shrugged, “it's not by blood so it doesn't really count.”
 
Shivering, the girl in the kitchen made a face. “It's still weird…and kind of gross.”
 
Rin pushed through the kitchen doors and slowly danced her way over to get a glass of orange juice. All three sets of eyes followed her until she looked up and smiled brightly. “What's kind of gross?”
 
Miroku hooked his thumb towards Ryen, “him making Kagome and Inu cousins.”
 
Rin swallowed hard, nearly dropping her glass and smothered down a laugh. “is it true? Would you do that?”
 
Ryen shook his head, “No…I wouldn't. It's a step marriage, and InuYasha and Kagome would be nothing to each other, more then what they are now, that is.”
 
Rin frowned suddenly and glanced out the door. “I guess I should go check on her.”
 
Sango shrugged and stole Rin's cup. Taking a sip, she offered, “Or inu could…”
 
Miroku sighed and shook his head slowly. “you really need to stop coming down so hard on him, Sango. he doesn't know she's upset and he's going to have a fit when he finds out we do and neither of us are up there with her.”
 
Sango held up her hands and moved towards the door, “I'll go…”
 
Rin moved quicker and blocked her path. “No…let me do it. it might sound better coming from me.”
 
Sango shrugged, “whatever…she isn't going to be happy.”
 
Rin rolled her eyes, “Obviously.” Turning her back, she paused at Ryen's words.
 
Ryen rolled his eyes and returned to cooking their food. Staring into the pot, he called back, “you know, it's kind of weird to see the way you all worked out; how you all came together regardless of past issues, prejudices, or assumptions. Rin and Sesshoumaru, they'll never change and they will be the steady influence in all of your lives. They will always be happy, always be willing to help out, and always-good friends. They'll get married; have the white picket fence with the three point five kids. You two will always be the comical influence, never really changing your personality except to grow up. You guys will always be there for someone, no matter how much they may have pissed you off, you'll take them in like it's nothing. Kag and Inu…well…they will always change. Nothing for those two will ever be the same. A new year will be new adventures, ones that you can't pin down to a job or a location.
 
“And to be honest, the way that you guys have been shaped, the memories you have from this year…hell, from these past five months events, I think that's the real curse. The curse's influence over all of you has been to change you, to alter who you were. None of you will ever be the people you were five months ago; the stoner, the pervert, the bitches, the narcissist and the victim. None of you can go back…but you don't seem to care. You all want to go forward, and that's how you broke it; that's how you escaped the curse.”
 
Rin's back stiffened as her father's words from so many months ago floated through her head like an eerie children's song. It's the curse of the dragon, you know, a real Catch 22. Once you're a part of the dragon syndicate, your deadyou just don't know it yet. You enter and they take your soul, they take your family, they take everything. When they are done with you, they kill you.” unable to contain the shiver, she crossed her arms and rubbed her sides. She turned slowly to look at the group, sensing Sesshoumaru coming to stand behind her, obvious to her sudden change in attitude. She leaned back into him as her eyes slowly misted up. But this wasn't in fear or horror, sadness or pain; it was for happiness. “It's what my father called the curse of the dragon. The curse of that damned gang that Naraku ran. He said that they will take everything they can from you and that when you're sucked dry they'll kill you. He said it was unavoidable.” Feeling Sesshoumaru squeeze her around her waist, she smiled. “I guess he was wrong. we escaped…intact. Sure, they changed us. And Ryen's right, none of us will ever be the same. But look at what we got out of it. I don't know if I would have ever met Sesshoumaru any way else and to be with him…it was worth it.” she tilted her head back as his lips pressed to her forehead. “So I guess you're right Ryen…we broke the curse by not wiling to back down, to cling to who we used to be.”
 
Ryen smiled softly and inclined his head. “Grown adults who have been in your position wilted months ago, they could never hack it…but you guys…you are all something else. You took on the challenge and you said fuck all and did it. Some of you have come further then others, I'm sure you know this as well…but you have all come a long way. And honestly, I don't think I could be more proud.” Putting down the spatula, Ryen smiled and leaned against the counter. “I can't imagine how interesting their lives are going to get, but I know this…it will be fun at watch.”
 
Smiles broke out across the room as all realized the truth and implication of his words. Rin pulled herself from Sesshoumaru's grasp to go comfort her friend, something she was going to get used to doing. Miroku and Sango continued to help Ryen as he needed help and Sesshoumaru stood back to look at the people he now called family. For the first time without Rin being in his direct presence, the Youkai found a smile gracing his lips watching the people he was proud to call family clamber about the room. As InuYasha walked into the room, Sesshoumaru slung his arm over the boy's shoulders and shook him lightly. “We have to talk baka…there's a few things I want to discuss with you about this great wedding I'm sure that my mate and yours are already planning.”
 
InuYasha playfully shoved his brother into the refrigerator and turned his nose up. “Why would I want to talk about that crap with you?”
 
Sesshoumaru stared blankly at his brother then shrugged coolly, “I figured my best man would want to help out. But if you're going to act like a baka…”
 
A smile slipped onto the hanyou's lips before quickly being sealed away under the façade of annoyance. “Keh, whatever…what are you thinking?”
 
Sesshoumaru guided the hanyou away from the crowd, knowing full well the pridefull glimmer that shone in his uncle eyes. Maybe this family deal wasn't such a bad thought after all.
 
~**~*~~*~**~~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
I know the ending is kind of weak for where the story has gone, but it needs to be. a word about the epilogues….i would write them as chapters because so much will occur but for the span of time that is to pass; I can't.
 
-Also, something I've neglected mentioning but I shall now. This fiction won, in the last quarter of the InuYasha Fan Fiction Guild:
1st place- best original character- Ryen
2sd place- best alternate universe
3rd- Best lemon- oh the smut…
 
-I will also be starting a new fiction this weekend, maybe quite possibly two…but definitely one when I can pick which one I want to write first. I'll let you know more in the next epilogue. Stay tuned! ^__^
 
-I really want to say thank you to everyone whose read this story. Never once did I ever think that I would have such a great crowd of people following me from it. A big shout out to those who kept me going, who have inspired me and put the whip to my back when I wasn't living up to my fullest potential.
 
So…without further ado, my props list:
 
-Lucient (james, without your support these last few months, I don't know if I would have finished this!)
-Amber (wherever you have gone, I pray you're safe! I miss you!)
-Inugurrl (always a pleasure)
-unseen Jade eyed wolf (now get to work on your fic! LOL j/k)
-drake clawfang (you've been such a great inspiration!)
-blood tainted soul (you're reviews are always an honor)
-toya's gurl- I just may think you have been my longest supporter! Thank you for sticking with me!!!
-dog demon emiko- let me know when you post that story!
-inugrrl- I still think your lemons are hotter. LOL
-mitsukai13
-icygirl2
leila-chan
-sad soul (yes, I know I'm a sadist. I know, I know!!! Apparently, this is also constituting as dark fic…???? …never saw that coming…)
-jade pendant
-leomae
-Tarzan
-And the countless others who have supported me throughout this project (and what the project it has been!) I love you all (seriously)!