InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ Amazed ( Chapter 86 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Curse of the Dragon ~<>~
 
 
~<>~ Epilogue 3 ~<>~ Amazed
 
 
 
Rain tapped gently on the rooftop of the tiny apartment singing a soothing lullaby to the two who lay awake in the king sized bed below. Amber eyes pierced the darkness like a bolt of lightning, aware of everything that wasn't happening and appreciating the serenity of the night. Glancing down, his fingers wove into the obsidian hair that contrasted his toned chest like ying and yang. Lowering his lips, he kissed the crown of his bedmate's head. He heard a sweet sigh and he thanked the gods again for giving him the moment to lay with her again.
 
“I still can't believe it…I mean…twins on both sides…”
 
A smile dashed across the male's face, his eyes lightening with mirth. “Well, Sessh can't say that he's ever bored. He'll have his hands tied for the rest of his life .” He pressed his lips against the soft skin of her forehead and sighed, “And Miroku can stop being a perv. Life is perfect.”
 
Kagome lifted her head and stared at her lover. “You knew, didn't you? That it was going to be this way?”
 
InuYasha shrugged and moved one hand from the small of her naked back to her shoulders and pulled her gently back to wrap around his chest. “I had no clue. I knew Rin was going to have a girl…I just never thought that there were two. I'm guessing that dumb ass brother of mine didn't know either. I wish I was there to see his reaction.” He stroked Kagome's hair slowly, letting the strands slip through his fingers like water. “As for Sango…well…who didn't see that one coming? She knew two months in when she stopped fitting into Miroku's clothes! Idiots, it's their own fault; too much sex can do that to you.”
 
Kagome smiled and brushed her fingertips over his lips. “Shush…or you'll curse yourself to their fate.” Replacing her lips to where her fingers had been, she laughed gently.
 
The mirth that filled the boy's eyes disappeared in a rapid almost fearful manner as he hissed quietly, “Dear God, women, don't say such things!” Yet he didn't pull away from her light embrace.
 
Kagome pouted and rolled off her hanyou. Sitting up and clutching the sheet against her chest, she swung her legs off the bed and stood slowly. “Children…can you believe it? I mean…both sets of our friends are parents.” Glancing out into the dimly lit streets, she muttered, “Parents, InuYasha…are we really that old?”
 
InuYasha's eyes followed the woman as she slipped to the bay window of the tiny apartment to stare out into the murky night sky. With a stretch and a light growl of a yawn, he sat up and got to his feet. Slipping behind her, he wrapped his arms around her shoulder blades and pulled her back into his naked chest. He pressed a chaste kiss to her neck and murmured into the baby soft skin, “It's odd…isn't it? I keep looking in the mirror expecting to see my father…or hell, even Ryen, glaring back at me when I think of that. I can't believe that I'm twenty seven now. It's…scary.”
 
Kagome shrugged and reached behind her head to gently to fondle the right triangle ear that sat in the tuff of silver bangs on her lover's head. “I like you the way you are. You're so much more mature then you used to be.”
 
InuYasha scoffed playfully then gently raked his claws over the bare skin of her upper arms. The husky tone that suddenly overwhelmed his voice nearly made the girl melt. “Mature huh? You want me to show you how mature I can be?”
 
Kagome swallowed thickly as her hand stilled on InuYasha's ear. “You really are insatiable, aren't you?”
 
InuYasha chuckled lightly as his hands wandered from her shoulders to rest over hers that held the sheet. “I haven't changed that much baby…just enough to know that I ought…” he kissed the top of her shoulder, right below the back of her neck, “…to worship you…” he kissed his way gently up her neck, “like the goddess…” he stilled his lips against her right ear before whispering hotly, “…you are.”
 
Kagome smiled softly as his hands sunk under the sheet to rest against her bare breasts. Her eyes drifted closed as he gently massaged the muscles, his fingers playfully teasing her nipples. His name slipped from her lips as her breathing escalated. God she loved it when he touched her like this.
 
They had waited a good while after reuniting to have sex; they had lasted for nearly four months…a record for them. It had been a joint decision…to wait and to consummate. They had feared for the longest of time that if they rushed back into their ritual antics, that something would break…that something would be spoiled. Yet when the time came, and they couldn't reframe from indulging in each other…it shocked them both. The sex was amazing…and it only seemed to strengthen the frail bond between the two. This time around, in their relationship, something was completely different. There was never a rushed need for completion, never the urge just to get it over with and be satisfied. When they found their way to join as one, everything was magical, everything seemed perfect. It was as if the world stopped when he placed his lips over hers. A simple kiss could elate her to a world she never knew existed; a place where it was just her and him…a place where she could live in eternal happiness.
 
InuYasha dragged his lips from her cheek to her neck, sucking lightly at the frail skin. “I think you, basked in moonlight and covered with a sheet is probably the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.”
 
Kagome kept her eyes closed but arched an eyebrow. “Is it now?”
 
InuYasha grinned, “It is. Now come here baby, so I can worship you correctly.” Turning her in his arms, he gently pulled the sheet away from her hands to let it pool at their feet.
 
Very slowly he lowered her down, his lips pressed against hers, to lay her on the floor on the disregarded sheet. Bracing himself on propped elbows over her, he pushed a lock of her ebony hair from her face gently. “You know, Princess, you have a promise to live up to now.”
 
Kagome opened one eye as his hand trailed tingling paths up and down her neck. “Oh, do I?”
 
InuYasha grinned manically. “You graduated…and you are done with your internship, Dr. Higurashi.”
 
Kagome caught his fingers as they danced over her lips and kissed the flats gently. “That is right, isn't it?” She grinned, knowing full well what he was pushing for. Toying gently, unintentionally, with the diamond on her left hand, she felt her eyes sparkle, much like the stone.
 
InuYasha kissed each of her cheeks, avoiding her lips with a lazy smile that made her heart beat faster. “Yes, it is. So…the question is; where do you wish to do it?”
 
Kagome blushed and blinked at her lover. Licking her lips slowly, she cooed seductively, “Well…I'm thinking maybe the kitchen…or the living room…”
 
InuYasha waggled his eyebrows suggestively at her outburst. “Hey now…I wasn't talking about that, but if you're up for round two…”
 
Kagome giggled softly and kissed him again. “I don't know InuYasha.” Allowing him to roll off her to the right, she sighed contently as he wrapped his arms around her and snuggled her head into the crook of his neck. “I was thinking; honestly, I don't want a big huge wedding; something simple…something small…that would be nice.”
 
InuYasha raised himself to look down at the girl, his arms instantly tightening. “That would be amazing. But baby, this is for you…for us…and I want it to be everything you've ever dreamed. If you want a big wedding…”
 
Kagome interjected quickly, “you know Vegas is right around the corner?”
 
InuYasha stopped dead in the middle of his sentence and stared down in awe at the girl. “Have I told you how much I love you in the last two minutes?”
 
More giggles spilt into the night air as his lips closed over hers. Kagome sighed happily. “I'm serious. I really don't want the stress of anything huge. We could invite Sesshoumaru and Rin, Sango and Miroku…if they can find babysitters…”
 
InuYasha laughed lightly and nipped at her chin, “I'm sure they will find something to make do. Ryen is a trained professional, you know.”
 
Kagome laughed and turned to face her mate. “You're all over this quick wedding thought, aren't you?”
 
InuYasha reached up and pushed her hair behind her ears and stared deeply into the eyes he knew he could get lost in without trying. “I'm all over you, Baby girl. In my book, when I took you ten years ago, we became mates. This is for show.”
 
More laughter and more smiles ensued. “I guess if you put it that way…Vegas is sounding better and better.”
 
Not to hopeful, the Hanyou added shyly, “We could drive tonight, if you really want to do it that way. We could be married at sunset tomorrow.”
 
Kagome kissed his nose with an airy giggle. “No, I want my mother there along with my friends. But we could…maybe say in six months, get them all out here?” She stretched and smiled as her fingers gently traced the contour of the muscles on InuYasha's chest. “Besides, I really want to wear the dress that my mother wore when she married my father. You should see it, it's beautiful!”
 
InuYasha nodded slowly, “I guess…but I really don't want five screaming infants here. You're brother will be a proud papa, don't forget, in about three months, Auntie…”
 
Kagome chewed on her lip for a moment, a part of her still in shock over that fact. Her baby brother was going to be a father! “I guess. But what else can we do?”
 
InuYasha shrugged again and kissed her forehead. “Don't worry, we'll figure it out and make it work. Right now, what we have to look forward too, is that next week, we will be in Hawaii, relaxing on the beach. No books, no papers, no blasted doctors ordering you around like their maid…and no need for me to threaten to pull people's scrotums through their mouths if they talk down to you one more time.”
 
Kagome gasped and sat up straight, her eyes were the size of saucers. “Is that what you told him? No wonder why he stayed so far away from me in the last two months. Oh my god, InuYasha!” she smacked his shoulder playfully; “I don't believe you! That could have lost me the job!”
 
InuYasha's golden eyes held the sparkle of the moon…or perhaps, captured the light of the love between the two and illuminated it. “No it wouldn't of. I warned him that if he fired you over the threats, I'd kill him and no one would ever find the pieces of his body.”
 
Kagome shook her head and pressed her hand to her mouth. “You're unbelievable!”
 
InuYasha slowly sat up, the glint of mischief that had sparkled in his eyes a moment before suddenly darkening to a rather predatorily gleam. “What to know what else I am?”
 
Kagome gulped audibly, suddenly feeling very vulnerable…as well as very turned on. She raised an eyebrow, trying unsuccessfully to present a cool face. “What would that be, love?”
 
InuYasha leered at the girl, slowly sitting up to his knees to tower over her naked body. “I'm very…very…”
 
Kagome suddenly sat up and knocked him backwards playfully. Landing on his chest, she swung her legs over his hips to straddle his waist, right above his pelvic bone. Grabbing his hands and using his moment of shock against him, she pinned them above his head.
 
InuYasha abided by Kagome's sudden dominant streak, it wasn't something that she often acted upon. Quite normally, it was the other way around. So regardless of his youkai demanding for him to take control of the situation, he went along for the ride.
 
Kagome lowered her mouth to his neck, gently taking the time to return the favor of the many colored bruises that decorated her skin under the collar of her shirts. Sucking at the flesh of his throat, she slowly traced her way down his body, licking and sucking every curve of his body, letting her tongue trace a path of destruction down her beloved hanyou. She paused at his belly button, and completely enjoyed the way he bucked wildly against her when she dipped her tongue into the tiny hole.
 
InuYasha groaned as her tongue traced the shallow curves of his pelvic bone, following the contour down to teasingly bathe the inside edge of his thigh. With a wistful sigh, he goaded, “don't tease now, Princess…it ain't nice!”
 
Chestnut eyes glanced up at him as her tongue darted around the base of his hardened length, only to make its way up the other thigh. Her eyes never leaving his, she ran her tongue up his cock, and then gently sucked on the tip. With a seductive grin, she let the member go with a rather lewd pop. “Is this what you want, InuYasha?”
 
His eyebrows disappeared under his bangs. “Maybe…” Playfully he tugged at his hands to test her strength.
 
Kagome shook her head and let out a short blast of hot air against the tip of his cock, making his entire body lurch. “Now, now InuYasha…I will break out your handcuffs if you keep this up!”
 
InuYasha's golden eyes dashed to the city-issued cuffs he had received and used…to his advantage…on more then one occasion. Yet for her to threaten to put him in them, something didn't seem quite right to him. He knew that if he got a second away from this vixen, he could have her pinned to the headboard and open to his will.
 
The thought process seemed to flee the hanyou as her mouth engulfed his member. With a rather primal growl, InuYasha closed his eyes as she slowly worked his cock over like a pro. She would suck her way nearly halfway down his shaft, only to massage the tip with the back of her tongue while lightly raking his shaft with her top row of teeth. He bucked as she took more of him down her throat, releasing his hands as she went.
 
Placing her hands around his hips, as if to hold on, Kagome swallowed the rest of his cock to sit in the back of her throat. Ignoring the gagging reflex for as long as she could, Kagome locked her eyes onto his bellybutton and sucked on him like a child a pacifier.
 
The grunts that bellowed from the hanyou's lips were well worth the effort. InuYasha covered his eyes with one hand, fisting his hair on occasion to keep from grabbing Kagome's head and pounding into her throat until he was spent. Craning his neck to watch the girl's mouth and throat constrict with each suck, he felt as if he was going to explode…quite literally.
 
Kagome finally had enough, lifting her head off his member to get a deep breath of air. Instantly she found herself on her back. It took a minute for her brain to register the cold metal that closed over her wrist until it touched her other wrist. Opening her eyes wide, she stared up at the hanyou who was lingering over her, a bawdy smile etched on his face as he took in her naked form. She struggled at her hands, frowning to see that they were once again cuffed above her head.
 
“No fair, Inu! I was winning!”
 
InuYasha leaned down and kissed her right cheek before placing his fingers over her lips. “And now I'm in command.” His fingers instantly latched onto the two rosy buds that protruded from the girl's chest, forcing her domicile while he wreaked havoc on her body.
 
Running his tongue down her neck, he lapped at her pulse while his fingers gently slid over her peaks, massaging the muscles beneath his well trained fingers. Running the tip of his claw over the rosy bud, he flicked her nipple once, enjoying the way she arched her back to make her breast fill his hand just right.
 
His hand swept down her body, dipping down the apex of her thighs to rest flatly against her core. Three fingers penetrated her at once, not even waiting to see if she was ready; he already knew she was sopping wet. Using his thumb, he rubbed her clit in circles while working his fingers in and out of her in a steady motion. His mouth claimed hers as he pushed harder with his hand, enjoying himself as he watched her squirm under him, her hands incapable of stopping him. He knew how she got off on the bondage idea…it was a fetish he had learned their senior year that had been applied multiple times over their sessions with each other. And by the look on her face, mirroring pure bliss, he knew that it was something they would always indulge in.
 
He smiled devilishly as Kagome began thrusting her hips with each movement of his hand. She was close…she was so close…and she wanted it. There was nothing like a pleading Kagome that got him off so fast.
 
InuYasha entered her swiftly, making her cry out at the sudden intrustion. She hadn't felt him lining himself up, as his mouth worked over one of her rosy tips. He took no mercy as he slammed himself into her time again again, pushing himself against her cervix with each thrust of his hips. Placing one hand around her hips, InuYasha pulled Kagome from the mattress to aim deeper into the girl's cavern. The noise that carried through the room was the sound of flesh smacking against flesh, and the moans and groans that echoed about the apartment had to be enough to make the neighbors want cigarettes, as the couple reached their climax in elation.
 
InuYasha recovered first, unlocking her hands from the metal cuffs as he flipped them over, so Kagome could sleep soundly on his chest. It only took a moment for them to find themselves in a deep slumber, joined together in elation.
 
X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*
 
“By the Gods…Inu, come look at this view! It's…gorgeous!”
 
InuYasha lifted his eyes from the queen sized bed and dragged them over the site of his mate dressed in a pair of shorts and a tight white shirt. Lifting a lazy eyebrow, he growled, “You're right…it is.”
 
Kagome glanced over her right shoulder and blushed warmly before rolling her eyes. “I'm serious…you can see half the island from here!” With a giggle, she turned and waved her hand at him, “Come here!”
 
InuYasha sighed then rolled off the bed to drag his feet to where she stood. Wrapping his arms around her slender waist, he glanced out the window. She wasn't joking; the view was magnificent. Half of Maui could be seen from the window, including a nice glimpse from one side of the room of the beautiful cerulean blue ocean. Personally, InuYasha would have preferred a much more quite location where just the two of them could relax instead of the giant Outrigger Condo that he managed to find by way of chance; but it was beautiful, he could agree with that much. Tugging gently at his fiancée's waist, he led the girl onto their terrace. Glancing down, he grimaced and took an instinctive step back.
 
Kagome snickered, placing a hand on his arm, and looked about before dropping into one of the chairs on the balcony. Guiding InuYasha into another, smirking at the indestructible hanyou's fear of heights, she rested her head on his shoulder. “I love you.”
 
InuYasha smiled, turning to brush his lips over her forehead. “As I do you, baby Girl. So, what do you wish to do today?”
 
Kagome blushed lightly and glanced around the balcony in appreciation. “Well…we have a lot to christen in…”
 
 
InuYasha's eyes widened before he started to chuckle. The light sound turned heavy as he laughed till tears formed in his eyes. “God, what have I turned you into?”
 
Kagome scrunched up her nose then stuck her tongue out at the Youkai. “Fine then, no sex for you. We'll go to the beach.”
 
InuYasha stopped laughing abruptly and caught her wrist before she could walk away. “I'm joking you know…if you're up for a romp…”
 
Kagome narrowed her eyes at his teasing tone, and then turned her nose up to him. “Not anymore, thanks. Let's go looking around.”
 
 
InuYasha followed her back into the hotel turned condo and rested in the doorway. “I just figured that after our little…session…” he coughed discretely at the color that blossomed on her cheeks, “on the plane, that you would be…tired.”
 
The rose dusting on Kagome's cheeks darkened as she quickly made her way from the bedroom. Slipping into a pair of sandals, she grabbed her InuYasha's hand. “Come on Lover, I want to walk the beach.”
 
InuYasha was in no disposition to argue.
 
Reaching the white sand beach only took moments, but they made it just in time to watch the sun set into the blazing blue ocean in a mass of fiery beauty and perfection. Enveloping the young girl in his arms, InuYasha glanced down at his soon to be wife. “This all seems so perfect, Koi. It's like we were meant to be here.”
 
Kagome nodded, ignoring the tears that surfaced in the corners of her eyes. “Hai. It's so beautiful.”
 
InuYasha tilted her chin to look up to him; his eyes presently warm, burning nearly as bright as the dying sun. “Why are you crying?”
 
Kagome smiled sweetly and shook her head, her eyes glassy in the dusks light. “You're right, you know. It's prefect. This…this is everything I've ever wanted.”
 
InuYasha smiled, humor glistening in his eyes. “What, to be on a Hawaii beach in tongs, watching the sunset with me?”
 
Kagome gently thumped his chest, then snuggled her head into the warmth, “No…for us to be content. For us to be able to stand here and know that this…our vacation, our lives, our choices, is about us. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you, InuYasha.”
 
InuYasha sighed happily, “The rest of your life, you say?” Lowering the two of them to sit in the sand, her between his legs embraced by his arms, he stared out at the ocean. “You realize, Koibito that forever is a long time. Mating with a Youkai will make that even longer?”
 
Kagome nodded happily, “and I look forward to every day waking up in your arms.”
 
InuYasha pressed on, not wanting to destroy the moment but needing to make sure she understood, “after we're married…when all is said and done, you'll…you'll wear my mark, right?”
 
Kagome felt her smile turn smug. Lowering the collar of her shirt, she gently ran over the marks he had already left in the form of bruises on her neck. “I think I already do, InuYasha.”
 
InuYasha gently ran the tip of his claw over one mark, enjoying the slight gasp and spike in her scent as she leaned into his touch. “It would be different, Koi. This mark would make us one…it would connect our lives together. You would live as long as me. I'm taking longevity, Kagome…and your immune system would benefit.”
 
Kagome turned her chin up to stare upside-down at her mate. “You mean…I'd live forever?”
 
InuYasha placed his hand over hers and held the grip steadfast. His voice seemed apologetic, but relentlessly strong. “We talked about this…I know it seems like a long time to be stuck with me…”
 
Kagome gasped and spun herself to kneel between his legs, her hands on his shoulders. “Don't say that! You know I want to always be with you. But…that means…”
 
InuYasha nodded slowly, understanding her reluctance to the matter. “you'd outlive Sango and Miroku…Souta and his children and probably his children's children. But you'd always have Rin and Sesshoumaru…and possibly your mother and Ryen if he ever gets around to it.”
 
Kagome placed one hand on his chin, gently lifting his face to meet hers. Caressing his chin, she added, “and I'd have you.” a small pang of sadness flashed through her eyes as she turned to look out at the calm ocean. “I can't imagine outliving my friends…or my little brother, but I guess there's always a chance that would happen regardless.” A lone tear dripped down her cheek as she smiled sadly, “but…I would always be with you.”
 
InuYasha let go a breath he didn't know he had been holding. Lowering his face into her hair, he inhaled sharply, as if needing reassurance she was still there in his arms. “I worry so much, Kagome…that I'll lose you to something I can't control. When you weren't in my arms....when you aren't…I worry constantly. I can't…” taking a deep breath, he growled, “I can't lose you, Kagome. Don't you know how much I need you?”
 
Kagome smiled, fisting her hands over his. “As much as I need you…and as much as I need air to breathe. I love you baby…and I'll do anything to stay by your side until…the end.”
 
Turning the petite girl in his arms once more, InuYasha toppled backwards to keep her resting on his chest, the warm breeze sweeping around the two like a blanket. “I love you, Koi.”
 
Tranquility embraced the two as they found their peace in the natural world. Watching the sun set, InuYasha knew that their life as a couple was only beginning.
 
&X&X&X&X&X&X&X&X&X&X& X&X&X&X&
 
“So tell me again why we're going to Oahu?”
 
InuYasha smirked as the tiny aircraft made its landing on the small airstrip of the tiny island. “All in good time, Princess.”
 
Kagome reached over InuYasha to make a grab for one of his ears. “if you don't stop it with the secrets…”
 
Ever since their second day on the islands, the hanyou had spent half the time on the phone with `work'. Kagome had been annoyed, to say the least, but understanding. A couple times his brother had called, which intrigued Kagome. But what got her more was InuYasha's refusal to answer any of her questions. Then suddenly, on the fifth day of their vacation when they were supposed to go jet skiing and parasailing, he made an abrupt change and led her to the tiny plane instead. By time they landed, it was four in the afternoon.
 
Stepping from the rickety plane, Kagome warily followed her hanyou. “Where are we going, InuYasha?”
 
InuYasha paused, stuffing his hands into the cargo pockets of his shorts; he turned and lowered his mirrored sunglasses to the bridge of his nose with a rather irate scowl plastered on his face. With a grunt, he finally relented, “I want you to come with me. Can you just trust me…for two seconds?”
 
Kagome slipped her hand into his, slightly taken back by the sudden aggression. Licking her lips, she firmly nodded, “O…Okay. Gomen nasai…”
 
InuYasha kissed her cheek and squeezed her hand. “I should be saying that. I didn't mean to snap…I'm just tired.”
 
Kagome glanced back to the plane, her eyebrows furrowing. “if you're tired, we didn't have to come here…”
 
InuYasha shook his head a little too quickly, “no! It's fine.” With a deep breath, he sighed, “this is something I've been waiting…no, dying…to do for a long time!”
 
Kagome stared at the man for a moment before shrugging. “If you say so…”
 
Stepping up to the pavement, InuYasha glanced around, as if searching for something…or someone. After a moment, he smirked and grabbed Kagome's wrist. Walking towards a small red motorbike, his grin widened. “Thank God…” he muttered while looking over the vehicle. Grabbing one helmet, he produced a key from inside then handed it to Kagome.
 
Kagome watched the interaction very carefully before placing the helmet on her head. Tightening it, she muttered, “what are you planning, `Yasha?”
 
InuYasha grunted and swung himself over the seat of the bike and motioned for Kagome to do the same. With a smirk, he quipped, “You remember how to ride one of these, right Koi?”
 
Kagome met his egotistical smirk with a menacing grin of her own, the flashback of the same conversation from eight years prior playing through her mind. “Yeah…just like I do you, right? In control.”
 
InuYasha's grin faltered then grew to a smile. “That's my girl. Come on.”
 
Kagome begrudgingly got onto the back of the bike and wrapped her arms around his waist. “Just…be careful! Roads here are treacherous.”
 
InuYasha shrugged, “Easy as pie, sweetheart. Just…hang on.”
 
Kicking off the ground, InuYasha had them barreling down the tiny roads in a matter of minutes.
 
&X&X&X&X&X&X&X&X&X&&X
 
Pulling up, the tiny beach that stretched as far as the eye could see was completely deserted. InuYasha parked the scooter in the empty lot, a scowl embracing his face like a second skin. With a growl, he stalked off down the wooden ramps that led onto the beach as Kagome trailed nervously behind. As they cleared the palm trees, Kagome couldn't help the gasp that was ripped from her throat.
 
The sand was a beautiful hue of white, the ocean a tumbling mass of blues and greens with waves that were surging towards the shore towering over fifteen feet in height. The seclusion of the area only added to the beautiful tranquility of the sight. Her eyes latched onto InuYasha's in curiosity as he stood, hands on his hips, gazing the landscape, his scowl turned into a rather furious glower.
 
Softly, Kagome placed her hand on his shoulder. “Is something wrong?” She knew it was a stupid question, of course something was wrong, but she wanted to hear it from him. What had he been expecting? The only people who came to these beaches during the winter months were the die-hard surfers.
 
InuYasha seemed to jump in remembrance of her presence, and then forced a smile onto his gloomy face. “No, it's okay. I just thought there would actually be some people here! I mean…it's kinda dangerous if there isn't!”
 
Kagome's eyes narrowed as she followed InuYasha onto the beach. He walked towards a rental shack, where they would have offered surfboards and other beach gear, then frowned upon finding that closed.
 
“Son of a bitch!”
 
Kagome placed her hand over his as he leaned against the barred window, comprehension slowly filtering through her brown eyes. “You were thinking about surfing…in these waves…weren't you?”
 
A tiny smile of redemption filtered onto the hanyou's face, still wading under the obvious upset. “Yeah…something like that.”
 
Kagome's mouth fell open, not sure whether she was angry at how far they traveled so he could surf, or incredulously that this man, whom had probably only surfed waves reaching five feet in height, thought he could take on fifteen foot killers. With a sigh and a hand to her forehead, she asked wryly, “we came all this way for you to surf? No offense, baby…but you haven't surfed in…like…”
 
 
InuYasha turned his face to smile guiltily at her. “A few months. I've been boning up in California for the trip.”
 
Kagome took in the crestfallen look on her lover's face and found her feeling sympathy for the predicament. Glancing around nervously, she stuttered, “Maybe if we go to another beach…”
 
The sound of a car pulling into the lot seemed to relieve a lot of stress from the man's face. With a muttered prayer, he turned to his mate and grasped her hands in his. “I need you…to sit right here…and not move. Can you do that?”
 
Kagome narrowed her eyes as she slowly sunk to her knees on the sandy surface. “O..kay.”
 
InuYasha smiled and bent down to kiss her forehead. “Now, I'm serious. Don't move!” Turning, the hanyou dashed back to the motorbike.
 
Kagome lowered her hands to the sand, idly drawing kanji symbols for love and romance, passion and other word that filled her mind when thinking of her fiancé. She was distracting herself from following him, she knew it. But…he had asked her to stay here, and she would be damned before she went against him. After a moment of writing her name with his last name, she found herself growing nervous. `What is he doing? He's been anxious these last two days…and always on that damn phone. What is he planning?' the urge to turn around had never been so great, weighing on the girl like a burden of a thousand pounds. With a grunt, she finally gave in.
 
That was before hands clasped down over her eyes.
 
With a startled yelp mimicking a kicked dog, Kagome's hands flew to those that covered her eyes; sure that InuYasha was playing on some sick game. Shock filtered through her system as she quickly realized that those hands that were placed on her person were not InuYasha's.
 
Another force impacted upon the one in back of her, and three bodies clashed to the floor. The hands slipped from Kagome's eyes and she wiggled under the mass of body weight to face her attacker. Her mouth hung open in pure shock.
 
“Surprise!”
 
Kagome threw herself forward and embraced the first of the two girls. “Rin! What the hell…?”
 
Sango crawled up from her cramped position between the two girls and joined into the hug.
 
Kagome felt tears stinging at her eyes as she hugged the two friends fiercely, whom she hadn't seen in over a years. “What the hell are you guys doing here?” Suddenly, it all made sense; the phone calls, the anxiety…the sudden trip. “InuYasha.”
 
“Way to ruin the surprise, Rin. Next time why not just fuckin' take her head off!”
 
Kagome glanced up to see three grinning males standing a few feet away. Lurching to her feet, she threw herself at InuYasha. Using momentum as her guide, she latched onto his neck and pressed her lips against his.
 
Catching his mate mid air, InuYasha grunted on impact and returned the kiss. “Guess you understand it all now, ey?”
 
Kagome's eyes sparkled as she let go of her hanyou to give Miroku a hug. “You look great, Miroku!”
 
Miroku smiled and hugged the girl back, keeping his hands at a respectable distance from her ass as per demand. “Kagome-sama, you look beautiful as always!”
 
Kagome let go of Miroku to hug her future brother-in-law. “Sesshoumaru! I can't believe you two conspired like this!”
 
InuYasha met Miroku's questioning glance and grimaced. “It was a joint effort, Kag.”
 
Kagome kissed InuYasha once more before bounding back to the girls. “I missed you two so much!”
 
Rin grinned and hugged her friend tightly. “Congratulations, Kagome!”
 
Kagome's eyes narrowed in confusion as she pulled her head back to stare at her friend. “Congratulations? For what?”
 
Rin's eyes widened as she shot InuYasha a seemingly unbelieving look of daggers before choking on her own words. “Well…err…you made it to Hawaii! And…oh! You graduated!” She wanted to kick herself, how lame could you be? Rin made a mental note to later detach InuYasha's fornication tool and present it to Kagome as a dildo.
 
Behind the confused pair, Miroku sadly reached into his wallet and pulled out a hundred dollar bill and handed it to Sesshoumaru. After the older Youkai took the money, the human turned on his friend. “You haven't…told her?”
 
InuYasha shrugged slowly, wincing as Kagome's eyes focused in on him, and then shot back to Miroku, “I would have…but…we haven't had…the right time.”
 
Miroku gawked. “I swear, if she says no…”
 
InuYasha held up a hand, “she won't.”
 
Sesshoumaru shoved the money into his wallet and felt his lips twist into a slight cynical smile, “I wish she would, only because it would serve you right and it would make me a quick grand.”
 
InuYasha turned his attention to his brother. “Oi, thanks for the vote of confidence, oniisan.”
 
Sesshoumaru smirked back wickedly, “not a problem, ototo.”
 
Kagome placed a hand lightly on Rin's shoulder then brushed by her to reach InuYasha. Taking a handful of his silver hair, she gently led him away from the group. After walking closer to the ocean, she turned on him, releasing his hair and crossing her arms, curiosity brimming in her eyes. “What's going on?”
 
InuYasha rubbed his scalp with a rather weary gaze focused on the girl. Taking a deep breath, he gave her a million dollar smile…one he knew always made her knees weak. “Well Princess, remember how we were talking a week ago?”
 
Kagome raised a thin eyebrow. Granted, his smirk made her smile in return for the sheer brilliance of it, but he had something planned and she had a feeling that it was going to knock her off her feet. Forcing down any snide remark that she would normally give him, she grabbed his hand and shook her head in the negative. “We talk a lot, baby…you need to give me something more to recall specifics.”
 
InuYasha tugged her into his chest and kissed her temple. “You said we should marry in Vegas…”
 
Kagome's eyes widened as a flood of understanding washed over her. Pulling away from InuYasha, she gazed around the beach in disbelief. “You're not serious…are you?”
 
InuYasha brought his lips to rest against her forehead. “I am…but only if you are. It's a holiday for all of us, either way…but if you want to…I have this nifty little plan…”
 
Kagome's eyes filled with tears of happiness as she lifted her eyes to soak in everything that was the man she loved. Bringing her lips to his, she whispered, “are you asking me to marry you here and now?”
 
InuYasha smirked, his claws coming to rest on her hips gently. “Yes…I think I am.”
 
Kagome looked to the sand, a smile nearly cracking her face in half. Glancing up, she nodded quickly. The images that she held of what her wedding would be flashed through her head…and she realized then that those thoughts would never equal out to what this situation held. “Then let's do it…right here…right now.”
 
Laughter bubbled from the hanyou as excitement overwhelmed the girl. She was giddy…actually truly giddy. Placing one hand on her shoulder, he pointed towards the other two girls', he set his plan into action. “Well…here's what's going to happen. You're going to go with them to change…”
 
Kagome glanced at the other girls then at the hanyou. “Go…go where? Change into what?”
 
A soft smile was her response. “Just trust me, baby girl…go with them and be back here in two hours.”
 
Kagome put a hand to cover her mouth as a tear dripped down her cheek. “Are…are we really going to do this?”
 
Lowering his hand from her shoulder to her back, he dragged her into a warm embrace. “Yeah…” why did it suddenly not seem like a huge ordeal? Getting married was supposed to be this giant overwhelming stress, this acceptance that two lives were going to become one…and yet, it seemed…perfect. “Yeah, we are.” And he was okay with it.
 
 
Identical thoughts flowed through the mind of the raven haired woman. Staring at their group of friends, she turned her eyes to the love of her life. “Okay…okay, we'll do this.”
 
InuYasha dropped his hands to her hips and lifted her into the air. Spinning her around twice, he lowered her face to his lips and kissed her lightly. “I said it once, and I'll say it again,” he spoke with his lips gently touching hers, “I could die against these lips.”
 
Kagome kissed him again, taking a moment to push her tongue into his mouth, past his pearly white fangs to get a deep taste of the man she loved. Pulling away from him, their fingers dreading to separate until absolutely necessary, she turned to her friends. Holding out her arms, she laughed and squealed, “We're getting married!”
 
The girls responded with rather loud shrieks of their own, forcing both InuYasha and Sesshoumaru to cover their ears. They moved like banshees, grabbing Kagome and swiftly ushering her towards the car. And in a second, they drove out of sight.
 
The three men stared out at the turbulent ocean, watching the waves crash against the white sand beach in silence.
 
Miroku was the first to speak. “So…if she said no…or we were really late, would you seriously take on those waves?”
 
Another twenty foot wave broke a number of yards off shore and poured onto the beach. InuYasha shrugged. “I could take it.”
 
Sesshoumaru scowled, “and you would be dead in a heart beat.”
 
“Fuck you, asshole, I could do it!”
 
Miroku's eyes shined with mirth as he turned on the hanyou. “You…want to place a wager on that?”
 
Sesshoumaru placed a hand over Miroku's and scowls. “Not now, letch. We have work to do. Besides, I'm sure the last thing Kagome would want to do is to come back to find her husband in pieces on this beach.”
 
“Soon to be husband…”
 
InuYasha flipped both men off and turned to stare up at the truck pulling into the parking lot. A smile broke out like a rash across his face but was quickly washed away to fit a rather snide smirk. “Well, well…look what the cat dragged in…”
 
The door to the rental truck opened and a fourth figure joined them on the beach. Pausing at the end of the wooden planks, the figure slowly crossed his arms, glancing from each of the boys faces to settle on InuYasha. “Well…fuck me sideways, I'm gonna guess this is really happening?” Glancing to Sesshoumaru, he asked, “so did she already know or did he ask her to marry him here?”
 
Sesshoumaru reached into his wallet and help up Miroku's hundred dollar bill. A smile broke out on the newcomer's face.
 
“Well…I'll be damned; looks like we got some work to do here boys. So get your dicks out of each other's asses and get the fuck up here to help me!”
 
“Never the couth one, are you Bankotsu?”
 
All attention turned to the fifth added member of the party.
 
A smirk mimicking InuYasha's slid across the fifth member's face. “At least he's right; we got a shit load of work to do and little time to do it. Move your asses into gear, ladies!”
X*X*X*X*X**X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X
 
Kagome padded behind the two other girls, where were whispering things she knew she wasn't supposed to hear. Reaching the tiny hut they had walked nearly half a mile from the car to reach, Kagome paused dead in her tracks.
 
“Is this really happening?”
 
Rin paused first, glancing over her right shoulder to take in the exhausted figure of her best friend. Exchanging worried gazes with Sango, Rin turned to face the bride. “Yes, it is.” A foreboding tone slowly crept into her voice. “Why…is something wrong?”
 
Kagome's eyes filled with tears as she laced her hands into her hair. “When I told him Vegas…I didn't actually think he'd…”
 
Sango's eyes widened as she rushed to Kagome's side. “Kagome…he asked if this was okay! If you have any doubts…”
 
Kagome put her hand gently over Sango's mouth and shook her head. “It's not that it's not okay…I love InuYasha and marrying him my dream…”
 
Rin arched her eyebrow and tugged at Kagome to lean into a hug. “Then what's wrong?”
 
The girl shrugged. “I don't know…I wish my mother was here to see this, you know? I love him, I do…but I really want…” Bringing her hands to her hair, she fisted the tresses and tugged in frustration. “I don't know…I feel so unorganized!”
 
Sango laughed then slowly began pulling Kagome towards the hut. “Come on…that's why you have us! We'll do all your organizing for you!”
 
Kagome nodded slowly, “I know, and I love you two for it…but…it's just…”
 
Rin nodded, taking Kagome's right hand in hers. “Just…trust us, sweetie! We'd never let you down, especially on your wedding day!”
 
Kagome sniffled once, her eyes clashing with Rin's. “I can't believe I'm getting married.”
 
Sango laughed and opened the door to the small building. “I still find myself at night thinking nearly the same thing, except mine is, `I can't believe I got married.' Now I have three kids to look after!”
 
Kagome laughed weakly then paused. “Three?”
 
Sango's smile widened, “Ichiro, Keitaro and Miroku!”
 
Rin laughed heartily. “So tell me, how is it having that lecher's kids?”
 
Sango shrugged nonchalantly, swiping a strand of her hair from her eyes. “Hard work, exhausting…and I swear to the Kamis, if I have one more boy, I'm going to scream! I'm waiting for them to start preschool and start groping the other girls.”
 
Kagome giggled and walked into the hut behind Sango. “Why can I see you having to spend almost every other day in with the principal?”
 
Sango regarded her dead panned. “Because they're Miroku's kids with my attitude?”
 
“That is true; man, they can grope the girls and bully the boys…sounds like Kyoto is in for some major trouble!”
 
Kagome turned to Rin and rubbed her shoulders. “How are the girls? They're…seven months…now?”
 
Rin nodded. “They're great. We left them with our nanny…she's so good with them. Sesshy hired her on two months before I had them, and spent nearly every waking hour watching this poor woman. But it worked out for the best because we really got to know and trust her.”
 
Kagome wrinkled her nose. “The girls must be having screaming fits without you there.”
 
Rin shrugged, “they have to get used to the fact that I won't always be there. Regan was a little more reserved when we left then Saiyuri was. Saiyuri tried to raise the dead! I swear we could hear her outside the hotel.” Chuckling airily, she took in the confused look on Kagome's face. “I didn't leave them in New York, sweetie; they're back at the hotel!”
 
Kagome gasped, “You brought them with you?” A smile broke out across her face, “you mean I can see my nieces?”
 
Sango quickly added, “And nephews.”
 
Kagome smiled, hugging her two friends and squealing like a teenager. “I can't believe it!”
 
Rin pushed a piece of Kagome's hair behind her ears and pointed into the hut. “Come on, this is your wedding day. Let's make the most of this!”
 
Kagome smiled, turned around, and froze. Hanging on the far wall was her mother's wedding dress. Kagome took two steps towards the dress, idly letting her fingers dance over the simple satin material, as if making sure that the plain dress in front of her was truly the one she had always dreamed of wearing. With a startled cry, she turned to her friends with tears glistening in her eyes. “How did you get this dress?”
 
“Because I brought it with me.”
 
Kagome spun back around as her mother walked out from behind the large mirror that rested in the center of the room. With a cry, Kagome launched herself into her mother's arms. “Oh Mama…”
 
Kauai hugged her daughter, a matching set of tears filling her chocolate orbs. “Oh Kagome…you look so beautiful! So much healthier!”
 
Kagome held onto her mother's hands, whimpering with tears streaming down her cheeks. Turning to her friends, she let out a strange laugh. “I can't believe you two! You both knew?”
 
Rin shrugged while Sango looked at the floor, both with smug smiles wrapping around their faces.
 
Kagome huffed once then hugged her mother again. “Mama…I'm so happy you're here!”
 
Kauai stroked Kagome's hair, whispering for her daughter to calm down. “We can't have you all blotchy for your wedding, now can we?”
 
Kagome pulled away from her mother, a small frown tugging at her ruby lips. “Mama…is it okay that we marry on the beach? I know it isn't a temple…”
 
Kauai laughed and waved her hand in dismissal of the idea. “Don't say that, Kagome…it's a marvelous idea and such a great location! InuYasha has been beside himself setting this all up for the last month.”
 
Kagome felt herself smile in spite of the tears. With a tone that completely contradicted her words, she chided, “That jerk…”
 
Sango walked over to where she and Rin had their brides' maid dresses and took them down from the hanger. The dresses fit the islands nicely, perfect for the beach front wedding. It had taken serious coordination on the two girls' parts, but together they had found, sized and received two dresses that matched in style. The dresses reached right below the girls' knees and were strapless. The colors however were different; Rin's was light baby blue with a spray of dark blue flowers and some light greens tossed in while Sango's was the color of the sunset, a beautiful peach with dark and light pink flowers interwoven across the design.
 
Bringing the two dresses down from their garment bags, Sango reminded Kagome of one thing. “It's that jerk that orchestrated this entire event, Kagome. To be honest, I was half sure that this was going to fall apart. But…he made it work. Somehow InuYasha really pulled this off.”
 
Rin placed her finger over Kagome's lips, smiling as the girl finally stopped crying tears of happiness. “Come on now, we got lots to do and hardly enough time to do it. We're doing makeup first and then moving from there! Now smile girl, you're getting married!”
 
X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X**XX**XX*
 
Arriving back at the beach, Kagome was nearly beside herself when she saw what they had done to the empty beach side; apparently the boys had been busy. A row of candles, safely lit in little lanterns, illuminated the walkway beside a delicate white runner that lay over sand peacefully. Following the runner with her eyes, Kagome gasped audibly as tears pricked at the corners of her eyes. The runner ended right under a beautiful wicker archway; intertwined in the white twists of the arch were lush green vines that followed the bends of the wood, laced as well with Bird of Paradise flowers.
 
Behind the archway stood Miroku, dressed in a tux with a white collar, staring up at the girls' with a pleased smile on his face. In front of Miroku stood InuYasha, who had yet to notice the girl's arrival. His back was to them, as he stood staring out at the ocean, his hands buried in the pants pockets of his black tux. His hair was tied back in a braid that hung loosely at the back of his neck. He was barefoot with the bottom of his pants rolled up to his ankles, and the front of his suit was open and fluttering behind him in the light wind. Next to InuYasha stood Sesshoumaru, dressed meticulously in a black tux with his eyes on his brother's back.
 
So enamored with everything her future husband had planned and done, she hardly took notice to the shadow that cast over her until warm breath brushed over her ear.
 
“You look beautiful, Kagome.”
 
Kagome spun around and squealed once, lunging into her future stepfather's arms. Hugging Ryen tightly, she willed herself not to cry; probably one of the hardest tasks of her life. They had all known that this was to come; it had all been a set up from the minute InuYasha had booked the tickets…down to the minute he pulled her onto that decrepit little airplane held together by duck tape. Swallowing hard and staring up lovingly at the older Youkai, she stuttered, “How…what...you're here also? You knew?”
 
Ryen wrapped his arms around Kagome, laughing as the girl nearly choked on her feeble attempts not to cry at the surprise. “Come on, Kags…you mean you really thought I would let your mother travel across the Pacific Ocean by herself?” Catching her chin with two fingers, he smiled warmly, “not to mention, I wouldn't miss my step-daughter's wedding. You're family to me, Kagome…whether or not I marry your mother…I'll always see you as a daughter.”
 
Kagome's lips quivered as she smiled graciously at the demon. Sniffing once, she hugged Ryen again. “I'm so glad that my mom found you…I know you'll take care of her!”
 
With a deep inhalation of fresh salt air, she turned her attention back to the upcoming ceremony. Her eyes fell to the beautiful walkway that was going to officially join her life and the life of the man of her dreams. Turning so quickly that her hair snapped in the wind, Kagome's eyes latched onto Ryen's. She quickly blurted out, “will you walk me down the isle?”
 
Ryen laughed quietly and ran a hand through his cropped white hair. Sighing dramatically he shrugged, as if she had asked him to bring her the world. “I guess so.” Dipping down to kiss her cheek, he added, “It would be my honor, Kagome.”
 
Kagome giggled and hugged his waist. “Thank you…for everything.” Kagome understood…as she had for a long time…that Ryen had played a very supportive role in her and InuYasha's relationship; he had been there from the start to keep InuYasha in line, in school, and out of trouble where Kagome could not. He had supported the boy as their father had never been able to, and had stood by their sides through the hardest times of their lives. Kagome also knew deep down that Ryen had never given up hope in their relationship, even when both she and InuYasha had. And deep in her heart, she also knew that Ryen had played a much larger role in keeping InuYasha safe when he was home in Japan without her; and for that she would be forever grateful.
 
Kagome's mother flanked to her other side, pausing quickly to kiss Ryen chastely before taking Kagome's left arm. “Is it okay if both parents walk you down the isle?”
 
Kagome sniffed once, leaning in to plant a kiss on her mother's cheek. “Oh mama…of course!”
 
Rin sniffed and dabbed her eyes, before turning glassy orbs on her friend. “I haven't cried this much since the girls' were born…and the wedding hasn't even started.”
 
Sango's eyes danced past Rin's as her smile widened. “Oh…yes it has.”
 
Rin turned and glanced down the tiny embankment. InuYasha had turned to look over his right shoulder, and he must have just caught sight of Kagome. His eyes were widened with what only could be an emotion understood by someone in love; it was one of the softest and yet most heated expressions Rin had ever seen grace the man's face. His eyes softened as he turned fluidly to face the bride-to-be, his hands coming to hang limply by his sides as his mouth worked on mute to find some word to describe what he was seeing.
 
To InuYasha, it was as if he was seeing an angel. Dressed in a simple and yet elegant white dress, the girl of his dreams stared down at him. The setting sun reflected off her raven locks, shining about her head like an angel's halo. For a moment, InuYasha pondered if he had truly died and gone to heaven.
 
A bright flash completed blinded him.
 
Bankotsu grinned at his friend, a camera in hand, then turned and took a picture aimed up the hill. Allowing the tiny silver contraption to slip back into his pants pocket, he chuckled deeply. “You know man…you seriously look like a fish out of water. Close your mouth or you'll swallow a bug.”
 
InuYasha's mouth moved silently but his eyes remained focused on Kagome. It was as if the air had been knocked from his lungs. `By the Gods, she's gorgeous! Someone tell me how I got so lucky!'
 
From the top of the hill, Kagome issued the boy a tiny wave of her hand. The look he was giving her was enough to destroy all barriers, all exteriors and everything she had ever felt before in her life. His gaze burrowed into her soul and rebuilt her body, her mind and her heart out of his love and the promises that lay unhindered in his eyes. He was offering her the world, and she knew herself a fool not to take it. This time…this time while he bared his soul to her, she would accept everything…and give him her all in return.
 
A gentle tune erupted from behind the archway, composed of what sounded like about three Ryuteki flutes, two Kotos and two Shakuhachis, with a very light but intricate Wakaido drum. Together these instruments harmonized in a very beautiful rendition of Etenraku, an age old wedding song she had come to know by heart.
 
InuYasha slipped from his hill by the water to stand by his brother, his molten eyes never once leaving Kagome's. Swallowing hard, he came to rest in front of Sesshoumaru, standing between his kin and his best friend. Reaching out, never truly noticing how his hand trembled, he patted Bankotsu twice on his right shoulder. “I never thanked you for taking the time to make…”
 
Bankotsu soundly cut him off. “And you never will have to. Now get your ass up to Miroku and fuckin' get married.” He smirked despite his undertone comment, “fuckin' jerk…leaving me in the bachelor's world alone.”
 
InuYasha relaxed visibly, as if Bankotsu's obsessive need for cursing, while even in the most serene tranquility, had somehow calmed him. With a deep breath, he walked to Sesshoumaru and placed a hand on his shoulder. Looking his older half brother in the eyes, he struggled to find the right words. “Sesshoumaru…I…”
 
Sesshoumaru couldn't fight down the twitch of his lips, which slid into a faint smile at his brother's uncomfortable disposition, then placed his opposite hand on his brother's shoulder. “Save your voice; I'm sure you'll soon enough need it to be back-talking your way out of pissing off Kagome.”
 
InuYasha smirked, but his eyes never changed. For the first time in his life that he could recall, he was looking on his brother in the utmost respect his body could muster. “I owe you my life, Sesshoumaru…that will never change. And I've never gotten the nerve to tell you how much I always wanted to grow up to be like you, when we were little…even when you were being a bastard. I respect you, and I…I love ya, man.”
 
Sesshoumaru shook his head slightly, the faint smile turning into a grin. “You're not dying, InuYasha…I suggest you say nothing you will want to take back later.”
 
InuYasha smiled and pushed against his brother's shoulder, then turned to face Miroku, their ordained priest for the evening. As he began speaking with his brother, the two best men found their way to the beginning of the runner to meet the bridal party.
 
Looking over his best friend of eight years tux, InuYasha smiled. “I still can't believe I'm letting you…of all people…marry us.” How was it that he still could easily remember Miroku donning a Linkin park sweatshirt with baggy cargos, stepping out of Kaede's office and into his life as his best friend? The careless days of their senior year with the girls flashing through his mind, as a very tranquil emotion washed over the hanyou. He missed those carefree years, but nothing excited him more then the thoughts of the years to come that he would spend with Kagome; the rest of their lives. The Hood that Miroku had once been, so many years before, now stood before him a different man; a married man…a father. `Have that many years truly gone by?'
 
Miroku smiled sincerely at the man in front of him. “Careful how you tread, InuYasha…or I shall endeavor to switch religions, become Mormon, and marry Kagome into my family.” He could read the emotions playing across his best friends face as he reached out and patted InuYasha's back.
 
If InuYasha hadn't been in such a great mood, he probably would have pummeled the man. Instead, he laughed. “I'm sure Sango would love that, Miro.” His eyes flashed a grateful smile that contradicted the sarcasm.
 
Miroku silently nodded his head, as his eyes sought out his wife's. “Speaking of…”
 
The bridal march had begun. Sango walked first down the wooden planks of the embankment to reach the beginning of the white runner. Bankotsu stepped up to meet her, capturing her left arm around his hooked right. With a peaceful smile to the female, he escorted her up the isle to the beautiful hymns of the elegant Japanese music.
 
Rin was next, carrying a bouquet of beautiful birds of paradise and white oleanders. Linking arms with her husband, she smiled up to the man who she had walked a similar walk, granted in the opposite direction, more then five years prior. “I love you…” She mouthed up to her lover.
 
Sesshoumaru simply dipped his head and kissed her cheek in response. Reaching the end of the isle, Rin pushed herself onto her tippy-toes and kissed InuYasha's cheek. With a smile that reached her eyes, she stepped off the white runner to stand next to Sango.
 
It wasn't until Kagome reached the bottom of the runner that she realized that they actually had some guests. Karron, Bankotsu's fiancé apparently, stood in the second isle along with Eri, Kohaku, their son Yukio. On the other side was Kouga, Aayme and their two daughters Kora and Saiyuri. In the first isle were Souta and Yuka, along with a few family friends and men from work that InuYasha had become close with.
 
With a hard swallow and a rasp cough, Kagome's eyes locked onto her lovers. The minute she took her first step onto the white runner, the tears began to stream down her cheeks. Each step felt surreal; the sand parted underneath her foot, shifting to the side, causing a flicker in the tiny candles that lined the walkway. The sky, a brilliant mix of pinks, blues, and oranges, held that beautiful crimson ball of fire in a cradle, setting it gently into the beautiful sparkling sea. The wind swirled around Kagome, interweaving through her hair like fingers, kissing her cheek gently and carrying away her tears. It was within that moment that she could feel her father's eyes on her, and the warmth of his embrace. He was here with her…not in body but in spirit. But it was not only him; it was all those that they had loved and lost in her family. Turning her head out towards the ocean, Kagome could just about make out the figures of her father and her grandfather standing side by side on the beach, a smile gracing both their pale faces. Yet like dust in the wind, the mirage blew away, but the memory remained.
 
Glancing to her right, she saw a very similar emotion playing in her mother's eyes, as a single tear strode down the woman's cheek. `She feels him as well; she knows he's here with us.' Tightening her hold on her mother's hand, Kagome relied on her mother's strength to keep her walking.
 
Everything became a haze of tears as she reached the end of the isle. Kagome's mother reached out and pulled her daughter into a tight hug, before kissing her on both cheeks with a mumbled blessing that would make her grandfather proud. She then turned to her right and kissed Ryen on his cheeks. She knew she would never stop the flow of tears now and simply decided to smile in spite of the waterworks.
 
Ryen took her left hand in his and turned to face his nephew. Grabbing the man's right hand, he brought the two limbs together. Pressing Kagome's hand into InuYasha's, Ryen backed away, patted his nephew on his back once, then took Kauai's hand and led the weeping woman to her seat.
 
InuYasha watched the two settle down before turning his eyes on his bride. Seeing the tears the fell from her eyes nearly destroyed his resolve. Trembling once more, he brought his right hand to her face and gently wiped away her tears. Lowering his forehead to hers, he whispered gently, “baby…it's all right. Don't cry.”
 
Kagome sniffled once and kissed InuYasha lightly on the nose. “I know…” sniffing again, she gently ran her thumbs under her eyes. “I'm sorry…”
 
InuYasha smiled and ran his hand down her cheek. “Let's do this.”
 
Kagome nodded vigorously, her eyes never breaking from his. As long as she was in his golden gaze, she could hold back the tears…or at least she could try harder. Mustering her resolve, she turned her eyes to Miroku…and nearly burst out laughing. Looking from Miroku to InuYasha quite a few times, she wiped her cheek and muttered, “I should have seen this coming.” How it was that she had completely missed Miroku standing behind the alter instead of next to it was beyond her. `Trust my husband to have a letch marry us.'
 
Miroku smiled at the girl then inclined his head for a small bow. Looking up, he settled on a rather different approach to the service. “I've know these two for what feels like an eternity…and I'm sure many can say the same. But the love that surrounds them is so potent, that when you're not looking, it rubs off on all those who walk with them. Without each of these two wonderful individuals, I'm sure a lot of us would not be here today. I can speak for myself when I say that.
 
“so tonight, with all of you, with the memories of those we loved, and with the sun and the moon as our witnesses, we shall allow this love to be joined forever in the sharing of rings; a tiny materialistic object that holds no value on its own…but when paired with another so similar, you would be shocked to see the magic that can be born. Though this couple was bound by the heavens and the gods themselves to be together, it's been a rough road. It took heartbreak to separate them…and even more to reunite them. But from this…maybe we all can learn a little something about what true love really is. From the book of Corinthians thirteen, we have learned the meaning of love. “If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.'
 
To me, I grew up doubting these teachings…since it was not the Buddhist faith, nor could I understand exactly what it was stating. I ignored it, pretended like I understood love,” Stealing a glimpse at Sango, Miroku smiled. “Then I met my wife…and learned the hard way just how true these words are. And sometimes…our minds fog, and we lose sight of what love really is…or we think we know, when we cannot truly fathom what love is. But it has always been through these two, InuYasha and Kagome that I've seen the greatest of all miracles happen.
 
“Today, we gather here to unite these two in holy matrimony…”
 
X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X**X*X*
((Written to the song Champagne Supernova by Oasis))
 
InuYasha took Kagome's hand, a smile slipping to his lips as he pulled her out the back door of the house that they had rented to hold the reception at. Walking down the small embankment to the white sand beach, he laced his fingers between hers and smiled at her warmly.
 
Kagome blushed, her fingers gliding between his as they slowly walked down the wet sand, their feet buried under the incoming tide. The water was warm, even in the winter months, and it sent shivers up Kagome's spine. Glancing behind her at the fading light of the giant mansion, she found them being led by starlight on their journey.
 
Walking maybe a few hundred feet down the beach, InuYasha paused and pulled Kagome to his side. Wrapping a single arm around her waist, he fisted his right hand into her hair and kissed her deeply. It was a kiss of passion, a kiss of necessity; one shared only by two joined souls. Running his thumb down her cheek, he smiled into her glimmering eyes. “I can't believe…” he paused and then wrapped his other hand around her waist and hoisted her into the air. Spinning her once, their laughed broke the silence of the night. “I can't believe we're married!”
 
Kagome held up her feet, bent at the knees, as InuYasha spun her, her laugh bellowing from her lips. She wasn't shocked when he brought her towards his chest and crashed his lips upon hers. She welcomed it; slipping her tongue into his mouth at the first moment she could. Indulging in the taste that was distinctly InuYasha, she smiled as he battled her for a moment, then pulled away and kissed her nose. She turned and stretched into the night air before straightening her back and falling towards her lover.
 
InuYasha caught her in an instant, as she knew he would, then caught on and slowly sunk into the sand, placing his wife between his legs. Kagome leaned back, using his chest as a back rest, and put her head on his shoulder.
 
Staring up into the sky, Kagome found herself mesmerized by the patterns of stars that were not visible back home in California…or Tokyo. It was only here on these islands that she could ever find this tranquility. “So what now, lover?”
 
InuYasha's gaze melted into her as he studied her features. He could stare at her all day, he realized, and never be bored. Bringing his fingers to her cheek, he gently traced the contour of her bone. “I don't know, baby…what do you want to do?”
 
Kagome shook her head, lowering her eyes from the heavens to find her own personal haven in InuYasha's eyes. “That's not what I meant. I mean…what are we going to do with our lives? Do you want to return to California? Do you want to go back to Japan?”
 
InuYasha shrugged, pressing his lips to her forehead. “I'll follow you baby…wherever you want to go. Just say the word, and we're there.”
 
Kagome smiled and brushed his bangs from his face. His molten eyes glowed like a live fire, flickering with just as much vigor as the hot flames. “And I you…so we're facing a catch twenty-two if you ask me.”
 
InuYasha smiled and kissed her eyelids. “Do you like it here?”
 
Kagome nodded, her hand playing with his silver tresses. “I adore it…but it gets too crowded come the summer months or so I'm told…with tourism. I don't think I could live here permanently.”
 
InuYasha shrugged and hugged Kagome closer to his chest. “Well then…why not this? We'll get a summer home in the countryside in Japan…and use this as our winter place.”
 
Kagome's dimples shone through the wide smile. “Baby…we don't need to do that. I would love to be home, to see mom and Souta more…but I don't want to miss out on seeing Rin and Sesshoumaru as well.”
 
InuYasha kissed her forehead once more, his hands resting on her abdomen. “Well…see…that won't be so much of a problem…in the winter.”
 
Kagome's forehead wrinkled in confusion as she turned to stare up at her husband. “What are you talking about?”
 
InuYasha smiled and turned Kagome to straddle his hips. Kissing her cheeks, he muttered between moving his face from one side to the other, “you see…this mansion…it's my wedding gift to you.”
 
Kagome's eyes widened as she tore her gaze away from the golden orbs of lava to stare back at the giant three story house. It was beautiful, fully furnished, and spacious…and it was theirs? Swallowing hard, she couldn't contain the slight squeal that slipped from her lips. Turning her head back to InuYasha, she looked him square in the eyes. “You bought us a house?”
 
InuYasha had been hesitant to tell her now…for fear that she would be upset…but seeing the look of absolute joy on her face, he couldn't help but divulge the secret. “Yes…I did. But that's not the best part.”
 
Kagome's mouth dropped open as he turned and pointed at a few other open spots of land on the beach end. It was open property that looked like someone was prepping it to build. Whipping her head back to InuYasha, her eyes gleamed in curiosity in the moonlight. “What…what is that?”
 
“It's where there will be another two houses constructed. Two permits for the homes have already been purchased…and the houses will be up by May.”
 
Kagome furrowed her brows, staring at her mate. “Two…more homes? But why do we need…”
 
InuYasha chuckled, then leaned forward and kissed her ruby lips. “They aren't for us, Koi…” he muttered against the satin appendages.
 
Kagome's eyes widened as she pulled her head away from InuYasha. “You mean…?” She couldn't help how her tone escalated until a near high pitch whine.
 
InuYasha laughed at her sudden eagerness. She looked like a child on Christmas morning…not that she didn't' deserve to. Had he had it his way, he would have served her the world on a golden platter. “Yes, baby…The first permit is owned by one Sesshoumaru Taisho, and the second by a Miroku Tokunowa.”
 
Kagome couldn't help the tears that suddenly broke dam and flowed down her cheeks. Lunging at her husband, she knocked them both backwards into the wet sand. “Oh Inu…”
 
InuYasha placed both hands on her hips and sealed his lips against hers, enjoying the feeling of complete bliss that washed over him, like the ocean did their feet.
 
“Starting the honeymoon early, I see…shall we come back later?”
 
Kagome broke away from her husband for a moment to meet the amused stare of both Miroku and Sango, hand in hand, staring down at them from a few feet up on a dune. “No…not yet. Come…sit with us.”
 
Miroku helped Sango down the dune, smiling as they interwove their fingers together, and walked through the wet sand to their friends. Taking seats next to them, Sango rested herself sideways in Miroku's lap. Miroku brushed her hair from her face and smiled at the couple. “So…welcome to the married life. It ain't half bad.”
 
InuYasha turned Kagome in his lap to once more sit between his legs. Wrapping his arms around her, he kissed the side of his neck while answering his friend, “no…it's not bad at all.”
 
Sango laughed and pushed Kagome's shoulder a little at the girl's light blush. “Just wait until you're pregnant and craving ice cream and cheese. That will test his patience, trust you me.”
 
Kagome made a face then kissed her husband. “Oh, I believe it.”
 
Miroku hugged Sango tighter and sighed happily. “so…I hear that you're getting these annoying neighbors down here…always making ruckus and shit, don't know how to keep their mouths shut and are always in your business.”
 
InuYasha smirked at his friend. “Yeah…well…that's my brother for you.”
 
“It's better then a foul mouthed hanyou who can't keep it in his pants…even in public.”
 
The four turned to stare at the third couple who walked down the beach to join them. InuYasha scoffed in indignation and hugged Kagome tigher, “So…just don't let your kids into our backyard and you'll be fine.”
 
Sesshoumaru plopped down into the sand next to InuYasha and pulled Rin into his lap. Very quickly wrapping his arms around his mate, he stared at his brother in mocked scorn, “if my daughters come home with foul language taught to them by their uncle…”
 
InuYasha scoffed once and looked away from Sesshoumaru, “ain't my fault if the kids are smart…they get that from Rin.”
 
Rin laughed and reached across Sesshoumaru's chest to flick InuYasha's right ear. “And they are as stubborn as their father! So you better be ready to deal with them.”
 
InuYasha laughed suddenly, slapping a hand to his face. “Just think it, Sesshiles…soon, you're daughters will be playing with Miroku's sons. I wonder what will happen there.”
 
Sesshoumaru blanched…actually lost color in his face, for a brief moment before leaning forward, around his mate, to stare at the reformed-hentai. “If your sons touch my daughters…I cannot be held responsible for my actions!”
 
Sango laughed and glanced happily at Rin. “We could be in-laws one day!”
 
Kagome joined the girl's laugher as the boy's bickered over the topic for a few minutes. Finally, Kagome lifted her eyes to the heavens and asked, “do you guys think, that somewhere up there, someone planned this for us? That they put us through all that shit, so many years ago, so that we would end up here?”
 
Rin frowned slightly, pondering over Kagome's thought. She put her hand on Sesshoumaru's, which was slightly squeezing her arm for support. “You know…I have a lot of girls ask me that everyday at the clinic. They talk to me about what they've gone through, and wonder `why me' or `what does it mean'? I've always told them that though it may be dark now, that there is always some light and something to be learned.” With a sigh, she turned her eyes to her friend. “I don't think I would be half the person I am now, if Naraku hadn't of done what he did. I would never of opened the clinic for teenage rape victims or started the support groups.” Bringing her head to Sesshoumaru's chest, she smiled softly. “You wouldn't believe the number of people who come in to simply talk to someone. Sometimes we get those who want help, who rely in us for it…but we have so many come to simply talk. We've helped so many get back on their feet with just words and a few suggestions…”
 
Kagome smiled and patted Rin's knee, her eyes watering in memories. “It's amazing Rin, what you've made. The centers have been popping up everywhere, and I heard a few universities are thinking of opening clinics right on campus.”
 
Rin nodded her smile fading. “If they hadn't of forced me into that group, I don't think I would have ever of considered the option of a retreat for people who have been through abuse…but I see how much it helps in the faces of those who come. And honest, if I can help one person with the knowledge that I have, then it's been worth it.”
 
Kagome nodded, reaching out and capturing one of Rin's hands in hers. “We're proud of you, Rin.”
 
Rin smiled and looked up at Sesshoumaru. “Well…I wouldn't have been able to manage if it weren't for my attorney, accountant, sponsor, and lover; I'm telling you, package deals are the best.” She reached up for a chaste kiss with Sesshoumaru before resettling in his arms.
 
Kagome smiled, her eyes turning to the land where the two houses were to be built. “So…we'll all be here?”
 
InuYasha nodded, “From December to February…it shall be our winter getaway spot.”
 
Miroku rubbed his head, his eyes laughing lightly. “Unlike some of you slackers, some of us do have to work.”
 
InuYasha cast a glower at his friend before patting him on the back. “Bullshit, Miroku…you know that you tell Ryen that you need three months off, he'll find a way to give it to you. Besides…we all know you can buy your own country with the fortune you possess.”
 
Miroku blushed sheepishly…maybe it was true, and maybe this would be a great place for him to bring Sango to simply get away. He had always wanted to live on a beach. Turning to throw a smile at InuYasha, his eyes latched onto Sango's and he faltered. “Is this what you want, Sango; a place to be with your friends for a few months?”
Sango smiled and leaned back into her husband. “I think our children could get along well with Sesshoumaru's…and hopefully if our other pair chooses the path of little ones…”
 
Kagome nearly choked on the air and InuYasha sputtered, he being the first to articulate words. “Whoa, wench…we just got married, that in itself is a big accomplishment. The hell we are gonna start talkin' about pups!”
 
Rin glanced at her friends, her hands fiddling with the ends of Sesshoumaru's hair. “Sango…we really could be in-laws!”
 
Sango reached over and gave Rin a high-five. “I say it's a plan.”
 
Kagome squealed and sat forward from InuYasha's embrace. “So you're going to do it…we'll really be together three months out of the year?”
 
Sango and Rin nodded, and then broke into a fit of giggles. Sango rubbed her eyes and laughed loudly. “I can't believe we're still acting like a bunch of high school chicks. We're twenty seven, for crying out loud!”
 
InuYasha and the other two stared on in mute trepidation, not daring to interrupt the girls' `session'.
 
“What's with all the fuckin' laughin and why the hell wasn't I invited to the pow-wow?”
 
Six heads turned to welcome the seventh adopted member of their party. InuYasha reached back to exchange gentle blows with the other member of the bridal party.
 
Dropping into the sand behind InuYasha, Bankotsu made himself cozy, stretching out before bellowing out a deep yawn. “You guys do know that your party is going on…without you.” Taking a side glance at Miroku, he punched the boy in the shoulder with hardly any power behind it. “It seems to be a trait in this group…getting the `honeymoon' started early.” Suddenly seeming strangely out of place and somewhat put off, the boy sat up straight. “Hey…I'm not interrupting any like…mass orgy…am i? Cause if you guys are swapping wives…I'm going to be very upset that no one informed me…”
 
A yelp punctuated the sentence as both InuYasha and Sesshoumaru turned their fists on the man. Leaving him with two very sore shoulders and a aching kidney, Bankotsu nodded twice. “Got it…not swingers…”
 
Kagome giggled gently and touched InuYasha's hand lightly. “Don't abuse the poor confused man…I'm sure Karron beats on him enough for all of us.”
 
Bankotsu waggled his eyebrows before dropping into the sand on his back, “you bet she does.”
 
InuYasha shook his head with a gentle scoff. “Fuckin' sadist!”
 
Miroku chimed in at the same point, “and you say I'm bad.”
 
Rin laughed and hugged her body closer to Sesshoumaru. “You guys…we're…all…married now, do you realize that?”
 
Sango shook her head and sighed. “I would never of thought, in a hundred years that we would be here, like this, married to these…slackers.”
 
“Oi!”
 
Sango reached over and ruffled InuYasha's hair. “Get over it, you know it's true.”
 
Rin smiled briefly then glanced up at Sesshoumaru. Swiping his bangs from his eyes, she stared deep into his molten eyes, enjoying just how he could still make her feel like the only other person on the earth with a single gaze. “I knew.” She turned her attention by force to the other girls. “I always knew it would be like this…at least I prayed that I would be.”
 
Kagome smiled softly at the woman. “I guess you're right…it was always there.”
 
Miroku shook his head, a nostalgic laugh bubbling from his mouth. “I still remember InuYasha back talking you two into the first date…when our lives changed forever…where we really understood who our friends were.” Extending his arm, he patted InuYasha on the back as Bankotsu sat up to lean over InuYasha's other shoulder. “If it weren't for you, my friend, there is a chance that I would never of married my beautiful wife…the mother of my children…and the love of my life.”
 
Bankotsu dabbed his eyes, chalking it up to alligator tears. “That's just so…so…beautiful!”
 
None of the seven adults were ready for the blinding flash that engulfed them from the front…or even more so for a second one. All blinking from the rapid shift of lighting, most were completely dumbfounded as to what just happened.
 
“Now that's one for the books.”
 
InuYasha rubbed his eyes lazily, growling as he did so. “Way to turn on the sun, Ryen…thanks a fuckin' bunch.”
 
Ryen lowered the camera and frowned at his nephew. “Unless you want `Fuck' to be the first word your pup ever says, I would highly suggest you start curbing that mouth of yours now.”
 
“Keh.”
 
Miroku checked on Sango for her vision status, before looking up at Ryen. “No…the child will only scoff for the first three years of its life; that will be its first audible interaction.”
 
InuYasha extended his middle finger, aimed at both men, before shaking his head and planting a series of quiet kisses along Kagome's jaw.
 
Ryen stuffed his hands into the pockets of his duster, along with the camera, and turned to stare out into the ocean. “So…what now? You guys have seriously conquered it all…more then anyone I know. And to be honest, I'm shocked and proud.”
 
Sesshoumaru scoffed, curling Rin into his chest tighter as he stared at his uncle. “Indeed…but as for the illogical question of `what now'…well, I guess as it has always been said; only time will tell.”
 
Kagome smiled up at the demon from her perch in InuYasha's lap. “Apparently we're all moving here for winter months.”
 
Ryen nodded, “so I've heard.”
 
InuYasha scoffed and shook his head. “You make it seem like the world is ending, old man.”
 
Ryen glanced back at the ground shrouded in darkness. That was how it began…wasn't it? Shrouded in darkness they became their own light…they fought through what they couldn't understand…they defeated what threatened to consume them…and they were victorious. It had taken Ryen many months to be able to sleep soundly again, after the last confrontation with Naraku, only because he feared that Naraku's vengeance would be extracted when they weren't ready. But as he realized then, and as he did now…this group, these six completely different individuals who had bound themselves together in friendship and now in marriage; they could take on the world...and win.
 
Shoving his hands into the pockets of his trousers, Ryen smiled. “No…I have a feeling, InuYasha…that it is just beginning.”
 
X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X**X*X
 
::hides from rocks:: I am so sorry it's taken three months to write this!!! It's been the hardest thing yet for me to do…to actually get out the end. It's like closing a book of my life…but anyway…here you go. A shout out to all my lovelies and all my friends…thanks for reading!!!
 
 
To see Sango and Rin's bridesmaid dresses, go here. http://www.modernbride.com/images/dressfinder/dresses/AA_61 29_L.jpg
Kagome's wedding dress- http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/hawaiianweddingshop_1879_71680600