InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Darkness Within Our Hearts... ❯ In My Dreams. Part 1 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Note: This is mostly a Rei chapter.

---------------------------------------------------------------- ---

In My Dreams. Part 1

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----

The shichintai walked down the dirt road, with Bankotsu leading the way.

Jakotsu looked at Bankotsu and asked a simple question. "Bankotsu no aniki. Where are we going now?"

Bankotsu continued walking, giving Jakotsu an answer with an aggressive tone in his voice. "We're heading to the next village!! And we'll slaughter the crap outta them!!"

Jakotsu jumped back to the other Shichintai. "Holy cow! I've never seen him so mad before!!" The cross-dresser whispered.

"Beats me." Suikotsu replyed.

"Maybe he's mad because Inuyasha saved him from that girls attack..." Renkotsu guessed.

"Hey! What are you guys mumbling about back there?! Your starting to really piss me off!!" Bankotsu growled, giving no eye contact to his commrads.

Renkotsu try to reason with the young leader. "But Oo-aniki-" But was cut off by the shorter man.

"Shut up."

( -.- )

**

Anika ran down the dirt path in search for new clothes, for herself and Rei, since Anika is a youkai her wounds have already healed, unlike Rei who is human is still injured but went her own way til they meet up later. "Damn that Inuyasha! Ripping up my beautiful clothes! I gotta find new garments now because if people see me walking around in rags and half naked then they'll get the wrong idea!! "

The red headed youkai ran and finally ran into the small village. She jumped and land in the center of the main walk ways.

She raised a finger into the air. "Alright! This is a stick up!! Cooperate and you won't die!!"

**

Rei's POV.

Sigh… how long have I been walking? That thought echoed in my head for quite some time now, so I stopped, taking a good look around. An empty village. One thing for sure, it doesn't look like I'll be meeting any one soon. Sigh… I shook my heavy head, God I feel so tired, and my legs are killing me, I could use a break, but then if I stop now, I won't get to the next village nearby, I need to get there before sundown, and the sun had started to set already.

With a frown, I took in a deep breath, I felt my throat dry and my lungs shriveled and stiff, I need a rest. O' well, who's keeping track, anyway? I arched a brow, simply walked a few steps ahead, finally finding a nice spot to rest for the night. The place I'm at right now looks like rubbles of an old temple of some sort, it's huge, wide and with many dark spots. With rats and snakes I bet. I frowned, I'd better not stay here long.

The spot was a nice little bench with a nice, but weathered, puny seat. I hit it a few times with my hand, making all the dust go up, and made myself sneeze. With a frown, I saw that the bench was awfully dirty. No way am I sitting on that! With a snort I looked around once more, and then I saw a nice, huge tree. When I walked closer to it, it was old, half way dead, but it still had a few leaves on it, and since its summer, I say this tree is dying.

Never the less, I sat down, relieving my feet from the weight. God that felt good. A slight smile curved on my lips. Whatever, it's not like anyone is watching. I thought to myself, relaxed under the cool shade. I opened my eyes to stare aside of me, the rubble seemed awful, as if a war had gotten in there and then ran like hell right through the walls. The walls were like a paper door, all full of holes and such, some with signs of those new riffles that came in recently.

"Pretty damp tonight…" I muttered to myself, perhaps this tree is the only comfy spot in miles.

I drew in a deep breath, and then closed my eyes, only to notice that when I arched back my neck, a stray bang tickled my nose. With a startled snort, I blinked at it, frowned, and then forked it back, tucking it. Feeling my hair, stroking it with my fingertips, I noted that it was going bad. I need a shower. I thought, for a second, but then again, where am I gonna find a shower in the middle of nowhere? This isn't the kind of time era that has showerd yet!!

Something rustled, and the sound caught my attention.

Quickly popping up to my feet, hand on the swords hilt, I glared straight ahead, only to be greeted my nothing, nothing at all. Huh? Confused, I kept my pose for a second, and then the rustle came back.

"It's coming from inside…?" I muttered, staring into a huge hole in the wall in front of my sight.

The wall was huge and oddly still in one piece, despite the big hole in the middle, it looked as if like a huge bull rammed through it or something. There was the faintest sign of a light, like a candle light, flickering with the unfelt breeze. Whatever this thing is, it's inside the house rubbles. Should I go and see, or should I ignore it?

Personally, I'll ignore it. It would do me no good to be curious, anyway.

With that, I ignored the rustling and turned back to the tree, my feet still hurt and I need a brake, I'm not going to wear myself out for something stupidly annoying.

That is… until someone giggled…

I blinked twice, and then turned to the huge hole in the wall once more, but this time, I heard the faint sound of someone giggle, and when I fixed my gaze on it, it quickly twirled back into the hole. Thought the glance was merely a split second, I could tell it was just a child, hardly a ten-year old and her/his clothes were white and black. What the hell is a child doing in such a lonely dump? With a frown, I walked up closer to the hole, and placed my hand on the stone cold wall.

"Hello?" I called, my voice echoed throughout the room.

There was no respond.

I dropped down my hand, thinking that I might have just imagined that, but then the giggling came back, and when I focused into the darkness, I saw a faint light, a faint sign on either a window or a door, I couldn't tell, it was pretty much dark, I couldn't even see if the room had any furniture. Then a shadow dropped its black figure from behind me, a part of it was cast on the wall besides me.

Quickly, I whirled around, unsheathing my sword.

As same as fast, I stopped, a mere millimeter from another child's head.

A droplet of sweat ran cold down my face, trickling down the rim of my chin.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing!" I shouted, horrified of the thought that I could've split his skull.

It was a boy, lovely black hair tied into a little braid and midnight blue eyes, he wore a nice, clean, little white kimono with blue designs. He just blinked up at me, blank and clueless.

"I could've had your head you little piece of shit!" I cried.

Just then he tilted his head a bit, not understanding.

With a groan, I looked up, eye closed and tried to maintain my temper.

He chuckled slightly, but his laugh sounded a bit different than that other one with the black clothes.

I glared down at him, and he was smiling.

Wait a sec… O--;

"Fuck!!!" I widened my eye and nervously edged a step back.

This little freak looks like a baby version of that Bankotsu guy! Only that he 1/3 my size!

"I'm Bankotsu." He smiled, having no idea how his respond gave me a chill.

"I noticed." I gained a sweat drop. Oh, so like, that was such a lame answer, Rei!

"Are you here to stay?" he smiled up at me, his eyes so cute and curious.

"No." I said, barely able to get the chill out of my spine. "I was just leaving." I sheathed my sword and spared him one last glance before walking away.

He had a depressed, sad puppy-dog eyes, "Aw Can't you stay?" he slightly beamed, "I'm lonely."

"Your problem…" I muttered, furthering away.

"Please!" he begged, and I could hear his tiny feet hurry after me, "Would you?"

"Go home…" I muttered, not interested in spending my time with a little whiner.

"But I'm already home." He reasoned.

Huh? I paused, slowed down and then turned to him, "You are?"

"Yeah!" he beamed happily, and then pointed towards the rubble, "That's my home!"

I stared up at the piece of shit he called a home, and then gave him a sarcastic arched brow, "You're kidding me, right?"

"Na-a!" he pouted, and then grabbed my hand, "C'mon! It's prettier from the inside!" he slightly yanked.

"I don't think so." I frowned and pulled my hand, but he attached himself to it, so I found myself pulling him up.

"Whoa!" he chuckled, "You're pretty and strong!" he smiled widely.

Should I take that as a complement? "Whatever." I shook my wrist, and he let go, dropping on his bottom.

"Ow!" he winced in pain, "Hey, that hurt!" he whined and then looked up at me with those cute puppy-dog eyes again.

"Good." I smirked, and then adjusted my collar. "Why don't you go play with that other one inside?" I said, hopefully to keep him away.

"Other one?" he curiously tilted his head, "No one here but me." He said.

"No, there's someone else here, whoever it is, it's wearing black and white, you can't miss it." I cupped my hip.

"Na-a!" Bankotsu frowned, "Nope, Na-a! No one here but me!" he insisted.

"I said there is! If you don't believe me then go inside and check for yourself." I snarled.

He gave me the puppy face again, this time a cute grin attached.

"What?" I asked, oddly feeling strange, "What are you staring at?"

"Could you come with me?" he pleaded, "Please?"

"No!" I snarled, "Stop being such a baby and do it yourself!" I shouted.

Stomping away, I went farther into the land, eventually entering a forest, and then the damp weather started to soak me. Oh-God it's so damp tonight! I reached up and whipped away the sweat, and my hand got soaked as well. Hmm… maybe I should've waited for a second or something, it's so damp here! I thought in regret, and then stood still.

Right through the seventh sky, I heard a scream.