InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Darkness Within Our Hearts... ❯ Devil's Cry. ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
"Inuyasha, you and me...were fated to never meet again..."
-Kikyou.
 
The Darkness Within Our Hearts - Chapter 14: Devil's Cry.
 
The pressure of the wind was hard and furious. It felt as if your bones could be crushed, as if the gravity had been turned up by times 10. Inuyasha and gang screamed as the giant peigin brothers whirlwind attacks crushed their bodies into the ground.
 
Before Inuyasha knew it, the winds died down, he felt his body ached in pain. The hanyou pushed himself up to his feet with the support of his Tetsusaiga, his golden eyes search for his friends, but found them scattered about, and hurt...
 
Inuyasha's eyes widened the moment his gaze laid upon Kagome's body lying on the dirt ground. Unmoving. "K-Kagome!!" Inuyasha immediently ran to her side and wrapped his strong arms around her, and began shaking her slightly. "Kagome. Kagome? Kagome! Come on! Get a hold of yourself, Kagome...!"
 
She didn't reply to Inuyasha's pleades.
 
The half demon gently placed Kagome back down and and turn to face the two giant birds, who still hover in the sky.
 
"How DARE you hurt Kagome!!" Inuyasha growled. "You two chickens--"
 
"Peigins!" Nails corrected.
 
"YOU TURKEYS!! WILL PAY!!" Inuyasha barked back, then swung his monsterous sword in the air, sending golden blasts at the two demon birds. "KAZE NO KIZU!!"
 
The chicke--I mean Peigin brothers barley managed to dodge Inuyasha's attack, but still was able to avoid death. They began to grow furious.
 
"I...Inuyasha..." A voice called to Inuyasha.
 
Inuyasha swirled around. "KAGOME?" But, no. It was actually Miroku calling out to the Hanyou, who now stood on his feet, and began taking off the beads wrapped around his right hand.
 
"I'll take care of them..." Miroku coughed.
 
Inuyasha nodded. "Heh. Be my guest."
 
Miroku smirked at Inuyasha, then put on a serious face after that. "Alright Peigin Brothers!! This...is the end!!"
 
The two birds blinked and turn to each other. "Did you hear that brother?"
 
"Yes." The other nodded. "He...he ACTUALLY called us by our speceis...!"
 
Inuyasha and Miroku both sweatdropped. "What the hell are they mumbling about?" Inuyasha growled.
 
"Uhhh..."
 
"I'm sorry!!" One peigin apologized.
 
"What?"
 
"We're sorry we caused you so much trouble!" The peigin cooed and its wings began to glow a shining white aura. Soon, Sango and Kirara awoke and thier wounds healed, along with Shippo and Kagome.
 
"Kagome!" Inuyasha spoke in surprize.
 
"Good-bye good friends!!" The peigins voice chooed once more and flew off into the distance. "What a nice monk..."
 
Miroku stood there in a daze, his wind tunnel ready, his beads in his left hand, but he didn't get the chance to use it at all. "Wha...what just happened?"
 
oo.
 
Anika jumped back from Sesshomaru, she was losing her breath. "Man, this guy is tough! And he doesn't even flinch! Dammit! I'm running out of ideas and he keeps blocking my attacks..."
 
"Go, Sesshomaru-sama!!" Jaken cheered from behind a rock. "Put that runt in her place!!"
 
"SHUT IT!!" Anika snapped at the smaller demon. She was losing her cool. "Ok...stay calm..." Anika whispered to herself.
 
Sesshomaru who stood in his place, looking unamused and bored. At this point the red headed demon was getting really pissed off!
 
"Hmph." Anika stuck out her bottem lip, she was indeed stubborn. "Well, Sesshu-chan. I think--ahh!!" Anika screamed when she looked into the sky and realized where the sun was. "Oh, man! Have I been playing for THAT long?! I gotta get going!!"
 
"..."
 
Anika began to give a nervous laugh and scratch the back of her head. "Ah, Sesshu-chan...I'd LOVE to play some more but I've got things to do...I'll see ya around."
 
"I'll see ya around?!" Jaken repeated and appeared out from his hiding spot. Anika stuck out her tounge and gave a teasing wink before running off.
 
"AHH!! SHE'S GONE!!" Jaken screamed
 
Rin came out from her hiding spot as well. "What a strange girl..."
 
"Rin. Jaken." Sesshomaru called.
 
"Y-yes?!" They answered.
 
"We're leaving..." Sesshomaru told and began walking to...who-knows-where, with Rin and Jaken following close behind.
 
oo.
 
Bankotsu spun his Banryuu around over his head, his blade slicing into human flesh. He laughed. "They just keep coming and coming!!"
 
"This is so much fun!" Jakotsu chuckled as his serpent sword whipped around his area, killing many men in armor in a blink of an eye.
 
A women hiding in a small shack, trembled in fear as she watched her fellow villagers be killed in an instant. She held a small child close to her, who was seriously injured.
 
"P-please hang on...!" She whispered and tried her best to stop the little boys bleeding. Tears pouring from her beautiful brown eyes. "D-don't die...! I-I'll get a doctor...I-I promise."
 
"Heh heh...I'M a doctor..." A cold dark voice chuckled.
 
The women twirled around and saw a tall man with large claws tied to his hands and his face was of a berserker. She watched in horror as his claws sank into the little boys stomach and was torn down. Mass amounts of blood poured out and some of his organs began to poked out.
 
The young girls hand, clothes, and face was covered in her own brothers blood.
 
Suikotsu ripped out his claws and licked his sharp blades clean with his tounge. "See? You promised you'd get him a doctor..." He laughed in a psycotic matter.
 
She screamed in terror as she looked at Death in the eye.
 
oo.
 
"Bankotsu oo-aniki." Renkotsu called to his leader. "Everyone is dead..."
 
Bankotsu frowned. "Aww...already? I was really beginning to enjoy myself, too."
 
Suddenly the scream of a terrified woman rang into the air. The rest of Shichinintai turned to see a woman in a blue and white kimono run for her life as Suikotsu chased close behind her feet.
 
Bankotsu's eye brows raised. "Oooh, there's still one more..."
 
"Agh...it's a woman..." Jakotsu sighed in disgust. "I wish it was a handsome man. But I still perfer my cute Inuyasha-chan..."
 
"Please!! Someone help me!!" She pleaded.
 
Renkotsu chuckled. "Heh. No one will help her..."
 
The girl ran as fast as her feet can carry her, but it didn't seem to help, she wasn't fast enough. "I'm...I'm going to die...!"
 
Like most people, she wanted to live. She wanted to keep her life. She ran and ran, seeing how she had ran into the forest. Looking back, Suikotsu still chased and the other men followed on thier friend shaped into a strange travelling weapon.
 
How long will this last?! When will I wake up from this nightmare!?!
 
The girl lost her footing and plumeted to the floor, she crawled on her hands and knees and forced herself into a small cave opening. It was cramped and she barely had room to move. Suikotsu growled and reached his arm in, in attempt to claw the girl's eyes out. She screamed as the claws were inches away from her face.
 
"S-someone help me!!" She pleaded out. "Please!! Help me..!" She whimpered, her cries only seemed to amuse Suikotsu further.
 
Suddenly the girl can no longer see Suikotsu's claws trying to devour her. But she heard voices from the outside.
 
oo.
 
An army of many men stood around the area, Bankotsu looked around to see they were surrounded. A smirked crawled across Bankotsu's lips. "Ooh, I see the reinforcemants have arrived."
 
"In the name of our Lord, we are to kill the ones that go long the name of the Shichinintai! Prepare to be exterminated!!" One man called out, who appeared to be the leader of this army.
 
Bankotsu chuckled and lifted his halberd off his shoulder. "Come and get me!"
 
oo.
 
A group of men travelled down the main road, dressed in rich clothes and fine armour, and rode on galient horses. They've been sent out on a mission by their lord.
 
"Sir!" A man rode up next to his leader. "Look over there!" He said and pointed to a walking figure up ahead. A women dressed in black miko robes and had long flowing black hair approached the group of several men.
 
All men jumped off their horses and stopped the girl in her tracks. She looked annoyed and glared up at them.
 
"Move..." She commanded.
 
One man jumped at the sight of her angery eyes, and her clothes stained with blood struck him even further, but found the courage to confront the smaller girl, and stood in between his leader and the girl.
 
"I told you to move...!" She hissed.
 
He gulped. "I'm afraid I cannot..."
 
"Fine, you leave me no choice...!" She grabbed the mans shoulder, her grip tightened bringing pain to his right shoulder, and fell to his knees, lowering himself to her. Her grasp on him was released then she began to chant words from a language never heard.
 
"Refole zobec!" She spoke in acient tounge. And touched the mans forhead with the tip of her fingers and backed away, making some distance between themselves.
 
The leader of the group blinked. "What did she do?"
 
Suddenly the man on his knees began to cough out blood from his mouth. Blood began running down from his ears, nose, and eyes. Then he bagan twisting and turning screaming for help, before he knew it...his stomach split open, his organs fell out and blood spilled in mass amounts. The man died a painful death.
 
The other men screamed in disgusted and some stumbled back in fear.
 
She took in a deep breath and sighed. "Who's next?"
 
"W-wait!!" The leader spoke up. "We haven't come to fight...!" He told and went down on one knee and held out a scroll before him. "We've been sent to summon you to our lords kingdom. Y-you are...the one known as BlackRose, correct? W-we have a promotion..."
 
This 'promotion' seem to grab her interests. "I am she. And...this promotion you speak of..."
 
"Our lord would gladly negotiate, please...we shall bring you to his place."
 
A smirk formed on her lips. "Interesting...but if this is a trick...consider everything improtant to you...nothing more then a dead dream..."
 
End of Chapter 14.
 
Jakotsu: Now THIS is what I'm talking about!!
 
Bankotsu: ACTION!!
 
Jakotsu: Review!!
 
Bankotsu: ACTION!!
 
Jakotsu: Or else!!
 
Bankotsu: ACTION!!
 
Jakotsu:...
 
Bankotsu: ACTION!!
 
Jakotsu: And what was with Rei-chan and her chanting thing? Well, you won't find out what she chanted...yet, and what language it is.
 
Bankotsu: ACTION!!
 
Jakotsu: Oo-aniki...your really bumming me out right now.
 
Bankotsu:....ACTION!!