InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Rogue Warrior ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rogue Warrior:
IMPORTANT: I really thought I put this up already…. I'm really sorry
Chapter 2:
Flash back~~~~~
Sesshoumaru sat in his study going over the details of the various problems reported to him. The young taiyoukai of Honshu was a good ruler. Despite not having the same reputation as his father, Toga, the kind but powerful Inu no Taisho had he did as much as he could to take care of his kingdom.
Paperwork, the one thing anyone in any position would detest. But it was a necessary evil. Most of the petty problems were taken up by the different levels of the magistrates while his word was law in any and every case brought to him or not. Some though, he had to personally deal.
Presently one of his main problems was the looming war with Kyoshou and their emperor. Though his army was the most powerful there was, Naraku's unusual abilities, his ambitious ideas and the use of dark magic succeeded in almost equalizing their strengths. The war had been dragged too long, almost since his father's death. Almost 10 years…
Even though he hadn't entered the battle field himself, it was only because the war was not of the usual sort. Naraku sent small troops to plunder villages, groups like the S…………………………R 30;There was only one way to win the war and Naraku was trying to bait him to use his last resort. To take a chance that would be putting his kingdom in a gamble.
But, putting it aside, another report showed that many officials and imperial soldiers were killed by a certain “Rogue Warrior”. He knew these weren't the noblest officials working for him. He had known their greed. But he couldn't afford to lose any forces when such a dire situation was waiting for them.
He had sent many powerful youkai to capture him. But each one of them had failed in capturing him. While the so called warrior didn't harm any villagers, steal money or cause disputes, he couldn't afford to lose soldiers even if some were corrupt. There was a law and a head making the rules and no one could take that into their own hands.
He regrettably decided that his brother would be the one he would send to capture the warrior; at the least he wouldn't have to bear Inuyasha's presence in the castle for a few days.
He called a servant in. “Send word for Inuyasha to come here immediately.” He didn't have to wait long when he heard his brother's unnecessarily loud and inelegant way of entering.
Skipping the knocking part, Inuyasha allowed himself into his brother's study. “Why the hell did ya send for me, teme?”
“I want you to take a few soldiers and capture the one who calls himself the rouge warrior.” Sesshoumaru said hoping that for once Inuyasha would do what he was told to.
“Keh! Why the hell should I go? Why don't you some of your damn generals do your dirty works. I ain't you servant.” Inuyasha none but shouted for all to hear. “He's strong and the generals have duties unlike you. I have already sent quite a few soldiers, none of whom have succeeded. So, I want you to go.” Sesshoumaru said as calmly as possible.
“Ha! Look who's asking for help. Aren't you gonna use the magic words?” Inuyasha taunted. Sometimes Sesshoumaru knew his brother too well-too predictable. His weakness- can be easily manipulated. “I guess you don't want to use Tetsu-”. He didn't finish as Inuyasha banged his hands on the desk.
“Look teme! I don't need YOUR permission to use MY sword. I'll go this time. Next time don't bother.” Inuyasha screamed and left as noisily as he entered.
`Sigh! Such a child he was.' Sesshoumaru could never why the baka had to stay here. `Father, I never understood you' thought Sesshoumaru before continuing his work.
End flashback~~~~~
Inuyasha and the warrior just stood there looking into each other's eyes. Inuyasha had his usual arrogant/confident smirk on and the masked warrior had an unreadable expression.
The other soldiers soon surrounded him again. The warrior was at a disadvantage as the previous fights had taken a lot of energy. And the hit he took from the leader had hurt him badly. He had also lost his swords during the fight leaving him weaponless and even if his next opponent was a hanyou, he carried a powerful sword. But he wasn't about to surrender, at least not without taking down half their forces.
“Move out of my way hanyou.” Said the warrior coldly.
“I ain't leaving until I drag you to the dungeons” Inuyasha responded.
“Gomen, but I can't take that offer.” He said as got into a stance. Inuyasha unsheathed the Tetsussaiga and transformed it into the fang it was.
Inuyasha charged towards him holding his huge sword with both hands. He brought the sword down to slash the shoulder. But the warrior was able to dodge the hit. Inuyasha's lack of strategy cost him.
He knew he couldn't outrun Inuyasha because he was an inu youkai. So, he would use his chi just enough to not reveal his identity. He slowly concentrated his ki into his left hand as he continued to dodge Inuyasha's rough attacks.
At one point, Inuyasha moved back and raised his sword for a big attack. At the same time, the warrior had gathered enough ki in his hands. The clash was unexpected. As Inuyasha unleashed the Kaze no kizu with a loud battle cry, it met with powerful blast of energy from the warrior's hand.
As the three golden beams if Kaze no kizu hit the pink beam, a blindingly white light covered both the fighters and pushed them back; trees rustled violently as the energy waves spread in all directions.
Using the sword as his support Inuyasha staggered up. `That last attack was out of the ordinary. Sure there were many attacks that were performed without any medium but none that powerful. An attack to equalize the Kaze no kizu was no easy feat. He was something' he thought.
Meanwhile, the other soldiers ran up to the fallen warrior and tied his hands back before he could walk up and do more damage. They pulled off the mask covering the face and threw it aside. Long black locks of hair fell, gently untwisting from the simple bum and spread behind the head.
The soldiers' eyes widened as they saw they saw the bloodied face of- of- “Inuyasha-same. I think there is something you should see.”
“What in the world are you blabbering bout now? We caught him, haven't we?” Inuyasha shouted back from where was. The leaped towards the group and roughly pushed the soldiers apart.
“It's an onna! Iie, an onnanoke” he exclaimed.
Author's talkies:
Inuyasha: What kind of an author are you? How can you make him a girl? It's- it's
Angelfire: It has always been a girl idiot. Had to correct those million mistakes I made, writing 'she' instead of 'he'.
Inuyasha: You did? (ha ha ha)
Kagome: Osuwari!
Inuyasha: (grumble) I'm sooo glad you can't do that in the story
Kagome: (hmph) so, who's the rogue warrior anyway?
Angelfire: Kags, you can stop being so ignorant. Suits only Inu.
Inuyasha: (stomps his foot indignantly) Hey!
Sesshoumaru: (nodding in agreement) quite true!
Inuyasha: No on asked you! Hey, when did you get here, teme?
Gets into a fight immediately….
Kagome: (trying to ignore noises in the background) Anyway, any guesses on who she is?
-Kikyo
-Midoriko
-OC
-Kagome (myself)
(Getting ticked off due to the fight) osuwari- thunk- osuwari- thud- osuwari- crash!
Angelfire: OK… Well Until next time…… please review…