InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Truth Hurts...in a good sorta way. ❯ At camp. ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
What have I done?" Kagome questioned for the tenth time in succession while holding her head in her hands and staring into the small campfire in a resentful way.

"Traveling with Sesshoumaru...to....save myself a little embarrassment?" Kagome answered her own question as she continued to hold her face in her hands in not-so-quiet worry.

"Hell." Kagome added as her thoughts continued to pour off her lips. "Maybe the gag wasn't such a bad idea."

A derisive snort sounding very much like a chuckle having the life strangled out of it caught Kagome's attention as she stared at the reclining demon lord; his arm resting upon his knee while resting his back against a tree trunk disinterestedly.

"Sorry..." Kagome apologized as she realized she had been talking about him while he was seated only a few feet away. "I didn't mean to be disrespectful..I just..I mean ...a WHOLE month...what do you even DO all day?"

Sesshoumaru continued to stare blankly into the forest as he seemingly ignored the girl's question. Did her thoughts always come to her in such broken grammatically incorrect phrases? How agitating.

"Other then that." Kagome commented dryly while crossing her arms over her chest and fixing her eyes on the demon lord who she could have mistaken for a statue if he didn't blink from time to time.

Sesshoumaru did not move.

"Now you're just repeating yourself." Kagome commented to the fire a bit dejectedly as she attempted to make the conversation seem less one sided.

"Argh!" Kagome exclaimed before flopping back against the soft grass of the ground and covering her eyes as she struggled to keep her mind blank. "A whole month of this?" She whimpered into her hands pitifully.

"I should have just gone through the well." Kagome moped as she continued to feel sorry for herself. "Maybe Mama could have locked me in my room?"

"Through ....the well?" Sesshoumaru questioned as he stopped just short of furrowing his brow. He'd been ignoring her for the most part and hadn't really been paying attention to everything else she had said; that is of course until she said something that seemed to make no sense. Did Inu Yasha's wench suffer from mental illness?

"Fuck!" Kagome cursed as she pulled her hand up to cover her mouth. "I wasn't supposed to say that." She blurted out quickly before her hand once again covered her treacherous lips.

Sesshoumaru simply lifted an eyebrow as if to say, 'No shit,' in response. He wasn't about to ask her again, after all, she was the one inflicted here. She would fill him in later whether he wanted her to or not. He could be patient. How long would it take before she completely bored him with -reasons-I-go-through-the-well? A day? Maybe two?

Kagome's hand fell free from her lips as she babbled something about being glad he didn't care and began to relax again.

"At least in the future I could have slept on a bed." Kagome moped before squeezing her eyes shut and cursing very uncharacteristically.

"God Dammit!" She huffed.

Sesshoumaru quirked his brow again as he noted how quickly the girl had cracked and thanked Kami he hadn't placed a wager on it. Was it really so hard to direct one's thoughts to a safer subject?

Sesshoumaru grimaced. He knew he shouldn't. He KNEW he was asking for it. But he couldn't fight the compulsion to ask,

"You are from the future?"

"Yup.. five hundred years." Kagome answered too quickly, only flinching slightly before uttering. "I give up."

Sesshoumaru barely had time to evaluate this information before her prattling continued.

"You know what I miss? Microwaves...OH..and ice cream...or ice for that matter. OH..and grocery stores....television..." She sighed softly before going on. "My hair dryer..."

Kagome continued on with her little rant of -things-I-miss- for what seemed like forever to the great Taiyoukai as he attempted to tune the sound out.

'Why is she not talking to Rin?' Sesshoumaru inwardly groaned as he amazed himself with a restraint he never knew he had. He thought for sure he would tear the woman apart the second time he heard her mention the television thing, but he simply sat there, focusing on their journey tomorrow and envisioning patches of bright yellow flowers smoldering as they disappeared in glorious mountains of smoke.

"The mall..."Kagome rambled as she lazily rested her head against her arm. "Kami I love the mall...with that little shoe store next to the food court...I am DEFINITELY getting those cute strappy sandals when I get back....Oh and Television!.." She continued only to have the Taiyoukai cut her off.

"You are repeating yourself." Sesshoumaru finally pointed out in a voice that grated against the air. Perhaps it wasn't too late to deliver the wench back to his half-brother? The gag she had mentioned earlier was starting to sound very good right about now.

"Sorry." Kagome apologized dejectedly as she realized her mouth was getting tired. "My mouth hurts." She huffed while rubbing the side of her face as she noticed the setting sun.

"Perhaps you should rest it." Sesshoumaru remarked hotly, only to instantly regret saying anything at all.

"I wish I could." Kagome pouted as she sat up and hugged at her knees. "It's hard you know...to just sit here and think of nothing. Every time I try something weird pops into my head and I can't help but...Mfph!"

"Mpfh mpfh!" Kagome exclaimed as in one blinding motion Sesshoumaru pulled loose the sash from his waist and gagged the woman across the fire, closing his eyes for a full second while releasing a breath that suggested he was more then a little relieved to find some sort of silence.

Kagome sighed and tilted her head to the side releasing a soft mumble that sounded as if it might be in thanks.

Sesshoumaru stared at the girl that now mumbled softly against her gag and gazed into the fire with a bored expression. How could she have so many thoughts and not drive herself insane? Rin was always talkative when affected by the exotic flowers, but NEVER to this extant....speaking of Rin.

"Sesshoumaru-sama!" The young girl exclaimed as if answering the Taiyoukai's thoughts. "Look what I picked you!" She stated excitedly before dropping a bundle of mismatched flowers at his feet.

Sesshoumaru let his eyes fall on the offering momentarily before looking up to the girl before him. Why was it that all the human females around him insisted on sharing only with him? The whole reason he had agreed to allow his half-brother's wench to accompany them was to run interference against this very thing. It didn't shock him to realize his young ward seemed disinterested in spending time with Jaken, after all, who liked spending time with Jaken? It did however, bewilder him slightly that the girl also showed very little interest in the care taker he had so recently acquired for her. Didn't human females share some sort of comradery?

"If Rin makes a crown would Sesshoumaru-sama wear it?" The young girl questioned while the demon lord raised his face to the heavens and stared blankly into the sky; daydreaming of tearing the inventor of flower chains to pieces slowly with his claws.

"Oh my Kami that's so Kawaii!!.." Kagome squealed. "Shouldn't you have a crown or something anyways...since you're ....a lord....and...all." She faltered as she held the sash between her fingers; having loosened the knot and pulled it out of her mouth only moments before..

Kagome pulled the scrap of fabric back up against her lips as the demon lord shot her an angry scowl.

'Next time, I tie her hands as well.' Sesshoumaru noted before turning away from the two females and retreating slowly to the forest. Whoever said two females were every man's fantasy never had to listen them for any length of time, Sesshoumaru noted before disappearing into the trees.

Rin sighed as she watched her hero disappear without answering her question. "Sesshoumaru-sama must sense danger."

"Ha..."Kagome laughed nervously as she once again let the gag hang from her neck and stared at the young girl. "I don't know about that."

"Does Kagome-sama want to help Rin make a crown? I can make you one if you want."

"I will if we make you one too." Kagome retorted happily as she began to separate the flowers into little color coordinated piles, announcing each color out loud, while deciding which would be the best to chain.

"Okay!" Rin chirped happily; pleased that someone finally wanted to play a game that she usually only played by herself.

"Princesses it is then." Kagome smiled as she ran her thumbnail along a delicate stem to make a slit.

"Rin can be princess and Kagome-sama is queen." The young girl giggled as she slowly began to chain flowers together.

"Okay..." Kagome smiled teasingly as she played along with the young girl's request. "But you know what that means."

"What?" Rin asked as she paused in her chaining to stare at the miko sitting next to her.

"My crown is bigger." Kagome snickered as she gently nudged the girl beside her and threw a flower in her lap.

"Can Rin be queen? Please please please please?" The young girl asked quietly as her eyes grew big with hope.

"Of course your highness." Kagome responded in a playful stoic tone as she rose to her feet and bowed. Quietly, she mumbled something about needing more flowers, and allowed the girl in front of her to grab her by the hand to lead her away, unaware of the golden orbs that silently watched over them.

Sesshoumaru sighed audibly as he watched them move closer to the tree line to gather more weeds for the strange accessories Rin always insisted on making. Having them talk, he decided, was much more appealing as long as it was not directed towards him.

He had never been much of a conversationalist; he had always been a man (or demon) of action.

Sesshoumaru found the entire purpose of communication tiresome and entirely too human for his taste. Watching humans speak, however, was almost voyeuristic, and therefore worthy of a demon of his stature.

Sesshoumaru grunted as he realized watching two human females discuss head gear made of weeds was not exactly what one thought of when one envisioned a voyeur. Perhaps his actions were less then sinister, but they appealed to him none-the-less. He often spent time watching Rin catching her dinner, or harassing Jaken until the little toad completely lost his mind.

He couldn't explain it. It was just something he enjoyed doing; watching those close to him without their knowledge. It was certainly nothing depraved considering his targets were often a young human pup and a toad youkai with INCREDIBLY poor senses, and now...a human wench.

Sesshoumaru sighed again as he relaxed and allowed his eyes to follow their movements; his ears twitching as they strained to pick up what was being said.

"You braided his hair?!" Kagome exclaimed loudly while clamping a hand over her mouth to suppress the chuckle that burst out.

Seshoumaru blinked once languidly as he fought back the urge to swear. 'Damned flowers.'