InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Twelve Days of Christmas Drabbles ❯ On the Fourth Day... ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Gah…sorry this wasn't up sooner. I have exams I need to study for, and the hanyou is a very hard person to shop for. You don't have ANY idea.
 
On the Fourth Day of Christmas…
 
InuYasha held up the bells. When jingled, they made a crystalline noise that reminded him of the Kongousha Crystal that was tucked safely in the inside of his haori. He liked the sound, and instead of moping per usual, he strung the bells again and again, marveling at the sound. It seemed to reawaken memories inside of him…memories that he had long ago suppressed in sadness. He felt…happier.
 
<><><>
 
Good…he is happy. It warms my heart that I could bring such happiness to my hanyou…Maybe he will come down and visit us. I don't even know how long it has been since I saw his smiling face…oh, the nostalgia for such a blissful sight! It will be cold tonight and I do not want my hanyou catching a cold…
 
<><><>
 
For the first time in almost three months, InuYasha did not cry himself to sleep. Instead he looked up at the pale moon and pondered such things as to whom the gifts were coming from, and more importantly: when and where would the next one be? Rustling in the bushes jarred him from his thoughts. He glanced down at the others hopefully, maybe another gift would be there…but no, only the same people, asleep in their various futons. He dropped down to the bushes, pulling them apart to reveal a long, cream-colored scarf. He wrapped it around his neck, sighing contently as this gift not only warmed his body, but his heart.
 
Say it with me: “Awwwwwww…” Sorry for the long delay folks, I really should have stuck with the “one a day” thing. Oh well.