InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Warmth You Give ❯ To be wed ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Okay, so shoot me. I keep starting fics. But now that I don't have summer school anymore, I have much more time to write for your reading pleasure.
Disclaimer: I do in no way own Inuyasha nor any characters associated with the series.


Chapter one: To be wed

Kagura stared out of the window, her mind reeling with thoughts of the silver-haired youkai that she’d learn to love. It hadn’t occurred to her before that she could possibly love him. Not until now. Not until it was time for her to marry. These past few months she’d been thinking of her future. Would she ever find happiness in an arranged marriage? She wondered.

“Lady Kagura, your father wishes to see you,” Nomeko said gently rousing the young woman from her thoughts.

“Let him in.”

“Yes, Lady Kagura.”

“Ah, Kagura. You’re looking stunning as ever,” Naraku said touching her shoulder gently. She flinched at his touch. She still hadn’t gotten used to how soft he had become. This new woman in his life had him acting like some born again christrian. He had even begun to treat her and Kanna like his children. “There is no reason for you to be afraid of me dear. I’d never do anything to hurt you.”

But after all of this time how do you expect me to act around you? After all that you’ve put me and Kanna through. She decided not to voice her thoughts, instead she nodded placidly. “I understand.”

They never noticed the other woman enter the room. Not until she spoke.

“Sweetie, what are you doing disturbing her?” Maiya asked wearing a smile. Kagura turned to the older woman acknowledging her presence with a faint smile. I wonder how it is that she’s always smiling even when everyone knows that something is troubling her.

“So, honey have you spoken to Kagura about the current situation?”

Naraku cleared his throat and began in an uneasy voice. “I was getting to that.”

“Don’t wait until it’s too late.”

“I understand,” He cleared his throat again. “Would you excuse us while we talk?”

Maiya bowed and exited the room, leaving them to speak.

“Kagura, I know that you were informed that you were supposed to be marrying the prince of the Northen Lands but there has been word that the prince was slain.”

“Slain? Do they know who has done this?”

“They’re not sure just yet. But they do have an idea of whom it may be. I’ll leave it at this. He’s an old accomplice of yours. With this being said, we are unsure of whom you are to marry now.”

An old accomplice of mine? Who could he mean?

“Don’t tell me you don’t know who I’m speaking of. You used to be smitten with him after all.”

Naraku smirked and turned heel. “Wait, Naraku. You don’t mean-“

“Yes, I do.”

But how could he have known? How does he know how I feel about Sesshomaru?

“I know a lot more than I let on,” Naraku said before closing the door behind him.

Kagura sat on her bed, her thoughts becoming even more confusing by the second.Then that’s when she remembered a conversation that her and Sesshomaru had shared a while ago. A smile graced her lips. Oh how madly in love she was with him. But it troubled her that he quite possibly could never love her back.

Flashback

“Sesshomaru, I will only ask you once more. Will you kill Naraku and free me from his grasp?” Kagura asked, her crimson eyes never breaking their gaze with his.

“I do not wish to be involved in anything that does not concern me,” Sesshomaru said turning his back to Kagura. “Certainly you’re strong enough to defeat a hanyou such as Naraku. Or is it that you’re afraid to defend yourself. I’m sure that it can’t be that difficult. Well, perhaps it is. Is that why you haven’t killed him yet?” Sesshomaru stated in an empty voice. “I’m sure if you had the power to kill him you wouldn’t seek out others to help you.”

“Go to hell, you bastard!” Kagura yelled squinting her eyes to keep the tears in. “You don’t know anything about me. How dare you even imply that you’ve been through anything even close to what I have. But how much does a pampered ass prince like you know about the real world.”

“You shouldn’t speak on matters that don’t concern you. And how dare you imply that you know what my life is like. Not that my life concerns you. Sesshomaru said coldly. Kagura turned away pulling a feather from her hair. An unwavering wind encircled her and she was gone.

End Flashback

Kagura giggled softly. She glanced out the window catching a slight glimpse of the sun before it began to set. “Sesshomaru, I know you’re not as cold as you appear to be. I’ve seen that side of you.” Kagura whispered silently.


Meanwhile

“Master Sesshomaru. We have word that the lord of the Eastern lands is searching for another groom for Lady Kagura.”

Sesshomaru never turned to acknowledge his servant. “I think I’ll pay the lord of the Eastern lands a visit.”

“Surely you are not considering a marriage proposal?” Sachi asked laughing a bit.

Sesshomaru ignored her question. “ I’ll be leaving immediately. Please inform everyone else of my absence. I expect everything to be in order when I return.”

“Yes, master.” Sachi said bowing.

Once alone Sesshomaru sat to collect his thoughts. I don’t understand why I feel that I need to see her once more. Surely my curiosity will only be my downfall, but I can’t seem to get this woman off my mind. I must see her again. I have to understand why she invades my every thought.

Preview of chapter two:

“Sesshomaru, what are you doing-“

“Do not speak.” Sesshomaru walked closer until their faces were merely inches apart. Kagura’s heart melted as she stared into Sesshomaru’s golden depths. And to her surprise he held her gaze. They held this fiery gaze until one of them spoke.

“Why are you here?” Kagura asked, her voice only a whisper.

“I came to see what it is about you that captivated my every thought.”

Kagura’s heart raced. So he has been thinking of me. Before she had a chance to process her thoughts she felt warm lips covering her own enveloping her body in this warmth that was new to her senses.


This was a slightly rough start for my first chapter. I don’t like it as much as I hoped I would. Depending on what the readers think I may just remove it so I can edit it a bit. I hope you at least enjoyed it a little. Thank you for reading anyway, though.