InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Through my eyes ❯ Through my eyes ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
 
Title: Through my eyes
 
Author: Anonymous Fangirl
 
Summary: Life story through someone's eyes. Bet you can't guess who…
 
Genre: Definite angst
 
Rating: Teen
 
Etc: Wow… I wonder why I wanted to write this. It's so… sad… sorta… in it's own way, it is. This story has a moral too. You can't really hate anyone until you see things through their eyes. People always told you to look both ways before crossing the street. I say it's more important to look both ways before crossing someone off as mean, or rude, or disrespectful. They might seem evil, but life has taught us all that life isn't black and white. And you never know what you might see through their eyes.
 
 
ONE SHOT
 
 
 
He took everything I had. It would be easy to just ignore it, I know, but it would be so much easier to have revenge. He stole my life, my love, my only true chance at happiness. All because she turned to him for support. To him for help. I suppose she had no way of knowing, no way of understanding.
 
I could have just died. Oh yes, she probably would have preferred it that way. They probably would have had less of a burden then. She could have flounced off with him and a smile on her face, unaware that she had lost a heavy baggage she had carried. With my death, she would have been happy. I wonder if he would have treated her the way I would have, if I had the opportunity.
 
I did love her. I do love her. How could I not? How could anyone not? She lit up the world with one smile, no matter how fleeting it was. She did a few times, you know. She smiled, a special smile that she saved just for me. I wasn't speaking to her, not as I truly wanted to. The words that passed my lips almost never seemed to be my own, but she turned to me and smiled a soft smile that barely lit her eyes. I was living in the dark until I saw that smile. That being the fact, I should have been able to be happy for her happiness. But I couldn't. Not when it wasn't me.
 
But then he took it all away. I never met him once, but he stole the life from me. Had he plotted? I wonder. Had he known what he was doing? Had he known that he was destroying my one chance at true happiness? He made her love him, and so her eyes were closed. Of course she saw me through his eyes. I wonder if she ever saw me through her own. I wonder, had he made love to her the way I longed to? Had he made her false promises that I could have told truthfully? It's too late to know now.
 
I can imagine it. It's not so hard. Her withering beneath him, screaming out his name, him, silent, steady, panting like the beast I know him to be. The beast he tries to hide. I hope the bastard burns in the deepest depths of hell and suffers the worst of all purgatory.
 
But it's too late now, too late for me. I guess I'll never know who won, but I'll always know who lost. It's easy, I suppose, to look back and be angry at the things you lost while you were alive. Be angry at the people who didn't lose them. I lost her, I lost my friends, I lost my allies, if you could call them that, and I lost myself somewhere along the way too.
 
If I could change anything, I wonder, would I? Probably not. Sure, he won, but I didn't lose everything. I was allowed this last fleeting moments of sanity. This last fleeting moments to destroy him, even though in doing so, I will use up the last of my strength and die as well.
 
And as for her… I wonder if she will appear in time to see him die… she always did seem to appear at the best- and the worst- of times. Now would be just such a time. I wonder if I would have enough strength left, enough sanity left, to whisper the words of love I always denied her.
 
That I always wanted to tell her.
 
Come on… come on… he's ignored me for too long. He's distracted by something, I don't know what. Though my vision is returning, my eyes are still hazed in the red of the blood. Was it my own? I wonder… if not, did he kill them? How many others had he slaughtered while I was unconscious? I'm not sure I want to know.
 
They battlefield is painted red. Or it might just be my vision. I can't work any parts of my body yet, I know, and if I were to try to force myself before I had recuperated a little, he would notice and smite me. That can't happen. Not if she's to live.
 
Panic, an emotion I haven't felt in years, is flooding through my veins now. Did he already kill her? Did I want him to? She wouldn't be able to live long after this, I know. Not here… Not in a place so full of blood and war. I'm surprised she lasted this long. Was it luck? Seems she's all out now. Dear, sweet child, you were not meant for this day and age.
 
He's distracted now… someone's holding his attention. I wonder who it is… no, I don't have the strength to wonder about anything anymore. But I do have the strength to grab the sword.
 
I don't recognize it. Is it mine? Have I slain countless enemies and allies with it? I don't remember. My head hurts, it may possibly be a concussion. I don't know why he hasn't noticed me moving yet. My fingers are curled around a hilt. I raise it slowly… He seems to be turning now. Trying to figure out what the sensation is. The sensation that he's being watched.
 
Fool.
 
You'll never know…
 
I raise the sword above his head. He's looking at it now, eyes widening a fraction with the glint of realization.
 
You never could have guessed…
 
I bring it down hard on his head, and more blood swims in to my vision. Goodbye, Naraku. Your namesake shall become your home, all because you didn't realize that it was possible that I was still alive. If you had, would you have tried to stop me? Of course you would have. But you could never defeat me. All because you didn't realize that as long as she lived, I could never die. All because you didn't realize that she is my heart. All because you couldn't possibly know that your greatest foe was me…
 
Onigumo.