InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Til Death Do Us Part ❯ The Scheme ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Don't ask, cuz I don't own.
AN: Anyway, I just want to thank you all for the wonderful reviews! You guys are great! Too bad my grades aren't. I've been slacking off a lot in classes and with my fics. I`m going down in most of all my classes. Has to be a major case of Senioritis :sigh: I don't even want to think about how I'm going to survive in college. Pray for me.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 
The Scheme
 
.
.
.
.
.
.
 
“OWW! Damnit wench that stings!” Inuyasha screamed as soon as the peroxide filled cloth made contact with his wound, and jumped out of the chair she had ordered him to sit on.
“Stop being such a baby Inuyasha!” Kagome grabbed a fistful of his white locks and yanked him back into his seat forcefully. After the incident in the foyer she had went to get the items necessary to dress his gash, then had practically dragged him into the currently unoccupied dining room to patch him up in private. There were only so many blows a guy could take to his ego in one day. And having her friends gawking and snickering while she babied him would only make things worse.
He slowly began to edge away from her. Pain was not something he wasn't accustomed to or something he liked to feel. Damn her for demeaning him like this. Inuyasha ducked when she tried to swab his face the cloth.
Kagome sighed. “You didn't hear me whining and yelling when you were cleaning my wounds.”
“Yours were smaller,” he growled glaring up at her, arms folded and ears twitching in annoyance.
“And I had more of them, so stay still and take it like a man.”
“Hanyou,” he corrected grumpily, but stopped trying to squirm his way out of her reach.
Rolling her eyes, she dabbed more of the liquid onto the cloth, then held back his bangs away from his face. His jaw was set in defiance and his amber eyes were averted away from her as he silently sulked. Kagome's gaze slid from his stubborn features to the ugly gash that marred his forehead. “Now brace yourself. This is going to sting a little,” she said inwardly wincing at the sight of brutal looking abrasion.
Inuyasha yelped as soon as the peroxide tainted cloth connected with his injury, sending searing sensations spreading through his open wound like wild fire. The intoxicating fumes that was permeating from cloth was enough to make him pass out. He shook off a wave of nausea. How the hell did she endure this kind of pain? “Why are you doing this?” Inuyasha squeezed his words through clenched teeth. “Youkai heal faster than you wimpy humans.”
“You don't want it getting infected do you?” she countered wiping away the dried blood that had streamed down the side of his face.
“Why do you care what happens to me?” he questioned irately, eyes narrowed to slits as he glared up at her and smirked in satisfaction when guilt flitted across her face. Served her right for inflicting such pain on him, now and all those years ago. Inuyasha frowned and shook the thoughts from his mind.
Kagome stopped what she was doing to look down at him. “Because,” she started quietly, “it' is kind of my fault you got hurt. Ayame is just really overprotective. I should have told her what happened first before she jumped to any wild conclusions. I'm….I'm sorry.”
Inuyasha blinked, surprised. He hadn't been expecting an apology. After all, he was one who had initiated the aggression when he had grabbed her forcefully. Disliking the guilt trip that his mind was subjecting him to, Inuyasha shifted all of his frustrations to the necklace around his neck. “If you're so sorry, take this stupid thing off of me.” He growled when it sent an electric shock up his arm upon attempting to remove it himself.
“I think it looks good on you.” Kagome continued wiping at his gash. “Besides, if you decide to go all rapid and red eyed on me and Ayame like you did a couple of minutes ago, I'll be able to subdue you. It was a request from Megumi-san.”
Inuyasha scowled at how easily she would be able to control him with one word and ran a finger across the smooth surface of the beads, and was about to comment, but the smart retort froze on the tip of his tongue when the powerful smell of jasmine assaulted his senses as Kagome moved closer to him. Finished with cleaning his wound, she had moved on to bandaging, which required the proximity of their distance to close dramatically.
“See, the peroxide wasn't so bad was it?” Kagome made small talk, leaning over him so she could put the bandage on his now sterilized abrasion.
Inuyasha fought the arising heat that threatened to consume his face in flames, her chest only centimeters away from his lips. What the hell was wrong with him? He'd been around thousands of breasts, some of them bigger than hers. `So why am I reacting this way to her? I thought I had rid myself of all feelings for her years ag-'
All mental deliberation ceased when accidentally she brushed against his thighs. Although the fabric of her jeans and his slacks separated their skin, Inuyasha could still feel the warmth that permeated off of her, sending many tiny tremors along his nervous system.
If it wasn't the closed space between them, or the intoxicating aroma of her scent soothing his body, mind, and soul, or the innocent yet teasing grazing of her fingers against the planes of his forehead as she applied the bandage, it would be the tenderness and sincerity emitting from her mesmerizing pools of endless blue. He would be lying if he said that her eyes had never entranced him in a world full of warmth and kindness.
Inuyasha could feel his heart pounding in his ears and his blood heating as ideas of pulling her into his lap and taking her for himself became more intense. `No,' he mentally shook his head in irritation, `I've got to stop thinking of her. I hate Kagome.' But it was becoming increasing difficult to detain the rampant emotions that craved the warmth and touch of the goddess like creature before him.
A barely audible growl rumbled in his throat, his anger and frustration piquing with every second that passed. Damn her for making him feel this way. “I don't need your fucking help!” he snarled suddenly jumping to his feet yet again and grabbed her wrists, unable to contain his aggravation and confusion for the raven haired girl in front of him any longer.
“What's the matter with you? Sit down-” Kagome stopped mid sentence realizing her mistake too late, for the beads had already begun glowing upon activation of the single word command and before she knew it, Inuyasha was wrenched to the floor with her being trapped under him.
“Get off of me!” she yelled from underneath his heavy form, which was currently cutting off her air supply to her oxygen deprived lungs.
“I can't damnit!” Inuyasha snapped back hotly, the pull of the rosary still effectively keeping him pinned on top of her in a tangle of limbs. “If your stupid ass hadn't said the word we wouldn't be in this fucking predicament now!”
“Well you should have sat still so I could've finished bandaging your stupid injury instead of standing up like the moron you are!“ Kagome shot back with equal vehemence, trying futilely to wiggle her way from under him. But it was to no avail. With her wrists still being victim of his tight grasp above her head and his hard body pressed against hers in a very compromising position, there was absolutely nothing they could do until the spell wore off.
“This is all of your fault,” Inuyasha grumbled scowling at the female whose angry face was merely inches from his and struggled to ignore the affect her tantalizing scent was having on him. “If this stupid necklace wasn't holding me back, I would do more than scratch your arms for putting me through this humiliation.” He felt his pulse begin to race.
Kagome smirked. “This is exactly why the rosary will stay where it is. You need to be house broken so that you can learn some decent manners and stop trying to attack every person that pisses you off. If you would stop being so impetuous…” She trailed off, her heart skipping a beat when she become aware of the way the hanyou was looking at her.
Those piercing amber eyes framed by thick, black lashes, which had only moments before been full of loathing and annoyance, a conflagrant window to his soul, revealing turbulent, indiscernible emotions that battled for dominance. She gulped nervously, anticipation unfolding within her belly. Kagome could feel the rhythmic and almost soothing beating of his heart through his silk shirt and blushed upon feeling his taut muscles rub against her stomach as he shifted his weight, relieving some of the pressure on her lungs.
Aware that he was still latched on to her wrists, Inuyasha loosened his hold, but didn't let go. `She is still softer than any silk I have ever encountered,' he mused to himself, his eyes still trained absorbedly on hers, which had begun swirling with a myriad of conflicting emotions that he couldn't begin decipher. The tantalizing aroma of jasmine sent him reeling, and left him light headed and dizzy as he drowned in her scent. Her supple mounds of soft flesh pressed against his hardened torso, rousing a familiar passion within the depths of himself that only she could incite.
Kagome's breath hitched as his face came closer to hers. The caress of his warm breath against her lips sent tremors of pleasure and desire throughout her entire system. Her lips parted as she inhaled his spicy, masculine scent that seemed to envelope his entire being. Kagome stared into his sun kissed orbs that had become clouded over. Her heartbeat quickened. Kouga had never looked at her with such passion…and need. She bit her bottom lip. No, she couldn't go through this again. He'd broken her heart once already and she wasn't ready for second servings.
“Kagome,” he whispered gently against her lips, wanting, needing to taste those luscious pouty lips that teased him endlessly. Unable to control his hunger for her any longer, Inuyasha bent down slowly to capture his her lips with his, practically tasting her sweetness in his mouth.
“So this is the reason you fight like cats and dogs. I always knew it had to be the make up sex.” They both blinked, snapping out of their daze at the sound of the monk`s voice.
Inuyasha's eyes cleared and focused, the reality of the situation permeating his skull. In a flash the hanyou was upright and several feet away from the one that had ensnared him a haze of desire and craving for her touch. Angry, confused and frustrated all at the same time, Inuyasha glared at his long time friend, who was casually leaning on the doorframe of the dining room, a knowing smile on his face. “It's not what it looks like you damn lecher!” he shouted, red beginning to stain his handsome face.
Miroku held up his hands. “Not need to stop on account of me. Please, continue, I'll just step out and tell Kaede-san to send your food to your room. But remember to keep the noise level to a minimum. I doubt everybody wants to hear you alls moans and groans of ecstasy while we`re eat-”
“Would you get your fucking mind out of the gutter!” Inuyasha barked. He felt like ripping his hair out, infuriated with himself for losing control. What the hell had he been thinking? He couldn't let her get close again. He raked his claws through his hair. He needed a drink. A really strong drink. And maybe a smoke as well.
“He's right,” Kagome affirmed climbing unsteadily to her feet. “I accidentally sat him and he kind of landed on top of me.” She felt her face heating at the thought of just what occurred. She could still feel his long, muscular length sprawled across her, his body infusing hers with a warmth and security that she had forgotten existed.
“Whatever you say my friends,” Miroku responded with a nonchalant shrug, but knowing full what had just transpired. The spell had probably long since worn off. And by the looks they had been exchanging with one another, something definitely was going on, even if it was unbeknownst to them. Miroku hid a grin. If only he could get Sango to look at him like that, then he would be able to die happy. “Come on folks, lunch is already on the table in the other dining room. We're all waiting for you two.”
Both husband and wife stiffly followed the monk, walking many feet apart from each other, both silent, deep within their thoughts and both still flustered and flushed over what had just transpired.
A scowl marred the chiseled features of the hanyou as he stopped in his tracks, realizing that he had somewhere to be. Clarice was waiting for him at the club and thanks to the stupid wench he was late. “I'm not eating.” He pivoted on his foot and headed toward the front door. “I have more important things to do than dine with you idiots.”
With annoyance replacing embarrassment, Kagome turned to stare at the retreating hanyou. “I seriously doubt that if you fail to make an appearance at the club that it, in any form or fashion, will tarnish your image. Kaede-san put a lot of work into preparing this meal. The least you could do is show a little appreciation for all of her efforts.”
Inuyasha stopped walking and turned to face her. “I don't give a damn about her efforts. Someone who belongs in an old fart's home doesn't need to be working here. Besides, Grandma can be easily replaced, preferably by someone a lot younger and a hell of a lot sexier that can cook and clean in a thong.”
Miroku halted his steps immediately and whirled around, eagerness gleaming in his violet orbs. “I second that motion.”
Kagome rolled her eyes. “Even though I'm sure that Miroku would look very appealing preparing my meals in a thong,” Kagome started, and silently laughed at the boys' horrified expressions, “Kaede-san is more than qualified for this position, minus the fancy panties.” She wrinkled her nose at the thought.
Inuyasha's left ear twitched. “Miroku wasn't exactly what I had in mind stupid,” he responded tightly.
“I don't care what you had in mind, but you're going to eat her food.”
He glared at her defiantly. “And if I decline?”
A slow smile spread across her face, mischief dancing in her bright azure eyes. “Then I will just have to say si-” Inuyasha, who had bolted towards her before she could finish, cut her off by clamping a hand over her mouth.
“I get your point bitch,” he said in a low voice, towering over her lithe form in a very intimidating manner. He tried to ignore the effect her petal soft lips were having on his open palm. “We wouldn't want to have a repeat of what happened earlier now do we?”
Kagome's breath caught, and she silently cursed him for turning her insides to mush. His proximity was entirely too close. Summoning what little nerve she had left, Kagome smacked his hand away, and in retaliation, grabbed the beads that lay dormant around his neck, and jerked them down so that they were nose to nose. “You can't threaten me Inuyasha because I won't hesitate to say it, even if I go down with you. All I'm asking is that you eat a meal that Kaede-san has graciously prepared for us. Do this and then afterwards you can go drink yourself into a stupor for all I care.”
“That's more your department than mine,” the hanyou growled softly, then averted his gaze from her big, blue, pleading ones, trying futilely to discount the way they were tugging on his heartstrings.
“Please Inuyasha?” She gave him her best puppy dog face. Megumi-san had demonstrated how compliant he could be with the face.
“Keh. Whatever. But only 5 minutes,” he grudgingly agreed, inwardly chastising himself for submitting unto her will. `When the hell did I become so soft?' he pondered as Miroku and Kagome led him into the dining hall, where everybody else had begun eating.
Kagome could only hope that this meal would go smoothly as she took a seat beside Sango.
Kouga glared accusingly at the hanyou as he sat down stiffly across from him. “What the hell were you doing with my woman mutt face?”
“None of your damn business, that's what,” Inuyasha retorted and began hefting heaps of oden into his bowl.
The wolf youkai would have brushed off the rude come back and engaged conversation with the object of his affection had something not been off. Kouga frowned and took a good whiff of the scent that was exuding from the individual across from him. Cobalt irises hardened with suppressed fury at the fact that the enticing scent of his woman was clinging to the hanyou. A low growl rumbled deep within Kouga's diaphragm, his fangs slowly beginning to emerge. “Inukuro, why do you seem to be bathed in Kagome's scent?”
Miroku coughed, thoroughly hiding his snickers. This ought to be good.
Both Ayame and Sango raised inquisitive brows in their friend's direction, their interest piqued. Had they finally gotten over their hatred over each other? Kagome really did work fast.
Kagome slouched in her chair, desperately wanting the floor to open up and swallow her whole. What had she done to deserve this?
Ignoring the wolf's question, Inuyasha slurped the noodles slowly, smacking his lips as soon as they disappeared into his mouth, which only added fuel to the fire that had been sparked within Kouga. His eyes began to flash red as the hanyou continued to blatantly snub him. “Dog face, I believe I asked you a question,” he bridled the desire to leap across the table and pummel the stupid mutt into the ground.
Inuyasha dabbed the corners of his mouth with a cloth.
But Kouga wasn't the only one who was angered by the hanyou's lack of response. With fists balled, Ayame came to her love's aid. “You lowly mutt, answer Kouga when he's addressing you!” she growled.
Inuyasha lazily dragged his amber gaze from his bowl of food to the fierce green eyes of the angry female youkai that was disrupting the meal he had been so reluctant to come to in the first place. Setting his bowl back down on the table with the utmost care, the dog eared hanyou turned up his sleeves, his eyes still trained on hers. “I am going to say this once and only once so listen up. You are all fucking guests in this house, therefore your asses need to act as such. I won't be pestered by some half witted wolves,” he sneered at them both, “lest you want your stinking hides on the streets where you belong. Since this is my house, I will do whatever I want, and that includes choosing not to respond to the idiotic remarks of wolves that don't know their place.”
Kagome shot out of her chair and grabbed on to Kouga by the tail, who had lunged across the table snarling, with claws extended and ready to rip her husband apart for his insolence, while Sango tackled Ayame to the floor before she could attack the foul-mouthed hanyou who had degraded her kind and the one she loved.
Sipping his tea delicately, Miroku observed the chaotic scene with much amusement. Who wouldn't want to see two females writhing and wrestling on the floor? A perverted smile crept onto his face as Sango's shirt inched its way up as she tried to restrain a furious Ayame from beating the crap out of Kagome's husband.
Miroku took another sip. Yes, Kami-sama was good.
“Ayame, stop acting like an idiot!” Sango tightened her grip around her friend's waist.
“How dare that insolent hanyou fool insult Kouga!” she growled furiously, trying to extricate herself from her friend's grasp.
“Do you really think you will be able to win him over acting like an over obsessive and possessive fanatic!” Sango said in a voice that only her friend would be able to hear.
Ayame stopped thrashing, her green orbs widening. Sango knew about her crush on him? But how?
“Stop this Kouga-kun!” Kagome pleaded, still hanging on to his tail to prevent him from jumping onto a smug Inuyasha. “He isn't worth it so calm down and act like you have some sense! When I accidentally activated the subduing spell locked in the rosary around his neck, he kind of toppled on top of me, which is why my scent is all over him!”
Inuyasha snorted and crossed his arms. “Wench, you don't need to explain yourself to that dirty wolf who doesn't know when to give up pursuing a girl that clearly has no interest in him.”
Caught off guard by his answer, her grip on the wolf's tail loosened, allowing Kouga to launch himself in a fury across the table at the smirking hanyou. She groaned in exasperation as both youkai tumbled to the floor in a flurry of flying fists, extended claws, and snarls. For two full grown males, they acted as though they were in preschool and needed to be sent to time out.
“You bastard how dare you say Kagome has no feelings for me!” Kouga snarled, his hands clamped rigidly around his opponent's neck. “She and I share a love that will never be surpassed by an unfeeling piece of crap such as yourself.”
Inuyasha embedded his claws into his adversary's wrists as he attempted to remove the wolf's death grip from his neck. “Are you sure about that? Because the way I see it was that your so called love was only one sided.”
Kagome inwardly flinched. How did Inuyasha know that? She hadn't even told her best friends about that little fact. So how did her arch nemesis come to acquire that knowledge?
The clearing of a throat halted the tumultuous activity of the two males, as well as the exchanging of insults momentarily. Kaede stared at the rambunctious young people and the disarray they had produced. Shattered crystal glasses and fine China bowls lay scattered across the floor. The hand stitched tablecloth had been shredded in several places. If this was any indication of how hard she would be cleaning up after them in the future, Kami-sama help her.
She shook her head. That would have to wait. There were more pressing matters at hand. “There's been an accident at Higurashi Takeda Corporations. Both Inuyasha and Kagome are needed immediately at the main building.”
“Is everything ok? Are our parents going to be alright? They aren't hurt in any way are they?” Kagome pressed as panic tightened in her chest.
Inuyasha pushed Kouga off of him and stood from the floor, worry replacing the arrogance and anger that had been blazing in his golden gaze only moments ago. “What's happened?” he demanded, hoping the fear he felt didn't give him away in his tone.
“I don't know all of the details, but I do know that it's serious and that ye are needed right away,” Kaede replied wringing her hands nervously.
Not needing to be told twice, both Inuyasha and Kagome bolted out of the dining hall and sprinted to the garage. Being the faster of the two, Inuyasha flung open the door and flew to his car. Jumping into his blood red Ferrari, he jammed the key into the ignition and started the engine. “Come on, we'll take my car. It's faster,” Inuyasha said gruffly to his companion that had finally entered the garage as he activated the automatic garage door opener.
Without a second thought, Kagome clambered into the passenger side and before she could shut the door, he had already taken off tearing out of the garage and onto the long, winding driveway. Fear for her parent's safety twisted knots in her stomach. Just the thought of them lying in a hospital bed was enough to make her nauseous.
The vigor of the wind whipping about her face helped as Inuyasha's Ferrari hurtled down the street helped stabilize the bile that had risen in her throat, but did nothing for the tears that had begun pricking the back of her eyes.
Kagome blinked the tears away as a warm, calloused hand covered her own. Ripping her gaze from her lap, she turned to stare at its owner. Long silvery white hair billowed against the thrashing of the wind and framed his beautifully chiseled face that was at the moment tight with tension and worry. Had she not been in a state of anxiety, she would've marveled in how gorgeous the hanyou could be when he wasn't sporting his typical scowl on his face.
Sensing her questionable gaze, Inuyasha threw her sidelong glance. Uncertainty and trepidation clouded her usual warm and exuberant striking blue eyes. He hated seeing her so downhearted and in low spirits. It was such a stark contrast to the bubbly and fiery minx he was used to seeing.
A strong urge to protect her was aroused within himself. Inuyasha stroked her knuckles tenderly, wordlessly reassuring Kagome that everything would be alright, although he wasn't certain himself. Tearing his eyes from her porcelain like figure, he stomped on the accelerator, increasing the speed from 100 to 150 in five seconds flat.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 
It took less than ten minutes for them to arrive at the dome shaped building that had just recently been erected. The tension increased tenfold with every step that was taken as Inuyasha and Kagome ran inside of the building. After the secretary at the front desk told them where their parent's quarters were located, they immediately raced toward the elevators that several minutes later took them to the top floor.
Without a moment's delay, both husband and wife sped from the elevator and to the double doors that would lead to the interior of their parents' offices. Jerking the brass doors open, Inuyasha entered with Kagome at his heels. His jaw dropped in shock. He had expected to find the adults on their deathbed or bleeding or at least unconscious, not engaged in card game and drinking tea.
“What the hell is going on here!” Inuyasha demanded.
“Oh, Inuyasha, Kagome, you've decided to join us,” Megumi said with a smile while lifting the tea cup to her lips. “Let us just finish up this card game and we'll be right with you.”
“Well I've got nothing,” Ryo gave in bitterly throwing his cards on the table. “We might as well start now.”
“Now, now darling. Just because you're about to lose doesn't mean that this game is over,” Hitomi responded grinning like a Cheshire cat behind her winning hand.
“I'm out as well.” Inutaisho tossed his hand on the table. “Our women are bleeding us dry Higurashi.”
“Don't I know it,” Ryo replied dully pulling out his empty pockets. He should have known better than to challenge Megumi and his wife to a game of poker. He never won when he played those two. "Stupid American card game."
Kagome's eye twitched in annoyance. This was definitely unexpected. “You called us all the way down here acting as though something life threatening was occurring and you're in the middle of a poker game?”
“Why, this is life threatening,” Inutaisho defended. “Both of these women have taken a combined 500,000 yen from us both.”
Inuyasha balled his hands into fists, struggling to remain composed amongst the utter idiocy and absurdity of their situation. Taking a calming breath, he turned on his heel, intent on leaving immediately. “I'm gone.”
“Stop right there boy!” Inutaisho bellowed rising to his feet. “I haven't dismissed you yet.”
“Why the hell are we here!” he yelled whirling around to face his father. “You get us all worked up over a damn tea party?”
“Inuyasha, watch your tone with your father,” Megumi chided in a cool tone and placed her cards on the table. “You have a right to be angry, but that does not warrant for foul language in the presence of your parents and in laws.” Her gaze softened. “Now both of you, come over here. We have an announcement to make.”
Warily, Inuyasha and Kagome made their way to the grand oak desk and took a seat side by side in front of the grown-ups.
Hitomi cocked her head to the side as she took in the altered demeanor in both of the young people. “You know, this is the first time that you two have gone five minutes without fighting or bickering.”
“We were under the impression that the gravity of the situation would be serious,” Kagome answered tartly, all of the panic and tension she had been feeling being substituted for chagrin and impatience. “Why did you tell Kaede-san that there had been an accident and we were needed here immediately?”
Ryo grinned sheepishly. “We wanted both of you to arrive here in a timely manner. And it seemed like a good idea at the time.”
“Tell us of this announcement so that I can leave. I do have a life that I would like to get back to,” Inuyasha said folding his arms.
Megumi raised a brow at their impatience. “Well then I`ll cut right to the chase. Since the two of you will be prominent associates in this business and will eventually take over when we step down, we feel as though it is imperative that you all become familiar with the way things work. Both of you are or will be attending Tokyo University in the fall and don't have anything else planned for the rest of summer.”
“So,” Inutaisho took over, “we have decided that it would be best if we allow you all to experience first hand some of the techniques and methods that are utilized in this specific work field. Starting in a few days from now, you will be conducting marketing and business internships at a base that is located in Hawaii.”
“There you will learn and be trained by qualified professionals that will work with you on a one to one basis,” Hitomi finished. “So how does that sound?”
The young adults stared at their parents blankly for a second.
“I hope you're kidding,” Inuyasha spoke up first. “Because it would be cruel and unusual punishment to be stuck on some remote island away from all of my friends and work with a bunch of geeks for the duration of my summer vacation.”
“We're not kidding Inuyasha,” Megumi replied, her face serious. “This is for your best interest so that you will have a heads up when you eventually take over the company with Kagome.”
“Why can't we do the internships with you guys?” Kagome asked slowly. This was just all too much. She hadn't planned on doing actual work this summer.
“With this new merger, planning and preparations need to be made in order to secure this new corporation in the business realm. We, along with your brother, Inuyasha, are too busy to help train you two,” Ryo proclaimed. “Our associates in Hawaii are perfect for the job.”
“When does this internship begin?” Inuyasha asked, half afraid of the answer.
“Your plane leaves tomorrow at 4pm,” was Ryo's response.
Inuyasha almost fell out of his chair. “What! You can't be serious! When were you planning on telling us this! Have I not informed you that I have a life that does not revolve your stupid company!” He growled and stood to his feet.
“Sit down boy!” Inutaisho barked irately. “What have I told you about raising your voice?”
The hanyou muttered a `sorry' but refused to sit back down, and instead, chose to pace.
Megumi sighed. “I know that this is a lot to take in, but it is necessary for the sake of the future of this company. Now please, Inuyasha, take your seat.”
Kagome rolled her eyes when he still declined to obey his parents. “Inuyasha, just sit d-” She winced at her ignorance as the rosary pulled the pacing hanyou to the floor. She really needed to watch what she said.
“Ahh, so that's the subduing spell that I ordered Kaede-san to give you,” Inutaisho mused aloud whilst stroking his chin thoughtfully. “Not bad if I do say so myself.”
“Unfortunately, if you may remember that our son has…problems in dealing with vast amounts of frustration and pent up anger, which results in the demon side of his blood overtaking his human and thus, turning him into a full blooded demon that is unable to control his temperament, judgment, and actions,” Megumi responded somewhat broodingly. “That was how he got expelled from five different schools when he was younger. But after we had him take a series of anger management classes, Inuyasha has gotten better at controlling his fury.”
“At the moment, we are having one of our employees, Toutousai, to design something that will be able to control his demon blood when it gets out of hand. And figuring that this new arrangement will only add to his aggravations and ire, we had Kaede-san give us a temporary means to restrain his demon side,” Inutaisho explained.
Kagome shuddered when she thought back earlier that day when Inuyasha had turned all red eyed and rapid on her and Ayame. Full youkai like Ayame and Kouga could control their youkai nature, but with Inuyasha being only a hanyou, would prove most difficult for him. Her heart went out to him. It wasn't his fault that he had ended up like he was and she shouldn't take advantage of his current situation with the rosary.
She bent down to the facedown form of the hanyou, intent on apologizing, but never got the chance. As soon as the spell wore off, Inuyasha leapt to his feet angrily and whirled around to face her. “What the hell did you do that for wench! Watch your damn mouth!”
Kagome swallowed the apology, her irritation taking its place. “I was going to say I'm sorry-”
“Well sorry ain't enough!” he snapped.
“Which is why I kept it to myself!” she retorted fervidly.
“Why don't you keep this stupid necklace to yourself!”
“Because you need it!”
“The hell I do!”
“The hell you don't!”
“And this is exactly why this internship is needed,” Hitomi stated shaking her head at the quarrelsome two. “Higurashi Takeda Corporations is the lead technological innovator in the world. Our products are the number one retail on the market and few of our competitors can match or even surpass our high quality merchandise. And with this merger, we will be able to go above and beyond the norm. But we won't be able to do this if you two aren't properly trained and don't cooperate with one another.”
“In other words, pack your bags tonight and get all of your good-byes out of the way.” Megumi slid two envelopes across the table. “These are your plane tickets. And do make sure that you all are on time. We wouldn't want you missing your flight.”
Kagome pouted and turned to her father for support. “Daddy, do I have to go? Sango, Ayame, and I were all planning on going traveling this summer.”
“I'm afraid so sweetheart. But I'm sure that you will have a fun time.” A twinkle sparkled in his brown eyes. “You could think of it as a honeymoon with work on the side.”
“She's not the one I had in mind,” Inuyasha muttered to himself and thought of what Clarice LeBeau would have to say. So much for three weeks alone on a secluded island with his sexy French mistress.
After realizing that trying to persuade their parents to change their mind was pointless, Inuyasha and Kagome stalked out of the office angrily, but not without the plane tickets in hand.
Ryo released a heavy sigh as they slammed the double doors behind them. “So you really think that this training will be enough to solidify their liaison?”
“It should be, both husband/wife and associate wise,” Inutaisho assured settling down in the recently abandoned seat. “And once their fall term begins at the university, they can work here part time. If the employees don't accept the unification of both of our companies through our children, we're going to have a very big problem on our hands and I`m not talking about the staff not trusting one another.”
“Naraku,” Hitomi stated darkly.
The taiyoukai nodded solemnly. “His company is becoming increasingly aggressive and is increasing in revenue with every day that passes. He will do almost anything to guarantee his company's success in the business world.”
“He can't buy us out yet can he?” Megumi voiced her concern nervously.
Ryo shook his head. “Not yet. But if things don't go according to plan, there's no telling what might ensue. All we can do is hope that our kids can overcome their differences and bring this company out of its momentary slump.”
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 
In front of the big, dome shaped building, a pair of crimson eyes trailed after two bickering individuals as they climbed into a red Ferrari. A twisted half smile curved onto the owner of the blood red irises' lips as the car barreled out of the parking lot and onto the busy intersection. `Soon,' the person thought smirking, `very soon, then it will all be mine.'
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
End.
.
.
.
.
 
AN: By now, you're probably wondering about a lot of things. Like what happened in Kagome's and Inuyasha's past and why their parents lied to them about their company booming when in actuality it is waning and who the mysterious figure was that was staring at the couple as they exited the building, (though I'm sure most of you already know who it is -)
All will be revealed in the future. So stay tuned. More drama and suspense to come!
Next Chapter: I can't say much on it, just that I hope you all like suspense and trepidation.
Drop me a few lines and tell me what you think! I thrive on feedback. It gives me so much confidence. J
Ciao for now!