InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Til Death Do Us Part ❯ The Amends pt 2 ( Chapter 14 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't, but wish I could.
AN: And you guys thought I wouldn't I update when I said I would. Shame on you. Ever since I've gotten out of high school, I think I've been pretty consistent with the whole updating thing. Anyway, first and foremost, I must clarify what actually took place in the last chapter since some people were confused with the whole flashback thing. Ok, whenever I italicize something, it means it's a flashback of their past. Otherwise everything is taken place in the present. The flashback in the last chapter took place at a charity event and was the start of when Inuyasha and Kagome first started having feelings for each other. I hope that clarifies things for you. I guess I should've mentioned that beforehand. :smiles sheepishly:
: And you guys thought I wouldn't I update when I said I would. Shame on you. Ever since I've gotten out of high school, I think I've been pretty consistent with the whole updating thing. Anyway, first and foremost, I must clarify what actually took place in the last chapter since some people were confused with the whole flashback thing. Ok, whenever I something, it means it's a flashback of their past. Otherwise everything is taken place in the present. The flashback in the last chapter took place at a charity event and was the start of when Inuyasha and Kagome first started having feelings for each other. I hope that clarifies things for you. I guess I should've mentioned that beforehand. :smiles sheepishly:
Second order of business……THANK YOU GUYS! I love you all for your inspiring comments and feedback. That totally motivated me to update on time seeing as though you love this fic so much. Hopefully this chappie will answer all of your questions. You guys are the best::throws flower and chocolate to audience and begins to cry: I feel so special. I read each and every one of your reviews and they all hold a special place in my heart. Let me stop. I'm getting mushy. :wipes away tear:
Oh and for those who are curious about how many more chapters there are until this fic is over and done with…I haven't decided yet. Probably around 22 or 23, but don't quote me on that. There are three major events that will take place just for your information, so be prepared to be shocked out of your pants. - Anyway, on to the good stuff. I hope you enjoy!
.
.
.
.
.
The Amends pt. 2
.
.
.
.
.
Tremors of excitement raced through her nervous system as his fingers nimbly caressed the exposed skin of her lower back and lightly traced the curve of her spine. She instinctively pressed herself further into his tight hold so that his long muscular length covered her small frame and relished in the feel of his hard torso against her body. Being in his arms had never felt so…right.
“You're beautiful,” he whispered nuzzling the skin just below her earlobe, his fangs nipping playfully at the sweet, nakedness of her exposed flesh as he held her firmly to him.
Kagome giggled, partly due to his teasing ministrations, and partly because of his uncharacteristic display of affection in public. “You're beautiful too, my Inuyasha.”
A deep growl rumbled deeply in his chest as he abandoned her neck, and instead headed toward her lips, those full, pouty lips that he found absolutely tantalizing and yearned to devour with every inch of his being whenever he was with her. It didn't take long for him to find what he was craving for as he rubbed his lips affectionately against hers before sliding his tongue through her partially parted lips and thoroughly swept her moist cavern, loving the sweet, honey like taste of her mouth he desired with a passion.
“Hello you two? Contrary to what you all think, you are still in the midst of company,” Sango announced wryly as they parted to take a breath. “Remind me never to come here with you two again if all you're going to be doing is sticking your tongues down each others throats. And in a public place no less. There are little children here. And may I remind you that we are here to eat ice cream and not each other`s faces?”
With her face flushed a faint shade of pink from her previous exertion, Kagome offered her friend a sheepish smile and grudgingly extricated herself from her boyfriend's arms and lap so she could move to her own seat, much to his displeasure.
“Since you're not comfortable with public displays of affection, maybe you should get yourself a boyfriend so you can find out that couples don't give a rat's ass what other people think when they are making out,” Inuyasha smirked pulling Kagome back onto his lap and wrapping his arms around her waist so that his hands rested on her flat stomach. “I'm sure Miroku would enjoy experiencing it with you since he has yet to find a girl.”
At the mention of his name, the monk in training told the young women at the table beside them to hold on and swiveled around in his seat. “Did someone say my name?” he asked readjusting his glasses.
The vein just above Sango's right eyebrow began to twitch. “Tell me again why I agreed to come with you here in the first place Kagome?”
But Kagome was too busy giggling at something Inuyasha whispered in her ear and massaging his puppy ears to notice what her friend said.
“Sango-sama,” Miroku said turning his attention to the girl beside him, an innocent smile plastered on his face. “Please just forgive me for my lecherous deeds that were committed at the charity ball. I promise that I won't try to anything on you like that again, unless you desire me to do so.” He put on his best puppy dog look when she glared at him unconvinced. “I know how the please a woman.”
“Than please leave me alone. I'm not into the consistently horny type.” She stood up toe leave. “Kag, I'm going home. I thought it would be just the two of us, not the peanut gallery.”
“Oi, I resent that,” Inuyasha huffed indignantly.
“Wait Sango,” Kagome slipped out of the hanyou's arms and came to her feet. “I'll behave. At least wait until the ice cream comes.”
Sango shook her head sadly. “That's ok, I'm not hungry anymore. I guess I'll see you all later. I`m going to be at Ayame`s if you need me.”
Miroku stood abruptly. “Wait. Allow me the pleasure of walking you to your friend's house. It's the least I can do.”
Sango eyed him warily, as if not sure what to expect, but reluctantly agreed.
Kagome grinned as the couplet walked out of the ice cream parlor. “Those two will be together before you know it. They`re perfect for each other, I just wish Sango would see it.”
“Ah, they'll come around eventually. Now back to us.” He tugged her chin down gently so that they were face to face and leaned in to capture her lips when she placed a finger on his hovering mouth.
“I've got to go to the bathroom.” She wormed her way out of his hold again, but not before placing a chaste kiss on his nose. “I'll be right back.”
Inuyasha made a pouty face. “You're leaving me? You'd better be quick.” Overturning her hand, he place a kiss on her palm. “I don't know how long I'll last without you.”
“I'm sure you'll survive,” Kagome teased withdrawing her hand and flashed him a smile that made his heart do a sudden flip flop in his chest before retreating to the lady's room.
She grinned broadly upon entering the bathroom. Euphoria. That is what she felt whenever she was with Inuyasha, her now official/first boyfriend. After the incident with the wolf youkai and the kiss they shared when it was all over and done with, he immediately decided that she was worthy of being `his', which was a big shock to their family, friends, and those who had witnessed their animosity toward each other in the previous years.
At first, it felt odd for her to have him by her side when normally he pushed her aside when they were younger, but following the days of his heroic rescue of her almost certain demise, they were inseparable. They talked on the phone every minute that they weren't together and when they were, it was almost always a guarantee that things would become hot and steamy and while they hadn't actuallywent past second base, she knew he was the right one to give up her virginity to.
Blushing at the thought, Kagome finished her business and ventured back to their table where her adoring boyfriend would be waiting, but the sight that lay before her made Kagome stop dead in her tracks.
A girl, clad in indecent clothing with a miniskirt that rode up her thighs and a tube top that barely covered her breasts, sat comfortably on top of Inuyasha's lap, obscuring his face from view. She leaned in and began playing with his bangs, her words soft enough that only the hanyou's acute hearing could pick up on.
Kagome felt her heart constrict in her chest. He was cheating on her already? They had only been together three weeks and he didn't possess enough respect and honor for him to be loyal to her? A relatively large lump wedged itself into her esophagus, inhibiting her lungs from properly inhaling oxygen. Just as her eyes began to fill up with unwanted tears, the slutty looking girl was suddenly shoved onto the floor, all talking ceasing and all eyes on them.
“What the hell's gotten into you?” she hissed heatedly rubbing her rear end. “You weren't acting like that last time we were together.”
“Stupid wench! When I say no, I mean fucking no! I-” he trailed off when his nose picked up the subtle scent of jasmine and immediately snapped his head up to where Kagome stood, an expression of hurt and bitterness betraying what she must be going through. Unable to look at him anymore she turned away from him and started walking out of the exit.
“Wait, Kagome!” Inuyasha jumped over Kikyo's fallen form and ran with the speed that only those of youkai descent possessed in front of Kagome before she could reach the double doors.
She blinked when he unexpectedly appeared before her. “Get out of my way, Inuyasha,” she spat out his name with contempt and spite. “I knew I was right about you. You're nothing more than some womanizing playboy. I want nothing of you anymore.”
“Kagome,” his voice cracked emotion, his golden eyes reflecting pain and shame and aggravation that was literally tearing his soul apart inside. He didn't want to lose her. Inuyasha reached out for her hands, but was taken aback when she recoiled from his touch. “Kagome, it wasn't what you think. That fucking bitch is an over obsessive psycho and has been stalking me ever since day one.”
Kagome sighed. Over obsessive psycho today. She wondered vaguely what would be tomorrow. Perhaps an compulsive neurotic freak? Would he be making up excuses for the rest of the time that they were together? “Inuyasha-” The rest of her sentence was discontinued when he enveloped her in his arms and crushed her to his body possessively.
“Kagome, you know I would never hurt you like that,” he murmured breathily into the crook of her neck, drawing in her scent like a starved man while inwardly trying to assure himself that she wouldn't leave him. “I've never met a girl like you wench.” Inuyasha loosened his hold on her just enough so that he could see her face. “I've never cheated on you since the day we started going out.” He swept her bangs away from her forehead so that he could properly see her captivating sapphire jewels that shined up at him with bittersweet emotions flashing through them as sad and happy battled for control.
“And believe it or not,” he continued softly, peering intensely into the beautiful windows of her soul, “this is the longest relationship that I've ever been in, ever. You make me feel complete. You are my friend, my enemy, my confidante, my sweetheart.” His heart warmed as tears of happiness trailed down her pink cheeks. “Do you believe me when I say that you are the only one for me? And that I would rather gorge my eyes out than to betray the trust that you've me?”
“Yes, Inuyasha,” she laughed throwing her arms around his neck. “I believe you. And I do forgive you.” Snuggling into the warmth of his chest, she had never felt so alive, so cared for,…so loved in her life. And she would be lying if she didn't admit that his words had struck a tender cord within herself, a cord that was reserved whole hearted and completely to the one that captured her heart. And maybe, he was the one.
A round of applause ruptured the silence after their display. Some people whistled, some people awed, and some girls wished their boyfriends could be just as sweet as the handsome hanyou, but the couple didn't care. In fact they were too busy gazing lovingly into one another's eyes to care about anything else other than themselves…and failed to see the murderous gleam glinting dangerously in the brown eyes of the girl who had been shoved onto the middle of the floor and forgotten about.
.
.
.
.
.
.
“Why do you hate me?”
Inuyasha quickly masked the shock and surprise he had felt when those words fell from her lips. He hadn't expected her to be so…blunt about it. After successfully evading the topic of the origins of their hatred for the time that they had been stuck together, it just felt bizarre to finally be addressing the matter of abhorrence between them. But he wasn't yet ready to let go of the righteous anger that had been engraved in his soul for the latter part of his life. It fueled him. It drove him to go on, to survive, to succeed. And if they decisively eradicated that stimulation, what would be left? Would she expect them to go back to the way things once were? Where they had left off? Or would the resentment be too thoroughly etched into their hearts to forgive and forget?
“Why the fuck do you want to know anyway?” he snapped crossing his arms, incapable of restraining the mounting frustration this whole scenario was having on him. Feelings that he had locked deep within his being were suddenly being unearthed and it wasn't easy dealing with an issue that he had tried his best to hide and forget.
Kagome's eye twitched. “Because, Inuyasha, we need to work things out between ourselves since we're going to be stuck with each other for the rest of our existence. And I, for one, am sick of dodging the subject. Now stop being so defensive and give me a straight up answer!”
“I don't have to if I don't want to,” he snorted in a petty, childish manner that further exacerbated Kagome's already high strung disposition.
“Stop being a baby and just answer the question!” she yelled glaring at him.
“You're not the boss of me bitch! You tell me why you're so always in a pissy mood around me!”
“You want to know why I'm in a pissy mood around you Inuyasha! Fine! I hate your cocky attitude! I hate the way you think you're better than everybody else just because God gave you better looks than others! I hate the way you perpetually play around and toy with female's feelings and discard them as if they were a piece of worthless trash! But you want to know what I hate the most about you Inu-” Coughing abruptly racked her lungs, preventing her from finishing her declaration. She wheezed painfully and clutched her chest as the coughs racked her body violently.
Inuyasha winced as the air in her lungs continued to be expelled in rasps, his instincts telling him to comfort of help her, but his pride held him back. Clenching his teeth in resilience, he forced himself to remain immobile and listen to her gasp for air. It was her own damn fault for getting worked up in the first place. Regrettably this justification failed to bring him any consolation and made him feel even guiltier for just sitting there doing nothing.
“Why do you hate me so?” he asked quietly when her breathing became evened out again.
“I hate you,” she collected the needed oxygen and slowly slanted him a penetrating glance, “because you are a back stabbing fiend who betrayed the love and trust I bestowed upon you and completely validated my initial conceptions of your typical behavior.”
Inuyasha jumped indignantly to his feet at the accusation, an expression of incredulity written across his features. “You've got to be fucking kidding me bitch. You're a two timing wench that fooled around with that mangy wolf! You betrayed my trust!”
Kagome's mind reeled, her face scrunching in confusion as she sifted through scenario after scenario in her brain to see where he was coming from.
Inuyasha plopped back down on the floor in his usual cross legged position, his facial muscles twisted with pent up vexation. “I trusted you with my heart,” he growled softly, fixating his heated gaze to the wall, finding it much easier to speak to an motionless object than directly to the one that had been the cause of all his misery. “You don't know how much it hurt me to see you with him. It was like a damn knife in my back.” He suddenly rammed his fist in the ground, putting all the constrained emotions that waged had constant war inside of himself due to the events that took place into it.
.
.
.
.
“I'm not going to repeat myself bitch. Now get the hell away from me. Every time you come around you always manage to disrupt the peace. You're full of issues and drama that I don't want to be a part of. Now get out of my business and my life and stay away from Kagome.” Paying no heed to pouting female in front of him, Inuyasha bypassed Kikyo without a second glance and began to look for his girl.
He knew they shouldn't have come to Yura's pool party, not when his jealous ex was out for blood and to get him back, which was the last thing that he wanted. Even after he tried to persuade Kagome that they could chill in his private pool within the comforts and luxury of his house, she insisted on coming, unconcerned with the fact that Kikyo would be there.
A smile curved the corners of his mouth, even thought the putrid stench of chlorine was strong enough to make him puke. That was his Kagome. Forever looking on the bright side of life and looking at the good in people instead of focusing on the bad. It was a wonder why she didn't have a boyfriend before they began seeing each other, though he was eternally grateful that he was her first boyfriend. The thought of another male touching what was his made a low growl escape his throat. She was his and his alone. And that was all that mattered.
But all thoughts fled his mind when he finally found her, his smile vanishing, his heart clenching painfully.
This was the girl that had always been loyal to him. This was the girl he doted on daily and gave his undivided attention to every waking moment of his life for the past month. This was the girl who had captured his heart in a way no other had come even close to. This was the girl who he wanted to marry someday. The was the girl he had come to love.
And to see her, in the arms of another, her head tilted back as the wolf slowly placed a kiss on her lips, the lips that belonged to him, infuriated him beyond words. But it was the pain that hurt more. The pain at seeing the girl he loved wrapped up in the embrace of another male, her body flush against his.
And that was all Inuyasha could take before he snapped. Sprinting toward the kissing couple like hell was on his heels, the hanyou howled in fury and pain and other chaotic emotions that made him blind to anything else and drove his fist into Kouga's face. The wolf's head snapped back, the force of it making him lose his equilibrium and fell into the pool, allowing Inuyasha to yank her toward him.
He tried with all his might to calm the furor of fury within him and it wasn't helping that she stared at him like he was slime, sending another painful jolt directly into his heart. “Kagome,” he ground out, his voice thick with the unsaid feelings racing fervently through his soul, “what the fuck do you think you're doing?”
Jutting her chin out stubbornly, she stared back at him with equal intensity. “Exactly what it looks like I'm doing. Leaving you.” His hand latched tightly onto hers before she could turn to leave. “Get off of me Inuyasha,” she ordered tightly, blue eyes flashing with bridled anger and held a pissed off Kouga at bay with a hand. “Stay out of this.”
“Tell me what the hell is going on,” he demanded in a deadly quiet tone, his grip gradually tautening, flames of rage searing through his veins, his liquid gold orbs ablaze with barely controlled restraint .
“You want to know what is going on, I'll tell you what is going on. I am no longer your girlfriend Inuyasha, because I'm tired of being treated like just another one of your play things. Unlike your persona, I actually have feelings, and I`d rather not get them trampled over by your callousness and lies.” She snatched back her wrist with a force that caught even him off guard. “At least I know where Kouga's loyalty lies.”
Each word struck a raw nerve, wounding him deeply. How could she? Concealing his confusion and pain behind a mask of vehemence and bitterness as she walked over to where Kouga was patiently waiting for her, he folded his arms to hold himself back from punching the daylights out somebody. “At least now I know what a manipulative bitch you really are.” He smirked when he got the desired effect, for she had stopped retreating. “You fucking played me for a joke. And I'll admit it, that you had me. I got caught up in your little game and didn't see what was really going on until now. Thanks for nothing. Oh, and when you have time, be sure to get your fucking knife out of my back. I'm sure you'll need it in due time for the wolf and then he'll be able to see what a whoring little wench you are.” Had not the chlorine of the pool and the stench of people crowded his nose, he would've been able to smell the scent of fresh tears exuding from his now ex girlfriend.
.
.
.
Kagome stared implausibly at him. “You seriously cannot believe that I was the one who initiated all this unnecessary drama?”
“I caught you in the arms of that stinking wolf, not the other way around!” he snapped.
“What about before that happened? Let me refresh your memory in four simple words,” she hissed. “You. Kikyo. Locker room.”
.
.
.
“Are you sure you want to go to Yura's pool party?” Inuyasha inquired behind the shades of his expensive Gucci sunglasses, his arm draped casually across the shoulders of his girlfriend as the limo pulled up the designated mansion.
“Of course I want to go,” Kagome reassured him with a smile and pressed her lips lightly upon his to show that she meant it. There was no way in hell she was going to let him attend his ex girlfriend's pool party alone. She trusted him, but she didn't trust a bunch of over zealous, half naked females who would all squawk at the chance to get Inuyasha, minus his girlfriend, alone.
“Come one, I'm hot and I want to go in for a dip.” She started to get out when the chauffeur opened the door for them, but was suddenly pulled back in when Inuyasha sneakily snaked an arm around her waist and pulled her into his lap.
“Or we can just stay in here with the air conditioner while I make you even hotter,” he growled nipping her on her uncovered shoulder and with a clawed hand gently began massaging her thigh muscles, in which her short shorts allowed access to.
She shivered in pleasure at his ministrations, but knew that she would stay inside the limo forever if he did it any longer. “Inuyasha, we'll have plenty of time for that later,” Kagome playfully swatted his wandering hand away from legs and scooted off of his lap.
Inuyasha's chest heaved in mock exasperation. “Ah, you're such a tease Kag.”
“You know you wouldn't have it any other way,” she winked before getting out.
“Damn straight.”
The party was already under way by the time the butler led them to the back. Bikini clad girls lay tanning on their beach towels while the guys played around in the Olympic size pool, where a volleyball net had been set up. Tables had been set up with various hors d'oeuvres laid out in case anyone got hungry. Music pumped loudly through the triple bass sound system on the deck, where those whose strong point wasn't swimming, were dancing wildly, some giving each other body shots of whatever drinks were available.
Kagome grinned when she saw her friends lounging near the shallow end of the pool. “Hey Inuyasha, I'm going to say hi to some people.” She stood on her tip toes and kissed him on the chin.
Unsatisfied with her display of affection, Inuyasha embraced her lithe frame and tugged her closer to him. “I don't want to share you with anybody else,” he purred seductively into her ear, the vibrations of his voice making a piercing jolt of some inexplicable sensation contract in lower abdomen and igniting her desires for him.
“I-Inuyasha,” she trembled in his hold, her breath catching, her pulse racing.
Catching whiff of her change in scent, the hanyou desires piqued as well. “Lets leave now.” His voice had become low and husky. He nipped her bottom lip, pleading for an opening.
Kagome parted her lips and welcomed his stroking tongue, enjoying the warmth and security of his embrace, the overwhelming smell of his spicy scent that put made her mind fog up with thoughts she shouldn't be thinking of. She suddenly pulled away breathlessly. “Inuyasha,” she chided playfully, her cheeks flushed with red, “behave yourself, we're in public.”
“Your point?” He leaned in for another taste of heaven but she evaded him.
“Bye Inuyasha,” she teased tweaking his ear for good measure and walked over to where her friends lay soaking up the sun.
“Wow, you two just can't seem to get enough of each other,” Sango remarked with a wry smile as soon as she sat down beside them.
“What can I say? He's a great kisser,” Kagome responded pulling her shirt over her head so that her bikini would be in viewing range and to hide her red face.
“Aww, Kag, you don't need to be modest about it. You and Inuyasha make such a cute couple,” Ayame commented rubbing suntan lotion over her skin.
“I thought youkai don't get sunburns or sun strokes,” Sango inquired.
“We don't. Its just that I can't stand the smell of chlorine. Its sickening.” The wolf youkai slathered on more of the cream.
Kagome frowned as she went to take off her shorts and realized that Inuyasha had left his cell phone in her pocket since didn't have any. “Hey guys, I have to give that idiot his phone. I'll be right back.” She stood up and walked back over to where she had left him. “Inuyasha, where are you,” she said to herself, skimming the crowd for his trademark white hair and grinned when she caught him going into the outdoor custom made locker room that was designed to house the needs of those who needed a place to put their stuff.
Happy that they would have a little alone time in the small domicile, Kagome trailed after him into the locker area, a goofy smile on her face. But her path was cut off when someone stepped in front of her.
“Higurashi, what a pleasure to see you here. Were you invited too?”
Kagome's smile faltered, but she kept it plastered to her face his sake. “Obviously Hojo or I wouldn't be here.”
He laughed. “You're such a kidder Higurashi. So are you reallyhaving fun?”
“I am, but I really have to go now,” she said tapping her foot impatiently. “But it was nice seeing you.”
“Same here. Oh, and tell Inuyasha I said hi,” he said smiling and moved back so she could pass.
“Sure thing.” Skirting around his smiling form, Kagome headed to the locker room. She wrinkled her nose as soon as she stepped in. It smelled like a mixture mildew, dirty socks, and chlorine. Not a pleasant aroma in the least. Her ears picked up when she heard his unmistakable voice and followed his silky tone down the line of lockers until she reached the end. It seemed as though he was talking to someone else. Peeking her head curiously from around the bend, she looked to see what was transpiring.
A spike of jealousy ripped its way through her soul, shattering her happy mood. Anger and hurt and shock rippled through her like wildfire. Inuyasha, the hanyou who had vowed to her in front of a crowd of people in the ice cream parlor that he would never cheat on her, had his back turned to her and was in the middle of whispering something into the ear of the same girl who he claimed he had no affiliation to while her arms encircled his neck, her fingers nimbly playing with his hair as she giggled to whatever he was saying.
Choking back a sob, Kagome leaned back and quietly left. The gravity of the situation proving too much for her heart to handle. Even though they had only been together for a month, she loved him with every fiber of her being and was planning on telling him. But obviously he didn't feel the same way. With heated emotions overtaking her mind and unshed tears clouding her vision, she failed to notice she had bumped into someone until that person seized her by the shoulders to prevent her from falling.
“Kagome, are you alright?”
She blinked back the salty water to clear her vision. “Kouga?”
He smudged a lone tear that had trailed down her face. “It should be a sin for girl as pretty as you to cry. Its not very becoming.”
Kagome managed a thin smile. “Sorry. I just caught Inuyasha in Kikyo's arms and I couldn't handle it. I mean, I thought he loved me…well be never really verbalized it, but I thought it was like this unspoken thing between us. I knew I shouldn't have trusted him,” she said bitterly.
“Oh, Kagome,” he murmured enclosing her into an embrace. “Just know that if you need any comfort or anything, I'm here for you.”
“Thank you Kouga,” she said into his glistening wet chest.
“I know that this must be a difficult time for you right now, but you have to remain strong. Don't give him the satisfaction of seeing you down and miserable. Be strong Kagome. I know you have the strength to get through this, I have faith in you.”
His words inspired her to pull herself together. He was right. She possessed the strength to get through this. And she would. Detaching from him a bit, Kagome smiled into his suntanned face. “Thanks Kouga. You really made me feel a lot better.”
He winked at her. “No problem Kag. I'd do anything for the girl I want to become my girlfriend.”
Red began to stain her cheeks at his barefaced statement. “Umm, girlfriend? So soon? I just got out of a relationship.”
“All the better to get in one before you get depressed again. Think about it Kagome. I will always be there for you. And have no doubt that I will always remain loyal to you and only you. I've had a crush on you since the first day I've saw you. I never had the courage to ask you out until now.” He gazed into her endless pools of blue. “Give me a chance. I promise you that I won't let you down like mutt face did. He's too ignorant to know how to treat a beautiful girl with the respect and trust she deserves.” And with that he leaned down to press a gently kiss to her lips, to prove that he was being honest.
His kiss was nice, but it was strangely lacking in some incomprehensible way which didn't compare to Inuyasha`s hot, fervent lips crushing her own. Kagome mentally wrote off the thought, and blushed in response. Why was she comparing kisses now of all times? Her mental reverie was disrupted when someone punched Kouga into the face and yanked her out of his arms. Her eyes widened in shock before curving to disgust at who it was.
.
.
.
Inuyasha sat quietly after she had stopped speaking, his blank golden orbs exposing no trace of emotion. Outwardly, he was the embodiment of calm, inwardly was another thing. His mind lurched with confusion and understanding at the same time. His guilt had reached staggering heights as he began to see the stupidity of his ways. She had seen him with Kikyo. That was what had set in motion the events to come.
“Would you say something and stop staring into space,” her voice cut through his thoughts and brought him back to reality.
He stared into her irritated eyes. “What do you want me to say?”
“First off, you can start with how all of this is your fault-”
“My fault!”
“Yes your fault,” she hissed. “You told me that she was some obsessive fanatic, but then I caught you in the act with her in your arms.”
Inuyasha minced the vegetation on the ground to keep his anger in check. “What you saw in the locker room was fucking nothing,” he said through gritted teeth, “All I wanted to do was take a piss and suddenly she shows up behind me, claiming that I should leave you for her-”
“I guess you took her up on that offer,” Kagome muttered.
“Shut up and let me finish!” he snapped at her. “And I couldn't accept it for obvious reasons and so she asked if she could get one last hug from me and then she would be out of my life forever. So I agreed. And while I hugged her, I basically told her to stay the hell away from us. And that was it.”
“Then why was she giggling when you told her this?” Kagome shot back.
He threw up his hands in frustration. “The hell if I know! I told you she was one fucked up bitch. I was glad to get away from her crazy ass. One minute I'm telling her to stay out of my life, the next she is laughing like its some kind of joke. Maybe she saw you and wanted to make you jealous. I don't know what goes through her psychotic mind.”
Kagome didn't say anything for a moment as she let her mind digest what the hanyou had just revealed to her.
Inuyasha smirked. “Come on bitch, say something and stop looking so stupefied.”
She sighed. “I don't have anything to say other than this whole situation is screwed up.”
“What screwed up about it is that you're the one who actually cheated in this relationship,” Inuyasha said cynically. “Throughout the whole time that we were together, I've never kissed another girl besides you. You, on the other hand, ran right into the arms of that wolf five seconds after you see me with Kikyo. And then kiss him for fuck's sake! What the hell were you thinking!”
“I didn't want to think, that was the whole idea! It made me sick to my stomach when I saw you with her.”
“And yet you didn't have the common sense to face me in the locker room? If you had just spoke up and demanded what the fuck I was doing, we wouldn't be sitting here yelling at each other right now!”
“So you're saying that this was all my fault!” she yelled indignantly standing to her feet.
“Yes it was all of your fault!” he yelled right back to her. “You betrayed our trust! You ran away from the situation instead of confronting it straight up! And if you hadn't been such a fucking slut, we would probably still be together!”
Kagome would be lying if she didn't say that that last bit stung. It was like a slap on the face, the words hurting her to the core, the heart, more than anything he had ever said to her before. “I don't have to stay here and take this crap. I'm leaving.”
She stormed out of the cave without a backward's glance, holding back the tears that threatened to fall and threw the bushes and branches out of her way so she could leave. The harsh pelting of the rain as a crack of lightening ignited the sky in a burst of electricity made Kagome second guess her decision about walking out. But her pride wouldn't let her. Instead, she continued to march, to where, she didn't know. All she knew was that she didn't want to stay in that cave another minute with him. Withholding the sudden urge to give in to another cough attack, she continued on into the dark, cold, and stormy night. A hand suddenly gripped her hand from behind, temporarily halting her steps.
“Get back in the cave now before the wind blows your ass away!” Inuyasha shouted over the howling of the gale force winds.
“No! You're the one who can't stand being me around since I'm such a slut!” she spat in his face and tried to wrench her wrist free unsuccessfully, the raging winds and the coldness of the bombardment of rain further inciting her aggravation. “Maybe I should just stay out here and dig myself a hole and sleep in it given that filth such as myself shouldn't be in the presence of you!” She squeaked in opposition when he picked her up and hauled her over his shoulder effortlessly, only setting her back down once they were back within the confines of the his hand made cave.
“Didn't I tell you that you're not going anywhere until your illness has passed?” Inuyasha said with his back turned as he the reconfigure the makeshift door to the cavern.
“Just leave me alone,” Kagome sighed, too tired to summon the energy to argue or get angry once more. Their relationship was too confusing and he was only making things worse and with an impending migraine throbbing dully in her head, she just wasn't in the mood to consider what could have been and what should have been or what would have been. She simply wanted to rest her aching body. Another spasm of coughing assailed her lungs before she turned over on her side to face the wall. Shivering slightly within Inuyasha's wet shirt and from lack of clothing, Kagome huddled into a fetal position, self-respect keeping her from asking Inuyasha to light the fire. She didn't need his help. She could do fine all by herself.
Striking a match from the book he had carefully safeguarded within the pocket of his khakis, Inuyasha tossed the flaming stick into the pile of brushwood and watched as the fire came to life. Sinking onto the palm and moss laden ground, he leaned back against the wall and crossed his arm, glancing at the girl who slept on the opposite side of the blazing inferno, hunched into a little ball off in the corner.
He winced as he replayed their conversation over in his head, his conscious screaming stupid over and over in his mind. He had called her a slut. It just slipped out in the heat of the moment. His ears wilted sadly. It was no wonder she hated him. Things would always slip out of mouth when he was angry, things that he had no control over and it killed him inside that he had said those things to her now and then.
Making a mental note to apologize and make it up to her in the morning, he turned on his back and stared at the ceiling of the cave. Maybe after he expressed regret for calling those horrible names to her, they could start over, or perhaps, pick up where they left off. He had missed her, even after all the years had passed. He had missed her high-spiritedness. He had missed her scent. Their kisses. Her gentle touch. But most of all, he missed holding her in his arms. It was a feeling he had never forgotten and though he had tried on numerous occasions to squelch the feeling with other women, it was just never the same.
Finally giving in to his exhaustion, Inuyasha closed his eyes and let sleep overtake him.
It was about three in the morning when the smell hit him. The raw, prevailing scent of it. His eyes quickly adjusting to the lack of light since the fire had long since died out, Inuyasha rolled over and sat up, instantly alert. His stomach tightened in knots as he glanced in the direction where it was emitting strongly from. Kagome.
Golden eyes wide with genuine fear and concern, he rushed to her side. “Kagome?”
No response.
He hesitantly reached over to touch her. The biting sting of her cold, pasty skin sent a shock up his arm. Fear painfully gripped his chest as he slowly turned her over, semi afraid of what would greet him. His heart virtually stopped, his breath catching in his throat as all oxygen left his lungs. “Kagome!”
.
.
.
.
End. (for now of course)
.
.
.
.
AN: Well, there you go. Chapter 14 all done, with just an teensy weensy little cliffhanger. You guys should be alright. And in case you're confused, combine the elements of an oncoming cold, wet clothes, and freezing temperature and what do you get. One hypothermic Kagome.
Until next time people. Remember to review! Ciao for now!