InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Til Death Do Us Part ❯ The Rescue ( Chapter 16 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: If I owned Inuyasha, I wouldn't be writing fanfiction, but swimming in money and living large.

AN: This update didn't take long at all now that I'm all better. Thanks to everybody who voiced their opinions about pink eye. I hate it and hope I never get it again. Since some people are concerned over the length of this story, I will restate what I previously said in one of the other chapters. This baby has 9 more chapters left, excluding this chapter, so rest assure that there will be more to come with twists that will blow your brain. Special thanks to Footballchik21 for pointing out in the last chapter the fact that Kagome recovered entirely too quickly after being hypothermic. I had to go back and change a few bits and pieces in the end, but it's still relatively the same. Thank you girl!

Big thanks to Kimmie, who has agreed to beta my chapters so they won't lack so much in the grammar area. Unfortunately since I'm visiting the grandparents for a couple of weeks and their computer is from the Stone Age, they won't be beta-ed until I go home. She's such a sweety.

Thank you my loyal reviewers for all the wonderful feedback that's been flooding my inbox. I feel so appreciated. So appreciated that I'm already working on the next chapter and have part of it done. Its all for you guys and all of the effort you put into clicking that one little button and telling me you love the story. If only I had enough time to thank you each individually. :(

Blizzard-shadow-venus: Oh I wouldn't dare abandon this story…yet. I at least want to get to the good stuff before moving on to bigger and better things…just kidding. :) I wouldn't dream of leaving all you guys out there in suspense forever. Thanks for the review!

Sweet little country girl: Thanks for all the love!!! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :)

Sailor-scribe: ::gasps:: Wow. We've got a celebrity in the house. ::rolls out red carpet:: Thanks for reviewing. Have I mentioned that I love your stories? And about inu finding that box of condoms…lol…that would be really funny. Maybe when if I write the bloopers I'll incorporate that scene. ^-^

Gopher2806: All of the questions you've just asked will all be answered in the next chapter so stay tuned and thanks for reviewing.

Kagome59: Aww, I'm sorry your dog died. Since I never had one I don't know what you're going through, but hopefully this chapter will provide you with some sense of happiness. I'm glad that I'm able to help in any way.

The Rescue

Higurashi Ryo stared unseeingly down the extensive table as one of the company's most valued employees babbled incessantly about something that was probably important and likely to deal with the financial disarray that Higurashi Takeda Corporations was currently undergoing, but his mind was anywhere but the presentation. The safety of his daughter and son-in-law weighed heavily on his already burdened mind. It wasn't as though he doubted Inuyasha's ability to protect his daughter, but rather their ability to communicate and coincide with each other, as a couple should. How in the world were they supposed to survive on their own if they fought like cats and dogs…if they were alive at all?

Ryo inwardly sighed. His seemingly endless mound of dilemmas were beginning to stack one on top of the other in a continuous cylce of migraines and stress. The blue-eyed man used his forefinger and thumb to massage the bridge of his nose an effort to assuage the effect all the stress in his life was having on his pressured sinuses.

The events that were occurring now and in the last couple of months were taking their toll on him mentally and physically. His usually maintained apparel that consisted of sharp, expensive clothing that conveyed his debonair taste was oddly lacking nowadays in neatness and thought. His typical clean-cut face possessed a haggard raggedness to it with stubble and tousled hair that spoke volumes about his rapidly depreciating existence.

But he didn't care. He had stopped giving a damn some time ago. The empire he had so carefully constructed was slowly crumbling in front of his eyes, and there was precious little he could do about it.

A sudden nudge to his arm jarred him from his depressing thoughts, making Ryo notice that the attention in the room had been diverted to him. "I'm sorry can you repeat that?" he inquired, mentally berating himself for his inability to focus.

"Well," Inutaisho interceded so that the entire presentation wouldn't have to be reiterated, his sharp gaze fixed on the young man at the other end of the table, "what Senkeko-san here was saying is that his team is in the process of developing a prototype of a three dimensional hologram that could easily revolutionize the way we utilize computers and accessing information via the Internet. It's an absolutely brilliant idea and it will no doubt be a seller on the market, but the problem is our lack of time. Would your team be able to create and perfect this product in less than a month?"

The young brown haired man shifted nervously beneath the penetrating stare of the taiyoukai and the expectant gazes of the members of the board. "Well sir, we would have to factor out the probability-"

"We don't need to hear about probabilities and calculations," Ryo cut him off abruptly. "We need to know, with a definite yes or a no, if your team can complete the said task in the set time."

After a moment's deliberation, Senkeko nodded to affirm his answer. "We'll try."

"Don't try. Do." Inutaisho growled in irritation when he felt his mobile begin to vibrate from the inner regions of his pocket. Both annoyance and the present meeting were completely forgotten when he took a look at the caller id. "Did you find them?" he barked hastily into the phone.

"Hello to you too, Takeda-sama," Myouga greeted, his words laced with cynicism.

"Don't be cute with me old man, I don't have time for your shit."

"Have you ever considered anger management as a means to curb your disturbingly hostile personality disorder?" the detective deliberately baited the already tense inuyoukai.

The vein in Inutaisho's neck bulged angrily as a streak of red flashed through his golden retinas. "Listen here you wrinkly little bastard, when I sink my claws into you-"

Ryo smartly snatched the mobile away from his red-faced partner before things got out of hand. "Myouga-san, did you find them?"

"Yes and no," his tone immediately switching to seriousness now that he was speaking to someone with a level head, unlike the hot headed taiyoukai who irritated the piss out of him. "So far we've been trying to contact all the private air strips in the area, including your own, to see if there were any flights booked for the same day that your kids were scheduled to take off. And earlier this morning after talking with various personnel from a couple within a fifty mile radius of Tokyo, we narrowed it down one specific trip near the marina."

"And?" Ryo questioned tersely, waving off a pissed inuyoukai who was demanding the phone back.

"Upon arriving at the air strip and going through routine protocol, where we basically question the employees, check the books and so on, my detective and I found that one of the registered private jets turned up missing. Apparently it supposedly crashed and yet nobody failed to report it. After further investigation we found an abandoned and completely demolished limousine not too far away from strip. The license plate matched the limousine of your dead chauffeur we located in the ravine a week ago."

All of the color drained from Ryo's face. He tightened his grip on the mobile and tried to slow down the rapid beating of his heart. "So you saying that they're dead?"

"That much is unclear to us at this moment. We've detained the two pilots that were supposed to have been piloting the jet your children were on."

"Wait, wait, wait," he stopped the detective before he could continue. "If they didn't fly the plane, then where-"

"If you would let me continue," Myouga interposed, his voice betraying his near exasperation with both family's impatience. "Although the main pilot, isn't talking, we've managed to crack the copilot. He's revealed to us that they were hired by an anonymous individual to carry out the execution of the young Takedas via automatic plane that was programmed to shut down after reaching a certain distance."

Ryo felt his chest tighten considerably. "What is the chance that Kagome and Inuyasha are still living?"

"That all depends on the location that the plane shut down. There are a few small, uncharted islands en route to Hawaii. I have a search and rescue team combing the area now, but you must remember that my men have a lot of ground, err, ocean to cover and the kids might already be dead."

An emotion akin to relief spread throughout his body at the fact that there was still a chance that they might be alive. It was better than having no idea of where they were at all. "Thank you Myouga-san, for all of your hard work."

"Nothing my precinct can't handle," the detective remarked with a hint of pride. "I'll get back to you as soon as I have located their whereabouts."

"It's about damn time," Inutaisho grumbled once done eavesdropping while Ryo said his farewell, his eyes glimmering with relief. So cops weren't as stupid as he pegged them to be.

"This meeting is officially adjourned." Ryo hurriedly came to his feet and gathered the papers in front of him. He wanted to get home and tell his wife the good news as soon as possible. "Alpha team, I wish you the best of luck with your project and hope you do succeed. This company needs a boost to get us back on our feet. Good luck." And without further ado, he swiftly exited the conference room.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Ryo-san had called a few hours ago with the news that there was some minuscule hope that Kagome and Inuyasha were alive if not well, but that did nothing to pacify the aching pang of somberness that echoed continuously in Ayame's heart. She felt like crap. She looked like crap. All in all, her life had reached a new low. And it was all thanks to Kagome.

She knew she shouldn't be thinking ill will towards her friend, and she wasn't, but it was the honest to God truth. It was Kagome's fault that she and Kouga were no longer on speaking terms; that her life long dream of having him love her the same way he loved her best friend was only a fantasy that would never become an actuality. Hell, she stole him from her in the first place. It was Kagome's fault she had cried day and night for the past week because she thought her best friend had perished off the face of the planet.

Ayame groaned and slammed her head into the balcony rail repeatedly to extract the negative thoughts from her head. This was Kagome she was thinking about. Not some manipulative, conniving bitch. She was the sweetest, kindest, most compassionate person Ayame had ever met. How could she think that it was Kagome's fault that her life was so messed up right now?

She stopped rapping her head on the railing and contented herself with staring out into the distance, the balcony providing a breathtaking view of the front of the manor. From the azalea bushes that outlined the base of the house to the sakura trees that were cleverly planted so they traced the perimeter of the driveway in a welcoming kind of manner to all those entered and exited the gravel outlet. Ayame let out a slow sigh, her green eyes straying to the human gardener who was currently cutting the lush green grass of the property with his lawn mower.

The scent of vanilla and strawberries drifted into her nostrils, alerting her of the presence of another on the balcony besides her. "Hi Sango."

The taijiya came up next to her friend and leaned against the railing, her head cocked to the side in a questioning manner. "Hey Ayame. You aren't still depressed are you? Didn't you hear what Ryo-san said? It's only a matter of time until they're found and brought home."

"I'm not depressed," the wolf youkai argued feebly.

Sango arched a brow. "This isn't about Kouga is it?"

"No," she mumbled half-heartedly, her eyes still averted from her friend's inquiring ones.

"Then what is wrong?" she frowned. "You haven't been yourself lately, though I can understand with Kagome and Inuyasha's disappearance. But that doesn't explain why you're always secluding yourself from the rest of us. We don't talk as much anymore and whenever I do try to initiate a conversation you always give me those one worded answers."

Ayame shrugged noncommittally, not really interested at all in what her friend was trying to say. Her mind was elsewhere at the moment.

Sango growled in frustration, throwing her hands up in aggravation. "I can't help you unless you tell me what's wrong Ayame."

Anger flared in her green orbs for a second as the wolf youkai finally turned her attention to the taijiya. "Why do you suddenly want to know what's going on in my life now? Why don't you go talk to that lecher of a boyfriend of yours since that's who you're with all the time anyway."

An expression of enlightenment dawned upon Sango's face, her mouth curving into an 'o' as she finally realized part of the reason behind her sullen behavior. "This is about me having a boyfriend and you not having one isn't it?"

Ayame gaze favored the floor instead of meeting the intense brown orbs of her friend. "I don't know. I just feel…alone right now," she said softly.

Sango didn't say anything, but waited patiently until she was ready to speak again.

A ghost of a smile flitted across the wolf youkai's features. "You know, things were so much simpler back when we were pups. No responsibilities, no problems, no heartache…just us having pure, undiluted fun without the added complexity that comes with age. Remember the time when the three of us were nine and that bully…what was his name?"

"Bankotsu."

"He kept bothering us in school and you and Kagome wouldn't let me beat him up because I would get expelled. So we decided to get him back for all the crap he put us through," she laughed hollowly at what happened next. "One day during lunch, Kagome distracted him while you and I put laxatives into his soda and dead worms in his sandwich. Not an appetizing combination."

Sango chuckled at the memory. "The teachers called an ambulance because they thought he had food poisoning. Then they made him take all of those tests to make sure nothing was wrong with him. He stayed in the hospital for three days."

"Yeah. Never did see him after it happened." Her smile faded. "Those were the good days. Now that we're older and husbands and boyfriends take away all the time we used to spend with each other. It just seems like we're all growing apart."

"Oh Ayame." Sango wrapped a comforting arm around her friend's shoulders and smiled at her in assurance. "We aren't growing apart, just growing up. No matter how many boyfriends or husbands come into our lives, we'll always remain friends. No guy can ever come between the bond that we three share."

Anger suddenly bloomed within the wolf youkai as she digested the latter of what was just said. Ayame shrugged Sango's arms off of her and glared at her. "It's a little too late for that isn't it?"

The taijiya opened her mouth to say something only to be silenced by Ayame's finger. "It's ok Sango. I don't have a problem being alone. Although wolves are meant to be a part of a pack, they also have a natural instinct to survive on their own. That is simply what I'm doing in this case. Kagome has Inuyasha. You have Miroku. Shippou has Kirara." She pointed to the kitsune who was dancing gleefully around the yard with the neko youkai at his heels, happy that Kagome was still alive and wanting to share his mirth with the world.

"And I…" she trailed off with a wistful smile. "I have no one. Kouga should be mine, but we both know that will never be happening. He has already given his heart to another."

For once, Sango was at a lost for words, partly because she knew that what her youkai friend had said was somewhat true. Where was Kagome when you needed her? She was better with the advice giving than her. "Ayame," she began slowly, searching for the right words to convey what she felt the girl needed to hear and hoping she didn't screw up, "The only reason Kouga is in love with Kagome is because he thinks the feeling is mutual. I'm sure that once she comes back and straightens out-"

"And what happens if she doesn't come back?" Ayame snapped, her fangs beginning to emerge from their depths in a very hostile manner. "What if she's dead? Kouga is already acting like some obsessed lover searching every inch of Hawaii in hopes that he'll find her right now! Just think how he'll react if he catches wind that Kagome's dead body has been found! How am I supposed to compete with the dead woman who has departed to the afterlife with his heart? Not that it will be any different than if she was alive-!"

Ayame was cut short by the stinging slap that was delivered to the side of her face. All coherencies fled her mind when numbness of shock that her best friend had just slapped her wore off as the biting pain registered in her mind. She lifted her gaze from the side of the house to meet the teary, yet angry brown eyes of the taijiya.

"Is this what you were saying about guys coming between our bond of friendship?" Sango inquired with cold harshness. "Because you've just proven that theory true. How could you be so selfish Ayame? Kagome could be hanging on by a thread floating on a piece of driftwood out in the middle of the sea somewhere and all you can think about is your own covetous desires. And Kouga? How dare you say he is acting like an obsessed lover? He is just as concerned about the well being both Kagome and Inuyasha as we are. I'm only disappointed that I can't be there with him to help on the search."

Ayame felt tears pool in her eyes. Gods, Sango was right. She was acting greedy and covetous while Kagome could be dying out in the ocean somewhere. Guilt gnawed at her soul for thinking that Kouga's intentions were anything but honest. The salty liquid began to make wet trails down her cheeks. "Sango, I'm…" She looked up to find that the taijiya had already started retreating back to the interior of the house.

"I'm sorry," she whispered in a cracked voice and let the burning tears overflow, not bothering to wipe them away as if they could provide some kind of purification for her heinous feelings and words.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

It had always been a frequent dream of his, even after they weren't together. It was the perfect scenario; one that portrayed love, trust, and complete serenity. Ever since the budding affection he felt towards Kagome in the beginning had blossomed into full blown love, he had always envisioned waking up after a passionate night of love making with her lithe, naked body entangled with his own. So it was only natural for Inuyasha to pinch his arm to assure himself that the ethereal beauty lying vulnerably in his arms was very much real, that it wasn't another one of his fantasies gone overboard.

Granted they hadn't made love, but it was the simple action of holding her in his arms that brought Inuyasha overwhelming satisfaction and belonging. A lazy smile curved on his lips as he recalled the events that had occurred the night before. She had come back to him from the beyond, had forgave him for all the stupid shit he had done, that they had done to each other, and had admitted her unrequited love to him.

The past four years of his life had been miserable without Kagome in his life, though he wouldn't openly admit it to himself or anybody else for that matter. To drown out the haunting memories of her that constantly replayed them over and over in his mind and drove him to the brink of insanity, he had immersed himself in a world where innocence was unheard of, a place where thoughts of Kagome would be overpowered by the villainess, the loudness, the overall wickedness of it all. With the wild parties, the even wilder friends, and the women galore whose sole purpose was wiping away the lingering memories and thoughts of the love that had walked out of his life, he had been too busy having fun to think about her and what they had once shared.

But even that hadn't erased the plaguing sense of emptiness that engulfed his soul. And it had taken him the latter portion of his life to figure out that the reason that nothing could fill the void that enveloped his entire being was because she wasn't in his life. He hadn't been living up until now, only existing. She had filled a part of him that was left wanting and bare when they separated. He had missed her warmth, her smile, her optimism, her kisses, her caresses…her love. And when she left, she took a part of him with her, the part that was needed so that his soul would be whole.

Inuyasha stared adoringly down at the creature nestled comfortable in his lap, her head resting contentedly over his heart, one hand splayed delicately across his chest, the other wrapped around his lower torso, her tantalizing scent wrapping around him in a none too subtle way that sent his mind reeling. His facial features softened as he swept the soft mass of wavy, ebony locks that were fanned out on his chest away so that he could attain a better view of her lovely face. 'Gods she is beautiful.' She was the epitome of peacefulness, her lips drawn so they curled in a cat like smile.

"I love you bitch," Inuyasha whispered into her ear, his lips elusively brushing against the sweep of her neck lovingly.

Her eyelashes fluttered lackadaisically before slowly opening, revealing a pair of sleep laden blue eyes, in which immediately shifted to surprise as her mind gradually began to revert back to its normal state of functioning. "Umm, Inuyasha?" she inquired, her voice laced with confusion and uncertainty, her eyes darting to the wall of the cave to the provisional door where rays of sunlight streamed in through the thicket.

A flash of fear flicked through his honeyed colored orbs. What if she didn't remember? Had everything they went through, all the trials and tribulations that they had encountered and overcome with flying colors been in vain? Did she even remember their professions of love to one another? He swallowed the enlarged lump in his esophagus, inwardly praying that that wasn't the case. "Yes?" he countered, unable to keep the hesitancy and tinge of dread out of his voice.

Kagome stared up at him for a moment, a look of utter bewilderment gracing her features. "Inuyasha…why…" She trailed off, then, incapable of holding back the fit of giggles that had bunched inside of her chest at his pitiful façade, erupted into full-fledged laughter.

Inuyasha gaped at her in bewilderment. Had the hypothermia drove her to insanity? "Uh, Kagome?" he questioned, unsure of how to exactly to approach the mentally deranged. He once had an uncle who was had been dubbed clinically insane, but then, who wouldn't be driven to insanity with a paranoid, domineering mate that threatened to cut off his balls every time she thought he was cheating on her.

Too caught up in the hilarity of the prank, Kagome ignored his inquiry and continued to laugh, the muscles in her stomach clenching at the exertion.

The hanyou's ears twitched, his eyes narrowing in suspicion. Why did get the distinct feeling that he had been set up? "Oi bitch. That wasn't fucking funny," he growled half-heartedly, his anger curbed by the melody of her angelic voice.

"I'm sorry Inuyasha," she gasped for air as the giggles subsided, a goofy smile adorning her face, "but the opportunity presents itself and I had to take it. You're such a sucker."

Inuyasha pouted and looked away from her with mock hurt, his ears dropping for effect.

"You're so adorable when you're pouting," Kagome remarked softly, retracting her arm from his torso so she could tweak his ear, but winced in pain when a dull aching came with the action. Blue eyes flashed with discomfort upon finding that she couldn't move one any part of her body without the accompanying pain.

"What's wrong?" His attention immediately snapped back to her, his brows creased in worry and concern.

Kagome tried to extract herself from his lap, but her limbs refused to cooperate. "My body is still stiff and achy from last night," she ground out struggling to force her body to bend to her will.

"Stop stressing your body wench," he scolded lightly tightening his grasp on her. "You're a recovering hypothermic. Your body needs time to recuperate from being frozen and cold. Hell woman, you almost died. You need to take it slow and easy today; no over exertion with any strenuous activities."

"You sound like my father," Kagome grumbled sticking her tongue out at him. At least she could do that without pain. She squeaked when he captured her tongue with his mouth and began sucking gently on the organ, the gentle scraping of his fangs along the exposed piece of flesh sending jolts of pleasure through her system. Instantly melting into his firm embrace and succumbing to the oral worship, Kagome felt her blood heat and her pulse race when he stopped sucking on her tongue, his mouth closing over hers entirely in a heated kiss that made her toes curl. She didn't know where he learned to kiss but she silently thanked the gods for blessing her with such a talented hanyou.

"Inuyasha," she gasped for breath, her face flushed with warmth and rising desire, a teasing grin stealing across her features. "What about me not exerting myself with strenuous activities?"

He groaned in dismay, his own words turned against him. "You don't think we could make an exception?"

"Silly hanyou," she taunted, ignoring the cramp in her neck, Kagome leaned up to kiss the tip of his nose. "We have all the time in the world for…that." The faint color of pink colored her cheeks at the suggestive innuendo she had just put forth. 'I guess that's what I get for spending a week on a secluded island with the king of playboys.'

Inuyasha felt his heart melt at the sight of her innocence and knew from that moment on that she was the one for him. "You are so adorable when you blush," he murmured with a half smile as he placed a chaste kiss on the side of her forehead, his fingers instinctively intertwining with hers in a display of complete unity.

Kagome felt her breath catch in her throat as her sparkling blue oceans clashed with his piercing sun lit orbs as he stared into her soul. Is this was love really felt like? Did love really make you feel as if you were on a constant high just from being around the one you loved; that you could practically drown in their scent? Did love make the butterflies in your stomach procreate at the speed of light with slightest of touches? Was the electricity that galvanized her skin when their bodies were pressed together a result of love?

And then it all made perfect sense. He was the reason why her relationship with Kouga could never progress further than friendship. He was reason why she had felt an inexplicable incompleteness until now. He was like the missing link to the consummation of her soul, a perfect match for her. Like any mortal, Inuyasha had his faults. He was an ass at times, rude, obnoxious, arrogant, stubborn, and too proud for his own good, but she wouldn't change a thing about him.

"Inuyasha." She forced her aching limbs to comply and cup his face with her hands, her eyes never leaving his. "For the first time in a week, I'm actually glad that we crashed on this island."

"Because it's the perfect make out haven?" he smirked.

Kagome rolled her eyes, the smile staying intact. "No stupid. Because," she began, her fingers tracing the contours of his strong jawline, " if we hadn't came here, we never would have worked things out between us. We would've remained angry and frustrated and hated each other for the rest of our lives without ever knowing the real cause behind it all."

"I know," he admitted softly, his claws relishing in the feel of her silken tresses. "Remind me to thank the genius that concocted this harebrained scheme if we ever get off this island."

"What if we never get rescued?"

"Then would you mind living out the rest of your days in paradise with me?" he asked, amber eyes serious.

"I wouldn't mind living with the hanyou I love on this island for the rest of my life," she smiled up at him affectionately.

Inuyasha felt his heart soar at the declaration. She loved him. And that was all that mattered to him. He brought his nose to her cheek and nuzzled her skin. "I love you Kagome."

His words made each and every one of the limbs in her body melt into a boneless heap. "I love you too, Inuyasha." Her heartbeat thudded against her ribcage insistently as his lips grazed the skin on cheek before rising above her lips, hovering for a few agonizing seconds that tried the extent of her already dwindling patience. The subtle caress of his warm breath on her lips was driving her nuts, her own breath quickening with anticipation.

Finally deciding that she had had enough torture, Inuyasha inwardly grinned and he bent down to relieve her lips of their suffering when the loud, incessant rumbling of her stomach abruptly shattered the mood. He chuckled at her beet red face. "Hungry?"

"Starving," she mumbled with a shy smile though mentally cursed her appetite for interrupting the tender moment.

As if sensing her distress, Inuyasha placed a brief kiss on her heated lips so he wouldn't lose total control. "How about fish?" he offered.

Kagome groaned. "I'm sick of fish. We had fish yesterday, and the day before, and the day before that."

"Ok, rabbit? Boar? Pig? Coconut? Berries?"

"I miss my banana nut muffins," she complained with a hearty sigh. Gods, what she wouldn't give for one muffin, even if it were a crumb. She could work with a crumb.

Stifling the urge to laugh at her, Inuyasha nestled his face in betwixt her chin and neck. "How about we skip breakfast entirely," he suggested nipping lazily at the tender skin, unable to satisfy the insatiable taste he had for her delicious body. "We could improvise."

Kagome's eyes widened slightly as one of his hands wandered south of the border, settling lightly on her inner thigh. "What about my condition?" She gasped when his claws began massaging the area below her hip in a very sensual manner that had heat pooling in her lower abdomen in response.

"I'm sure we can work around it. In fact, you won't have to lift a finger." The scent of her increasing arousal had his own piquing to innumerable heights. Powerless to contain his desire for her body any longer, the hanyou quickly laid her on the ground and settled on top of her carefully so he wouldn't crush her with his weight. "We could pretend that we're having breakfast in bed."

The sheer wickedness of the grin he cast at her and the darkening of his retinas in a haze of hunger ignited a surging fire within Kagome's veins. She could hear her heart thumping loudly in her ears as he slid down her body so that his head loomed dangerously close to her belly button. "And instead of eating on plates with utensils, we could eat off of each other." A devilish glint alighted his golden orbs as his tongue dipped into the curve of her navel, eliciting a moan of pleasure from his wife. "I'd much rather have you to eat than food any day," he confessed and licked the area around her navel, his eyes never leaving the pleasure laden blue eyes that enraptured his soul.

Kagome gasped for air, his oh so talented tongue sending shockwaves of electricity and hedonistic rapture coursing through her body with every flick, every stroke, every brush against her stomach. "I-I-I-nu-yasha!" her voice trembled belying wanton cravings as his wet organ continued an upward path to her bikini top.

"Your skin tastes more delectable, more exquisite than any kind of food that I have ever encountered in my life," he whispered as his hands worked to unfasten her bra.

"More than Ramen?" she managed to say in between breaths.

Golden eyes laughed as he swiveled his tongue seductively along the expanse of her abdomen. "So much more and then some." His hands stopped working the clasp, the ears atop his head rotating and twitching in the direction of the entrance of the cave.

"What is it?" Kagome asked worriedly when his activities discontinued.

A low growl rumbled in his chest, his eyes hardening with anger and irritation. "We have company." Prying himself from her body, Inuyasha came to his feet and walked over to the doorway. With one swipe of his claws, he demolished the branches and bushes that obstructed his path.

Kagome struggled to stand, refraining from noticing the instant protest of her rigid muscles and limbs. If he wasn't going to tell her what was going on she would find out for herself. Kagome yelped when the acute twinge of a charley horse in her leg caught her off guard, consequently causing her to lose her equilibrium and would have landed on her posterior had not her husband swept her up in his arms bridal style.

"Damnit bitch, what did I tell you about over exerting yourself?" he chastised, a steely edge to his voice that she couldn't quite decipher if it had been meant towards her or something else.

"Inuyasha tell me what's wrong," she demanded, annoyed that he was leaving her in the dark.

The muscle in his jaw twitched slightly but he adhered to her wish without dissent. Rather than tell her what ailed him, the hanyou opted to show her. With Kagome resting in his arms, Inuyasha walked outside and headed toward the beach.

She squealed in excitement when she saw the approaching plane. So she was going to have that banana nut muffin after all. "Yay! We're finally going home." Kagome planted a juicy kiss on the side of his neck and frowned in confusion when he didn't respond, his hardened gaze remaining as it was. "What's wrong Inuyasha? I thought you'd be happy that we were going home."

He gave an evasive shrug and set her down on the sand before walking over the sizable accumulation of branches and wood he had constructed just in case a plane happened to fly near the island. Taking out the last of the matches, Inuyasha struck it against the book and tossed it into the firewood. Not bothering to watch the flames come to life in effect, he treaded back over to where Kagome sat and plopped down next to her, assuming his usual Indian style sitting position.

Kagome observed his guarded expression with concern. Scooting closing to him with some level of difficulty, she placed a hesitant hand on his arm and leaned over to peer into his heedful amber eyes. "Inuyasha, tell me, why the sudden change of attitude? Do you not want to leave the island?"

"Keh. I don't care either way."

Kagome wished she had the capability to pick up the rock that rested next to her hand so she could use it to bash some sense into his thick cranium. "Inuyasha," she growled in a warning tone, her anger spiking at his evasive demeanor. "If you really love me and want us to have a fresh start, then we need to have some communication or else it's no different than when than when we had all of those misconceptions about each other."

Hating the fact that she was right, he sighed and dropped the apathetic façade, allowing her to really see what was bothering him. He didn't want to admit it, but some part of him was afraid of what awaited them back in Tokyo. 'What if things reverted back to how they were before we came here? What if we somehow forgot about what took place here on the island and all of things that were said? What if-,' the mental thought was left incomplete when he felt her head come to rest on his chest, her arm snaking around his waist.

"Inuyasha, I will never forget what happened here. How could I? All the events that took place lead up to you coming back to me. I love you Inuyasha. Nothing will ever change the way I feel about you. Nothing can come between us." Kagome smiled when his expression of insecurity faded.

His gilded eyes connected with hers as the rest of the world ebbed away into nothingness, his attention solely focused on her and only her. "Kagome," he murmured, raising a clawed hand to stroke the side of her face gently so as not to cut her, "you truly are a godsend to me."

And from that moment on, they knew everything was going to be all right.

End. (for now of course)

AN: Mushy stuff. Don't you just love it? Now tell me what you think. Hugs and kisses ppl, Ciao!

J.Catseye