InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Til Death Do Us Part ❯ The End pt1 ( Chapter 24 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
Disclaimer: I don't own anything affiliated with Inuyasha.
 
 
 
 
AN: Fast update, but that's only because this is part one and it was a bit too bland for my taste. The next part will be the grand finale and have all of the elements that you readers enjoy: violence, love, death. Since spring break awaits me this weekend, I'll probably get the rest written and posted soon enough. For those who were confused about the whole `Kagome's not dead' ploy, I suggest you reread the last couple of chapters thoroughly. Once again, I must thank all of my loyal reviewers for taking time out to comment on how much you love the story. I love you guys! Enjoy the chap.
 
 
 
 
FrameofMind: You're on top of this criticizing business. It seems as though you've discovered one of my many errors as I was writing out the end of this story. Actually, I had planned a different ending, but changed my mind at the last minute. (I really need to be more decisive. Lol) Later on I'm going to go through and edit this entire fic. And about the merger,…you'll find out soon enough why the marriage is so essential. Would you mind terribly beta-ing for me? I wouldn't mind help from a pro. ;)
 
 
 
The End pt1
 
 
 
 
`Wait for me Kagome. I'll be joining you soon.'
 
Black lashed eyelids flew open, exposing a set of unusually brilliant blue eyes, the echo of the haunting words jolting her back to reality with a vengeance. Weakly pulling the facepiece that covered her nose and mouth down to her chin, Kagome groggily struggled for a moment to take in the compulsory gulp of air. Squinting at the brightness of the white room, she allowed her eyes time to adjust before assessing her surroundings. She was in a hospital; that much was for sure. Lifting a hand to rub her aching head, she winced at a sudden tug at something sticking out of her arm and looked down to see an IV tube imbedded in the crook of her right forearm.
 
“Oh Kagome, you're finally awake.” The bed-ridden girl only saw a blur of blue and black before being enveloped in a woman's arms. Kagome cried out as a knife-like, piercing pain shot through the side of her stomach to the lower region of her back.
 
The woman immediately jerked back, releasing her from the embrace. “I'm sorry. I forgot about your fragile condition. I'm so happy that you're alright.”
 
“Mom?” Kagome croaked once the spasms in her abdominal area subsided.
 
Hitomi swiped at a stray tear that leaked from the ocean of salty liquid in her eyes. “I can't believe that you're okay. That fool of a nurse scared the hell out of us when she misinformed us about your condition.” She blew her nose into the tissue in her hand. “I have to remember to talk to whoever's in charge around here to fire that little wench.”
 
Confused as to what was happening, Kagome closed her eyes and tried to focus on the last thing that she could recall, which was proving to be quite a feat with a maddening migraine drilling a hole into her brain. There had been the battle with the oni. Inuyasha had made her stay in the basement with Shippou. She had wanted to see if there had been any progress in the battle, but there had been a man with a gun. A streak of awareness hit her like a bolt of lightning. “Where is Shippou? Is he okay? Are the others okay? Where's Inuyasha?” She struggled to come to an upright position. Another shooting pain burned a path through her insides, drawing a scream from Kagome as she fell back against the pillow.
 
Her mother immediately rushed to her side, her face the epitome of worry. “Sweetie, try to stay still. You've just come out of surgery twenty minutes ago and your body is still healing. The more you move around, the slower it's going to take you to fully recover.” Hitomi retrieved a clean tissue out of her pocket to wipe off the sheen of sweat that accumulated on her daughter's forehead as she strained to regain her composure. “Shippou and the others are fine. They all came out of the battle with the oni unscathed, save for a couple of scrapes and bruises.”
 
Kagome tried to be relieved with the knowledge that her friends were okay, but was unable to shake the inexorable feeling that something wasn't right. As her mother went on in details of her injury and the surgery, she could sense an unexpressed anxiety in both the nervous movement of her hands and the barely detectable edgy tenor in her voice. Kagome sighed. She was so tired of everything, particularly the unspeakable secrets that enshrouded her parents and their company. “Mom, what are you not telling me?” she asked frankly. “Enough with these mind games and underhanded tactics to keep us in the dark. You keeping things from me resulted in my being hospitalized, both times.” It was a low blow, but desperate times called for desperate measures.
 
Hitomi looked away, guilt written over her features. “I suppose I do owe you an explanation considering the circumstances.”
 
“No, you would owe me an explanation regardless if I was hurt or not, you being my mother and all,” Kagome responded striving to curb her anger to forestall the forthcoming sear of pain from her wound.
 
Pursing her lips together as she mentally debated rebuffing her daughter for treating her like a child or yielding to the girl and letting her know the extent of their fix, Hitomi resolved for the latter and pulled her chair closer to the hospital bed. The older woman settled down in the cushioned seat and ran a hand through her tangled mass of locks that looked as though it hadn't seen a brush or comb in weeks. “Kagome, before I tell you anything, just know that Ryo and I have made a lot of mistakes these past couple of months, but none of them were intentionally meant to cause you any harm.”
 
`And we see how that turned out,' Kagome thought indignantly, but said nothing, knowing that it would only add insult to injury.
 
“The genuine reason behind our decision to merge our corporations was not only because we wanted to build a substantial empire, but also because in a matter of months, we would've been completely bankrupt.”
 
“W-what?” Kagome sputtered instinctively sitting up, only to be viciously brought back down by an acute ache in her side.
 
Hitomi hopped back to her feet and helped her daughter settle back down on the pillow. “If you don't stay put young lady, I'm not going to tell you a thing,” she chastised maternally and tucked the white sheets carefully around her form.
 
“I'll stay down,” Kagome succumbed, wincing as the last vestiges of the throbbing pain receded from whence they came.
 
Once assured that her daughter wouldn't do more harm than good to her body, Hitomi took her seat again. “Ok, where was-”
 
“The bankruptcy,” Kagome cut in, annoyed.
 
Hitomi slanted her a look that plainly expressed her dislike toward her tone when she was the mother figure here. “I suppose you can say that both Higurashi and Takeda Corporations got a little too comfortable being on top throughout the years. Yes, we have always been in competition with one another, but over time, we got too used to the idea of us in a long running tie for first. We grew lax, thinking that we were untouchable.”
 
“And am I correct in assuming that you were wrong?”
 
“Very much so,” the woman answered kneading her temples with dexterous fingers. “And to make a long story short, the overvaluation and speculation of stocks in addition to a deficiency in top selling commodities caused our decline in revenue. To make matters worse, one of the industries we had overlooked grew vastly in a brief period. Their owner made it quite clear that he would buy us out when we had reached the point of no return, which was advancing at that point. In a last attempt to save what we had worked so hard to forge, Higurashi and Takeda merged into one giant corporation. The marriage of you and Inuyasha only helped solidify the bond between our companies so it'd be harder for another company to buy us out.”
 
She spared a glance to Kagome, who laid unusually quiet, azure eyes distant as she stared at the ceiling overhead. Hitomi's shoulders slumped dolefully, her daughter's silence making her guilt multiply tenfold. Deciding to finish what she had started, Hitomi continued. “Unfortunately one of the pitfalls of coagulating our companies with your marriage was a clause in the merger stating that if either of you die within the duration of the first two months of your union, the integrated corporation would dissolve back into its original companies, which would in turn make both us and the Takeda's penniless.”
 
“Why didn't you tell us in the beginning?” Kagome asked inaudibly, not removing her gaze from the ceiling to look at her mother. “You could have saved us a lot of trouble if you had just been honest instead of covering it up to hide your slip-ups.”
 
Remorse coiled and knotted in Hitomi's stomach. “I know sweetheart. And I am sorry for all of this. We never thought in a million years that our toughest rival would be so desperate as to jeopardize your lives in order to destroy what we had. Regrettably, we overlooked this fact and gave Yamamoto Naraku the upper hand in all of this. He rigged the plane you two were supposed to take to Hawaii to stop functioning, thinking that you both would be killed and Higurashi-Takeda Corporations would disperse. When that didn't work out, he organized that band of oni to attack your estate, distracting everyone while he sent a hired man into the house to kill you off. You don't understand how hard we're trying to convict him, but there's no way to prove our allegations since we have no evidence against him.” A surge of tears overcame her emotional barricades and began to tumble down her rounded cheeks. She had endangered the life of her offspring and her friends all to keep her precious company and there was not a damn thing she could do to prevent another attack.
 
A lump formed in Kagome's throat, her eyes drifting to hold her mother's melancholy gaze. “It's not your fault…totally. And I'll still love you despite of everything. You just got caught up in something that you had no control over.”
 
More tears fell from Hitomi's eyes. Standing, she leaned over the bed and gently hugged the injured young woman, grateful for whatever deities existed that she had been blessed with such a wonderful and forgiving daughter, one who looked past people's faults and one whose heart was so full of compassion and clemency that she didn't have room for condemnation, even when her life was constantly put on the lines. “I don't know what I did to deserve a daughter like you.”
 
“I don't know either,” Kagome laughed lightly, ignoring the brief spasm of pain that accompanied the embrace. She didn't know why, but it seemed like it had been years since she had last seen her mother. “I should be the one thanking you though. If it hadn't been for you guys, Inuyasha and I wouldn't have gotten back together. I guess in the end, it all turned out for the best.” The corners of her lips dropped when she felt her mother stiffen at the mention of the hanyou's name.
 
Hitomi reluctantly extricated herself from the delicate embrace with a downcast expression. “About Inuyasha…” How should she put it that at present her daughter's husband was on a path to self-destruction because he thought she was dead?
 
Panic stirred in Kagome's gut. “Mom, where's Inuyasha?” she struggled to keep her voice even and balled her fists to keep calm, disregarding the pressure of the pulse oximeter against her palm.
 
“We don't know honey. After one of the interns told us you had died, his youkai blood took over and he became volatile. The medics had to sedate and restrain him in one of the hospital rooms down the hall. Soon after we found that he had jumped out of the window. His destination is still unknown, but Inutaisho has already sent his men out in search for him and they're hot on his heels.”
 
`Wait for me Kagome. I'll be joining you soon.'
 
The words rang distinctively within her mind, their origin deriving from the only person who would purposefully kill themselves in order to join her in the afterlife. Gasping, Kagome's hand flew to her mouth, crystallized ice forming in the pit of her stomach. Inuyasha truly believed that she had died. And that meant only one thing; that sooner or later he would commit suicide trusting in the fact that she would be waiting for him in the next world.
 
“Kagome, are you all right?” Hitomi helplessly watched the play of emotions on the girl's face, her heart aching at the sight of her daughter in so much pain and fear. How she wished she could do something to prevent Inuyasha's future from being in an oblong box.
 
Not trusting her mouth to make the necessary words, Kagome nodded.
 
“Don't worry, I'm sure that Inuyasha is fine. Inutaisho will find that impetuous boy before he does anything stupid, understand?”
 
She nodded in response once more. Silencing her unsaid fears and anxiety, Kagome feigned relief and closed her eyes as if in exhaustion. “Mom, I'm really tired.”
 
Hitomi smiled understandingly. “Of course dear. You've been through so much today. I want you to get a good night's sleep and in the morning we'll sort everything out. By then, I'm sure that Inuyasha will be found and everything will be fine.” She bent over and placed a loving kiss on her forehead. “If you need anything, I will be right outside in the waiting room, okay?”
 
Kagome gave Hitomi a watery smile before closing her eyes again, an indicator that the conversation was over and done with. Listening closely to her mother's footsteps as they exited the room, the door closing silently after her, she cracked an eye to make sure that she was indeed out alone in the room. Satisfied, Kagome opened both eyes completely and looked down at the various apparatuses connecting her to the machines that stood beeping around her bed. She grimaced. It would be undoubtedly more complicated to sneak out of her room with all of the devices monitoring her vitals. Even if she were to remove the electrodes from her chest and arms, the nurses would be alerted she was either dying or trying to escape, which would sequentially create more drama and commotion than her psyche could take.
 
`How am I supposed to find Inuyasha if I can't leave the hospital without being noticed?' Tears of frustration began to collect in pools. There was absolutely nothing she could do. Never in her life had the feeling of unabridged helplessness been so intense. `What I wouldn't give for a miracle right about now.'
 
A soft click ensnared her attention, directing it towards the opening door. She sucked in a sharp breath, her chest heaving with both air and hope. It seemed as though her miracle had just come in the form of a small kitsune. “Shippou.”
 
The child smiled at her shyly as he quietly shut the door. “Hi. I just wanted to check and see if you were okay.”
 
Kagome returned his smile. “I'm fine now. What about you? You got knocked out pretty hard when you were flung into the wall.”
 
Shippou ambled over to the hospital bed before vaulting on top to join his guardian, but stopped short about an arm's length away from her body as something dawned upon him. He hung his head forlornly. “I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough to help you Kagome. If only I wasn't so weak, you wouldn't have gotten hurt. I'm really sorry.”
 
Biting back a grunt, she used to her arms to push herself upward until she was sitting up, much to the consternation of the protesting kitsune who thought it would be best if she stayed down. Kagome reached over and scooped up the young child in her arms. “Shippou,” she cooed soothingly and kindly wiped the fallen tears from his face, “my getting shot was not your fault. What's done is done. I'm just glad that you weren't banged up too bad. I don't know what I would have done with myself if you had gotten hurt.”
 
His shy demeanor returned as a pink tinge colored his cheeks. “You really care what happens to me?”
 
“Of course I do. Why wouldn't I? You are part of my family now.” She chuckled as his surprised green eyes adapted the shape of giant saucers.
 
“Really? You accepted me into your family? Just like that?”
 
“Just like that.” Eeping in joy, he leapt up and wrapped his diminutive arms around her neck, amazed that someone as nice and pretty as this woman could fill the barrenness of his heart after his family was taken away from him.
 
“I hope Inuyasha gets back soon,” he mumbled into her neck, missing the subtle change in her scent as dread took the place of joy within her soul, “then we can be a real family again.”
 
“Shippou, I need your help,” she said swallowing the lump in her throat.
 
“What's wrong?” he asked sliding from her neck with eyes filling with worry. “Do you need me to get the doctor?”
 
“No, no, I'm fine, but Inuyasha is not. I have to get to him Shippou, before he does something really stupid that could end his life.”
 
The kitsune nodded, the graveness of the situation bringing about an air of maturity that exceeded his years. “What do you need me to do?”
 
After quickly running through her plan and what Shippou was to carry out, Kagome began the tedious task of dislodging the assorted devices from her body and transferring them to that of the kit. She removed the syringe part of intravenous drip without a problem. Extracting the needle itself would be a different matter altogether. Quelling a bout of fear, Kagome took a breath in preparation for what she was about to do, her left hand landing upon the hollow needle that lay entrenched in her vein. She gritted her teeth and swiftly yanked the needle from her flesh. Choking back a yelp, Kagome allowed herself time to recuperate before commencing with the easier of her obstacles.
 
Shippou watched out of pure fascination as she pulled the electrodes from her skin and planted them on his chest and forearms. She unclipped the pulse oximeter from her forefinger and attached it to his. Finally free of all the constraining equipment, Kagome was faced with her next challenge.
 
`Great, now how am I going to make it out of this bed without collapsing, let alone make it out of the hospital without being noticed? The things I do for that hanyou.'
 
Shallow breaths followed a muted scream of pain as she slowly disentangled her legs from the sheets and eased them off of the bed so that they were dangling by its side.
 
“Do you need help Kagome?” Shippou inquired biting his lip, the misgivings he possessed for her safety manifesting in his words.
 
“No, I can do it on my own.” Her breathing coming in laborious pants, she held her own and gently slipped off of the bed. Kagome sighed in relief as the pads of her feet met the cool tiles of the floor.
 
“Here Kagome, before you leave, I want to give you some stuff that will help you out.” Shippou dug around in the pockets of his pants, his face lighting up when his fingers enclosed around what he had been searching for. Bringing out his hand, he opened his fist so that she saw what lay flat in his palm. “This will cloak your scent so that youkai won't notice that you're escaping,” he explained pointing to a leaf. “It will only do it for a couple of minutes, so you have to get out fast. And this,” he held up what looked like a spinning top, “will serve as a distraction so you can slip past the guard at the door.”
 
Intrigued, Kagome retrieved the magical gadgets from his hand. “What do I do with this?” she asked examining the sporadic patterns on the leaf.
 
“It's one of my many secret tricks,” he boasted proudly. “Put it behind your left ear and it will do its magic all on its own. And all you have to do with the top is set it on the floor and pull the string. It will give a projection of a giant top and will have the inuyoukai out there running for it while you escape.”
 
“Thanks Shippou. I really don't know if I could've done this without you.” She stooped with some level of difficulty and kissed his cheek.
 
Another rosy blush fanned out across his face. “Good luck, Kagome,” he said coyly, but sobered up all of a sudden. “And be careful. I almost lost you once; I don't want to loose you again for real this time.”
 
“Don't worry,” she assured him softly while putting the leaf behind her left ear, “I promise that I won't die on you. You have my word on it.” Ruffling his carroty mane of hair, she braced her body for the suffering that was to come and began to shuffle across the room towards the door. Each step induced rippling streaks of stabbing pains that shot through her like lightning bolts. Her anesthesia had long since worn off, leaving her to feel every afflicting blow to her system owing to her injury. Kagome seized her resolve not to cry out with everything she had in her. She had to make it; failure was not an option, not when the stakes were so high.
 
By the time she made it to the door, she already felt drained and ready to pass out from the sheer enormity of the pain coursing through her body. Holding a finger up to her lips to quiet his tacit concerns, she aimed a smile of reassurance at the upset kitsune watching the amount of pain she was enduring from his perch on the hospital bed. She turned toward the door and waited as her breathing steadied. There was no going back now. Inwardly crossing her fingers, she used all of the stealth she could summon and soundlessly turned the knob.
 
Cracking the door, she noted not three feet away from the door stood one of the inuyoukai bodyguards that used to be stationed at their manor. His beefy arms were crossed against his massive chest, a no-nonsense expression donning his face as he studied everyone and everything going on around him with keen acuity, his attention not once diverted her way, presuming that everything was fine within the room. She chewed on her bottom lip as she knelt down. Her mind screamed in agony as wave after torturous wave of pain battered away at her senses. Gripping the side panel of the door as leverage against the undulating surges of conflagration that poured forth from her abdomen, she placed the top softly on the tiled flooring and with one fluid wrench, pulled the string to the contraption and let it loose.
 
It zipped out of the doorway in a flash and before the inuyoukai looked over to where the thing had come from; his vision was abruptly obscured by a blinding burst of light. Screams erupted from the hallway as a massive spinning top bounced along the walls of the corridor. Growling, the bodyguard temporarily left his post in pursuit of the foreign object that was causing an upheaval on the eighth floor with the assumption that his ward was secure in her bed asleep, not sneaking out behind his back half jogging down the opposite end of the hallway.
 
With one hand pressed to her throbbing wound, Kagome stopped her light jog once she had turned the corner and ducked inside of one of medical locker rooms. Unable to smother the searing sensation underneath of her hand, she released a cry that tore from her lungs, the angry pulsation behind the paper thin hospital gown amplifying so that her entire body felt as though it were on fire. Beads of sweat began to dot her brow as she struggled to gain her composure. `I don't have time to stand here and catch my breath.'
 
Shoving the warnings in her mind that screamed at her to take it easier, her eyes scanned her surroundings, stopping on a rack that held a collection of white doctor jackets. Deeming that it would be impossible to get out of hospital in her present getup, Kagome lurched forward a couple of steps to the rack and shakily lifted one off of the stand. It took a great deal of effort for her to get it off of the hook and even more so for her to put it on. By the time she was finished, she was sweating profusely and panting heavily. Paying no heed to the signs that visibly illustrated her need to rest, Kagome swept her hair into a looser bun with a scrunchie she found stashed in one of the inside pockets and slipped on some tennis shoes that had been sitting idly on one of the benches, making a mental note to return them.
 
Blue eyes strayed to a clock that hung above the Pepsi machine. She had precious little time to get out before they noticed she was gone. Using the back of her sleeve to wipe the sweat from her face, she schooled her features into a stoic mask and strode out of the locker room. She nodded curtly to passing medics and patients as she made her way to the elevator. Unfortunately for her, she was not the only one going down and it was becoming trickier to keep up her façade. Sweat dripped in rivers from her pale face, her vision swimming in a sea of blurred colors and dizziness.
 
“Miss, are you okay?”
 
“I'm fine, just a little under the weather,” she forced a smile at the old man next to her.
 
He frowned at her answer. “Are you sure? Young doctors today, think you all are immortal.”
 
`Only the fifth floor?' “I'm quite fine, really. In fact, I'm going home right now.” This conversation needed to end now. It was taking up too much energy to form legible sentences.
 
The grey haired man nodded in approval. “Good. My son is a doctor here too. Yamahara Ken. Do you know of him?”
 
“I'm sorry, I just transferred here a week ago. I'm still unfamiliar with names and faces.” `One more floor.'
 
“Ahh. Well don't push yourself too hard. Being a doctor is so stressful at times. I don't know how you people do it.” The doors finally opened. “I wish you the best of luck.”
 
Kagome could only manage a smile and swiftly stepped off of the elevator for fear that she would pass out from his incessant questions. The fires of hell clawed at her from the inside and it was taking all of her will power and then some for her to walk, let alone breathe evenly. She stared at the double glass doors ahead of her, the infirmity of her condition making the route to the exit seem as though there were miles and miles between her from her destination.
 
Without warning, a spell of depression draped itself across her heart, seeds of doubt and reluctance firmly implanting themselves in her mind. What if all of her efforts were in vain? What if Inuyasha had already returned? And if he wasn't, how was she was supposed to find him? As if sensing her uncertainties, her wound brusquely ignited into a combustion of flames, sending her teetering on her toes to the point where she wanted to keel over and die right there on the floor.
 
`Wait for me Kagome. I'll be joining you soon.'
 
Gut-clenching panic seized her with an iron grip, expelling both the air from her lungs and the doubt from her mind. She knew he would kill himself for her, and even though it seemed like a noble cause, the notion of him committing suicide in her name made her heart bleed with guilt and despair. If he died, she knew she wouldn't be too far behind him.
 
`I have to make it.' Kagome set her jaw and with the last remnants of her resolve, struggled to pull herself together. `So this is what they mean when they say love makes you do crazy things.' Silently chuckling to herself, she forced her body to comply with her wishes and slowly but surely, she continued with her expedition. Her lips tilted upward into a fleeting smile when her hands touched the metal bar of the door. With considerably more effort than it would usually take her to push open the door, Kagome stepped into the cool night air, welcoming the chilly breeze that met her overheated flesh with open arms and wasn't surprised when the burning in her side abated to a level where she was positive that she wouldn't black out.
 
“Gods, it feels as though I haven't been outside in forever,” she mumbled allowing the fresh air to breathe over her skin for a moment. Once done basking in the coolness of the night, Kagome immersed herself within the tall shadows of the hospital building once recognizing that she could be pointed out. `Now what?'
 
Not to be disillusioned, Kagome kept her spirits up in hopes that she could find some kind of mode of transportation and was not let down when her sights landed on a certain red Ferrari parked not too far from her position. Now the only question that remained was that if it was indeed Inuyasha's beloved vehicle and if it was locked. Encasing her determination in a steel box, Kagome gave a once over on the entire lot just in case before approaching the car.
 
It was definitely his car. She immediately knew by his license plate: FUCK OFF. A wry smile upturned her lips. It was Inuyasha's alright. Her hand roamed over the side of the car until she felt the door handle. Praying that he had been in too much off a hurry to lock the doors, she pulled the handle, letting a puff of air when it opened smoothly. Grinding her teeth together, Kagome carefully got in; slouching tiredly in the seat after the door was closed. Who knew escaping from a hospital could be so much work?
 
She sat in the car for a minute, soaking in the distinct scent of her husband that clung to the interior. Kagome choked on tears, powerless to stop the flood of emotion that she had withheld so adamantly. Her body ached for his touch, his presence, and his words of comfort, his kisses. She needed him as much as he needed her. Kagome bowed her head. `I can't go on without him. It feels like a part of me is missing. I don't know how I lasted four years without him, but our bond is so much stronger now than it was then. I don't know if I can do it a second time around…and I don't think I want to.'
 
Kagome sat up, totally dispensing the affliction that plagued her so badly, her fingers fumbling around the wheel in the darkness. Her breath caught when they wrapped around the keys that were still stuck in ignition. `He must've been in a rush to get into the hospital and forgotten he'd left the keys.' With one turn, the Ferrari smoothly came to life, the soft purr of its engine that oddly mimicked that of Inuyasha's, providing Kagome with a significant amount of consolation. Her fingers ran across the steering wheel, imagining that it was his hands she was caressing instead of the silky expanse of the leather bound wheel.
 
`I have to focus.' Dispersing the bittersweet memories, Kagome switched on the navigational system. `If I were in his shoes, where is the one place I would go if I had a vendetta?' She punched in the buttons that displayed a map of Tokyo and its surrounding area. `He's probably out of his mind with grief and blaming it on himself that he wasn't there to save me. Maybe he's so guilt ridden that he went to pier and threw himself off.' Fear's cold grip tightened around her heart into a constricting hold.
 
`No,' she calmed her arising trepidation, `he wouldn't kill himself knowing that my killer is still alive and well. He's doubtlessly tracking him down now to get answers and the guy's head, if he hasn't found him already. By now I'm sure Inuyasha has found him with his persistence and has what he came for, so then maybe he has found out that Naraku was behind this all along. So, would he be en route for his place or his company building.' Kagome punched in Yamamoto Corp. and saw that his company was not too far from here.
 
Hoping and praying that her instincts hadn't failed her, she switched the Ferrari to drive and maneuvered the vehicle out of the parking lot. `Please Kami don't let me be too late.'
 
End.