InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two Faced ❯ Two Faced ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Two Faced
By: Aqua
Chapter One: Phase 1

-
She'd had a happy, normal life. Well, relatively normal until a certain Sesshoumaru had come into her existence and then left abruptly. It had shattered her already broken heart into even smaller pieces when he'd made the decision to abandon her and their unborn baby; to pursue “the bigger and better things” as he'd put it. She hadn't wanted to admit that hurtful truth but she was a realist and someone had to face the cold hard facts around here. Deep inside, she'd known the true reasons for his departure. Apart from scoring a big-time break for his budding career, he'd also attained the affections of the lovely and seemingly-unattainable affections of Lady Kagura. It had saddened her; hardened her heart as well as her soul as she'd watched them kiss- a newly married couple- on T.V. Even though her heart had been blown into tiny little smithereens, she found that she could still live on. And by God she would- if only to prove to the world that she'd manage and that she would endure. She didn't need his help or guidance to take care of her baby because the instincts were in the heart…the soul. You couldn't mend what was broken as easy as 1..2..3.. but you leave with what remained. Kagome survived. It hurt. A lot. But she persevered and for the past five years that was all that had mattered to her. And then a little piece of her almost-perfect puzzle seemed to contort and writhe right before her eyes because Sesshoumaru was back…and he wanted to get to know his child…and the girl he had left behind…whether she liked it or not. I'm guessing you want more details. Everybody wants the juicy and luscious details. Well then, here's her story...

Five years ago...
-
-
The moon was bright but wretchedly so. This particular night was young and so full of promise and Kagome had every intention of enjoying it to its fullest. She had been invited to a college party, so she could barely contain her excitement! Even though she could hardly wait, her hand was steady as she carefully applied her strawberry lip gloss. For a minute the battle of exchanging lip gloss for lipstick clashed in her head like a mighty storm. In the end she decided to keep the lip gloss, after all she didn't want to look like a wannabe or too `eager'. `I have to look perfect' she thought leaning closer to the mirror to further examine her work. She wasn't really acting like herself this eve. Infact she was behaving like a shallow, adolescent princess, but wasn't every girl entitled to mimic a spoiled contessa at least once in their life? She was in high school but she was a freshman and this was a junior party so she just had to be there and arrive fashionably late. With a satisfied smile she stood up. She'd already picked out her outfit, (a russet colored mahogany shirt and a jean skirt, not too tight but not too loose. Simple and sophisticated) so that little complication was ticked off in her mental list. She quickly took the clothes off the hanger and stepped into the beige tinged bathroom. Although it was attached to her room, she still had to share it with Souta and the usual result was a messy bathroom. She thanked the Gods that he was sleeping over at a friend's house this weekend!
 
She arrived at the party approximately forty minutes later. The front lawn was decorated gracelessly with toilet paper and blinking Christmas lights that winked with red, blue and green. Her friend Saku-if she could even call her a friend- had said that they would be no alcohol but with the screams and various splashes she could hear from this far off coming from the backyard, Kagome was beginning to form doubts in her mind. Saku probably hadn't expected the little, shy school girl to have the guts to show up to this particular gathering. How wrong she was. Taking a deep breath, she started climbing the cobblestone stairs, svelte heels clicking on the brick steps with visible determination. She paused before ringing the doorbell to adjust her hair and take one more deep breath. “Well, this is it,” She murmured to herself before pressing a dainty finger onto the cursed carillon. Here goes nothing.
 
She could hear the spontaneous noises even before the door was opened and she wondered if she should have warded away the kind boy who'd warned her on her way here. She had a bit of trouble remembering his name and wondered faintly if he had even given it to her. Hobo? Hugo? Oh, to hell with trying to figure out a useless fact! They'd probably never even meet again. How wrong she was. The door opened a nanosecond later and as she collected her jumbled thoughts, a smile graced her glossed lips, belying the sudden terror she felt within. This definitely wasn't the beginning of the end but why was she so scared? It was just a stupid party. An idle gathering where peers mingled and made an excuse of dancing by shuffling sneaker-clad feet and pressing sweaty bodies against each other. Just like any other, regular fete. She felt the coolness of a passing breeze touch the base of her neck but instead of relaxing her it made her even tenser, something she hadn't thought possible until just now.
 
“Oh, it's you.”
 
“Hello Saku.” Didn't expect to see me here, did you?
 
Saku was in comfortable light pink socks (it was her house) and she was wearing typical blue jeans that were tight at the top and flared out a bit at the bottom. A flashy yellow tank top and a light blue see-through jacket adorned the top half of her body, the light coat hiding half of her long arms from view. The clashing of contrasts should have been ugly. Hideous infact, but Saku made this outfit look elegant and party-worthy at the same time. How did she manage to do that? Her hair usually worn in a curly style had been straitened and fell down to touch her shoulders in a waterfall of dark ebony. Her eyes, green and bright, sparkled with a mischievous light that had somewhat dulled when she had opened the mahogany door and had finally found out the origin of the knock. Her generous lips were tipped at the corners with a brittle smile as she gazed down upon Kagome. `It's a nice view from up here', her eyes seemed to convey.
 
“Well, you can come in. The party's in full swing but I guess we could do with a few more people.”
 
Saku opened the door wider and stepped aside, giving the slim girl her means to enter. Kagome slipped past her, nodding thankfully, and started the short trek down the hall. It wasn't that hard to find the roots of this little shin dig. Like Dorothy, she followed the yellow brick road- except that it was an avenue of littered bags and loud noises instead of a pretty golden path. Were you hiding at, Toto?
 
Kagome kept her shoes on, wary of following Saku's example since she didn't have any socks to protect her feet from the cheetohs and chips on the lavishly carpeted floor. She was definitely not in Kansas.
 
“Hey there, pretty lady…Wouldn't care enduring my company for a minute or an hour, wouldya?” The voice was slurred and it was the unmistakable tones of a drunk. Before she could give the lout a piece of her mind she found her self pressed into a rather hard chest. It wasn't the most comfortable of positions. Her arms were pinned to her sides and the fighting skills that she had gained from her self-defense classes taken almost a year ago seemed to disappear into thin air. She stood frozen and stiff as the drunken boy smelled at her hair, shivering in revulsion as he murmuring faintly that it smelled good, “like jasmine…” His breath tickled her neck and the hairs pricked warningly in tell-tell signs of what was to come.
 
“…You smell delicious. I could just eat you up.” She was afraid he'd do just that.

 
~Love it? Hate it? Please leave a review; this is my first story ever!~
3 Aqua