InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two Faced ❯ From Past to Present; Sesshoumaru ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Two Faced
By: Aqua
Chapter One: From Past to Present; Sesshoumaru
-
-
-
“Mr. Sesshoumaru, you've got a call waiting on line three.”
 
“Alright,” was the slightly impatient reply.
 
The secretary exhaled a deep breath, this was her chance.
 
“I also have front stage tickets to the opening of the new French Opéra. I was wondering if you'd like to-
 
“No Nami, I'm busy.” And then she was listening to the dial tone.
 
Nami sighed and put the phone back in its cradle softly. With contempt, she gazed down at her clear, manicured nails. On her first day of work he'd charmed her, seduced her on the second. She'd had sex with him the next day in his extravagantly decorated office with little qualms. It hadn't bothered her that she'd given up the goods without them even going out on an official date. Now, she was because it kept her wondering that maybe if she'd hadn't given out for a bit longer, she could have prolonged his withdrawal. Nami'd really thought this one was forever and she'd had the stupidity to think that she was luckiest girl on the face of the Earth when infact, she'd been the exact opposite. Unlucky. She had even dumped her longtime boyfriend of two years for him. But had he said his farewells to his two mistresses? Of course not. Nami loved the bastard, but apparently the sparks were only flying in one direction.
 
At first she'd thought he was avoiding her so he could have time to get a hold on his senses because his feelings for her had been too intense. Imagine her surprise when she'd discovered they were no feelings at all. What was wrong with her? She was beautiful, with her flaming red hair and sun kissed skin. She was intelligent and she had two degrees to prove it. She was warm and she was human…what was wrong with her!
 
- - -
 
“Kanaye,” It was more of a statement than a greeting.
 
“Lemme ask you one question, how can you always know its me? Never mind I don't even wanna know.” The deep, slightly raspy voice replied.
 
“And your reason for this unexpected call is?”
 
You never miss a beat, do you Sesshoumaru? Kanaye thought before answering.
 
“Your inheritance. It's doubled up quite nicely after your messy divorce with that spooky woman. And we all know your father is knocking on Death's ancient door.”
 
“Make this quick Kanaye; I have more important and better things to do than chit chat.” He was surprisingly riled but his voice was as frigid as an ice cube. Once upon a time, he'd respected and valued his sire, hearing Kanaye talk so disrespectfully rattled old chains.
 
“No goddamn respect for your elders. Anyway, where was I…Oh yes! About your inheritance, you might not attain it after your father retreats to his new and final home.”
 
There was a moment of silence as Sesshoumaru absorbed the words; slowly, like sponge ingurgitated water. Another person might have moaned and raged about his unlucky fortune but he wasn't just `another person'. He was Sesshoumaru, owner and manager of Desire Inc. and other various buildings and businesses. He was a member of three of the most exclusive guilds in the world and had over one million dollars in stocks alone. All this accomplished before he turned thirty. The primogeniture would just be an added bonus.
 
“And why is that.”
 
There was a sigh of relief on the other end. “Whew, thought you'd hung up on me.”
 
“Why.” Sesshoumaru repeated his voice hardening with irritation.
 
His patience was already thin and it was growing more so as Kanaye continued to stall.
 
“Being the sneaky and unappreciated ally who took you under his wings during the birth of your success, I took a peek at your father's Will and discovered that if you do not have an heir by the time of your 29th birthday, you'll not only lose your estate but you'll get seven percent of your current inheritance and that would be- wait, lemme get my calculator…that would be two hundred and fifty dollars.”
 
“I see. But I already have an heir.”
 
“And who's that.”
 
“Rin.”
 
“Whoops, I forgot to mention that…” a pause and then a clearing of the throat as Kanaye began to read out loud. The stupid swine, he'd copied the will down! “Quote: `In order for my eldest son to get his unlimited patrimony, he'll need to have an heir by the time he is 20 and 9. The child has to be blood related and whether male or female, it does not matter.' Unquote. There's a lot more, but that paragraph was more related to the subject at hand. Hey Sess, you and Kagura just spilt. How the heck are you gonna have a kid without a female? ”
 
“I'll find a way.” Was the calm reply.
 
“Whoa, that would be...unusual. You having a baby and all. I guess-” But Sesshoumaru had already hung up the phone with an audible `click'.
 
He needed some Aspirin for the headache that was starting to brew in the throes of his head. Rubbing a hand over his temple, he sighed with agitation. Damnit, what was he going to do? Kanaye had a point, without Kagura he wouldn't be able to have any heirs. Running a hand through his hair he considered the options. He really wanted the money because it could really be of use when it was time to renovate some broken-down framework.
 
He was still dwelling on the dilemma when he remembered her; the party, the sex.
 
Kagome.
 
Kagome, who'd, informed him almost six years ago that she was pregnant with his child. Knowing her as well as he did, she probably wouldn't have gotten an abortion and by now the kid would be five or six, he couldn't really remember how many months she'd been gone with child before he'd left her to embark on his success and fame.
 
Clicking the intercom button, he informed Nami that she needed to gather all the information she could find on what Kagome Higurashi had been doing with herself for the past six years and have the printed pages at the beginning of her workday tomorrow. If this worked out, he'd have an easy two million dollars within his grasp. And keep his home. Not that he didn't have other beautiful houses but...this had been his mother's hearth, this had been where he'd grown up and he'd be damned if he was going to lose that. He'd have to terminate anyone who got in his way, even if it was little, sweet Kagome.
 
-
-
 
Perhaps time is continuous with all moments of time constantly occurring and our perception simply moves amongst those various moments, our constant course a multi-dimensional sequential motion forward through future moments. All moments of all times are an infinite ocean of moments. Moments near to each other are very similar but differ as the distance between them increases. And the direction that your path travels in is like in a maze and is moved forward by the choices in life you make.
 
Everyone's individual path is like a dimension, with the intersections forming moments. All moments of the past, present, and future have already happened, and we are simply personalities, passing through a pre-printed list of pre-existing moments that are custom made for us. We just move through, entirely controlled, simply experiencing everything. Watching it happen, like watching TV. The moment I'm in right now still exists tomorrow.
 
But it's behind me and I can't move backwards. It will be experienced by the me of that moment for I exist in every moment I participate in. There are a limited number of moments of time in which I exist. Between the moment I'm born and the one when I die, I am in all moments. I only sense that moment from my perspective. Others see it from theirs. But we share all the moments.
 
Can I gain the reins? Can I move by choice? Can I decide which way to go? Or am I just a part of the master plan? Deluded into believing I'm in control by the reality of it all? Am I but a wave tossed in the infinite sea of history? A grain of sand on an infinite beach of time? Is fate just history in reverse? The builders of this infinite structure may be outside of it, somehow.
 
Looking at it, observing, watching as time in these dimensions progresses. They have constructed every moment. And perhaps sent Souls in to interact with others in their grid of moments. The builders would be in another dimension, watching us just as we can watch a two dimensional picture.
 
They would be as far above us in intelligence as we are to mosquitoes. Or any insect. Try discussing building a computer microchip to a housefly. Beyond any hope of comprehension.
-
-
-
 
Special Thanks to:
 
KittyKu: You're crazy! I love crazy people and thanks for reviewing. I hope you like the next chappy!
 
raygirl:Have fun reading this chappy.
 
KitsuneFox:Thank you!
 
InuYashasLoveLorn:Really? I don't think so. Thanks for boosting my confidence!
 
Inu-geri: I luv you! My first reviewer at MediaMiner!
 
-
 
 
AN- Sorry this chapter was so short guys, but If I wanted to make it longer, I would have had to give the secrets of the next chapter away as well. Sorry again. Chapter four will be short too but chapter five will definitely make up for it. I also started another fic (Dominion, rated: T) for any of you who are interested.
 
3 Aqua
-
 
Love it? Hate it? Please leave a review; this is my first story ever!