InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What Do You Do ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Five

Kagome's P.O.V

I left the room as soon as I sensed the demon. I know they all noticed I left, but I quickly unbound my powers so I could make the village fall into a dreamless sleep. As long as no one themselves was a miko or for that matter a demon, they'd all be sound asleep within minutes.

As quietly as I could, I walked out into the drizzle that had started. Even through the rain I could see quite clearly. There was much that the people I were traveling with, did not know.

For one I was one of the last remaining people of my race, I was a miko and I had more training in my fifteen years of life than a fully-grown warrior had. I had the knowledge of my mother, father, aunt, grandfather, grandmother, and my great grandfather who was the oldest and fiercest.

I had been trained since I was 5 to kill and destroy demons and their property, be that human, house, or animal. I used to not care until I came upon….

Suddenly I was brought out of my reverie of thoughts as a clawed hand wrapped around my throat. Quickly without even thinking about it, I wrapped my power around matter to form two daggers so I could shoved them into the hand that was holding me. Unfortunately for me he saw my movements and threw me none to gently to the wet ground.

Looking up at my foe I gasped as I saw him. A demon lord with silver hair and piercing, elegant, cold golden eyes looked at me. Unbidden a memory came back to me.

I was standing within a circle of burning houses. Body's littered the ground of the human village. This was the last assignment I would ever do (even though I had not known it at the time). I was tired of all this carnage and my parents were shunning me.

Power started to wield up in me as another attack came from the puny humans that were under the protection of the Demon Lord of the West. I knew I was losing control of my actions and I also knew no one would survive if they continued forward.

Suddenly everything went red and I knew I was no longer in control. My great grandfather had once again found a way to control me.

For a few moments I tried to fight back until the humans attacked.

For a while I knew nothing and when I came back to myself I realized that I was holding the dying body of a young human girl.

For the first time in my life, I held tears in my eyes as she looked at me and smiled. The human girl that I had just destroyed the life of smiled and said, "You had pretty eyes. Never let them change again."

Then the girl died and out of the sky came a silver haired angel. I tried to look up but I suddenly felt weak and I knew that this silver haired angel was no angel.

As I started to fall into oblivion he said in a cold uncaring voice, "You had slain your last human. If this does not kill you I will come and fight you till the death."

"You," I whispered as panic filled my smoky blue eyes. For a moment I felt nothing but fear as he stood over me and then my old calm came back to me.

Pushing my self up I crouched into an offensive stance as I prepared to attack. The Demon Lord looked amused for a second before I attacked. I tried for a quick stab but had not expected the armor.

For some reason it escaped my attention. Losing my balance I fell backward and dropped my weapons making them instantly disappear. I couldn't regain my footing fast enough as he came at me at lightening speed.

He did not kill me as he promised me so long ago, but instead went around me and held me tightly by the chest and throat.

So quietly that I had to strain my ears he said, "You bond your power and I now know why. You can't control it and it is slowly killing your soul when you unbind it. You were not yourself when you attacked the village I protected.

"Yet even so I still blame you," he said all this as he slowly traced and invisible line on my neck.

"I will kill you one day but until then you are mine to destroy, young miko." And then he sliced a part of my next and at the same time knocked me out.