InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Without You ❯ It Begins ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AN: Hey all! Sorry for not updating in a long time, but I got this idea in my head and I jut had to write it. I'm just having a little trouble in writing the next chapter of Time and Time Again, but don't worry-I have every intention of updating very soon. I would never start writing a story and then not finish it. As for Familiar Strangers, I haven't been getting any reviews for that one, so unless I start getting a bunch of reviews for it, I'm going to wait until Time and Time Again is finished to start that one up again. Luv you all! (In a totally we-are-simply-friends-and-I-don't-actually-know-you-and-you-could-be-an-98- year-old-grandma-for-all-I-know-but-you-review-and-read-my-stories-so-I-lik e-you-no-matter-what-unless-you-are-a-serial-killer-or-a-pedophile way) <^-^>\/

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE-PLEASE READ: I got this idea from reading Msmelanie's fic, Minutes of Eternity. This fic is very good and I highly recommend it. There are no naughty parts, though the fic IS RATED R. I thought that her idea was very original, and got an idea for a similar one. HOWEVER, IF ANYBODY BELIEVES THAT THE STORIES ARE TOO SIMILAR AND I AM TAKING TOO MUCH FROM HER STORY, OR IF Msmelanie SAYS THE SAME, I WILL TAKE THIS FIC DOWN IMMEDIATELY WITHOUT QUESTION. The only way that I will not do this would be if I decided that enough people didn't think that I was taking too much from Msmelanie's fic or if Msmelanie said that it was okay. However, if Msmelanie thinks that I am taking too much away from her fic, I will take this fic down, no matter what anyone else says.

_________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________

Without You

~~Akita Inu <^-^>\/

Prologue

Italics = thinking

"quotation marks" = saying

'single quotation marks' = quote within a quote

ALL CAPS = shouting

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

As always, it started with a fight.

"INU-YASHA, I NEED TO GO HOME!"

"LIKE HELL YOU DO! WHAT'S SO GREAT ABUT THOSE TEST THINGS ANWAYS?"

"WERE YOU LISTENING TO ME AT ALL? I NEED TO GO VISIT MY FAMILY IN CHINA!"

"YEAH WELL-" Inu-Yasha stopped for a minute and twitched his doggy ears in confusion. "What?"

Kagome pinched the bridge of her nose in irritation as she answered, "I told you already. Tomorrow Grandpa, Mamma, Souta and I are leaving to go to China for a while. I have cousins there who haven't seen in a year thanks to you. I need to go see then or they'll get suspicious and come over hear and they would definitely notice when I disappear for weeks at a time. And I don't think that they would take well to being told, 'Hey I'm not really sick, I've been going to Feudal Japan to find shards of a jewel with two demons, a half-demon, a demon exterminator and a lecherous monk!'"

"Feh. Why not?"

Count to ten, Kagome . . . if you don't sit him, then maybe he won't make such a fuss when you tell him how long you'll be gone . . . "That's just not something you tell a large number of people. That is, not something you want to tell a lot of people if you intend to stay out of a mental institution."

"A mentel-what?"

"A mental institution. It's where they put insane people."

"Feh. You crossed that line a long time ago, wench."

Don't sit him . . . don't sit him . . . don't sit him . . .

Inu-Yasha glared at the miko from the future. Something's up . . . I know it. She hasn't sat me yet . . . "How long?" He asked suspiciously

Kagome sucked in a breath. Here it comes . . . "What do you mean?"

"How long is it?"

Kagome winced as she replied, "Uhh . . . six weeks?"

"WHAT?!"

Kagome groaned inwardly. "It's for six weeks."

"YOU STUPID WENCH, IN SIX WEEKS, NARAKU COULD HAVE ALL OF THE SHARDS! THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL YOU'RE LEAVING FOR SIX WEEKS!"

"INU-YASHA, SIT!"

With a resounding 'blam' Inu-Yasha was sent face-first into the ground. Kagome crouched over him and hissed,

"Look, Inu-Yasha, in case you haven't noticed, I do have a life and family outside of this era, and I need to spend some time with them. If you're so eager to get shards, then go get them yourself. Besides," she said bitterly, "I'm really only your shard-detector after all. You don't need me to fight." She stood and ran to the well before the spell on the rosary wore off. As she ran, she called out over her shoulder, "I'll be back in six weeks!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Come on, Inu-Yasha, she'll only be gone another five weeks."

"Feh."

"We could all do with a rest. Hunting for shards isn't exactly a leisurely activity, you know."

"Feh.."

"I mean, it's not as if she's never coming back."

"Feh."

"Oh, come on. Shippou is handling this better than you are."

"Feh."

"Is that all you can say?"

"Feh."

"I thought so."

"Feh."

Miroku sighed and ran a hand through his bangs. Even taunting couldn't get Inu-Yasha out of the Go-Shinboku. "Inu-Yasha, this is getting ridiculous. Come one down and have some Ramen. Kaede is staring to get worried about you."

"Feh."

Miroku sighed again and shook his head as he made his way back to the village. A week ago Kagome had told Sango, Shippou, Kaede and him that she was going to be gone for six weeds to visit relatives. As far as he could discern, she had gone to tell Inu-Yasha and had sat him again. After the spell had worn off, Inu-Yasha had dove down the well only to find that Kagome had already left. For the past seven days Inu-Yasha, had refused to come out of his favorite tree. Miroku knew that Inu-Yasha was mad, but this was beginning to be stupid, and Sango was starting to worry.

He didn't like it when Sango was worried.

True, it was partly because it meant hat he would have to grope her to get her mind of whatever she was worried about, which meant that he would be in a perpetual half-conscious state for the next five weeks, but he just didn't like to see her worried. It was bad enough that her best friend would be gone for a month and a half.

In retrospect, Miroku wasn't really sure why she was worried. Inu-Yasha was always angry and moody when Kagome left and she was never worried then, but Miroku had caught her staring in the direction of the Go-Shinboku several times while muttering under her breath. Whatever it is . . . I suppose I'll find out in due time. Miroku shrugged it off and went to see if Kaede needed help. Better yet, if Sango needed help.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Inu-Yasha paid no attention to Miroku as he left; his mind was focused completely on Kagome. Stupid wench . . . always leaving . . . He winced and curled up on his branch. He would never admit it, but he was starting to feel a little sick. Feh . . . that's impossible . . . hanyous don't get sick . . . The affirmation however, did nothing to quell the nauseous feeling in his stomach or the growing franticness in his mind. Kagome . . . come back!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

AN: Hmmm . . . the plot is set; the characters are in position . . . Let's get ready to RUUUUMMMMBLE!!