InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ You'll Be In My Heart ❯ You'll Be In My Heart ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I OWN NOTHING!!! NOTHING at all!! The song is by Phil Collins and Inuyasha and Co. belong to Takahashi-sama.
 
Author's Note: I'm sorry if this sucks big time, but it's my first attempt at something other than lab reports and history reports. Domo gomen!! On with the story!!
 
~lyrics~
*flashback*
“talking”
 
~Come stop your crying
It'll be alright
Just take my hand
Hold it tight~
 
Inuyasha is in Goshinboku thinking of a fight he just had with Kagome.
*
“Baka! All you do is complain!”
“Oh yeah?” She was becoming flustered and angry, never a good sign. “What EXACTLY do I always complain about?”
He had mocked her, pretended to be her complaining to him about needing sleep, going back for monthly necessities, basically, he brought up the fact that she was human, female, and not tied to this time. She had sat him four times and left through the well.
*
~I will protect you
From all around you
I will be here
Don't you cry~
Kagome is in her room, back in her own time.
*
Kagome is crying over Inuyasha's non-moving body. He had fallen after eliminating another youkai.
*
'Why was she so weak' :crying:
*
"Stop crying, Baka." He was barely audible, but barely was better than nothing. She had hugged him saying "thank you" over and over again. "Oi, shut up. I'll always save you."
*
She cries harder at the memory.
~For one so small
You seem so strong
My arms will hold you
Keep you safe and warm~
Inuyasha sat next to the Bone Eater's Well remembering how she had reflected Tsubaki's shikigami while she was infected with the corrupted shards in her throat. All to buy him time that he failed to use. She had been drained of energy and all he could do was hold her.
~This bond between us
Can't be broken
I will be here
Don't you cry~
Why was he so scared of becoming attached? Why couldn't he accept that he had someone now? He actually had a family if he thought about it. Kagome moved to her windowsill.
~ 'Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more~
How could she leave him? He didn't care now. He had to tell her. He went through the well thinking about he would say.
~You'll be in my heart
No matter what they say
You'll be here in my heart, Always~
She looked out the window knowing that she needed to tell him she was sorry. She would, but not tonight. She fell asleep before she could move to her bed.
~Why can't they understand the way we feel
They just don't trust
What the can't explain~
He found her dreaming at her window. She looked so peaceful. How could they not love her? Sango was be raiding him in his memory. Why did she find it so wrong that he loved her?
~ I know we're different but,
Deep inside us
We're not that different at all~
She was so peaceful in sleep. Why did his kind hate them so much if they looked like them? Besides the extra powers, what was the difference between humans and youkai?
~And you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more~
He picked up her sleeping form and tucked it in to the bed complete with a good-night kiss, before taking his place on the floor at the foot of her bed.
~Don't listen to them
'Cause what do they know
We need each other
To have, to hold
They'll see in time
I know~
She woke up at some time in the night, before sunrise. Seeing that she was in her bed rather than at the window she began to raise herself to get a drink. But before she could completely sit up Inuyasha was at her side on the bed with his golden orbs downcast. He was having a terrible time trying to get the words out that he had rehearsed out, but it was a different thing when Kagome raised her lips to his. After a few moments of chaste kissing the two fell to her bed in a tight embrace afraid that the other may fly away should they let go.
~When destiny calls you
You must be strong
I may not be with you
But you've got to hold on~
They laid there 'til morning, nothing but the two holding each other tightly, not wanting to lose what was in their arms.
~They'll see in time
I know
We'll show them together~
They left early that afternoon. Mrs. Higurashi looked after them with a small smile gracing her lips. Somehow, the two reminded her of her husband and herself at their age.
Before going thru the well Inuyasha gave Kagome a mischievous smirk.
~'Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever on~
They came thru the well, Inuyasha first. After checking to be sure the others were no where around, he helped Kagome out and pulled her close to him. It was his turn to kiss the young miko.  Caught off guard she couldn't help but kiss him back without checking around to be sure others were not around. She didn't care anymore. Her heart was singing out:
~Oh, you'll be in my heart
No matter what they say
You'll be in my heart, always
Always~
 
~END~