Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Zexion's Trials ❯ Zexion's Trials ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


 
Number VI, The Cloaked Schemer.
 
 
He was reading again, another book suggested by Number XIII. He seemed to always know exactly which books Number VI liked, even if he himself had never read them. Number VI always enjoyed the books Number XIII picked for him. Number VI, Zexion, sat in a secluded corner of the castle, hiding from the world by escaping into the humanity of the book Number XIII, Roxas, had chosen for him that day. He was so entranced by the book that he didn't hear the person sneak upon him. “Number VI. What are you reading?” Zexion jumped, slamming closed the book, “N-Number VIII!” Number VIII, Axel, began to laugh at Zexion's jumpy mood. “Calm down Zex! Geez. You're like a paranoid child. Don't call me by my number unless Xemnas is around, got it memorized?” Zexion mumbled quietly to himself, pulling the book back out, “I-It's Treasure Island… Since you asked. And If you don't want me to call you Number VIII than do not call me Number VI unless Number I is around.” He'd regained his composure, opening the book, he glanced up at Axel's surprised face, “If that's all, could you please leave?” Axel huffed, but nodded, turning and disappearing into a portal to wherever. Zexion returned to the comfort of his novel, sighing to himself at Axel's immaturity.
He read a paragraph or two before closing the book gently, looking around and standing. Zexion stretched and slipped silently into a portal, walking into his room. He set the book carefully on his nightstand and sat on the soft bed that was propped invitingly in the corner. He sighed again and glanced at the small clock that rested on the shelf near his bed. “It's only two? I really need to go see the doctor soon, this cannot be healthy…” He sighed again, pulling off his shoes and cloak, setting it across the chair by his desk. He slid under the covers, falling asleep the second his head touched his soft-downy pillow.
 
 
â†-------------------------------------------â 224;’
 
 
Zexion flew into the sitting position, wrenching awake quickly. He was breathing rapidly, panting, and covered in sweat. He closed his eyes, resting his head in his hands. He lay back down, sighing in defeat. “How much longer must these nightmares continue?” He muttered, glancing at the clock. “It's only been 5 hours… Not nearly long enough…” He stood, stretching and made his way to the bathroom for a shower.
He rested his head against the wall of the shower, allowing the water to cascade down his body, thinking deeply about everything that had been happening, too quickly it seemed, around him. He heard a noise in his room and shut off the water, listening carefully and silently pulling a towel from by the shower, wrapping it around his waist. He stepped out of the shower, moving quietly to the door as another noise sounds, almost like someone was moving around and had run into something. Zexion looked down, the lights in his room were still off, proof that the noise could easily be someone tripping over something. Zexion threw open the door and found himself face to face with Axel's brother, Reno. Reno's eyes widened as he took in the state of Zexion. Zexion squeaked in surprise and slammed the door in Reno's face, who began pounding on the door. “Zexy~ Let me in!! I came to see you!” Zexion's hand was covering his mouth, his chest rising and falling quickly, and a dark blush adorning his face. “ R-Reno! W-Why…. What… How… When…” Reno stopped beating on the door and tried turning the knob, it opened, and he easily pushed into the room, since he was stronger than Zexion. Reno pulled Zexion against him tightly and kisses the top of his head. “Why am I here? To see you; what do I mean to see you? Exactly as I said, to see you; how did I get into your room? Axel `let me in', or well, ported me in; when did I get here? Only a few minutes ago, actually, but Axel knew I was coming.” Zexion silently swore to murder Axel the next time he saw him. He struggled out of Reno's grasp, straightening his towel. Reno grasped him carefully, picking him up and setting him on the sink, Zexion gasped in surprised, trying to move away. Reno held him tightly, kissing him deeply, snaking his arms around Zexion's body, pressing his hands onto his back, and pushing Zexion against Reno. Zexion's body reacted out of instinct. He kissed him back fervently, pressing close to him before his mind focused on what was happening. Zexion pulled away quickly, falling backward into a portal, taking him to his room where he swiped his clothes and book from where he'd left them and slipped into a portal leading him to the bathrooms near the library.
Zexion had changed into his clothes and quickly and silently made his way to the library, finding his secluded corner to read, curling up and trying to disappear into the world of Treasure Island. He tried to pay attention to the words written swiftly across the page, but his mind wandered far from the land of pirates. He couldn't stop thinking about Reno and the kiss they had shared. It confused him. Zexion was a guy! He should feel this way for another guy! And what was it about Reno? Something fluttered in Zexion's stomach. He shook his head, returning to the comforting secluded area in his novel.
 
Chapter one:
~Owari.