Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ The Romantic Tales of Love Hina ❯ A Time for Change ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: This fanfiction is a twist on the original story Love Hina by Ken Akamatsu.
 
Author's Note: Well, I'm back again. Thank you all for reviewing. I appreciate both the good and bad. The praise makes me feel good and the bad, well... It woke me up, because I had this false sense of security that I had a great thing going… LOL. It has been a fun ride and I will keep rolling along.
 
In response to the Kitsune thing, she actually did say and do some of the things I mentioned. I might have taken the alcohol and sexual thing a bit far or extreme with her, but… I dunno what else to say. Sorry? ;) I might soften her up a bit later, or not. And a bit of self criticism here, I reread the Manga and it turns out that she lives next door to Keitaro, so… no walking up and down stairs. Sorry. Hee hee.
 
Well enough of my ramblings and on with the story…
 
Chapter 7: The Time for Change
 
The sound of clanging dishes and cleaning could be heard through the door. Keitaro laid in bed, stared blankly at the ceiling and thought, `This really sucks. I can't believe Aunt Haruka is making me stay here. It's not like I did anything to anyone. She said somebody complained to her… I wonder who it was. Sigh.' Suddenly, two loud knocks surprised him. He thought, `Huh? Who is it now?' and said, “Uh, Yeah. Come In.”
 
A worker from the teahouse opened the door and did not enter. She said softly, “Urashima-san. A young lady dropped off this note for you and left.” She raised her hand and showed him a folded piece of paper.
 
Keitaro looked at the worker and then focused on the paper. He got up, walked over and took the note. He thought, `I wonder what this is all about,' and said, “Thank You. Thank You very much.” The worker left quietly as Keitaro eagerly opened the note. He read through it quickly:
 
I need to talk to you. Please meet me at the park down the street. I will be at the bench closest to the playground at 12 Noon.
 
He read it over several times and a then had a puzzled expression. He thought, `I wonder who wrote this. The only one who would need to talk to me… is Naru, right? Maybe we can work out our problems…' He smiled, `Well, at least something good happened to me.' He didn't notice that the teahouse was now silent. He thought, `Maybe that worker remembers who dropped off this note.' He ran into the teahouse and was surprised to see the lights were off and everyone was gone. He thought, `Aww. They closed up and left already. Now I'm really curious, but it looks like I'll have to find out tomorrow. Sigh. Oh well.' He put his head down and walked to his room.
 
While at Hinata House…
 
Naru lay in bed and had a sad look on her face. She thought, `Wow. Looks like I wasn't really over Keitaro yet. I thought I could just forget about him, but… Sigh. Well… tomorrow, maybe I… no! I will really clear him from my heart and mind. I can't let this linger any longer…' She turned off her light and tried to sleep…
 
Kitsune looked down at her table where a bottle of Sake and two cups sat. She sat down and thought, `This is the cup that Keitaro drank from. Either I'm being a creepy stalker or way too sentimental…' She smiled and thought, `Heh. I didn't even wash this thing.' She poured Sake in both cups, lifted hers up and said, “Well, Keitaro. This one's for you. Heh. We didn't get to do much…” her eyes sparkled and she smiled, “but I know we'll see each other again.” She downed her drink and grabbed the bottle. She thought, `This will do much better.' She took a long gulp. Her cheeks reddened a bit and she said, “Oh. You'll be back here soon enough, to share a drink… and maybe, more with me.” She laughed, stood up and walked to her futon. She said, “Oh yeah! Tomorrow I'll…” she fell on top of her futon and passed out…
 
Shinobu was dressed in her silk pajamas and leaned down to grab the sheets of her futon. She frowned and thought, `Sigh. This has to be one of the worst days ever. Having sempai here made me feel so happy. I've never met anyone like him before…' Her eyes began to swell with tears and she thought, `I don't think I'll be able to sleep for a while… maybe I should go sit on the roof. I always feel calm and peaceful there.' The first tears started to fall down her cheeks. She wiped her eyes and said softly, “Well, at least tomorrow…” the tears flowed more, “he is not going to be here. I don't know if I can make it through tonight… Sniff. Sempai…” Her heart ached and she could not think of anything to make her feel better. She walked slowly to the roof. When she went outside she did not notice the cold air. She tried to take a deep breath of air to calm her breathing, but she started to hiccup and cried harder. She sat down and looked over at the city lights. She reached out her hand and whispered, “Huh. Sniff. Oh, Sempai… You are so special to me. Huh. Sniff. I know you are somewhere out there. Without you… Huh. Sniff. I feel like part of me is missing. Sniff. Sniff.” She pulled her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. Her heart ached and burned as she sobbed uncontrollably…
 
Motoko removed her wraps as she did every night. She said, “Sigh. I am now rid of that distraction…” She frowned as she put on a shirt. She thought, `So why do I not feel relieved? Is this not what I have needed and wanted? And what about tomorrow… should I? Could I…” She raised her head quickly and said sharply, “Yes! I will no longer train at four and everything will return to normal again…” She frowned and thought, `Like it was before he arrived…' Her heart ached slightly and she went to sleep…
 
The next day was Saturday and the teahouse was unusually busy. The combined sound of talking customers, workers and clashing dishes filled the air. Keitaro was enjoying a comfortable, dreamless sleep when he noticed his leg was being shaken. He said sleepily, “Huh?” His eyes were foggy until he found and put on his glasses. He saw Haruka smoking her cigarette and wearing an apron. He said, “Uh. Aunt Haruka? Wha-what's up?”
 
She said, “Well. You looked comfortable and all, but I need you to get up and help out. Usually I relax and don't leave my office on Saturdays. Today it's really busy and some of my workers aren't here, so I'm asking for your help.” She looked over her shoulder. She said, “I have to get back out there. Clean yourself up a little and come out, alright?” She turned and quickly left the room.
 
Keitaro yawned and stretched. He looked at the clock, it said, “10:08.” He noticed the piece of paper on the table and thought, `Oh yeah, the note.' He grabbed it and thought, `I better not forget to get over to the park later…' He splashed water on his face, brushed his teeth and left his room. He found Haruka and got to work…
 
The girl's skin was still damp as she shut the door to her room. She thought, `That bath was nice. It was calming, but… can I really do this?' She shook her head and thought, `I long to see him. Constantly I think of him…' She paused and smiled, `and I now need to tell him how I feel.' She walked over to her dresser and opened it up. She thought, `Purchasing these clothes was embarrassing, but if he likes them it was worth it.' She picked out a red satin panty and bra set. She put them on and thought, `Mmmm. This does not feel that bad, they are actually nice… Maybe I will purchase more of these.' She smiled as she walked to her closet, opened it and looked at her new dress. It was long, cream colored sundress with small colorful flowers on it. She thought, `This dress is simple, but is it too plain? I have observed the other girls wearing this style of dress. I hope I look as good as they do.' She took the dress off of the hanger and slipped it on. It fit her perfectly and showed off the curves of her body. She walked over to her mirror and thought, `Hmm. It does not look that bad actually.' She turned slightly so she could look at the back of her dress. She thought, `Should I do something with my hair? That did not come to mind while shopping. I will have to leave it as I normally wear it. And now… makeup?' She walked over to her dresser where she kept her hygiene supplies. She thought, `The woman at the department store said I was naturally pretty and did not need much makeup, so…' She took out the light red lipstick and some face powder. She looked in the mirror and thought, `The woman said to put it on like this…' She put on a light coat of makeup and then looked at the clock. It said, “11:30.” She thought, `I have plenty of time. I hope none of the girls see me…' She snuck out of the Hinata House and did not encounter anyone…
 
Keitaro was helping wash the dishes and he checked his watch. It said, “11:50.” He thought, `Wow! That was fast, I didn't realize I had been working that long. I've got to go. He told the woman he worked with he was leaving and went out to look for Haruka. She was helping a customer at the register. As he walked past her he said, “Hey, Aunt Haruka! Sorry, but I have to go somewhere. I'll be back to help later on.” He walked quickly out the front door. He thought, `Aww. I don't have time to change clothes or shower. I hope I don't smell… I wonder who the girl is and what this is all about.' The park was not far away and he checked it when he arrived. It said “11:58.” He thought, `Good. I just made it. Let's see…' He pulled out the note, “the bench closest to the playground…” He looked across the large grass area to where children were playing. He saw the bench and thought, `I think that's the place, but she's not here yet. I guess I'll go sit down and wait…' He walked over to the bench and looked around for one of the girls…
 
She stood behind a tree in the distance and saw him sit down. She blushed, her heart started beating faster and she felt nervous. She thought, `He's here…Oh, no. Can I do this?' Her body temperature seemed to rise slightly and she felt like she was going to start sweating. She thought, `The sight of him brings me… such joy. It is time...' Her heart thumped wildly in her chest as she left her hiding spot. A gentle breeze blew and moved her long hair and dress slightly. It cooled her down and with each step she seemed to gain confidence and purpose. Keitaro continuously searched the area for one of the girls to arrive. She walked up behind him and touched him gently on the shoulder. She said gently, “U-Urashima Sempai. T-Thank you for coming…”
 
Keitaro jumped slightly and was surprised by the gentle yet familiar voice. He turned around to look at her. He opened his eyes wide and his mouth dropped. He said, “Wha?! A-Aoyama-san? Is that really you?” He looked at her new appearance and thought, `Wow! She is all dressed up and feminine. I've never seen her like this…'
 
She said softly, “Uhm. Y-Yes. I, uh, thought I would try a new look… something, different. And, uh, p-please, you may call me Motoko.” She blushed more as he continued to stare at her. She felt an intense heat in her cheeks and her heart began to race. She looked down and said softly, “I, uh, do not, usually, wear, uhm… dress this way often. Does it, do I, uh, appear bad?”
 
Keitaro eyes lit up, he smiled and said, “You are absolutely radiant! The dress, everything, it really suits you well. Every time I see you it seems that your beauty overwhelms me more and more.”
 
Motoko's heart warmed, her eyes sparkled, and she smiled from his kind words. She looked up and gazed into his eyes. She stood frozen and could not speak or think. Suddenly she felt her eyes starting to water. She quickly turned away.
 
Keitaro thought, `This is weird. Out of all the girls, I never would have thought it would have been her… Oh yeah, the note.' After she turned away he said, “Uhm, Motoko? Is something wrong? In the note you said that you needed to talk…”
 
Motoko thought, `I am so happy right now… I will not start crying.' She blinked her eyes rapidly and wiped them. She turned back around and said, “Uhm, yes. I do need to speak to you about something, but I hoped we could eat somewhere first…” She looked down and thought, `What am I doing? Why did I just ask him that?'
 
Keitaro thought, `Huh? What's going on here? She asks me to come to the park, she's dressed up and now she wants to go out and eat? Could she be considering this a date?' He paused and smiled, `Nah. I must be jumping to conclusions.' He put his hand on the back of this head and said, “Uh. Well, I don't have much money right now and I'm not really dressed to go anywhere nice…' He looked at her dress and thought, `That dress looks real good on her. I never realized that she had such a nice body'. He said, “So, how about we just go to that beef bowl restaurant place over there?”
 
Motoko thought, `I did not think of what would happen after meeting him here. And now I asked him to go eat somewhere…' She looked at him and said, “Oh. Well, that would be nice… I, uhm, must apologize. I did not mean to force you to eat lunch with me…” She looked down again.
 
Keitaro smiled and said, “Eh, It's no big deal really. Actually, I've been hoping to get to know you more, so this would be perfect. Let's go…”
 
They walked down the paved path together and left the park. Motoko noticed people staring at her. Some smiled and others whispered to each other. She thought, `I must really look terrible. Maybe Urashima was just being polite. This feminine way of dressing is so different for me.' She frowned and thought, `Should I just tell him now? I wonder when will be a good time…'
 
They arrived at the restaurant, sat down and waited for their food. They sat in an uncomfortable silence for a few minutes until Keitaro said, “So, you train so much all the time at Hinata House, why don't you train at a dojo?”
 
Motoko thought, `Phew. Something I feel comfortable talking about…' She said, “Uhm. Well, it is a long story, but I hope to improve and surpass my teacher. My family has a dojo in Kyoto… but I chose to attend high school here and be away for a while.”
 
Keitaro smiled and said, “Well, I kinda got thrown out of my house and my family thinks I have no potential. I really am determined prove them wrong and get into Tokyo U... How about you? Have you thought of where you want to go after High School?”
 
Motoko said, “No. Not really. I have not put much thought into it. I might return home to further my sword arts…” The waitress arrived with their food and she welcomed the interruption. She thought, `Phew, this conversation is getting very personal. And I thought he was such a loser for being a ronin, but I have not thought much of my future…'
 
They began to eat and Keitaro said, “So how have things been at Hinata House? I bet everyone's happy now that I'm gone huh?”
 
Motoko said, “Oh, I did not sense happiness at all. When Haruka-san told us you would not be staying anymore, everyone was surprised and very quiet. I actually noticed the feeling of…” she thought, `loneliness' and said, “emptiness now that you no longer reside among us… Is it true that you might be returning to live with your parents soon?”
 
Keitaro finished a bite of food and said, “Well, if today is any indication, Aunt Haruka might put me to work at the teahouse. I'd like to stay here, but if she tells me to go… well, there's not much I can do.”
 
She frowned and felt a dull pain in her heart. She thought, `No! He can not leave…' They both sat in silence until they finished their food.
 
Keitaro was getting ready to pay the bill and she said, “I will pay for my part of the bill.”
 
Keitaro smiled and said, “No. I insist on paying.” He paid the bill and they left the restaurant.
 
Motoko thought, `This was a nice outing. Finally, I am able to interact with Urashima by myself. I was distracted with all that small talk and I have not told him what I meant to say…' Her heart started beating faster and she was nervous. She said, “Uh. Urashima-Sempai? Would you please walk me back to Hinata house?”
 
Keitaro thought, `Huh? This is weird. She is more than capable of taking care of herself. Why does she want me to go with her?' He grinned and said, “Uhm. Yeah, sure.” They walked in silence for a few minutes until they reached the bottom of the steps leading up to Hinata House. They began to climb the steps together as the wind howled slightly. The surprising gust of cold made her shiver and she thought, `Oh no. We're almost there and I have not told him… what if the other girls see us together? I have to tell him now. If he leaves for home, I may never get another chance…' Her heart raced as they climbed the final steps. She walked closer to Keitaro and gently held his hand.
 
Keitaro was surprised and he looked over at Motoko. He thought, `Huh? What is this about? Oh well, I guess it might be rude to pull my hand away…' He smiled and thought, `This sure is weird, but nice. A girl has never given me this kind of attention before…' Motoko suddenly paused. He thought, `Huh? What now?' He looked over to Motoko and she blushed and looked towards the ground.
 
Motoko thought, `This is so unlike me. What am I doing? What should I do now?' Her heart started beating faster, `I now must tell him. She looked into his eyes and said forcefully, `Urashima. I Love You!' She gently put her left hand on the back of his head and kissed him passionately. She quickly pulled away and ran for Hinata House.
 
Keitaro was so shocked that he didn't know what to say or do. He thought, `Huh?. I sure didn't see that coming…' He whispered, “M-Motoko…” and stood still and watched her run inside and out of sight.
 
A beep and soft humming sound came from the reception area of the lobby. Motoko ran past it and was oblivious to her surroundings. A paper printed out of the fax machine. It read:
 
To: Haruka Urashima
From: Hinata Urashima
Subject: Changes for Hinata House…