Naruto Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Jounin Journey ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A Naruto/Pokemon crossover.

A combined effort between GhostPrincess
and AlwaysHiei, with a little assistance by InsaneTaco (Example: title)


Disclaimer: Neither of us own Pokemon or Naruto.



The Jounin Journey

It was a very sunny and overheated day in the large, seemingly unending, desert, and, unfortunately, neither Sasuke nor Hinata were taking this heat very well.

Sasuke was bright red from sunburn, and was in a terrible mood.

Hinata felt like she was about to faint, and, was very nervous about doing so. She was scared just imagining what the angry Uchiha's reaction would be to such.

"Umm... S-Sasuke...? A-are you sure we-we're going the right w-way? We've b-been walking for weeks..." Hinata asked her temporary teamate timidly.

"OF COURSE WE'RE GOING THE RIGHT WAY!! I'VE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS MAP PERFECTLY! WE'RE JUST TAKING A LONG TIME BECAUSE YOU ARE WALKING SO SLOW!!!!!" Sasuke yelled into her face, frusturated by his painful, bright red face, and by his teamates ability to not get angry.

"I-I-I'm s-s-s-s-orry, b-but, I j-just thought that m-m-maybe you should turn the map a-around." Hinata suggested nervously.

"...WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME A FEW WEEKS AGO YOU IDIOT!!!!!!!", Sasuke yelled even louder than before as he noticed that he was, indeed, reading the map upside down the entire down. In other words, the past month or so of extreme sunburn pain was a complete and utter waste of time.

"W-w-w-well I j-just figured that y-you knew what y-you were d-doing." Hinata said, backing away in fear from the now fuming Uchiha. "S-Sasuke are you all-allright? You s-seem to b-be s-steaming and your face h-has been bright r-red for a couple o-of w-weeks."

"... What did you expect?! For me to maintain my pale skin tone in this sunlight?! Idiot! I have a sunburn!! No thanks to you! Now I have no idea where we are!!!" Sasuke said, rather than yelled, due to a sore throat coming on.

"I-I'm sorry..." Hinata quietly murmured, all the while twiddling her index fingers.

Sasuke couldn't help but quit being angry and forgive. She always seemed to have that affect on him whenever she'd get sad. Sasuke had realized his feelings for the girl a few years ago when they'd been in the academy. He just never found the courage to tell her, and instead chose to yell and be rude to her, like a little kid would to their crush.

Even though he had acted indifferent, he really had been excited to go on this mission with Hinata. He was really lucky to have been kept from the exams. This way, he could at least spend some time with her. He remembered how this mission had gotten started.

-FLASHBACK-

"Because Hinata was held back from the jounin exams due to clan buisiness, and you, Sasuke, missed them due to your curse mark getting out of hand, you two will be sent on a simple mission to give a few scrolls to a lord in order to earn you jouninship." Tsunade explained t6o the two shinobi in front of her. " Any questions?"

"No." Both Hinata and Sasuke said in unision as they quickly left the office to get ready.

-END FLASHBACK-

But, now, Hinata probably hated him.

"Well... let's ask that lady over there for some directions." Sasuke decided as he walked with Hinata to said person.

"Excuse me." Sasuke said to the girl in front of him.

"....Hm? What can I do for you, young'ns?" The girl asked Sasuke and Hinata in an odd voice. Sasuke vaguely wondered why in the world she called them that, when judging by her size, she was probably younger than them.

"Oh, um, I'm H-Hinata and th-this is S-Sasuke." Hinata explained.

"Oh, I see. I'm Taylor." The young girl, now identified as Taylor said." What can I do for, ye?"

"W-we n-need some d-directions to-" Hinata said, before being cut off by Taylor.

"The last time I gave directions, the people who asked for them ended up in the country of the Naked Mole Rats. It was hilarious. When they finally returned, they had zits all over themselves." Taylor said, disturbing Sasuke, and leading Hinata to wonder what the corellation between Naked Mole Rats and zits was.

"Oh. D-do you know w-where Hemet is?" Hinata asked Taylor,.


"Heheh. Know where Hemet is? Look at my shirt!" Taylor unbuttoned her sweater to reveal a shirt reading
"Where the heck is Hemet?!"

"Then y-you d-don't know?" Hinata asked.

"Of course I know! I was born there!!" Taylor said when she suddenly broke out into a cheer. "GO!GO! GO! GO! HEMET! IT'S THE BEST! SOME PEOPLE CALL IT THE COUNTRY, BUT I CONSIDER IT PARADISE! EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING GOOD CAN BE FOUND IN HEMET!! OOOH YES-"

"Can you please tell us how to get there?" Sasuke asked, irritated by the creepy girl in front of them.

"Oh! Of course!Hold on!" Taylor said as she pulled out a notepad and wrote some directions down."Here ya go!"

"T-thank you." Hinata said as she bid Taylor goodbye and started following the directions.

"That woman was weird." Sasuke suddenly stated.

"I th-think she was really f-funny." Hinata replied with a giggle.

"Not-" Sasuke was cut off when he and Hinata suddenly fell through a hole and were engulfed by a bright blue light.

Suddenly, they landed in an unknown area where it was cool, but, very different than any place either of the two teens had seen before.

Suddenly, an odd and very large Pokemon going past them.

"WHAT IS THAT?!" Hinata and Sasuke yelled in unison as they walked after the unknown creature, in the hopes of finding something out about where they were.


-TO BE CONTINUED-

So, what did you think? Please, review! This chapter was by AlwaysHiei, and, the next chapter will be by GhostPrincess. Once again, please review.