Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Blood ❯ Blood ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Whee, I got bored in Science class again. =3 It's apparently good for my creativity. Anyways, this is a SasuNaru ficlet/drabble thing again; him in italics is still Naruto, and the person is still Sasuke. This takes place after the big fight Sasuke and Naruto are going through now. Naruto was killed by Sasuke, Itachi was killed as well, and Sasuke now knows that he made a great mistake in killing his best friend...his love. -sighs- It better not turn out this way or heads will roll. Enjoy!


Disclaimer: Still don't own Naruto.



Blood.

That was all he remembered. Crimson, scarlet, red spattered all over, blending with crystalline water to create a tainted cloud of betrayal beneath the surface so easily penetrable, swirling and taunting as it pooled on the dusty earth.

That and pain. So much pain...silent anguished cries wailing from deep within, bared to all with a single wound. To create thousands of these would be to release torrents of negative emotion. And he had created them, and he had cried out, and that hurt, that betrayal, it washed away all that he knew and left but residual memories of what he had done.

He never thought he'd see the day when light was completely extinguished from his world, because he was always there. The gleam of his sunshine hair, the woven wheat of his flesh, the sheer shock of shining blue eyes -- always there, a single flame of beautiful color amidst the darkness. Endless energy, pure innocence, like an angel dwelling on earth that deserved far more than any worldly thing could supply him. And now...

Now it was gone.

Now he was gone.

His life had been reduced to only so many shades of the darkest ebony.

And it was all due to his selfish desire for revenge.

Shimmering drops of liquid trickle down upon the somber grey tombstone, the tears noticed only for a mere moment before they are dismissed as irrelevant. A bitter smile spreads itself forcefully across his sickly face, and with no hesitation he draws a blade. The blade. The one that had finished him off and sealed the faint trickle of hope away forever. It had been his death; now it would be his. Pressing the chilled metal to pale flesh, he makes even, deep slashes in his arm. The collection spells a name.

N.
A.
R.
U.
T.
O.


A final curving slit forms the shape of a heart, and once more does the sickening crimson intertwine with crystalline water, but this time, it signifies atonement. As he lies down with that smile still donning his face, obsidian eyes sealing themselves forever, a single thought passes through his mind.

/I promise I'll find you now, Naruto. I promise I'll never leave your side./


.:Owari:.