Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dry Ice ❯ Three Little Ninjas ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

Disclaimer: We do not own any of the Naruto characters, or any other characters and copyright entities mentioned in this story. We do own Vivian, Bibi, and Laura, this plot line, and all the books carried in their backpacks. UFOa is also copyrighted by us, the authors, along with anything to do with it or its members.

 

Summary: "Who are those three girls and why did they appear in our rooms?" pondered Naruto, Sasuke, and Kakashi. They are on a mission, quest, thing of intelligence!

 

Italics denotes mental thoughts

 

Authors' note: We are changing the ages of the characters for the sake of this story. Yes we know that it doesn't follow the ages of the characters of the show/manga. We are making Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and the rest of the characters that are all their age, 16 years old at the beginning of this story and around the time of the first series. Kakashi is 19 years old, the youngest of the jounin, and he is still an ex-ANBU. Basically everything starts off around the second season of the show. The only thing that is different is all of their ages. Now, on with the story.

 

Chapter 2

 

Bibi's viewpoint

 

She drifted out of dreamland as she shifted in her bed. Why does morning come so damn early? She twisted again managing to get her cold exposed toes nicely nestled again in the sheets. Why is my cat at my side? He normally sleeps on my feet keeping them warm. Oh well. She starts to pet the creature next to her. Wow, Pal (her cat) has soft hair, wait a second, this feels like human hair… She opens her eyes a slit until they adjust fully to the morning light. What she sees beside her is anything but her cat.

 

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh" she screamed as she jumped from the bed teetering dangerously as her foot was caught in the sheet.

 

Naruto was jolted awake by her scream. Oh, I like these dreams, these are the dream where random girls appear and turn into Sakura…..yep, any second now and she will have pink hair and be in that little red kimono of hers.

 

"Who the heck are you?!?!?!" she screamed.

 

When he didn't respond, she ran her shaking hand through her hair frantically wracking her brain as to why she was in this place, where it was for that matter, and who this blond haired boy in the bed was.

 

Oh my god, was I drunk last night? I've never been drunk before. Her mind came to a screeching halt. Did anything happen last night? A distressed look was engraved on her face. Where are Laura and Vivian when I need them? She looked down at herself and breathed a sigh of relief noticing that she still had on her clothes. Well, at least I know that I slept fully clothed. That rules out the last question.

 

She was jarred out of her mental discussion by Naruto mumbling, "Since this isn't a normal dream with Sakura, it must have been some bad ramen from last night coming back to haunt me."

 

"Answer my question, who the heck are you and what are you doing here?" she demanded.

 

It finally hit him like a semi-truck into a brick wall at 90 miles an hour, he wasn't dreaming.

 

They then commenced in a screaming match that ended when they were both blue in the face from lack of oxygen. He sat up and came closer to her in attempt to walk around her, but she mistook his actions……

 

Vivian's Viewpoint

 

Beep, beep, beep droned the incessant alarm clock.

 

Vivian groaned and stuck her head under her pillow.

 

I don't wanna get up! I wanna sleep why is that such a hard concept for alarm clocks to understand? she thought.

 

Beep, beep, beep the alarm persisted...

 

I hate these things. Why can't they have a nicer tone than that harsh beeping; something maybe that could lull me back to sleep or at least be easier to ignore.

 

She was now starting to have a full-blown mental conversation. Her thoughts finally became logical as she mentally debated alarm clocks. Hmmm…I guess alarm clocks were invented so people like me would actually get up and not be soothed back to sleep. Otherwise, there would be no point in them. No matter how logical they seem, I still loath them…well at least for now.

 

She tried to coax her lethargic body into moving, but failed as the alarm clock still continued its job of waking its owner.

 

I give up, the intimate object won. It can claim its victory and live to fight another day. Hell, it can have its own flag waving upon a hill for all I care.

 

She suppressed the giggle that threatened to come out from her last thought. Wow, if someone heard the conversations I hold in my head, they would give me a white jacket with oh so shiny belt buckles on the back and give me a nice white padded room all to myself and the voices on my head. But then again, they would also have Bibi and Laura locked up to considering they can go out of this world with their conversations at times. At least I wouldn't be locked up alone. She smirked at the mental image of her and her two friends locked up in a mental ward.

 

The beeping once again broke through her mental conversations to bring her back to reality.

 

Ah darn that thing!

 

She stretched her stiff arm and wiggled her fingers. She then proceeded to hit the snooze button on the alarm.

 

Why the heck isn't it stopping? Cheap piece of plastic. Maybe I'm hitting the wrong button.

 

She poked around the same vicinity in an attempt to stop the alarm that was wearing at her nerves.

 

Suddenly, the alarm clock started to shift. What? What kind of a freak alarm clock moves, and for that matter, it doesn't seem like plastic now that I think of it.

 

"What's going on?" mumbled the groggy voice of the alarm clock.

 

Wait a second, since when do alarm clocks make coherent statements?!?!?!

 

She opened her eyes and was completely unprepared for the sight that was before her. Her alarm clock had taken human form.

 

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I have a cursed alarm clock from Taiwan."

 

He opened his eyes and turned over at the sound of a girl's voice. Wait a second, he thought. What the heck is a girl doing in my apartment?!?!?!

 

He sat up so quickly she never even saw his head coming towards hers. Their heads met in a collision and it seemed to be a tie as both of them jumped apart after taking a severe beating to their heads.

 

"You aren't my alarm clock!" she screamed.

 

He looked at her with wide eyes trying to figure out who she was and how she could have gotten into his apartment and his bed for that matter. He could feel his cool and nonchalant mask slipping. Worry and mass confusion reigned in his brain.

 

Stay calm, there has to be a logical explanation behind this, stay calm, breath. He commanded himself to do. Why is this happening, I mean I can imagine Naruto getting so drunk that he has no clue what's going on and why a girl is in his bed, but this can NEVER happen to me! He paused, his mental thought and then renewed it with increased confusion and curiosity. Is this what freaking out feels like? It's a new experience for me.

 

Wow, Vivian mused, this poor guy looks like a deer caught in the headlights of a hummer having a mental breakdown. Obviously, the deer was having the breakdown, not the hummer.

 

Suddenly he goes up to her and looks her up and down while saying, "Well, at least you're a cute illusion." He started to walk away from her, hoping she would disappear by the time he returned from training, but…..

 

Laura's Viewpoint

 

I'm cold. Whys does the monster under my bed always steal my blanket? Though I actually don't know who always takes my blankets, they always seem to end up on the floor next to my bed in the morning. Hmmm… I guess it could also be the sandman…oh well, I guess I shall never know. Maybe, I could set up a night vision surveillance camera and. A shiver started at her exposed leg and ran up her spine.

 

I'm amazed that I have such an over active imagination when I'm only half awake, but I'm still cold and my imagination doesn't help solve anything. I guess that's what I get for always twisting and turning. That is the real blanket culprit. I must turn so much that it gets thrown off my bed. You would think that if I do this enough I would eventually learn that if I want to stay warm I must not kick the blanket off the bed, but I'm even blonder in my sleep apparently. I guess I'll just have to turn on my heat seeking radar and locate the warmth of my blanket.

 

She turned on her side and nuzzled into her blanket as she fell asleep once again.

 

The sun's rays filtered through the plastic blinds and cast lines of sun on her face as her blue-green eyes fluttered slightly; signifying that she was awakening. She felt her blanket tighten around her waist as she tried to shift, so she ceased her attempt.

 

Mmmmmh, I haven't had such a comfortable or peaceful sleep in a long time. I wish I could just suspend time and lay here forever. I hear and feel a foreign rhythmic breathing that is almost lulling me back to sleep. Wait a second….did I just say foreign breathing? Meaning that it isn't mine?!?!

 

Her eyes shot open and went into temporary shock. Not a coherent thought crossed her mind as she drank in the scene before her. There was a sleeping guy with silver hair that shined form the sunlight on it. He was facing her with his arm around her waist, holding her prisoner in his strong unyielding grip.

 

Maybe I can shift some and get his arm to move so I can escape without waking him. Then I can find out where I am and how to get home.

 

She wiggled and tried to shimmy out of his death grip when it suddenly loosened around her and she noticed that his breathing wasn't as smooth as when he was asleep.

 

Uh oh, Laura though.

 

She looked up at his handsome face with strong chiseled features that reminded her of a Calvin Klein model, except he had a scar over his left eye. As if on cue, his eyes opened and she was staring at one brown (a/n is it brown?) and one red eye.

 

"Ahhhh!" She screamed and her pulse quickened.

 

He looks possessed or something with that one red eye. I feel like he can see right through to my soul with it.

 

He started to smile and raise his arm from her body as she tried to push herself away.

 

I really need to stop reading Come Come Paradise before I go to bed, he mused. It's not good when I wake up imagining a girl in my bed.

 

She was finally free of his grip but pushed herself away from him just a little too fast, and gravity took effect.

 

She landed on the floor with a THUNK.

 

That was when he realized that she wasn't just a sweet dream of his.

 

Damn it, he thought. Why is it that I wake up with a cute girl in my bed and I can't remember a single event that happened last night?

 

She stumbled to her feet with one hand rubbing her aching behind from her spill off the bed while her mouth was slightly agape in disbelief over the entire situation.

 

Oh God. She thought as she panicked. I need to get out of here.

 

He just sat there on the bed bathed in sunshine, watching her.

 

Her hair fanned out in the air as she spun on one foot and headed for the nearest door in the sparsely decorated apartment. She threw it open, stalked inside, and slammed it closed behind her.

 

Where am I? It's as dark as a black hole. She tried to mentally construct a plan to get her out of the situation she was currently in.

 

He chuckled. I wonder how long it will take her to figure out she's in my closet?

 

She heard his musical laughter once again.

 

She felt around till she found something soft and continued to feel around until she recognized a hanger and some shirts. God I'm an idiot. I had to pick the door that led to a walk in closet. I am a cursed blond idiot. Oh no, I hear his footsteps coming. I need to think of something quick. I'll only have one chance at this.

 

She looked so fragile and afraid when she was on the floor before. He was afraid he was going to have to coax her out of the closet.

 

He opened up the door and reached in for her. His hand was blocked. In a flash, her fist connected with his left eye. That was going to leave a mark. The ex-ANBU was caught off guard but wouldn't let something like that happen to him twice. She aimed a high kick for his head which is quite a feat considering he is a little over six feet tall, but she was easily five feet eleven inches. His hand darted out and easily caught her ankle.

 

What's that shining on her head? He wondered. Huh? That is a forehead protector from Konoha!

 

"That was a good hit you made, and I'm impressed with your flexibility for that high kick, but that was too obvious of a move. It gives your opponent ample time to intercept it and hit you back." He lectured.

 

She stared at him with wide eyes, not even realizing that he still held her foot in mid-air and yet she didn't even waver in her balance.

 

"But…how….who…?" she stumbled on her words.

 

Why is it I can't spit out anything? Who the heck is this guy? He looks only a year or so older than me, but man, does he have strength. That was amazing how he caught my leg without even so much as a flinch.

 

"Now, since you tried to attack me, I take it that you don't remember much of last night either. For starters, you are clearly a ninja with some training from those basic maneuvers you tried on me and the Konoha forehead protector which means that you are from here, though I've never seen you around. So, why don't we introduce ourselves?"

 

"How can you be so calm about this entire situation?" Laura asked.

 

"Well, frankly, I don't want to scare you off or hurt you in attempt to defend myself from your attacks again, though I promise you that you wouldn't be able to do me any more harm." He paused. "You still haven't told me your name."

 

"Laura, my name is Laura."

 

"Are you sure about that, because you seem kind of iffy on that statement?"

 

"Yes I'm sure you ass." She said, clearly insulted.

 

"Whoa, there is no need for name calling."

 

"Well, if you would have told me your name in the first place I wouldn't have had to say the first thing that came to mind." She replied.

 

"Hmmm. Witty. I like that. And I must say that you are one of the first to stand up to me in that way." He was clearly amused by the conversation and her frustration.

 

"You are an egotistical bastard, and to top it all off, you haven't told me your name yet."

 

"Ah, you really won't let me beat this around the bush will you? My name is Kakashi, and it's a pleasure to meet you."

 

She just stood there, blankly staring at him. What the heck kind of a name is Kakashi? Oh well, he must have had odd parents.

 

"Now, back to your stance..." That was the first time she noticed that he was still holding her leg in midair.

 

"In order to catch your enemy off guard, move you leg this way." He moved her leg slightly lower and to the left. "Then, you can aim your kick so it follows your enemy's blind spot and just out of their vision so it is unexpected. To do this, you need to tilt your hips at a different angle. Yours are too head on." He put his hands on her hips and titled her stance. He looked into her eyes and they both froze, staring at each other. She lowered her leg that was beginning to feel numb from lack of circulation. He still had his hands on her hips as he took a step forward and closed the distance between then and……………………….