Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Haunting Past ❯ chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
My eyes widened as I heard that voice for the first time in 500 years. What the hell was he doing here?

“What are you doing here?” I growl as I turn to see his figure sitting calmly in the nearby chair, completely cloaked in black.

“Is that any way to treat an older sibling?” he asked while pulling down his cloaks hood to reveal that face of his which hasn’t changed at all.

Long black hair, much like my own, pulled back in a ponytail. Crimson eyes and two scar marks under his eyes. That cocky smirk, the main trait of my diseased clan, sat calmly on his face.

“I don’t even consider you a sibling anymore, just a murderer” I hissed as he stood up.

“Still sore over the wolf boy?” he sneered.

He, Itachi, had never liked Naruto. The one who took my attention from him and my clan. But Naruto wasn’t just some human. He was special! He was attacked when he was a baby by a werewolf. It had killed his mother and father and was about to kill him before a hunter came and shot it. Naruto had told me on a full moon night when we were both at our inner demon selves.

My father, brother and clan disapproved of him but my mother supported us. They said a werewolf and vampire should never be together.

“I saw a boy of the same appearance in this town, little brother” Itachi snickered with an evil glint in his eyes. “Perhaps I should go take care of him before you get any ideas.”

“You wouldn’t” I growl as I glare at him with all the hate I had.

“Oh but I would. Foolish little brother, don’t take me that lightly” he said in cold amusement.

I don’t bother to reply as I glare at him, more and more hate and rage filling my veins as I felt my teeth grow longer and sharper.

“Still cant control that temper, dear brother?” he smirked as I lunged at him, fangs and all. “You do realize the poisons in your fangs will not effect me like some human” he said while pinning me to the ground.

I growl as his smirk grows and his grip on my hands tightened, causing me to wince at the slight sting.

Before either of us could say anymore, a loud banging was coming from the front door. We both looked at the door then back at each other before Itachi got up and disappeared into the shadows.

“Sasuke-kun? Are you there?” I heard Sakura shout as she continued to pound on the front door.

I get up and brush myself off before walking over and answering the door, only to be greeted by pink and blond.

“Hey, Sasuke-kun!” Sakura said cheerfully. “Me and Naruto thought we’d come invite you to get some ramen with us!”

“More like you dragged me here saying WE were getting ramen” Naruto pouted as he shoved his hands in his pockets and looked off to the side.

“Naruto!” Sakura growled as she glared at the blond who cowered in the corner from the girl.

I stared at them as Naruto continued to complain. They were just alike, it hurt.

“Sure” I reply blankly as Sakura’s eyes light up.

“So much for just the two of us” Naruto grumbles while walking away.

Sakura shouted something about ’never going out alone’ and followed. I looked back inside, making sure Itachi’s presence was completely gone before closing the door and following the two.

“So, Sasuke…” Naruto began as he continued walking with his arms folded behind his head. “Sakura says you moved here a little after I left. Where’d you come from?”

“All over” I said, not really paying attention.

“All over? So you were a traveler?” he asked again with a slightly excited look.

“Hn” was all I said while taking noticed to how his expression faltered.

“Naruto, didn’t you visit around America for your long term mission?” Sakura asked as we walked into the ramen shop and sat down.

“Ya, there was actually someone around there that kinda looked like Sasuke” Naruto replied with a thinking look.

I froze. Itachi had seen him around there? Or was there another? It didn’t matter as I looked back at Naruto to see him with a huge grin slapped on his face and his attention to the shop entrance where someone had just walked in.

He actually did look like me. Except his hair was shorter and he wore a shirt that showed off his stomach and was missing one of the sleeves. He smiled calmly as he walked over and straight towards Naruto.

“Hello, Naruto-kun” he said with a calm smile.

“Hey, Sai!” Naruto said excitedly.

Sai looked over to me and then back to Naruto.

“And who is this?” he asked while pointing to me. “Don’t say I’ve been replaced” he said in a joking tone. I could replace him easily.

“Nah, that’s Sasuke, Sakura’s friend” Naruto said while giving me a side glare.

“I see…” Sai began while extending his right hand towards me. “I am Sai, nice to meet you, Sasuke-kun.”

I don bother to reply and instead look the other way with a small ‘Hn’. I see Sai’s smile fade before coming back to life. He turned to Naruto and offered to go train. Naruto eagerly accepted and they left. Which, unfortunately, left me alone with Sakura.

“So….Sasuke-kun…” Sakura said while giving me a shy smile.

“I have to go” I say coldly while standing up and leaving. Maybe I’ll go see how close that Sai and Naruto are.