Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Haunting Past ❯ chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I could feel him staring at my back as I continued to drag the blond along the streets of Konoha. I don’t know why I felt the sudden urge to make him smile, smile for me.

“Sasuke, where are we going?” he asked from behind as I continued to drag him by the hand.

“Anywhere you want” I replied.

“Why are you doing this?” he asked and stopped, causing me to stop with him.

“Can’t I just do something nice?”

“To someone you just met?”

There was a silence as his hand slipped out of my grasp and we just stood there.

“Incase the villagers haven’t warned you, I’m not the best to be around. They wouldn’t even allow me here if it weren’t for all the help I give out” he sounded sad, very sad.

I turned around and noticed him walking away.

“Naruto” I said in a firm tone.

Naruto stopped but didn’t turn around.

“Sasuke…I just met you, don’t go out of you way for some demon” Naruto said coldly before walking away and out of sight.

---

“Sasuke-kun!!” I turned to see a very long haired blonde running up to me with Sakura. The Yamanaka girl, Ino.

“Sasuke-kun, have you seen Naruto?” Sakura asked as her and Ino stopped in front of me.

“We need him to fill in at the shop while me and Sakura run some errands.”

“No” I said simply, causing both girl’s expressions to falter.

“Aww, we needed him. Oh well…” Ino sighed then gave a sly look towards me. “How about you, Sasuke-kun? Would you like to help?”

I thought for a moment, they wouldn’t be there bothering me and I doubt many others would either.

“Nothing better to do” I sighed and both gave off high pitched squeals of delight.

---

Well now I sat boredly at the front register of the Yamanaka flower shop. I sighed and looked towards the window where I could see people passing by outside. I was wrong when I thought not many people would come, infact, tons of girls had stopped by earlier and whether it was normal or not, it was annoying.

The bell jingled, signaling another person had entered the empty store. I looked over to see a mop of blond hair and bright blue eyes. Naruto.

“Sasuke-teme?” he asked while finally realizing I was at the register. “Where’s Ino? I thought she was running the store today?”

“She asked me to fill in” I said simply as he walked over to one of the pots of sunflowers.

“I see, usually she tracks me down for that” he actually looked sort of happy as he moved over to the vases of white carnations.

“Anything I can help you with?” I asked while walking over to him.

“Just looking for some flowers, I’m going to visit KIA memorial.”

He seemed slightly peaceful as his fingers played with one of the petals of one of the carnations. I could feel myself getting closer and closer.

“S-Sasuke?” he stuttered and I realized I was holding him, out faces very close.

I didn’t think as I leaned in and captured his lips in a soft kiss. I saw his eyes widen but didn’t bother to care as I closed mine. Naruto’s arms weakly tried to push me away, finally I let go as he turned around. I smirked though, I knew the blonde’s face was completely flushed.

“P-pervert!” he shouted and ran out of the store.

I chuckled and went back to the register, they were just alike.

(Flashback)

A raven haired teen walked closer to the sobbing sound. Everyone else had been caught up in the carnival so he wondered who could be all the way away in such a depressing place like a graveyard.

“Why did they die” a shaky voice sobbed.

The raven haired teen finally caught sight of a mop of blond hair huddle next to two graves.

“Mom….dad…”

“Naruto ?” the blond turned around, sniffling a bit and wiping away the tears.

“What are you doing here, Sasuke?” he asked while standing up.

“Why aren’t you at the carnival?” Sasuke asked while walking towards the blond.

“Too loud…”

“Coming from you?” Sasuke chuckled while raising a slender brow.

“What does that mean, bastard!” Naruto shouted.

Sasuke chuckled a tad more before noticing the tears that had been missed by Naruto’s hand.

“Why are you crying?” Sasuke asked while walking right up to Naruto.

“C-crying? I have no clue what you’re talking about” Naruto lied, looking to the side and away from Sasuke.

“Dumbass” Sasuke sighed as he leaned forward and pecked the bottom of the tear away, then licking the path of liquid back to the blue orb of Naruto’s eye.

Naruto’s face flamed up as he stepped back and gave Sasuke a furious look.

“P-pervert!!” he shouted and ran off.

(End of Flashback)

Sasuke chuckled to himself at the memory. He might have more fun with Naruto then he thought. Maybe this was his beacon of hope from Naruto’s angel, his Naruto, who he would avenge and not let the new Naruto fall the same fate.