Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Haunting Pasts ❯ Intro ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is a fan fiction.
It follows a plot and character made by a fan.
All other characters or plots are the copyright of Shonen Jump.
I do not own Naruto. If I did this would be on T.V., not in a fan fiction.
Any songs in this story are the copyright of Mettalica, for they are kings of rock.
This story will be my first story in a first person narrative. Review my ideas and style for future improvement.
This story takes place three years after the Sasuke Retrieval arc.
...
In the dreams I see my life before now. The village that took me in. The family and friends I had made. The simple life I could fall into. Then the screams and the fire. The evil men with their swords and torches. Taking what they want with the force they had. How I stood when others begged. How I became a hero with the abilities I had kept hidden. How I drove the evil men off with power, with the rage of battle. But then the screams would only change. They turned to me as the curse of rage rolled over me. I could see their terrified faces as a red vial fell across all. Then it would pull away, to a village in flames, a family dead in the road, and a figure with blood on his hands. Then it would zoom in to show my hands, my face, and the demon grin that split across it.
*AAAAHHHH!!! *I screamed as I once again escaped my tortured mind.
It was still some time of night. The stars and moon played over head. The cool night air ran through the trees; blew across my face cooling the sweat. The sounds of the night drifted to my ears; the chirp of crickets, the rustle of leaves, and the night animals prowling about.
-Hm. I remember. We thought we were protected in these woods. How foolish. Some hidden village to think it could hide from a power like that. -I thought as my mind wandered into memory.
Suddenly the tell tale pain coursed through my body. The memories were waking to much hate and rage in me. I quickly emptied my mind of all hate, all anger, and my body settled.
*Well, I guess I should at least stop by. No man can be a wanderer for all time. *I sighed as I stood and collected my travel kit.
The moon shone across my well muscled back and chest. It turned my pale blonde hair a perfect white that capped the top of my head. The stars seemed to sparkle in my pale blue eyes in a way that could have mesmerized. It also hid the travel damage to my worn clothes and scandals. I recovered my larger straw hat to cover my eyes and slung my guitar under one arm. I looked down at where I had slept that night and in the dirt there were words scrawled on the ground.
It read *Sweet Memories? *
I looked at my own hands and saw one of the fingers covered in the dirt. I rubbed it against my side as I ran my foot across the message, completely erasing it from the ground. I then turned and strode off toward one more part of my past. A past both blissful and troubled.
...