Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Haunting Pasts ❯ Ch.2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

...
My stomach quickly connected with my mind and led me to outside the Ichimaru Ramen shop. It looked mostly deserted except old man Ichimaru and one boy sitting at the counter. As I stepped into the shop I got a full view of the boy. A full view of orange clothes and bright blonde hair.
*Hey old man, another bowl please. *he shouted.
There was already at least four empty bowls next to the kid. I had to laugh. He was so much like him. The bright hair and clothes, the loud mouth, and that classic smile with the sparkle in his deep, blue eyes.
*What's so funny? *the boy said looking back at me.
*Nothing. Just old memories. *I said as I sat down next to him.
I raised a hand and ordered a bowl of pork Ramen.
*Ah, that's good. *the boy exclaimed as he patted his stomach. *Well I'm tapped out. See you latter old man. *he said as he leapt from his stool.
*Why don't you stay? I'll buy you another bowl. *I asked him.
*Really! *he exclaimed as he jumped back up onto his stool and ordered another bowl. *Thanks mister. Why did you want me to stay? *he asked me as we waited for our Ramen.
*I'm a wanderer. Just need someone to talk to for a while. *I explained.
*Oh, well I'm Naruto Uzumaki and I'm going to be the future Hokage! *he declared.
I burst out laughing again as I remembered my own brother saying that. How they are alike even separated.
*What so funny? *Naruto huffed.
*Nothing, just those old memories again. *I explained.
*So what's your name pops? *he asked as we received our Ramen.
*Hanzo. Now without farther interruptions. *I declared as we downed our Ramen together.
*Ah, that was good. Thanks pops. *Naruto said as we left the Ramen shop (as each of us had stuffed away ten bowls at least).
*No problem kid. No problem at all. *I said as I patted my own stomach.
As we began to turn our separate ways we heard a sudden scream and an explosion in the distance. People began to run past us in every direction. As Naruto and myself pushed to the side of the street a pink haired girl appeared above us on the rooftop.
*Naruto! Come on! We have to hurry! *she yelled down.
*What? What's going on Sakura-chan? *Naruto yelled back.
*He's here. Sasuke is at the old Uchiha estate. *Sakura replied as she leapt away.
*What?! I have to go. I might see you latter. *Naruto said to me as he leapt away after Sakura.
-I guess I should see what is happening. -I thought as I faded into the background of the crowd and followed after the two young ninja.
...