Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Ink ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]
SasuHina Oneshot

By: AlwaysHiei

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto-- Masashi Kishimoto does.

"Ink"

Sasuke Uchiha stood silently in a local convenience store within Konoha, staring at the rack of merchandise before him.

He couldn't choose. Which should he get?

'I'm not sure... Black or blue?' Sasuke asked himself silently.

He had been standing there for quite a while now, and people were starting to wonder if he was okay.

"That kids been in here for a long time.. Do you think he's all right?" A store clerk whispered worriedly to her co-worker.

"I'm sure he's fine-- some people take a while to shop." Her co-worker reassured.

"Yeah, but he's only been shoppng in that one aisle this whole time." She replied.

"Maybe he just can't choose which color ink to get." The worker pointed out, shrugging.

"Maybe." She repeated, walking off to get to work again.

What had been said was true; Sasuke had a problem. He wasn't sure if he should get blue or black inked pens.

Sasuke had run out of ink in all of his old pens, and was forced to go shopping for more, or else he'd be stuck with pencils, which Sasuke did not like to write with.

Sasuke didn't want to get red ink-- it was too bright.

He only would settle for dark blue or black. But which one?

Normally Sasuke wouldn't take so long to choose what he should buy. Normally, Sasuke just pick one up, pay, and leave. But for some reason, he couldn't when it came to pens. Pens vexed him, and he always had an issue with which to buy.

Suddenly, another shopper walked through the doors, and lightly walked almost towards Sasuke, until she stopped in another aisle next to his own.

Sasuke looked over the new-comer.'By her lavender eyes, she must be a Hyuuga. But which one?' Sasuke vexed his brain for the answer. 'Who is she? Who is she?' He asked himself, knowing he knew her. 'Hi... Hina? No, it's longer.. Hinasa? No.. Hinata! That's it!' Sasuke figured it out. 'She's born as heiress, but is considered too weak for the position, and was recently kicked out of the compound of the family.'

Sasuke looked at her for another moment, before going back to the blue and black pens.

He rose an eyebrow, before he glanced back at Hinata, and then the pens.

'Blue or black?' Sasuke asked himself.

But not about the pens this time.

Sasuke asked about Hinata's hair.

What color was it? Blue, or black?

He couldn't tell!

Black was more common as a color, so normally he'd assume it was such, but somehow her hair seemed a little different than your average black hair would. It seemed maybe a bit lighter. Like blue. But still not exactly blue, as it seemed very dark as well. It could be navy blue... But it couldn't be at the same time. It seemed too dark for that. but too light for black. So which one?

Not black. Not blue.

It was black. It was blue.

Sasuke had no clue. He obviously couldn't tell from so far away, so why not try to get closer or something? Sasuke complied, and walked over to Hinata's own aisle.

Hinata looked up as soon as she heard his footsteps.

"S-Sasuke-san!" Hinata greeted. "I-It's nice to see y-you here."

"Mmm." Sasuke greeted back, staring intently at Hinata's hair. 'Blue or black?'

Hinata was a little freaked out. 'Why is he staring at me like that? Oh! I must have something on my face. I'd better get to the restroom.'

Sasuke kept staring, forming a grimace on his face. He really couldn't tell! 'I'd have to stare for the rest of my life to figure it out!' He could always just ask, but that'd be awkward, and Sasuke preferred to figure it out himself. 'But it's not like I'm at the luxury to stare at her like this..'

"E-excuse me, S-Sasuke. I-I'm going to g-go over there. I-It was nice to see y-you here t-today." Hinata bowed before rushing off to check and see what was on her face.

'Well, so much for figuring it out today.' Sasuke told himself, walking back to the pen aisle, this time taking both the blue and the black.

'I guess I'll just have to find her another time, and spend a few other days staring at her hair before I'll truly know if it's blue or black.' Sasuke thought. 'Course, it could take a little more time of my looking to be sure...'

THE END

Thanks for reading this! I didn't take very long to write it, so forgive me if it wasn't good. I just always wondered if her hair is black or blue. Black is more likely I guess, but doesn't it kinda seem blue sometimes? I think I'd prefer it blue. Though I'd've preferred buying the black pens. Please review!

Seeya,
AlwaysHiei