Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Ring ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]
Ring

By: AlwaysHiei

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto; Masashi Kishimoto does!

SasuHina Oneshot

‘I wonder how much she loves me.
If she even loves me at all…’

Sasuke walked through the cold and crowded streets of Konoha, taking his time and looking at his surroundings.

‘Does she love me?
Maybe not.’

Sasuke stopped mid-step, turning to stare into a nearby window of a small jewelry store. His gaze seemed to look into nothing; they were practically empty of all emotions other than complete peace and calm.

‘She must love me; that’s what she said.
And Hinata never lies.’

Sasuke’s eyes refocused again as he examined the contents within the shop display window. His eyes fell onto one particular diamond ring. One that seemed, while nice, very plain and easily unnoticeable amongst the other bright, creative gems within. To Sasuke, though, this jewel stood out from the others; it sparkled and shined so much more than the others did.

‘So beautiful—like Hinata.
I wonder just how much she loves me?’

Sasuke looked away from the window to stare up into the sky.

‘Hinata said that she loved me more than anyone else—and she loves everyone else so much.
But I wonder if her love for me is as much as I love her?’

Sasuke lowered his head back to its normal level as he watched the cloudy breath that was coming from his mouth.

‘No, I don’t think so.
I don’t think it’s possible for anyone else to love someone as much as I do Hinata.’

Sasuke smiled, thinking about his love. He slowly turned back to the window, eyeing the ring.

‘What if I kneeled before her and held that ring up to her?
What if I did that and asked, “Will you marry me?”
What would she do?’

Sasuke’s smile turned into an angry frown as he quickly glared at a passing citizen who had been staring at him. Once the citizen was scared off, Sasuke went back to the window.

‘I’d like to do that. And I’d like Hinata to say “yes” afterwards.
I’d love to marry Hinata.’

Sasuke suddenly grinned, almost childishly, at the ring.

‘Yeah…
That sounds nice.’

Sasuke closed his eyes before quickly reopening them to look once more at the cloudy sky. Then he walked into the story and towards the register.

‘I’m going to do that.
…I wonder how much the ring costs?
I hope I have enough on me…’

THE END

I hope everyone enjoyed it! I wrote it during school a couple weeks ago. I liked it all right, and I hope everyone else does too! ^_^

And thanks for editing, Yuuzora! (oOo Endless Rain oOo)
Seeya,
AlwaysHiei