Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ We Shall Meet Again ❯ We Shall Meet Again ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

We Shall Meet Again


The rain pours heavily. Cold was the only thing Kakashi could feel.

Rain droplets landed on his young and handsome gifted face. A gift envied by most people in Kohona. It has been a waste to all girls in Kohona for Kakashi to hide his beautifully craved features underneath his usual black silk mask.

Yet, this time it was different.

The usual black slender cloth was nowhere to be seen on his firm face. His face was gray in color, contaminated with bloodstained. The crimson stood out contrastingly from his pale skin.

His chapped lips were parted slightly.

Kakashi lifted up his severe wounded arm and his hand grasped tightly on his Anbu uniform in the chest, panting.

He stopped on his track and supported him self by leaning on an old tree trunk. He transfixed his gazed, allowing them to scan through his own body.

He took in the sight of a few kunai attached into the flesh of his arm. Underneath his hand on his chest, blood oozed out profusely.

The metal smell filled the cold air.

He knew he could not hold on any longer. He allowed his body to slide down on the trunk.

He sat against the tree, creating his personal blood pool around the earth. Rain failed to wash away the crimson liquid because it will be replaced as soon as it faded.

Kakashi grasped tighter on his shirt, taking in air difficultly. He kept his eyes shut. Pain seems to drift away from him since a long time. His body went numbed. All he could feel was the metal cold slipping in his numbed senses.

He lifted his other wounded hand to his face and brushed away some blood over his eyes.

So he guessed, this is it then.

Among all the times he had cheated death where all his comrades died, his time had finally come. His time for having his name engraved into the memorial stone had finally come.

How many times he had burned his gaze on the names on the stone hoping his name was on it, along with all his fellow comrades and family.

He was a man who cheated death too many times.

No one deserved death more than him.

Now seems like it had finally come to an end. This time, Kakashi was well aware that he would not be able to cheat death anymore.

This would be it. The time he had always embraced.

The place where he could rejoin all his beloved. After witnessing all the death of his beloved, he learns that nothing was left worthwhile for him to hold on to this living world.

Its too painful to bare the realization that he was still breathing while knowing others he had cared for all left him to the other world. So he could not deny the fact that every time he had carried the death preparation with him along all his missions.

Yes, one can say that Kakashi longs for death. To a person like Kakashi, death might be the best remedy for all his pain.

He lifted up his head and snapped open his eyes. The mismatched eyes were covered with fresh blood of his own.

Kakashi was drained with all his chakra and he felt his life is draining away too.

He looked at the sky with rain splashing down on him. A face with a pair of gifted emerald eyes seems to gradually take its form from the dark sky. Kakashi sighed.

Sakura.

How weird. Of all the times he had hope for his own death, yet when death really did embraced him, funny, he don't feel like dying anymore.

Kakashi chuckled softly, causing more blood oozing out from his mouth.

Why? Why now?

Of all the times, all the places it could have been, why now?

Why now? After I had stopped hoping to die, praying to live?

Why now? After I had finally found someone I cared for in this living world?

Why now? After I had someone waiting for my return?

Why now? After I had finally found a place I can call as home?

Why now? After letting me taste the warmth of love?

Why not the time when I'm still living in the darkness I had created for my self?

Why NOW after I had someone I WANTED TO LIVE FOR?

WHY...?

Kakashi thought bitterly.

Fate had really pulled a big prank on him. Of all the times he had longed for death yet death comes to him when all he wanted was to live.

Kakashi released his death grip on his shirt and difficultly moved his numbed hand towards his neck.

He searched through the front of his neck and a small smile crept on his bloodstained face when he managed to find the small pendent attached to the silver necklace on his neck.

His wounded fingers pressed through the words engraved on the silver metal pendent plate.

S.A.K.U.R.A

It was a pendent made by Sakura herself. It was given to Kakashi for his thirty fifth-birthday present.

Kakashi remembered the smile Sakura gave him when she proudly presented her craftwork pendent to him.

He remembered the sweet scents Sakura carried when she leaned forward to place the necklace on his neck.

He remembered the sparks of glint in Sakura's emerald eyes when he praised her for her good work.

He remembered the kissed she gave him when he told her how much he likes her present.

Gosh, how he remembered...

How he desired to listen once more to her sweet voice whispering in his ears, telling him how much she loved him.

How he hoped to have her by his side now, so that he could tell her how much he loved her. How he had wanted to return to her. How he had wanted to live.

To live for her.

Kakashi remembered the night before he needs to leave for his mission. He remembered her telling him that she had a bad feeling of his mission. He remembered how she asked him to reject his mission, pleaded him to stay.

When she realized nothing could be done anymore, Sakura had made him to promise that he will return to her no matter what.

Kakashi remembered how he laughed at her for being paranoid.

Sigh.

Never underestimate a women's six sense.

This was something Kakashi learned but it was a little too late to realize.

Look what a messed he had got him self into now.

Kakashi closed his eyes tightly as he felt a hot burning pain shot through his chest.

So this is it then.

A tear slipped out from the corner of his left eye, tracing the characteristic scar down to his firmed jaws.

Sakura, I'm sorry.

I've failed to fulfill my promised to you.

In the end, this is still what I am.

A cheater.

A liar.

Don't be sad Sakura.

Don't shed tears for me.

You should know how I hated your tears.

Smile for me.

You know how I loved your smile.

Sakura.

Thanks for loving me.

Thanks for teaching me how to live again.

Thanks for everything.

For now I will have to leave you.

This will not be forever.

Sakura.

We shall meet again sometime.

When the sakura blooms.

And when that time comes, nothing can part us away anymore.

I will be there waiting for you, watching over you.

Therefore don't be scared, for you will not be alone.

I've...got to...go now Sakura.

I have regretted... not telling you earlier...how I love hearing you...calling out my name.

But never ...mind, I..will tell ...you when we...meet..again.

Go..od-by...e, Sa...ku..ra.

I love you...

We shall meet again.

This time I will not be late.

I will be the one waiting for you.


Reviews!