Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What am I to you? ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

His hands froze around the bottle of water after she said those words. The words just grasped his mind and heart.
“What?” But he wanted her to say them again. He wanted to hear them again.
She sat on his bed bouncing around as she rolled her eyes.
“I said that for a queer guy, I really like you and so much. Please don't make me say it again, if you didn't get it, just
go screw yourself.”
He laughed so hard at her statement and he swallowed the tears of joy he felt pricking at the back of eyelids. But, she wasn't herself. She was still perky Sakura and not the real Sakura yet.
However, getting a compliment from Sakura at all was a miracle. He leaned more against the window watching her.
She was combing her hands through her hair as she tried to tie it into bun.
He smiled and looked out the window. “You know what Sakura, I like you too.”
He didn't know what else to tell her, he wanted to tell her more; he loved her other than just liking her.
“You are freaking kidding me, right?” she uttered.
He shook his head looking her away. What was she trying to say? That she knew him better than he knew his own self? She was now lying on her belly on the bed, on her elbows staring at him with laughing eyes. He frowned in anger. Did she think that he was lying?
“Look, I know what I want. I like you. You are not in my head to know what the hell I'm feeling.”
She chuckled softly. “You are mad at me Naruto. What the hell is up your butt anyway?” Her hands disappeared into her long, bushy, pink hair.
Naruto's eyes widened as he stared at her. And then he looked back out the window. Why was he mad?! He couldn't tell her even though he was tempted to. She had enough shit to handle.
“I'm not,” he denied it.
“Right. Naruto? You and I were not lovers, but I feel so attracted to you. What were we? Friends? From my memories of you, I only remember that we weren't friends. What were we to each other?”
She twirled her hair around with her finger.
He clenched his jaw and swung his bottle of water to his lips. It was better if they didn't talk about that topic. He sipped his drink and sauntered where she was.
“Are you hungry Sakura so I can get you something to eat?”
She looked at him for a second not saying anything before a smile went on her pretty face.
“Yeah…” She sat up and rolled off the bed that her feet rested on the ground.
“I want something to eat and I want Chinese.”
He nodded. That he could offer her. “I will go bring it.” He looked at her. He hadn't left her in the house by herself since he brought her into his home. Would it be wise to leave her alone in her state?
“I will wait here for you,” she told him.
Naruto didn't know but he started for the door. Inside he had a bad feeling that something bad was about to happen once he left. But, then again, he might be
overreacting.
“Naruto, go get me my food,” she whined at him.
He stopped in front of the exit out of the room feeling her bony arms around his waist. She kissed his back and he closed his eyes.
Turning he blew her an air kiss and he saw her bow at him in fake courtesy. He laughed and left the house.
--
Once Naruto left, she sat on the bed wondering what to do during his leave. She lay down on his bed and looked at the ceiling.
There was something important she had forgotten. She had forgotten someone important to her. Her hands moved to her ears and she played with the earrings Naruto had brought her yesterday.
He was very mysterious; she wondered what he was hiding from her. Did he ever have a crush on her-ha! That was very well pronounced. He blushed whenever she gave him a
friendly massage. And it wasn't just a week ago he warned her off of ever touching him sexually again.
She got off the bed and walked to his closet.
“Well, well, what are you hiding Naruto?” she said to herself smiling. Her hands reached in the closet and she moved his clothes around.
She saw nothing but his stylish clothes. Why did he have all of these clothes? They smelled new. She looked down to see boxes and boxes.
Hm. She smirked and went down to her knees searching the first box on top, to only find in there goggles of some sort. She laughed remembering in her memories a young Naruto wearing them. He had looked so comical.
She laughed some more and continued searching the box to find funny looking pajamas that didn't fit him right now. “Naruto…” she giggled then.
She moved that box to the floor and put everything as she had found them. Her eyes then dropped to the taped up box. She untapped it and looked inside to see frames of pictures. What the hell was this? It was picture and it had four people on it. She was in it and she could see Naruto but she couldn't see very well the other two people. She would have to pull out the picture to be able to look at everyone closely.
“Sakura, do you want a Sprite, Orange or a Coke?” Naruto's voice sounded from the other room.
She froze feeling so guilty for looking through his private stuff. Hearing the quick movements of her heart, she tried to answer him without stuttering.
“I want Coke!” Her eyes though remained on the picture that had attracted her attention so much. She covered the box and stacked the other one back on top of it.
Closing the closet quickly, she walked back to the bed and sat down.
He entered into the room with the smell of Chinese food. She watched him as he put the tray on the bed.
He sat down, the tray between them, and popped his Sprite can open.
“So, what did I miss?” he asked as he brought the can to his lips.
“Nothing much,” she replied gulping. She picked up the container of her food and popped it open.
He was looking at her, she could feel his eyes on her hands as they grabbed for a piece of chicken out of the container.
For the first time, she started wondering if Naruto didn't want her to remember her past. Every time she asked questions about past, he changed the subject really fast. Why didn't he hang the pictures other than storing them away? What really happened in their past? She was now very curious.