Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ A Sea of Primroses ❯ A Sea of Primroses ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Sea of Primroses
By Ariel Himura
A woman, I see, with a big white sun hat and a white sundress, strolling along a field of primroses and a line of trees. She stops under a tree to look out at the vast blue. She looks back at the tree and mutters, “Will the wind carry my call?”
A gush of wind blows by. The tree answers, “Not your wish, but your other's wish.”
The girl grew solemn. “I see,” said the girl in the sundress. “If not today, then tomorrow?”
The tree grew silent as if to listen to the wind. “Only the wind can tell you that tomorrow.”
“Then I will ask the sea if it will comply.” The girl looked down her white dress to her naked toes to see only barren dirt below her clean feet.
“Be careful of the clam waters. Only they can see your true form.”
“If only that mirror would cease to exist, nothing will…” The tree danced with the wind a sit is tossed about. “If only, if only… Wings to spread, and a jump to touch the cotton white that floats so peacefully. As high as the sky, with a world beyond it.”
“A wish,” the tree remarked, “as yours will only come with time. Time is the one thing that is not original.”
“What will come of it if time ceased and move?”
The old one said, “Only that of fate can answer.”
“Then you are not the one, old friend, that needs to worry of such things.”
“Indeed,” stated the wooden frame. “Only the others can answer your questions. I am merely here to help ones guidance.”
“No just will come from them. Only silver and gold. Red rivers stream from them. You only carry water and shade.”
“I might be simple, but I cannot gain anything that isn't the sun or the rain.”
“Then I will make it so you have more.”
“But I'm not what you need. There is only so much I can do for you. That is why you need them.”
“Nothing is beautiful any more. Nothing but walking through a haze.” The girl sits down.
“See through and make amends. Forgive all and walk on.”
“This is where I belong. No more sadness. No more betrayal.”
“But you must,” the tree states through the wind. “No one knows of you because you let it so. I shall not be by thee forever more. Thee need to spread thy wings and be one with thy wind.”
“One has tried, but soon met thy fate. I have tried, and tried but never do I wish again. Why shant I be with thee?”
“You know I know no love. That is thyne desire, is it not? To be loved, and love in return, is not one's wish?” The girl shook her head. “Then what is it you seek? If not love, and surely not strength of greed…What is in your heart that beats so proudly for? What?”
“A power that is granted by the Gods themselves. To truly become one with thy mirror. Only true freedom exists.”
“If I was able to move thy roots, then only madness be erupted. But that wish will never come to be. I do not respect, but I can only ideally watch with water filled eyes. No happiness will come of this.”
“Does one not see? There is not joy in which is to come. Only grief and anguish awaits whichever road I choose. Do you not see? There is no dove that will fly above, only ravens. I am through with the herds filled with them. No soil would ever cleanse this wretched body. No fires will burn and ever continue their glow. Only the sea understands.”
She hides her head in her knees. “I see red around by the gallons. No heaven will welcome one such as me. I have done enough.” Her voice grew hoarse with every breath she took. Her face now drenched with the salty waters on which she had held. “That is why I wish to never go back! To forget thy sins and to just view this world from afar! That is my only wish!”
Only view to see for her is her knees and a few flowers in front of her with tear filled eyes. “No more! No more!”
“There is only so much that I can do to comfort. But your wish I will never granted.”
“Why not?!” She looked up with blood-shot eyes.
“It is against thyne intensions. You do not wish to be apart of this story that you have created, but you can not leave it either. Or else you would have been long gone. Living is what makes us stronger. But for thy heroine of mine, your heart must beat a new. What is it you truly desire?”
She looked back down at her tear soaked dress, and laughed. “I only desire…I only desire to be held in one's embrace but not just any one's embrace,” she smiled with eyes that shown so bright; a rekindled flame started to arise within her. “His embrace. The one just for me.” Eyes turn sour as another wave crashed down upon the sandy beaches that lay just below the pools. “The one just for me.” Her face returned to her hugged knees. “That is my only wish…”
Placing her hands over her ears. “That pestering yelling and screaming! I can still hear the call of my name that was once my own. Nevermore shall it be.”
The tree stayed silent listening to her mourn. One question that pegged his curiosity: What happened to the blissful girl from only days ago? “Tell me child, who had done such torment to ye?”
She sniffed, “Only the Gods themselves. But what such a thing to believe in now. Only blame is me and them. No one else. I did all. If only…” More tears weld up in her eyes. Shaking shoulders only proved the point. A leaf fell onto her shoulder.
“What sin did ye engage?”
“That of wrath which consumed me that fateful night. I long for return to before, but peace has found me here.” She smiled and looked up at the tree with adoration. She looked back at the flower covered bed with the blue blanket with stuffing popping out here and there over head. “I've longed for this silence and tranquility. I would not want no else but your body behind me, your arms above me, and your gentle shine over me. Just like this I could find serenity.”
“But I am not what could fill the whole appetite within your heart. I merely shade what you wish to uncover. Only to shield you from your troubled storms that you have yet to disclose for a short time. By then, you will then be drenched with a stronger sickness, my naïve little one. Tis it is not your fault.”
“But that truth cannot be what I wish for. This world that I found is much more suitable. I do have all I need. I told you, I need no else.” She sighs.
“But you lie to not me nor your other, but yourself. You need to find a new, with which I cannot help. I am forever to be in the roots that I once planted. You are much more free that I'll ever be. And here I lie before you with no regrets, and no misery. You need to find that one true happiness that is best for you.”
“After much long seeking, I grew tired. Never again will I love like that once again. I will forever be rooted to him and no one else. And I wither away without his glow and his heart. Forever will I endure this fate which lays no hope to care for. I, alone, will most likely die of such an abomination. Never will I love. But you will be with me till the end. For that, I am grateful.” She closed her eyes and new rivulets appeared on her down-casted face.
“But who will say that the wind does not carry new hope? Only you can move around this vast world and experience new things while I sit and watch the world around. Only hope for tomorrow pushes me through. You are my hope. Telling me fantastic stories of them; humorous ones at best. But I will never be able to see the truths that you lay beside me. Only imagining what a cast world this is. Only you can see what I only dream.”
The girl stood abruptly still; eyes wavering a new. “But if I run now, only the sea would greet me. I would be happy to unite with one such as mighty. No man, and no tree, seems to want me. Why would I stay with such a taunt hanging above my every move. Only will I hear the voices of that night and no more. All voices fuse into one and cannot think any longer. That one voice that always reminded of happiness and joy, all disappeared. But in the ocean, all sound cease to exist. No more yelling, no more torment, and no more accusations of what once happened. No more. All will become nothing that I desire most.” She closed her eyes and drew out her arms. “Come at me, oh strong and mighty Poseidon. Take me as you will. Do with me what pleases you most, and do not regard what happiness or sadness befall me such as no deeper despair.”
“Is this what you will recite to the one whose reflection is true?”
“With all that I've seen, only a rocks throw will shatter what is left, but no more. I've seen the tempests that pass overhead and do not fear in the least.” Her eyes down-cast and faces the tree. ”I only wish to see the one dearest to me. I will pay hell a visit if it is required.” Sternly looked at the tree and turned to look at the sky. With a breath, she relaxes and continues. “Only to see a face that never shows sadness and to share all that is warm. Forgetting everything; becoming nothing.”
“Who was this man that has you so captured by his being?”
She smirks, “A man that all dream for. That special one that no one else can have. Only the Gods could have sculpted a more perfect boy for the mind and soul that it with holds. Loved by all, but loves only one. His heart cries for all, but not lost. One that is true and beautiful. Not just beauty within the face, but the heart and soul reflect.” Her eyes lowered as remorse hits again. “But that person shall never be again. Not ever…” Tears rolled down once more.
“Are you for certain?” She nodded with eyes closed. “How is it so? What fate had befallen him?”
She took a deep breath. “I saw with my own eyes that weep for his lost soul. You've seen him! He's the one that told me about your wisdom and your gentle shine; your comfort and loving embrace. How could you not believe me?! I tell no lies when I've seen him stabbed by my own kin's hands. I felt abandoned and lost that I took the sword up for the first time and my sin took over my body. I can only tell you how much unrefined, red liquid came from that room alone. After my eyes had awoken, I dreamt that it couldn't be true. What fate did lie before my only love as I stared and felt utterly helpless as I've caused more pain to him? I could only watch his painful silence as he faded into black. No longer able to with hold it, a scream on which I don't recall hearing coming from me as it brought more of them into the mixture. I stepped away with my soaked hands and ran away. Never to see familiar faces again.” She crouches to the ground, covers her ears, and shakes her head while she screams, “I know he's dead! I know he's dead! I held him in my hands as I saw the life from him being washed away by the current of death.” She was crying harder than she ever has.
“Did you wish them ill?”
She lets go of her ears and turns to face the tree. She is now just on her knees. “Heavens no! If I could take back that stupid argument I would, but time that once started by man, can't be reversed. I know that now. I only hoped for his bright smile and warm body… Not what was left of him.” She looks down at the grounded roots with slack arms.
The tree smirked, “Have you ever seen the want for the body to arise once more? It seems you could only pine after a dead man.”
She stood silent with her back to him with her eyes looking down at her feet. “Never by the means. It goes against all that is natural. But in truth, yes, I wish I could see him moving about once more.” She smiled. “We could be together again and live somewhere away from here… That would be nice…”
“You wouldn't be living truth. Your heart craves for something that can never be, and you are dealing with the price of a widow. But is that the name that you would like to live with?” She shakes her head. “It seems to be that the one that you love deep within the core of your soul, in the depths of your heart. His heart may no longer beat in the reality that you see before you, but within your own. Just close your eyes and you can see all that is him. Feel his entity around you, and know that he loved no other. Can you not feel that love? Would you want him to see you in such a state?” She shook her head again. “Then show that smile that I've seen many a time before. No need for despair, no need for this torment. No other man could make you happy. Your thoughts only lead you astray. Know now the happiness that was before and find a new.”
“But there is no other! Don't you see?!” She is now facing and shouting about. “I can love no other, care for no other then I did he. He is my absolute; my reason and rhyme. I cannot see another man like I did he. It will only bring more sorrow. I just cannot…” She looked dejectedly at the primroses yet again.
“You for certain?”
“Would your leaves ever be a brighter green?” She touches a leaf near by.
“My leaves change every season. Are you that uncertain to say that you could love no other when you change your mind as much as my leaves do fall? Nothing is forever. Then close your eyes.” She closes with utter calmness. “Who is it that you see the most?”
“It is he.”
“Who's smile do you seek?”
“It is he.” She smiles.
“Who's sorrow and suffering do you wish to ease?”
“It is he!” she exclaims.
“Who's arms you see stretched out before you, calling you for closure?”
“It is he!” a little bit louder now.
“Do you see no other?”
“I see only him!”
“Who is it you want most? Desire from the bottom from your being? Who is it that promised you forever and after? In sickness and in health. To death do you part? Is he the one? Is he?”
“Yes. Yes, he is! I want him more than anyone else. More than the air that I breathe! He is my being. He is my soul… He is me!”
“Then open your eyes…” she hears for a front of her.
With a query expression, she opens her puffy eyes slowly only to see in front of her view of the pasture of flowers is the man that she desperately wanted to yield. No words came out of her mouth for there was no time between the realization and from the breath of life that he was giving her with all of his heart. She returned that love with all the joy she was feeling. Arms wrapped around her counterpart as he did the same. When there was no more air to breathe, they looked at each other slowly and both gleamed with happiness. With that they held each other in the embrace that she so dreamed of, and became one all over again.
As the sun sets, all that was left was the tree and the field of primroses.