Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Light in the Darkness ❯ Home to Stay ( Chapter 53 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A Light in the Darkness - Part 53: Home to Stay
by Mia Skywalker & Wataruo
 
PAIRING: Yamcha/Hakusai
RATING: NC-17
WARNINGS: Quite a bit of lemon.
DISCLAIMER: Neither of us owns any of the DBZ characters or anything about DBZ, but we both wish we owned the Saiyans. All of them. At least all of the ones with hair. And yes, we're including Yamcha in that, now you know. These characters are owned by Toei, Viz, Akira Toriyama, and FUNimation. We do own what we've written here, and our specific storyline, just not Dragonball itself. We make no money off of any of these guys, nor off this fic. We just have fun writing it.
SUMMARY: Hakusai returns. She and Yamcha talk, but she keeps certain truths to herself.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: Thank you to TwoMoons and Lady Lark for beta-ing this.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Hakusai cracked an eye open when the pod broke through Earth's atmosphere, and she smiled.
 
“It's about damn time.” Hakusai turned her head at the voice to see Serori stretching. “I was getting a cramp.”
 
Hakusai rolled her eyes. “Just hold on, brat. It's a rough landing.”
 
The ship touched down - or crashed down actually - a little distance away from the main building of Capsule Corporation. Her sister jumped out and stared around her in amazement. Hakusai's expression softened. Finally she was home.
 
“This place is humongous!” Serori exclaimed. “What did you call it again?”
 
“Capsule Corporation. Our sister-in-law owns it.” Hakusai stretched to work out the kinks.
 
“Cool!” the little girl said with awe and looked up. “Hey, someone with a big ki is headed this way.”
 
Hakusai concentrated for a moment then a large grin spread itself across her face. “Yamcha,” she whispered.
 
Yamcha landed lightly near them, and couldn't stop staring at Hakusai. He hadn't realized how much he had missed her until she was right there in front of him. He had been blocking every thought of her while she was gone, instinctively knowing it would have driven him insane if he hadn't. He didn't even notice the little girl nearby as he walked slowly towards the woman who had been haunting his thoughts for the past few days. When he reached her, frozen and silent with her own muddled thoughts, his hands settled down on her shoulders as he stared down at her intently. Then unable to do anything else, he bent down and kissed her fiercely, with a passion he might never have known he possessed if it hadn't been for her.
 
Hakusai whimpered when Yamcha kissed her as if he hadn't seen her for years instead of days. She forgot her sister was standing nearby and looped her arms around his waist, kissing him back just as passionately. She pulled away when she realized she was looking up at him more than she usually did.
 
She leaned back, gave him an impish grin and chuckled. “Yamcha, did you get taller while I was away?”
 
Yamcha blinked in confusion, her words jarring him out of his trance. He didn't really want to be jarred out of his trance. He just wanted to taste her, hold her, touch her every way he could, to assuage the need that was filling him and controlling him at the moment.
 
“Yeah. A little.”
 
The fact that he had grown a complete foot seemed irrelevant at the moment. He closed his eyes and started to kiss her again, his hands roaming over her body with no concern for whoever might be watching.
 
“I'd say a lot,” she whispered against his mouth, her hands trailing down to stroke his back. “More muscular too.”
 
She trembled when he touched her. Oh how she missed this, his hands on her. Hakusai was desperately trying to keep control, as Yamcha assaulted her senses, but she was failing miserably.
 
“Um, do you two want me to take a walk?” A voice broke into Hakusai's consciousness and she pulled away to see her sister grinning at her.
 
Hakusai snuggled against Yamcha's chest and smiled back. “And let you blow up the planet? I think not. Yamcha, this is my half sister Serori,” she said not loosing her grip from Yamcha's waist.
 
Yamcha didn't acknowledge Serori other than to glance at her swiftly. “Let her go, woman!” he growled at Hakusai. He could feel himself beginning to drown again, and knew somehow the only way to stop it was to have Hakusai right now. “She'll be all right. I won't be.” Hakusai could see the torment in the back of Yamcha's eyes, and knew that no matter what, he was going to have her in the next few minutes or go completely insane.
 
Hakusai immediately recognized what Yamcha was going through and it subdued her completely. “Serori. Talk a walk.” She didn't take her eyes off of Yamcha's as she reached up to touch his cheek. “It's okay,” she told him softly. “I won't leave you again. Ever.”
 
Yamcha closed his eyes, his heartbeat thundering in his ears. He lowered his mouth to Hakusai's again, not even noticing the little girl moving off. Without hesitation he began to strip Hakusai of her bodysuit, even as she was removing his. She noted that his outfit wasn't similar to what he had been wearing the last time she had seen him, that he was wearing something that stretched, although it didn't look like it would hold up too well in a real battle. Not like her battlesuit, she thought absently.
 
As quickly as they had shed their clothing, they were on the ground, touching each other in every place they could reach. Both were oblivious to the grass and ground and rocks under them; all they could feel was each other. Yamcha crushed Hakusai to him, and his hands shook as they drifted down to her buttocks, lifting her up and against him. He wasn't even coherent enough to say her name, all he could do was growl as he kissed her, and then plunged into her, unable to do anything else.
 
Their lovemaking was forceful, almost violent, as they came together in a tremendous climax of need and desire that didn't take more than minutes for both of them to achieve. As Yamcha held Hakusai in his arms shortly afterwards, he realized he hadn't even said hello to her. She had stepped out of her ship, and the first thing he had done was take her. He groaned, realizing how crude and barbaric that was. Was she going to forgive him for it? He needed her so much, and he suddenly knew he loved her as well. If he had just destroyed all chance of them being together more permanently he wasn't sure what he would do.
 
He lifted her off of him slightly, and looked into her eyes. “Hakusai?” he said hesitantly. “I didn't... I didn't hurt you, did I? You're not mad at me for that, are you?”
 
Hakusai chuckled as she brushed the hair out of his eyes. “You didn't hurt me,” she told him leaning forward and kissed his chin gently. “But next time let's use a bed.” She snuggled against his chest and closed her eyes, not really wanting to move and sighed. “Rocks hurt.”
 
“Oh.” He thought about it for a moment. “I didn't even notice.” He sat up then, pulling her into his lap. “Hakusai.... We need to talk.”
 
He dropped his chin onto the top of her head, tucking her face against his neck. She was surprised at how large he had grown; he was not only taller, but broader and more muscular as well.
 
“I don't know what's happening to me, Hakusai.” His voice sounded worried. “Something's happening, and I don't understand. Bulma doesn't know if I'm going to keep growing this way, and I'm scared.”
 
It was at about that moment that Bulma's airbike crested over the rise, and she and Vegeta found the two Saiyans entwined in an embrace. Bulma backed off a little, turning around. “Oh!” she exclaimed in embarrassment. “I'm sorry. I didn't expect....” She trailed off, not knowing what to say.
 
Hakusai giggled. “Don't worry about it. But if you come across a little girl with red hair and an attitude, do you think you could keep her busy for me?” she asked the other woman. ::It's ok, we will think of something, Yamcha-chan.::
 
Bulma nodded, relieved at having an excuse to leave. “I'll look for her,” she promised, and then moved off with Vegeta behind her. “Vegeta,” she called out to the small Saiyan. “Would she sense you, do you think?”
 
“Maybe.” Vegeta cast one last glance at Yamcha and Hakusai, then followed his mate.
 
Yamcha held more tightly to Hakusai. “I'm just scared, Hakusai,” he murmured against her hair. “What if I don't stop? What if I keep growing forever? I don't understand why this is happening to me....”
 
Hakusai snuggled against him and sighed. “I think that once you reach the height you were supposed to be, you will stop growing. Saiyan males are usually very tall. Vegeta and Goku are exceptions. You will be fine.”
 
Yamcha sighed and continued to cuddle with Hakusai on his lap. He wasn't used to his size, and he felt awkward and uncomfortable. It was unnerving towering over Goku, who used to be several inches taller than him.
 
“I suppose,” he murmured into her hair. She now felt delicate and vulnerable to him, and he felt this sudden need to protect her forever. “Hakusai...” he began, and then trailed off, not sure how to ask what he wanted to ask.
 
“Hmm?” she murmured against his chest. She was not in any hurry to move. Just sitting with him felt right. And she did not want to move any time soon. She lifted her head to look up at him. “What is it, Yamcha?” she asked softly.
 
Yamcha wasn't sure even what he wanted to ask her. He knew there was something important he needed to know, but he didn't know what it was. All he knew was that this moment, this feeling, somehow felt right to him. He slid his hands down her back, reveling in how soft her skin felt under the palms of his hands. He looked down into her eyes, not sure what he was looking for, and not sure if he was finding it. Finally, confused and frustrated from that confusion, he bent down and captured her lips in his.
 
Hakusai sighed and leaned into his kiss. She wasn't sure what she had seen in Yamcha's eyes only moments before. She wanted him to confide in her, but whatever it was would remain his secret until he decided to tell her. Hakusai pulled back and looked up into Yamcha's face.
 
“So did you miss me?” she asked impishly.
 
“Miss?” Yamcha shook his head. “I don't think... I couldn't think about you. Every time I did....” He swallowed hard. “It hurt.... It was like I'd lost an arm or a leg. Or my heart. The others... they seemed to think it was just the fact that I was growing, but that wasn't it. I think if you'd stayed away, I might have... I might have died.”
 
Hakusai tried to keep her face expressionless as Yamcha spoke, but she knew immediately what he was describing. He had bonded to her. She didn't know whether to laugh or cry. She could feel the pain he had gone through and she reached up to touch his cheek.
 
“Oh, Yamcha,” she whispered before hugging him tightly.
 
Yamcha returned her embrace, not sure what she was feeling. He wasn't sure what he was feeling, either. He was a little frightened; he didn't want to lose her, but he didn't know what she wanted from him. He had just told her the truth, allowed himself to be vulnerable, and she hadn't said anything about it. He held her tightly, afraid to let go, afraid to let her leave. There was a part of him that instinctively wanted to force her to stay with him, even if she didn't want to. He needed her, and he knew it. If she left him, he would die.
 
He crushed her more tightly to him; if she hadn't been Saiyan he would have broken several ribs. “Don't leave me, Hakusai!” he ordered. “I can't let you leave. Please... please stay!”
 
“I am not going anywhere,” she said looking up at him. “Ever.” She shifted so she could look up into his eyes. “You see I....”
 
She paused wondering how to tell him what happened or even if she should. With everything that had happened recently she really didn't know if he could handle the fact that she knew he had bonded. Or the fact that she was carrying his son. Or daughter, she amended. If he hadn't looked so vulnerable then maybe she would have told him everything right then, but instead she found herself blinking back tears.
 
“I need you too much to leave,” she said quietly.
 
Yamcha sighed and closed his eyes, relieved at her answer. He continued to hold her tightly for a long while, uncaring of his nudity, content to simply feel her against him. Although she was sitting in his lap, he had become so much larger that he held her cuddled like a child. He ran his hand down her shoulder and back, simply enjoying the silky feel of her skin as he pressed his cheek to the top of her head. He inhaled the scent of her hair, listened to the pounding of her heart, felt her breasts pressed flush against his chest.
 
After a long while, he pulled her back from him, and smiled hesitantly at her. “Hakusai? You don't mind... you don't mind the fact that I've changed, do you?” He looked down at himself, suddenly feeling awkward. “I feel like a freak....”
 
“I would like you if you were short and noseless,” she said, leaning forward to rub her nose against his. “I like big males. Comes from being tall myself.” Feeling suddenly playful, Hakusai ran her hands over Yamcha's chest then over his belly to settle between his thighs. At Yamcha's startled gasp, she smirked up at him when she began to tease the inside of his thighs with her fingers. “I like really big males,” she purred at him.
 
Yamcha could feel himself growing aroused again, and he looked down at her, unable to stop staring at her soft, white breasts. He lifted her slightly, lowering his head and taking a nipple in his mouth, then lowered her so she was straddling him. His erection nudged its way towards her, and he could feel her own wetness welcoming him inside. The temptation was too much; he slid her towards him, slipping into her warmth. He could feel her tightness around him, grasping him gently as she gasped, her eyes closing in pleasure. He held her against him, not moving, just enjoying the way she fit around him. He could feel himself growing inside of her, enlarging, and she moaned with delight. He lifted her easily, settling her into a rhythm, moving her over his manhood, stroking her gently inside.
 
Hakusai trembled as she moved with Yamcha, her hips matching his thrust for thrust. Their lovemaking was slower this time, but just as intense when they both climaxed. Hakusai's cries of pleasure mingled in with Yamcha's low growl, as she scraped her fingernails down his back, unaware of how much blood she was actually drawing. It was only when she lifted her head, still gasping slightly that she noticed the blood on her hands.
 
Hakusai blinked a few times and met Yamcha's eyes. She gave him an apologetic smile before speaking. “I am sorry about that. I'll clean those for you so they don't get infected.”
 
Yamcha blinked a few times and then shrugged. “I've had worse,” he said dismissively. He stared intently into her eyes, making her wonder what was going through his mind. His hands tightened on her shoulders. “Hakusai...” He swallowed. “Hakusai, will you stay with me?” When he realized how vague that sounded, he blushed. “I mean, will you move in with me? We could live together....”
 
Then he thought about where he was currently living and winced. “But not with Pu'ar. I'm not sure she would understand. Maybe we can get our own place, you know, and maybe....”
 
He hesitated, not sure what he wanted to ask her. Somehow he wanted something more permanent, but didn't know how to ask for it or explain it.
 
Hakusai's eyebrows went up as she studied him. Was he asking what she thought he was? But something else he had said caught her attention. Who was Pu'ar? Another one of his females he was living with? She frowned at him, swallowed hard and willed herself not to be jealous.
 
“Who is Pu'ar?” she asked hoping her voice was steadier than she was feeling. “What won't she understand?”
 
Yamcha shrugged. “Pu'ar? She's my best friend. We live together. We've known each other since... since my mother abandoned me, I guess. I'm not sure she would understand if I brought home a girlfriend, especially a Saiyan.” He blinked, suddenly realizing what she thought, and he flushed in mortification. “It's not like that! She's just a friend! She's not even human. She's a cat....” He sighed. “She can change shape and do other things. I guess she saved my life when I was young, kept me out of trouble. Then she was sent away to school and I didn't see her again for a while, until we... um....”
 
He didn't want to tell Hakusai about them becoming bandits, wondering what she would think if she knew he had once been a criminal.
 
She was more than a little relieved that Pu'ar turned out to be nothing more than a friend. It had hurt, more than she wanted to admit, but the thought of Yamcha with another woman made her... what? She couldn't even put her finger on the emotion. At last her stomach had stopped hurting.
 
“I see,” she said after a moment. “If you are such good friends, do you really think you should abandon her? I don't think that would be right somehow.” She sighed. “And I won't abandon my sister. She's a brat but I love her. I promised my mother I would look out for her until she was old enough.”
 
“You're right,” Yamcha agreed, feeling slightly guilty. He had wanted to be with Hakusai, away from everyone, but now he realized that wouldn't be fair to everyone else. “But couldn't Vegeta take care of Serori? Just for a little while,” he said hastily. “He's her brother, they should get to know each other, shouldn't they? And Pu'ar.... Well, sometimes I leave for weeks while I'm training, and she's used to that. Both for my fighting and for my ball practice. We could go somewhere, at least for a little while, wouldn't that be okay?”
 
“I suppose you know Pu'ar better than I do, but is it fair to push Serori off on Vegeta? He needs time with his mate as well.” She looked thoughtful for moment wondering how they could vanish without offending anyone, then she brightened. “Goku could keep her out of trouble.” She smiled up at Yamcha. “At least for a few days.”
 
“You mean Gohan could keep her out of trouble. Goku wouldn't know how to.” He smiled. “He's a good kid. I don't think you've met him yet. He's Goku's son. He helped us fight against Vegeta, and he went to Namek to help get the dragonballs to bring the rest of us back.” Yamcha slid his hands down her arms. “He's very strong. Goku says Gohan'll be even stronger than Goku someday, if he trains enough. But he doesn't think Gohan is ready to know that yet.”
 
Yamcha's hands slid down to her hips and he looked at her curiously. “Maybe we should get going? I'm staying at Bulma's... at Capsule Corp right now. I'm sure they'll let you stay there tonight if you want?”
 
It was more a question than anything else. It was obvious that he wanted to know what she wanted to do, and he would go with whatever she chose.
 
“I have met Gohan, silly,” she said grinning at him. “And yes he is strong, I am more worried about Serori getting him into trouble. She is a little... mischievous at times.” Then she blinked. Wait a minute. He was staying with Bulma? She thought he and Vegeta did not get along. “Yamcha?” she began then shook her head. “Never mind, it's not important.” She leaned forward to rest her head on his chest and hugged him.
 
It was while they were like this that the Saiyan female was struck with the notion that Yamcha would end up fighting with Vegeta if they went back to Bulma's. She had no idea that her younger brother had been watching out for him while she was gone.
 
“Don't leave me,” she whispered, suddenly feeling on the verge of tears. Her arms tightened around his waist and realized somewhat ruefully that she was having mood swings already. At least they would only be for the first month or so.
 
Yamcha was confused by her tears, but felt a sudden wave of tenderness wash over him. He lifted her chin and kissed her gently. “I could never leave you. I think it would kill me.”
 
He caressed her face with his hand, cupping her cheek in the palm as he stroked the tears away with his thumb. Like the rest of him, his hands had grown large, and he was startled at how small she appeared compared to him now.
 
“Hush,” he whispered to her, then cradling her easily in his arms he stood up. “Let's go back.” He set her on her feet and handed Hakusai her body suit as he began to get dressed. “If we stay out too long, I think Bulma and Vegeta will be angry with me, anyway. I just hope they don't put me in the tank again,” he said apprehensively.
 
“Why have they been doing that? Because of the growth spurts?” she asked as she dressed. When she saw Yamcha's nod, she grinned up at him. “You may not like it, Yamcha-chan, but it is probably doing you some good. Oh by the way, did Bulma find out anything more about your mother?”
 
Yamcha blinked. “Yeah, they found a picture of her. A hologram. Now I know what she looks like.” He gave her a smile that made her think the sun was shining, even though the sun had long since set. “She really cared about me, Hakusai. I miss her. I'm going to go find her someday. Will you help me? I think you'd like her.”
 
Hakusai smiled back at him. “A hologram? Then she explained why she did everything? I am happy for you.” She reached over, hugged him again, and then started giggling. “If you get any taller, Yamcha, I am going to need a chair to give you a kiss.”
 
Yamcha looked embarrassed, feeling awkward about his height, before realizing she didn't mean to ridicule him for it. “That's all right,” he commented. “I can always pick you up. Like this.” He lifted her easily by the elbows, putting her face on a level with his as he kissed her passionately.
 
Hakusai smiled as she pulled away from Yamcha. “If we keep this up we will end up sleeping out here tonight. So put me down, warrior, and we can head back.”
 
Yamcha nodded at her with a smile of his own, and then set her down on her feet. He put an arm around her shoulders, drawing her up against him. It was less a passionate embrace and more a hug of comfort, and he held her for several minutes like that, not really wanting to let go. Finally he released her, and smiled again.
 
“Shall we go, then?” he asked her a little diffidently.
 
Hakusai stretched and yawned. “Why not? It's been a really long day and I need to sleep.”
 
Yamcha took her hand, and the two of them headed for Capsule Corp. They could feel Vegeta's ki rising steadily upstairs. Yamcha looked up in confusion, unaware of what it might mean, but Hakusai was well aware of what it meant and she laughed.
 
“My, my,” Hakusai said grinning. “No wonder why Bulma got pregnant so fast.” She squeezed Yamcha's fingers. “I do not think they would want to be bothered right now. Let's just go to sleep.”
 
Yamcha looked down at her in confusion for several minutes, and then blushed as realization dawned on him. “Ah... yeah. Let's go to bed.” He blushed again, thinking what that meant, but led her to the room he had been told to use. He had never really stayed over at Capsule Corp much before, always leaving after his and Bulma's dates. He knew that if he had stayed over she would have expected him to sleep with her... which he had never done.
 
He looked at Hakusai in confusion. “Bulma has plenty of guest rooms, if you want to stay in one of them....”
 
Hakusai arched a brow at him. “Why wouldn't I sleep with you?” she asked wrapping her arms around his waist to snuggle against him. “You worry too much.”
 
Yamcha sighed in relief. He wasn't sure he could handle being away from Hakusai for the night, not right now. He pulled off his boots and shirt, leaving on the lower half of the spandex bodysuit that Bulma's robots had made him, and slid into the bed. Unhappily he realized that he had become a little too large for the bed, but he curled himself up slightly, and then reached out an arm for Hakusai to join him.
 
Hakusai removed her clothing, smirking at Yamcha as he gazed at her nudity. She stretched, making sure he got an eyeful, and headed toward the bed. She chuckled when she realized he still had his pants on. “What do you need those for?” she asked sliding in next to him. She ran a finger along the edge of them, barely touching the skin of his belly with her fingertip.
 
He swallowed, his groin tightening again at her touch. “Hakusai,” he choked out, “if you keep that up, we're not going to sleep for a while....”
 
“Is that a promise?” She asked smirking up at him. She slipped her hand inside the waistband of Yamcha's pants, her fingers teasing the skin she came into contact with. “You realize that I always sleep in the nude. It's a Saiyan thing.” Hakusai was well aware of what she was doing to her warrior; she could see the desire in his eyes again. She knew she should let him sleep, but she wanted him to touch her again.
 
“Hakusai...” he said in a strangled voice, “I don't want to hurt you....” He rolled over onto his back, with her on top of him. He let his hands play down her body and settle on her buttocks as he kneaded them lightly.
 
“Yamcha, you are such a sweetie,” she said rubbing her pelvis against his and smiled with he groaned. “I have been thrown through mountains. I don't think you could hurt me physically. Emotionally on the other hand....” She trailed off not wanting to think about it. She could see him about to question her but before he could ask she kissed him, effectively cutting off anything he might have said.
 
She moved her mouth over his jaw, and paused to nibble at his ear for a bit before licking her way down to his shoulder. Her hands were busy as she smoothed them over his chest, enjoying the feel of his skin under her hands as she traced patterns around his nipples with her fingertips. Yamcha's sudden intake of breath made her smile against his neck and without thinking she bit him, hard enough to draw blood. She then licked the wound, realizing that Yamcha would not know that she had just marked him for her own. It was not a common practice among Saiyans, but some women did it to mark their mates.
 
Yamcha's hands on her body, however, distracted her from thought, as he reached forward to grasp her breasts. She gasped from the contact and leaned towards him, allowing him to play with her nipples before she pulled away from his grasp, and scooted down to tug his pants off of him. “I get to play now warrior. You have to stay still,” she commanded as she slid her body along his and she moved up to tease his nipples with her tongue, grazing his sensitive flesh with her teeth.
 
Yamcha drew in a breath and then moaned, closing his eyes. “Hakusai....” he murmured, as he grasped her hips.
 
“Hush!” she replied. “No moving!” She lowered his hands to his sides, and continued to play with him.
 
She continued to play with his nipples for a while longer before she moved his way down his chest and paused at his stomach. She traced the outline of his muscles with her tongue, licking the sweat that she found and moved lower. She kissed her way down his thighs, all the way to his toes, her hands playing with the inside of his thighs as she moved back up to his waist again.
 
Hakusai flashed Yamcha a wicked smiled before grasping his arousal gently in her hand and lowered her head to take him in her mouth. She felt Yamcha gasp as her lips encircled his manhood, and Yamcha's fingers entwined into her hair. He gasped again as she drew patterns with her tongue of the head of his arousal and her lips moved farther down his shaft, further tormenting him as she moved on him rhythmically.
 
Just as she felt him begin to reach his peak she pulled away from him, grinning when he groaned in frustration, and straddled his hips, sliding down his length. Yamcha reached up to grasp her hips, and this time she did not bat his hands away. She began to move on him, slowly at first, trying to draw their pleasure out as long as possible. But Yamcha did not seem to want to let her take her time and she suddenly found herself underneath him as he began to thrust almost frantically into her. Hakusai was in no mood to complain as her orgasm made her cry out. Her fingernails cut into Yamcha's back as she climaxed and soon Yamcha's own cries mingled in with hers as he collapsed on top of her, exhausted.
 
Yamcha rolled onto his back with her on top if him for fear of crushing her. At one time he knew she would have been able to handle it easily; with his new size, he wasn't certain about that any longer. He stroked her back, noticing little things about her, things he hadn't been able to sense before; the slickness of her sweat, the satiny smoothness of her skin, and even her scent, which told him she desired him. He could smell his own scent on her, and hers on him, scents that were more noticeable than they had ever been when he had been `human'.
 
He sighed, and snuggled her more tightly against him, wanting to hold her against him forever. ::Ai shiteru, Hakusai,:: he thought, and then was startled at the thought. He loved her? He realized suddenly that he did, that he loved her more than he had ever loved Bulma, no matter what he had believed at the time. He hoped with sudden panic that she wouldn't ever use that against him, but he had the sinking feeling that she might. He didn't know her very well, and for all he knew she would laugh at those emotions. Saiyans weren't supposed to feel emotions, after all. She would laugh at him for having weak human emotions. He closed his eyes, holding her tightly, afraid to say anything to her and have her ridicule him.
 
Hakusai sighed as she snuggled with Yamcha. This was the kind of thing she had been thinking about for days. It was as she was cuddling with him that she noticed Yamcha seemed tense. “Yamcha? Are you all right? I didn't offend you, did I?” She was a little concerned that her aggressiveness may have annoyed him. Some males did not like to give up control, but she didn't think this was the case with Yamcha.
 
“Offend me?” Yamcha blinked in confusion at the question. “No, why would you think that? How would you have offended me?” He sighed, closing his eyes again, wondering if he should tell her. ::Do you want her to think you're weak? Do you want her to laugh at you?:: No, he didn't want that. She had the power to hurt him more than anyone else ever had, except possibly for Bulma.
 
“Well, some males get insulted for doing what I did,” she explained, resting her head against his chest. “And something is upsetting you; I can feel it.”
 
Yamcha hesitated. “No, nothing's upsetting me. I just... missed you, that's all.” He sighed, and stroked her back. “I'm glad you're here now,” he said softly. She could hear the sincerity in his voice.
 
“Oh,” she said not sure if she should believe him or not. But why would he lie? She looked up at him and smiled. “If that's all that's bothering you, then that's okay. You are allowed to miss me. But if it is something else....” She trailed off not pushing the issue, but she wanted him to know that if he wanted to tell her something then he was more than welcome to.
 
“That's all.” He offered her a shy smile, somehow incongruous with his sheer size. He kissed her forehead gently. “I really did miss you,” he said softly. “More than you can imagine. More than anyone knew. I couldn't even tell them....”
 
“Good. I missed you too,” she said smugly as she put her head back down on his chest. “Yamcha, how do you feel about children?” she asked suddenly. She could have kicked herself for the question but now that she said it she wondered if her mate even wanted children.
 
Yamcha blinked, the question coming out of left field as it had. “I dunno. Children are okay, I guess. I like Gohan all right, but he's not exactly like other kids. He's just... Gohan.” His brow furrowed. “Why do you ask? Are you afraid I won't get along with Serori? I'll try to treat her well, really I will! I'll try to be like a father to her if you want me to be, and if she lets me....”
 
She shook her head. “Don't mind me. I guess I am more tired than I thought. I start thinking weird when I am exhausted. I know you will get along with her fine.” She scooted up to kiss the end of his nose. “How about we get some sleep?
 
Yamcha smiled down at her, and kissed her on the forehead again. “I think we need some. Hakusai....” He trailed off, still desperately needing to tell her how he felt, and still afraid to. He smiled uncertainly at her, when she looked at him curiously. “I missed you,” he whispered at her, afraid to say anything else. “Sleep well, Hakusai.” He hugged her tightly, holding her against him.
 
“You too,” she said as she wrapped her arms around his waist and closed her eyes and before she knew it fell asleep tucked against Yamcha.
 
To be continued.....
 
~~~~~*~~~~~
 
And in the next exciting episode of DragonBall Z: A Light in the Darkness... Vegeta and Bulma meet his little sister.