Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Heir of the Orochi ❯ Kof History & Author's Notes. ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

AN: To those who don't know the story/history of Kof from the beginning till '97 then here is the story. I'm sorry for my inconsideration. This however is not written by me so I do NOT take credit for this piece of history. It is taken from this particular website

http://mysite.freeserve.com/kgdlmain/kgmainver3.htm there for all the credit should go tthere.

Kof History...

Southtown. A city over flown with industrial activity, and most of all, well known for it's passionate nightlife, and the interesting fights that take place in the innards of the small city. Because, basically, that is the life stream that feeds the veins of Southtown: Fighting has stopped being a hobby to become a way of life, a way to survive in a town gone mad. Even if you chose another path, ultimately, your life will sooner or later head you to the battle arena. This reflects, in summary, the violent nature of the citizens of Southtown. However, this has been more evident ever since the arrival of a mysterious man named Geese Howard. Geese Howard soon established himself as the most powerful man in Southtown, thanks to his illegal operations in gun and drug dealing. His personal wealth became far beyond anybody could ever imagine, even surpassing that of the mayor of Southtown. Even though he was not the mayor of the city, Geese began to insert the flow of corruption and fear in the hearts of Southtown's policy. It has reached such high levels, that the police barely does something about it. Not only have they been paid well to keep their mouth shut, they also fear for their very lives. People in Southtown were no different. Geese's illegal operations couldn't be stopped in any way. And even if they tried, they would soon be violently rejected by Geese's forces. But Geese was not a man who needed personal protection all day. Geese himself is a master in the Hakkyokuseiken school of martial arts, and his strength is so terrible that no one had survived while facing him. Wielding an incredible power at his hands. Geese ruled Southtown with an iron fist, indeed. However, to keep himself entertained and to eliminate any possible opposition, Geese created the "King of Fighters" tournament. The competition involved having a group of fighters fight among themselves the prove who is truly the most powerful, and the one with the right to challenge Geese in the championship match. However, nobody has ever reached him, since Geese placed as his number one contendant his own personal bodyguard: pole master, Billy Kane, from England. His ability with the stick was so admirable, he made short work out of anyone who challenged him. That was why Geese almost never fought anybody. Until one faithful day... On the outbreak of yet another tournament, new contenders came in. It seemed practically normal, except for one thing: a certain pair of brothers who came in to make things harder for Geese and his men. And it was quite obvious, considering that their father, another great Hakkyokuseiken master named Jeff Bogard, was killed by Geese since Jeff was always a better student and stronger fighter than Geese. That's why Geese eliminated him as any possible threat to his grip on the city.... However, Jeff's two sons, Terry Bogard and Andy Bogard, along with their friend, Japanese kick boxer Joe Higashi, had come to exact revenge from Geese, and this time, Geese's championship was put in serious jeopardy, even more notable by their incredible easiness in winning their battles, and even in smashing Billy Kane. Geese saw in this the perfect opportunity to squish the worms. However, he was surprised by the incredible strength of the elder brother, Terry Bogard. He used all the techniques his father had used, but he had a certain something that separated him from Jeff: the fact that he actually enjoyed fighting and in defeating stronger opponents. Geese wasn't expecting so much enthusiasm out of a man, and he was even more surprised by the fact that he also knew a few more tricks. In his agony of defeat, Geese was knocked out of the window on the top of his tower where he and Terry were fighting. Geese was presumed dead afterwards. A year later after Geese's defeat, the world was shuddered when a man by the name of Wolfgang Krauser took the role of the tournament and increased it from a local stage to a worldwide stage. Krauser was a German nobles man, but his fighting skills, extracted from the Strolheim bloodline, were devastating and ruthless. His strength was many times more bigger than Geese's, and his skills were twice as deadly. Krauser began a intensive search of the man who defeated Geese Howard, but not precisely to take revenge, but to challenge him, as Krauser enjoyed having a little fun with men inferior to him. So, as the tournament was taking place in several parts of the world, Krauser himself began his own streak in smashing renown fighters around the world, making more and more evident his power to the world. Once again, the Lonely Wolves (as the trio formed by Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, and Joe Higashi was later known as) took on the challenge of Krauser, but they were no longer alone in their battle. Five other warriors from around the globe gathered to compete for the right to face Krauser in the last, fateful battle. Once again, Terry managed to reach the finals, passing through such tough opponents like the ex-heavyweight boxing champion Axel Hawk, and Krauser's right-hand man, the Spanish bullfighter Lawrence Blood. Once again, a fatal battle was about to begin. Terry and Krauser engaged in a legendary battle, indeed. Both had finesse, skills, and the enjoyment of battle in their souls. It was the clash of two immense powers. However, Terry had learned a lot from his previous battles, and gained enough experience, thus which Krauser did not gain in his previous encounters with other fighters. So while Krauser was only goofing around, Terry actually learned something from his previous opponents. Taking a new air, Terry used his ultimate techniques, and managed to defeat Krauser. Thus, the second King of Fighters tournament ended, and as last year, it was unknown who would take the tournament in his/her own hands. Until... 1994.

1994

The modern age is now in it's total fulfilment. The world has suffered various changes, and technology has advanced as well. However, in the fighting world, a more dramatic outbreak was to take place... This year, the man known as Rugal Bernstein began to make waves in the world. His reputation as a black market leader and expert in weapon and drug trafficking were unsurpassed, and known by many as one of the more wealthy men in the world. Aboard the Blacknoah, his private air carrier, from where he receives and delivers his stocks, Rugal cruised the seas of the world, without being able to be stopped by the world governments. And not only was Rugal feared and respected in the crime world. He was also known to be quite a formidable fighter, and it is known that anybody who has faced him aboard the Blacknoah, has not escaped alive. Rugal, bored by the lack of competition, had an ominous idea. He ordered one of his personal secretaries, Mature, to go around the world, and give eight invitations to certain people around the world. These invitations were enclosed in white envelopes, with red seals marked the "Rugal" sign. He was to retake the old King of Fighters tournament, and take it in his own hands. However, he was going to create some new rules this year. Instead of one-on-one fights, the new competition system was to include battles between teams of three people. Fights will take place between these teams, in a tag-team fashion. If one of the members were to be defeated by one of the other team's members, the next member will come in to fight the winner, and will go on until all three members of one team would be defeated. However, before the tournament was to be commenced, a man stood before Rugal...ready to fight him to the end and finish his stupid ambition. Of course, Rugal was not the one to be intimidated... Days later, the new King of Fighters tournament began. Eight teams had entered, representing eight different countries. Japan, with the newest breed of Asian heroes.Italy, having no other than the legendary Lonely Wolves. Mexico, showing the power of Kyokugenryo Karate. Brazil, represented by Ikari mercenaries. China, combining both old and new generations. Korea, sporting some weird combination of justice and crime. England, the only all-female team. USA, and the three most important country sports. Thus, the battles began. Emotive encounters took place, and the passion and fury of battle once again raged on, with more emotion than ever before. So many different fighters, so many different styles. It was a delight to see so many fighting skills facing one another, in a battle not presenting hatred, just the satisfaction and honour of winning. The battles were long and winded, and the winners were only defined by short instances. At the end, it was not the Lonely Wolves, but the Japan Team which came out the winner. This team had two young fighters and one experienced warrior. One of the young ones was Kyo Kusanagi, latest descendant of the Kusanagi clan, renown for their crimson flames. The other was Benimaru Nikaido, a brash and arrogant fighter, expert in shooting karate (a variation of Muetai kickboxing), and also having the power of lightning. The experienced one was Goro Daimon, the large Judo champion, who's impressive strength made the earth itself tremble. All three were defined by a national martial arts championship which took place in Japan: Kyo came out on top, beating Benimaru in the finals; Daimon was third, after being beaten by Kyo in the semi-finals. Mature, Rugal's personal secretary, invited the Japan Team atop a helicopter, which was to transfer them to the Blacknoah: their final battle was about to begin. Rugal saluted the team as they came in the Blacknoah, aside his pet panther and a glass of wine. He laughed and honestly thought they wouldn't come this far. Shocked at this statement, the three fighters were paralysed at the sight around them: groups and groups of statues of fighters extended everywhere. With another evil laughter, Rugal admits that all those fighters were alive once, and that he had defeated them all, and bathed their bodies in steel so that they would be immortalized. And the Japan Team was the next in the eerie collection... Rugal fought the three fighters. Benimaru and Daimon fought well, but they only managed to make Rugal a lot more angrier, obligating him to use his best techniques. He confesses that he never had to reach to such instances, but the circumstances so applied for it. Using his full power, Rugal even took the best techniques of Geese and Krauser, past hosts of the tournament! After defeating Benimaru and Daimon, Kyo was the last one standing. Although Kyo fought with all his might, Rugal turned out to be a ruthless fighter, and began to make Kyo feel the heat of the battle. Almost on his knees, Kyo, with sore eyes, saw a body lying in a corner of the room. With disbelief, he saw that it was no other than his own father, Saisyu Kusanagi. He had turned out to face Rugal prior to the tournament, but had been defeated...perhaps even killed. Kyo couldn't take it anymore. He bursted in rage, and in sheer fury, attacked Rugal like a crimson tornado. Unable to avoid the rage of the Kusanagi, Rugal fell in defeat. With his voice paused by the pain, Rugal silently condemns the Japan Team to a swift death...crazy of revenge, and a poor loser, Rugal took a strange device, and pressed the button. The Blacknoah was going to self-distruct! Kyo, Benimaru, and Daimon barely made it out alive, as the Blacknoah, engulfed in flames, sank to the bottom of the ocean. Thus, the King of Fighters tournament ended yet again, and as the same as the past two years, nobody was seen to be able to take hand of the tournament.

1995

It's 1995. All the fighters of the past tournament remember the competition with fond memories, but now know that now that Rugal is dead, the tournament would die with him. That was, until seven of the eight teams began to receive invitations once again... This time, the envelopes were signed by some "R" fellow. Who was he, and what was that he wanted? Nobody knew, and many didn't even care, as the fighting will take place yet again...in 1995! All the teams gathered again, except one...the USA team was nowhere to be seen. This year, the teams were no longer affiliated to no country, but it was strange not to see or hear from them. However, one team did show up in their place...and, for some of the fighters, it wasn't a very grateful team at all. The team was formed by: Billy Kane, ex-champion of the tournament, and with a grunge against the Lonely Wolves. Eiji Kisaragi, a ruthless ninja with unfinished business with the Sakazaki family. And, the captain of the team, a lonely, but yet, incredibly strong fighter, whom used similar techniques to Kyo, but with the difference that he wielded purple flames! The mysterious young man was known no other as Iori Yagami, a descendant of the Yagami family, eternal rivals of the Kusanagi family. Now, the tournament would be filled of personal interests, giving way to more passionate fights than last year!

With this frame of hatred, emotion, and excitement, the battle began once again. Warriors once again took one another, now with one year of experience, and some new techniques, making the battles more intriguing and exciting. This time, the results of the battle were decided in some times in the last fighter of each team, and the winner was nowhere to be defined. Not even the current champion, the Japan/Hero Team had an easy path. Revitalized warriors, combined with the new blood, made this tournament much more emotive and skilful than the last one. As the Hero Team was about to enter one of the last battles, they concentrated in the locker room. However, all of a sudden, a green smoke began to surround them. The trio noticed that they were losing their senses, and suddenly, all became black. Sleeping gas... Kyo woke up in a dark place. He could barely see his fainted companions next to him. He was received with a certain familiar laugh. It was no other than Rugal! Kyo, Benimaru, and Daimon were sceptical, but it was indeed him! He had something new about him...besides his cybernetic arm, he had a lot more power than before! How could this be? It seems that Rugal is also in terrible need of revenge! Rugal beckoned for the Hero Team, but he had a new partner up his sleeve...His other secretary, Vice, let way to a familiar man. Benimaru and Daimon were surprised, but Kyo was speechless...It was Saisyu Kusanagi, his own father! Kyo was filled with joy and happiness, but was stopped cold when his father challenged him to a fight. His eyes indicated that he was not himself. Rugal had brainwashed him, and ordered him to kill his own son! Kyo was so confused in fighting his own father...but Benimaru and Daimon fought the battle for him. Saisyu was a formidable opponent, being the father and master of Kyo, but he couldn't fight at his whole potential, due to his resistance to the brainwash. He was finally defeated, but both Benimaru and Daimon were exhausted and couldn't fight anymore. Saisyu regained his senses, and summoned Kyo. He bid his son to defeat Rugal, and avenge him. Then, Saisyu loses consciousness. Kyo slowly gets up, and faces Rugal once again. However, facing Kyo's rage, was Rugal's hatred! He suddenly began to emit a previously undetected aura, and his power began to rise to unexpected heights! His appearance took a different form, now with a demon look! It was the fury of Omega Rugal! The last battle began in the missile platform of Rugal's hidden underground base. Even though Kyo fought with the same enthusiasm as last year, the new power acquired by Rugal was far too much for Kyo to handle. His power and speed had now been doubled, and along with his feelings of hatred and revenge, things began to become bleak for Kyo. However, at the same time, he was aided by his friends, Terry, Ryo, Athena, between others. They all gave him strength to go on. Kyo got up once and once again. However, the tide had began to turn in Kyo's favour. And to boot, Rugal was beginning to lose control of his own body. Kyo forced Rugal to go all out, but that was his own downfall: the power in his body began to go out of control, and his body began to twitch and begin exploding. During his suffering, a deep voice could be heard in a far place: "You fool! Only those of the bloodline can control such power! You didn't have a chance!" Rugal vowed vengeance, and a pillar of light consumed Rugal, blinding Kyo. When he turned around, both Rugal and Iori had vanished. Taking Benimaru and Daimon with him, Kyo escapes from the base. Now, even though Rugal was gone for sure, nobody could tell if the tournament was dead or not. And nobody could tell what horror lied behind the power Rugal had...

1996

As a year flew by from the excitement...

A year passed since the last tournament ended. It is the year of 1996, and once again, most of the past tournament's teams were invited to the ultimate fighting tournament. This time, the host was to be unknown, but it was certainly not Rugal; not just by the fact that the host was known to be a famous business woman, but also, the tournament broke it's own solemn seal of silence, and turned into a commercial, worldwide known event. The fights would be broadcasted by international T.V., and many sponsors would be watching the tournament. Soon, the King of Fighters tournament got as much attention as the Olympics or the soccer World Cup.

As mentioned before, the same teams of last year were invited, but most of them presented some interesting changes. Some of the more veteran fighters, such as Heidern and Takuma, retired from the battle scene, leaving their places to those of the younger generation. Takuma sent his daughter, Yuri, in his place in the Kyokugenryo Team, and the Gorgeous Team welcomed Kasumi Todoh as their new team-mate. Heidern gave his place to his student, Leona, a young woman with mysterious powers. Iori, after severely beating up his old partners, had made an eerie union with both of Rugal's secretaries: Mature and Vice. But the one team that got the most attention, was the most evil team: the one leaded by Geese Howard and Wolfgang Krauser.

Both of them showed by themselves that they were pretty much alive, and ready to claim rights for the tournament. Alongside them, was one of Geese's lackeys, Mr. Big, who had a very bad grudge against the Kyokugenryo school. It seems that this year would be filled of passion and honour as well!

Before the main event began, Kyo, the fateful warrior that defeated Rugal twice in the past, was challenged by a mysterious man. Attending the invitation alone, Kyo faced this ominous man, whom offered Kyo a fight. However, even before the battle began, Kyo sensed a terrible power behind that man. The same power that Rugal possessed, and the one that destroyed him at the end. Kyo was even more anguished by the fact that the man was outrageously strong, making short work of Kyo in an instance. Kyo winded up in the hospital, forced to improve his techniques, and to fight him once more.

As fights took place, everything seemed to go perfectly on the outside: the battles went on with a more dramatic sense to it, the fighters putting their own life on the line in order to win, thus, creating much more intense fights to decide the winner. Personal vendettas, such as the Kyo-Iori, and the Terry-Geese rivalries, took central stage in the tournament. However, an evil presence surrounded the tournament. The shadow of Rugal wasn't quite gone from the tourney, and something even worse was presented to come. Iori and the new Ikari member, Leona, began to show powers far beyond those of the fighters' comprehension, and the entrance of Geese was also quite disturbing. What was all this ominous feeling about? As the life-and-death battles raged on, the sense of evil power remained more and more resident in the mind of the fighters. As the finals drew nearer, the host finally revealed herself: it was no other than Chizuru Kagura, latest descendant of the Clan of the Yata, the group in charge of taking care of the seal that was imposed over an evil power.

Chizuru revealed to the competitors that the seal upon this dangerous power was broken ten years ago, and that now, it has began to run amok, now more than ever. She now needs the help of the strongest team in order to aid her in her quest to seal off the power once again. She called for the Hero Team, past champion of the two tournaments, and they responded. The Hero Team was invited to a very big stadium, property of the Kagura family. The many people united there was pretty impressive. Chizuru appeared in front of the Hero Team, and asked them, if they were worthy, then they should have a battle with her. However, Chizuru gave more attention to Kyo than any of the other two team- mates.

The Hero Team won the emotive battle against Chizuru, but she stood up to tell Kyo and his two friends that the power that ultimately vanquished Rugal was, indeed, the power of the Orochi. Benimaru and Daimon did not understand, but it did seem to ring a bell in Kyo's head. He had heard from his father that the Kusanagi was destined to battle the Orochi once again, as they did 1800 years ago in order to seal the power. However, in the present day, the Orochi power was released by a messenger of Orochi, and that Rugal, in a haste to control that power, winded up being defeated and his right eye taken, but that he received the Orochi power anyway, the messenger knowing that it would kill him sooner or later. As they talked, a strong wind began to blow in the stadium, and suddenly, a huge gush of wind blew everyone away!

As the Hero Team got up, the festive and happy background had been morphed into that of death and destruction. The stadium was a bit less than destroyed, and a very big power began to surface. Chizuru was barely standing, badly wounded by the past gust. With her last breath, she tells Kyo to join Iori in order to seal the Orochi power. Kyo couldn't believe that he had to ally with his age-old enemy in order to seal the Orochi power. However, a strange voice emerged from the middle of the wind. Benimaru and Daimon did not know who that voice was, but Kyo knew for sure, since it was no other than the man who defeated him prior to the tournament. The surface materialized.

The man introduced himself as Goenitz, and that he was the one would liberate the Orochi power completely. Kyo stood in front of him, daring Goenitz that he would be the one to stop him. Goenitz chuckled and warned Kyo the same result as the first battle. Kyo grinned and tells Goenitz he is not the same man he defeated earlier. Kyo tells Benimaru and Daimon to stand back, as they would only get killed by Goenitz subsequently. Soon enough, Kyo and Goenitz began the fight that would decide the fate of all mankind.

Kyo fought with every ounce of strength in his body, making a lot more effort than the battle he lost. However, it was not enough to match the humongous power of Goenitz, whom, unlike Rugal, did know how to control his power, and using it in a devastating way. However, even Goenitz had trouble subduing the brave Kusanagi, and was glad that he had improved. The huge bursts of power made the wrecked stadium tremble, and both auras were expanded to unimaginable heights. However, one blow sent Kyo flying away, and Goenitz was ready to dispose of him once and for all, until he was caught off guard by a mysterious man. Kyo recovered and saw that it was no other than Iori! He was surprised that he would help him, but Goenitz looked even more pleased. He laughed and tells Kyo that he is finished, since Iori himself possesses the power of Orochi. Not only Iori, but also the young Ikari woman, Leona, was of Orochi blood as well. Kyo was shocked. Was that the reason why Iori was able to launch purple flames? Iori just stood there, motionless. Iori than laughed maniacally.

He tells Goenitz that only he can kill Kyo, and that's that. Goenitz grumbled, and dared both enemies to take him on. So, two eternal foes forgot their rivalry for a while, and fought side by side against a common enemy. This time, Goenitz paid his overconfidence dearly. Facing both a Kusanagi and a Yagami was a huge mistake, and he even noticed that Iori was beginning to launch crimson flames himself! With a weakened Goenitz, Kyo and Iori winded up for the final blow. A huge crimson blast from both warriors was more than enough to take Goenitz away. Goenitz gasped. He kneeled down, and was living his final moments. Suddenly, Chizuru surged behind him. Kagura tells him that both the Kusanagi and the Yagami were both allies before the war, and both had aided in sealing the Orochi power 1800 years ago. Chizuru also demands payback, since Goenitz killed her sister in order to unleash the Orochi power. Goenitz grins, and tells Chizuru that the battle is far from over. With a gust of wind, Goenitz vanished in thin air.

The wind receded. Chizuru tells both Kyo and Iori that they should become allies once again, in order to face the imminent danger that would unfold in front of them. Iori grumbles, and says he has his own intentions. And has he walks away, Iori finally stops and begins to clutch his chest. He then launches a blood-curling scream, and spits out blood. Chizuru is surprised, and says Iori is now passing through the Riot of Blood, process in which the Orochi blood inside him begins to awaken. Iori begins to terribly freak out, becoming more monster than human. His team-mates, Mature and Vice, try to stop him, but they pay for their interference by being ripped away by the insane Iori. Kyo now stands alone, with the danger of Orochi still fresh in his mind and soul.

1997

Now, the fourth phase is about to begin... One year flew by. Although the last tournament had a tragic ending, the sponsors were satisfied by the success of the tournament in gathering millions of spectators worldwide. Thus, many of the more richer men in the world began to sponsor what would be the fourth tournament, to be taken place in 1997. This time, though, there would be preliminary rounds before the definitive matches. This time, the excitement would build up even before the actual tournament, and more people would see the battles worldwide. This time, most of the teams which have always participated in the last tournaments won the right to compete yet again. Chizuru, the past host of the tournament, teamed up with Mai and King, whom had lost Kasumi. Iori and Kyo's student, Shingo Yabuki, entered as single entries. Two new teams were introduced, however. One of them was a team sent out by Geese Howard, whom had quitted to the tournament, as well as Krauser and Mr. Big. In it was Billy Kane, Geese's bodyguard, with direct orders to watch over Iori, and investigate about the Orochi power, despite Billy's hatred towards Iori. Alongside him was Ryuji Yamazaki, a madman who would kill his own mother for a dime. Yamazaki was promised double the tournament's prize money if he could win. The third member was Blue Mary, an agent who was working undercover to investigate Yamazaki, and even Billy. The other team was unexpected; a last minute entry, to be precise. The three fellows were known to be members of a music band, but they suddenly emerged as the new team of the King of Fighters tournament. The team was formed by Yashiro Nanakase, Shermie, and a little kid named Chris. The three seemed to be innocent, but lethal fighters... Thus, began the tournament once again. This time, the final matches would take place in six different countries around the globe, always receiving a huge propaganda, mostly on T.V.. The matches were more intense than ever, but the danger of the Orochi was covering the competition with it's eerie shadow. What would happen with Iori and Leona? What does the New Face Team really want? Nobody dared to ask those questions, as perhaps, the answers would be catastrophic. The fights were still held on, and the people were satisfied by the huge amount of competition, mostly since all of the fighters came back with more and better techniques than ever before. It was unexpected to see who would win, and the fighters gave all they got in order to keep the heat on. That is, until the last days of the tournament... During the final days, Iori and Leona were reported missing. A frantic search began for the two Orochi blood members. Also, the New Face Team began to act a lot more stranger these past days. As if they knew something... Finally, Iori and Leona were encountered. However, they were no longer the same: the Riot of Blood had gained total control of their minds, and since they were not able to control the power, they became just bloodthirsty monsters, seeking out to kill as many people as they could. Kyo and the rest of his friends had a hard time trying to stop the enraged Iori and Leona. Ralf and Clark, Leona's partners, promised they would stop Leona's rampage, and told Kyo to do the same with Iori. Thus, the heroic fighters began to fight again. But, if they went berserk, was that because it was a sign of Orochi being near? They tried to spare the thought, but as they met and fought the freaked out Iori and Leona, it became more and more evident... Kyo and his friends managed to stop the crazed Iori in his tracks, and Ralf and Clark finished their mission as well, successful in stopping Leona. However, this was no more than the beginning... Three figures stood besides them. The figures were more than familiar. It was the New Face Team! However, they had certainly changed. Their clothes had a different colour, but most of all, their aura was filled with the evil stench of Orochi. That could only mean that the New Face Team were of Orochi blood as well! However, they seemed to be perfectly normal. Yashiro took a step forward, and smickered. He beckons that they are three of the Four Heavenly Kings of Orochi, the fourth being Goenitz. Yashiro also tells the surprised competitors that they are out to finish Goenitz' mission. It seems that although defeated, Goenitz was successful in gathering enough fighting energy from the fighters, and this time, even more fighting aura was gathered, and the Orochi was close to being resurrected! Even so, it was revealed that even the crazy Yamazaki was an Orochi blood member! Kyo and his friends vowed to the Orochi New Face Team, that they would stop them before they realize their ambition. Yashiro grins, and clenches his fist, calling out arrogantly: "You do not have to pray...even if you win, a living hell will be waiting for you all!"

Kyo and his justice friends, Benimaru, Terry, Ryo, Daimon, Athena, Kim...all did their best in fighting against the immensely powerful Orochi New Face Team. Their powers were superb, surpassing far more those of Goenitz. Their powers, however, simulated those of the Hero Team. It seems that they copied their techniques since they were so useful in the past! However, evil can not triumph. With a great deal of sacrifice, an all-out battle took place, the age- old war between good and evil took place once again. Every fighter did their best effort to stop the three Heavenly Kings, even though most of them were terribly underpowered. But the human spirit, the need to defend their world prevailed. The good will always triumph against evil. Thus, the Orochi New Face Team, after a long and difficult battle, was finally defeated. Few fighters were left standing, but all glad they were able to protect their world... However, the worst part of the battle had not yet come. Yashiro and Shermie both laughed, and congratulated the fighters. Kyo demanded their real purpose, and it seemed that they only fought as long as to gather the remaining energy for the Orochi to awaken! Suddenly, Chris, the innocent kid, began to float among the other two Orochi kings. And, all of a sudden, Yashiro and Shermie killed themselves right in front of Chris' eyes! The fighters were dumbfounded. Chris had began to gather a VERY strong amount of energy. Chris opened his eyes. He began to talk in an omnipotent voice. He claimed that all humankind would die at his hands, and that this time, he would finish what began 1800 years ago. Chris then morphed, from becoming an innocent kid, to a young man, with such a godlike feeling to him. His hair was white, his chest tattooed, and his eyes gleaming with the scent of death. This time, the moment had arrived, the time to fight Orochi! It didn't take long for Orochi to prove his true power. With no effort at all, he blew the rest of the fighters away. This was the true power of the Orochi! Even Kyo fell to the ground, defeated. He began to lose his consciousness, and everything turned black around him. Suddenly, amidst the darkness, Kyo could hear voices...faint voices, similar to those of spirits. The ghosts told Kyo that they were the spirit of the Yagami, dead ancestors of Iori. The Yagami pledged Kyo to end the curse that has been imposed on the Yagami ever since their blood pact with the Orochi 660 years ago. It seems that the Orochi power was the cause of the Yagami's short lifespan! Kyo then heard the voices of his friends, and his girlfriend, Yuki. Yuki was one of the eight Kushinada girls, destined to be sacrificed in order to awaken Orochi. Yuki says that since she was the only Kushinada to not be sacrificed, she would aid him. Kyo slowly got up. He found Iori standing right next to him. He had seems to be able to get back to normal, and smiled at Kyo. "It seems that we will die together, eh Kusanagi? How ironic that you will not die by my hand...". Kyo just grinned, and tells Iori that they have a last job to do. Chizuru calls both from behind, and tells them they she will take care of the seal once they have defeated Orochi. Kyo and Iori go into battle...a mortal battle, a battle were no one could live. Somebody was going to die that day, and the one who would live, would take the world. Kyo and Iori fought with the last amounts of power left in their tired bodies, but managed to turn Orochi back. They fought with no regrets, no preoccupations. They would die anyway, so it was better to make the most of it! Even Chizuru collaborated a bit to fight Orochi, and the battle of 1800 years ago repeated itself...Kusanagi and Yagami fighting together, Kagura taking care of the seal. At the end of the battle, Orochi grew tired, and used all his power to input the Riot of Blood on Iori once again. Iori began to go insane again, but Kyo pledged for him to regain senses. But it was too late...Iori had gone berserk again. Orochi commanded Iori to attack both Kyo and Chizuru, and kill them both. However, it was Orochi who was attacked by the powered Iori! Iori grabs Orochi by the neck, and Chizuru bids Kyo to hurry up and finish him. Kyo denies, and exclaims he would kill Iori as well. Chizuru says he has no time, since Iori will hold no longer, since Orochi was using the remaining of his power to take Iori out of the way. Kyo then gathers all the strength given to him by Yuki and his friends, and gives a full, crimson blow to Orochi... The sky's dark clouds clear. The sun shines again. The world is safe once more. Everybody still remember the heroic deeds of the tournament fighters. Orochi sleeps once again, but still, it is yet to be defined who will be the next... King of Fighters.

AN: The voting is still on so do send in more votes. To the rest of those who gave me the review, thanks a lot. Some says I miss a lot of story or a bit irralevent but those mistakes are done on purpose. To those reviews, the thing about Ranma getting too much power or not going into the Riot of Blood as well as literally becoming a Dark God plus the other things such as the battle at Jusendo will be presented to you all as the story continues. So do stay on and wait for chapter 1. Oh ya! The part about Ranma going off to see his/her mother ended with Ranma in girl-type cause no one knows about him having control over his curse there for he must still act as if it is still active for no one knows about the unholy pact yet. For those who asked why is s/he going to Juuban without heading to the dojo first is because s/he is going to meet/visit his/her mom and not staying with her. I think I just put too much AN already so to know the answers, it will be revealed in time.

Ja Ne!

Rei II…