Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Spirit, Ronin and Demon ❯ Dreams ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
AND:I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho, Ronin Warriors, Sailor Moon, or Digimon. I also don't own the song This Is Where I Belong.
Key:
"Talking"
/Thinking/
|Song lyrics|

~Hiei's dream~

The earth shifted beneath the young boy's feet. His dark red eyes scanned the gardens before him. His black hair was in its' usual style, straight up. He began to walk through the gardens, admiring each plant as he passed it, when he finally came to the waterfall in the center of the garden. He smiled and stuck his hand into the cooling water, knowing that only his family and their warriors could do so without being killed. A noise in the bushes caused him to turn. He saw a warrior with his sword bared coming at him. The sword pierced his stomach

~End Dream~

Hiei sat straight up in a flash and almost fell out of his tree.

/What the hell?/ he thought. /I need to go see someone about that nightmare. I've been having it for three weeks./ He started to get up to go see Kurama but thought against it. /He'll say it's nothing./ A soft noise came through the trees at that moment, the sound of a flute could clearly be heard. Hiei decided to follow it and see where it led to.

~Earlier that night in Keiko's dream Keiko's POV~

I could smell the flowers. I did recognize half of them before it sunk in. I was back home. I heard the sound of the waterfall nearby and I ran to it and stopped seeing the seen before me. I let out a scream as my prince fell to the ground dead from a sword wound in the gut. I ran to his body and attacked his murderer. The other guards came soon after I had knocked the man unconscious but it was to late. I had failed.

~End Keiko's dream~

It was that dream again. I shivered in my bed. I knew I would be getting any sleep soon, so I grabbed my flute and headed for the roof. I sat down and began to play a song I learned long ago. The words rang through my head as I play the melody.

|I hear the wind across the plain
A sound so strong-that calls my name
It's wild like the river-it's warm like the sun
Ya it's here-this is where I belong
Under the starry skies-where eagles have flown
This place is paridise-it's the place I call home
The moon on the mountains
The whisper through the trees
The waves on the water
Let nothing come between this and me
Cuz everything I want-is everything that's hear
And when we're all togather-there's nothing to fear
And wherever I wander-the one thing I've learned
It's to here-I will always...always return|

Queen Majra of Sanctuary had taught that to me. It always reminded me of my duties and my failed promise, keep the prince safe.

/I failed then, I won't fail now. I can't, not with the darkness coming./ I thought. I turned around as I heard a noise on the roof. I took up a fighting position and saw that it was only Hiei.

"What do you want?" I asked him.

"Where did you learn that song? It seems so familiar to me," he said.

"It was taught to me when I lived in Sanctuary. Anything else?" I asked again turning my back to his cold red eyes.

"I keep on having a strange dream and am trying to figure it out," he stated. I turned and looked at him. I nodded. He explained everything that had happened in his dream and my mouth fell open.

/Hiei is the heir. I have to tell the others./
"I think Sela can help you with that. She's the dream mapper, someone who figures out the meanings behind dreams. I'll tell her about it in the morning, before she meets Koenma," I said cringing on the last part. Hiei looked at me confused. "Those two have never and will never get along." He nodded and a small smile graced his face. The faint glow from the sunrise shone a rosy light on his face making him look so handsome.

/Handsome! Where in Bargagi's[1] name did that come from?!/I yelled at myself. Hiei looked at me and took off from the roof.

~Hiei's POV~

I had to get out of their fast. It was that same feeling as before. The way the light etched her face was unbearable. I had to get out of there or I would have done something I would later regret. i jump