Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Change of Fate ❯ Touch down ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Just forewarning Standard disclaimer. Sailor Moon is not mine, the idea and the show belong to people much richer than I. Please don't sue!

Dimmer however is mine… of course if someone wants to use him or any of his transformations for ANY reason "thbbt" go ahead. You have my complete and total permission. I only request you tell me… Hell, I don't care if you don't tell me, it's not like I could find you anyway.

Warning: mild language, also this is my first fic. Maybe some lime sometime in the far future, but I seriously doubt it. Violent scenes, no worse than most action movies, but they actually sound worse when described…

*************************************************************

"Dude, all those damn re-runs on sailormoon are getting old, when are they going to translate the ones with Pluto and all them anyway?"

Mike was getting tired of watching the first episode of sailor moon, again. So he had asked the same question to the taller, black-haired guy sitting on the old ratty couch beside him entranced by the TV, that he'd asked about 12 times through the first 10 minutes. This time was different though his friend actually heard now that the commercials came around.

"Shuddap and enjoy, Mike we live on Cape Breton Island remember? NO one remembers we exist anymore, were lucky to be able to get cable let alone translations of anime. Hell, were lucky enough to even know what anime is, this is top of the line stuff for us so get used to it for at least another 2 years when you graduate you can join that anime club in New Brunswick you keep going on about."

"That place sounds too cool Dimmer you really got to read about it"

A grunt was his only response as the show came back on.

"Ah well, like you say, it could be worse", shudders "no anime at all" the fourteen year old boy his, not quite as long as his friends, black hair fell down covering his eyes making him seem a very lonely sight. Pulling over his long bangs back away from his eyes to simply covering his cheeks now. He sighed again as he ruffled around in his now trade mark, plain dark blue coat he always wore even inside and only took off when he went to bed. People thought he had to be hot under all those layers of clothing, but truthfully he had gotten used to it a while ago.

"I am Sailor Moon, Champion of justice!" Dimmer chuckled as he watched one of many of his favorite shows. Not that his favorite shows had high prerequisites, if it was anime he liked it, no matter what. In fact he made a point of it. He was a strange person; he could never get bored of the same old things like everyone else. He just couldn't get tired of something he loved. Dimmer and his friend Mike were both artists. But his friend was a hell of alot better at it than he was. When Mike drew something he took more time and he couldn't compare with the amount of detail. While, Dimmer was a master of half an hour drawings and loved to turn everything anime.

Dimmer's own hair fell over his eyes, and he, like his friend, sighed and he put it back behind his ear taking some pride into mind about loving his, now, shoulder length, dark brown hair. He had to fight for that. His parents were completely against it, along with the rest of his family. He wouldn't allow them to take it away. It was like trying to drag him away from anime he latched on to; in other words it wasn't going to happen. Little known to them, Dimmer would give up that fight as soon as he would his never-ending quest for anime. To him it was the same, you see. All male anime had either weird spiky hair or long hair. He would take what he could get.

The show was over, the v.c.r. stopped recording and Dimmer had to go. "Good-bye my friend, I'll see ya tomorrow, eh?"

"Later Dimmer, see ya then." Mike watched his friend go as he let his dog out.

"BASTARD!" his frustrated friend yelled out probably waking most of the neighborhood. Mike chuckled and waved to his friend who was yelling at another street lamp that had turned off as he walked under it. It was because of that, his nickname, Dimmer came into play.

Whenever he walked down a lighted street at least one street lamp would turn off on him, therefore making everything a little dimmer.

"Everything a little Dimmer?" he repeated to himself, and mentally pictured a bunch of evil Dimmer's bouncing around on the streets. He ran back in his house slamming the door, fleeing the horrible images.

The Next Morning:

Arkand yawned as he got up. His eyes opened wide and he shook his head abruptly chasing out the scary image of his real name rushing into his mind. He mentally shuddered as he walked down stairs to his living room in jeans and no shirt. Picked up a playstation controller and played a game. He wasn't awake long enough to know what the game was. It didn't matter; he was pretty good at all of them. An hour later his vision finally stopped being so blurry so Dimmer could see what he was doing, or in this case what he wasn't doing. He wasn't playing a game; in fact it would look to most onlookers like he was trying to play Sailor Moon. He shrugged put down the controller and set up to watch the re-run.

That was when he heard a large crackling sound. His tired looking eyes still not quite focused enough to take notice of the changing scenery in much confusion. It was probably because of the searing pain running up and along his entire nervous system. "Heart attack?" He muttered questioning himself.

No, it was something more it had to be. It felt like his skin was ripped of his entire skeleton and reattaching itself. Than as abruptly as it came, it went away leaving a refreshing, strong wind blowing through his hair. He smiled relishing in the fact the pain was gone...."Strong Wind?" He opened his eyes and screamed. The clouds split apart as he flew through them. His eyes watering from the pure speed as gravity was in full effect. All he could see was a blurred city beneath him before the G-force knocked him out. His last conscience thought was "Of all the ways to die I was not expecting this one."(Well, there was another one but "This is gonna hurt" wasn't really said in a sane frame of mind and therefore I'll ignore it)

"What the…?", He opened his eyes. Looking around he could see tall buildings stretching high into the air, but most of his surroundings were obscured some what by the 6 foot deep hole he was standing in. "Where am I?". There was some guy speaking too quickly for him to understand stretching his arm down as if offering him a hand. He took the hand grateful for the assistance. Stepping out from the crater he sees a crowd of people standing around at what looked like a busy intersection, staring at him in awe. He didn't understand what was going on, so he turned to the man that helped him out and asked where he was, but the guy might as well have been speaking a different language for all he understood him.

Shaking his head, he turned away from the now babbling man trying to get his bearings. Hmm…"Where the hell am I? So what do I do no..? oooh myyyy God...." A sign had gotten his attention.

The sign was well lit, it was also pretty cool looking, done up in red, yellow, and black, it was the fact it was written in Japanese that had gotten his attention. He felt his jaw hit the ground, than his eyes bulged up by seeing his own jaw fall to the ground, than he fell over from realizing his eyes had bulged. "What the hell!". It didn't take too long after a minute of looking around to realize he was in Tokyo itself.

"Shit."

"Yup that pretty sums it up. What do I do now?".

End Notes:

Hi! A. Kitana here. Reviews please! As you can see above is only a short description of the main character in this fic, and a bit of a look at of what he's like. The fic gets better. So if ya liked this, keep reading, and if ya didn't, keep reading any way ^^ there's more to look forward to. I mean come on, we haven't even run into the scouts yet… And please don't judge too harsh! This is not only my first fic, but also my first real try at writing anything!