Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Angel Tears ❯ Acquaintance with time ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2: Acquaintance with Time

That dream again. When will it ever stop?! Hell, I'm tired of them.

It was 2 in the morning. Her head aches from the dream that she just had seen. Dark. All the blood. It was the most frightening dream one could ever imagine. Yet, she didn't know its meaning. Why was she having those dreams? To bother her in school? She quite remembers how she was always caught by her classmates staring outside blankly. How she asked the teacher many times to repeat the question addressed to her because she simply wasn't paying any attention. How she got a low grade in one of her tests which was actually an easy one just because her mind was wondering off by itself. To a place and time that she didn't know. To bring thoughts that made her look for answers which are not there.

Slowly she opened her violin case. The polished instrument fit perfectly in her hands as she closed her eyes to play. A sad, sorrowful music. Of never ending pain and suffering. Of endless tears. About the silent cries of people that could never be heard. Of helplessness. She played for about an hour, lingering some time before truly ending the piece she had just created through her emotions before finding herself in tears and a question in her mind.

Why?

"Morning!" The teacher greeted the class. Just one more, then I'd be free to find some info. Haruka sighed as she leaned back on her seat. Michiru had left the class even before it started being called for the rehearsals. She didn't notice that the aqua haired girl carried too many things for the classes today just before she stood up and went out the room carrying all of her things. Barely managing to carry all when she was carrying her violin on her left hand.

A month had already passed since she came. And she already became used to the looks that the girls in school give her. Sometimes she finds it funny to be confused to be a guy, but she doesn't want to personally discourage them.

Yet, she never really goes out with any of her classmates.

Mom… Dad… I will find them, whatever it takes…

Your deaths will be revenged…

Her thoughts were slowly drifting away. Back in time when she still had a whole family. When she always had whatever she wanted. When she began to live independently. When her mother used to scold her for wearing boys' clothes. When her father silently supports her in every way that he could.

I love you…

Memories from the past five years came back to her. How she made it without anybody. How she struggled with the lawyer about her family's businesses. When she left their house to settle in the city. When she often took a walk down the beach during sunsets to think about the saddest year that she ever had. She didn't notice that she had sunken deep in thought, that she was holding her desk quite hard. Time flew by. The class had already ended. The teacher already left the room and her classmates were already packing their things. But she still haven't moved. Everyone looked at her before going out.

I vow that…

She felt eyes staring at her. That she was surrounded by questioning looks. She shook herself and straightened out. Only then did she recognize that the classes were done. That the last person other than her left the room.

"Oh, well…" She picked up her bag and went out.

That took a long time, Michiru thought. She had been asked to play for the upcoming dance next week. She wasn't expecting to be asked to play a solo. She hasn't been playing in any social functions for a while since she got in school. She managed to persuade her manager to give her some time to cope with the new environment she's in before she continues with her career. She still needs education, anyway.

It was already dark outside. She had been with the orchestra since noon, practicing their pieces. The conductor had also asked her to play among the violins besides her playing a solo. She was tired. She was carrying too many things. She was about to call a cab when she heard someone walking behind her.

No luck tonight. Better that I go home now. Haruka looked at the lamp above her head. She had been trudging along the streets of Tokyo looking for some clues. She had walked in almost all the streets possible. But there certainly was no sign of them. Soon it was dusk and she opted for the park where she spent time watching the waters flowing on the fountain.

She picked up a sandwich on the mart that she passed. Wanting to eat it on the way home when she passed her school. She looked in.

God it is dark here! Don't they ever leave any lights on?!

She touched the gate and peeked. Trying to find something unusual. Just to make her day complete. To maybe find some leads.

She heard footsteps. Silent ones. From the back where the auditorium is, coming towards her. Easy and steady footsteps. She strained her eyes to get a view of the person who's still in school. It was pretty late for someone to stay studying in school and there's no vocational offered at night. She leaned on the wall. Waiting for that person. Whoever he is. To find out what he's doing here.

The steps are getting closer and closer, louder and clearer. But the person seem to be walking very lightly. She crept back the wall the moment the person got out. Sighing as she recognized it was her classmate. Michiru…

What is she doing here?

Haruka asked herself as she watched the aqua-haired girl stand under the lamp which was near the school gates. Waiting for something. A cab, perhaps?

The blonde looked around to see if she could help her. But no vehicle was in sight. The drivers seem to have abandoned their vehicles and went home at this hour. It was only eight o'clock and there should still be cabs wandering around at this time of hour. But there was none.

She examined the girl. From toe to head. Stopping at the other's face. Staring at it for a long time as if there's something familiar with it. She tried to think of how that face seem so well-known to her. She had only seen her during classes and…

Maybe I should call. Auntie Hikari should be very worried about me.

She heard the rustling of the wind as it brushed against her face. Causing some strands to cover her eyes that she had to place all her things in one hand to arrange her hair. When she felt eyes boring into her.

God, she's beautiful…

She mused as she continued to look at the person standing a few feet away from her. Michiru brushed hair from her face and she looked at the blonde who was still standing beneath the shadows of the wall. In dark, loose clothes. Leaning back. Frozen to the spot.

Nani?

"Who's there?" There was no falter in her voice. But the sweet voice she had heard in class was determined and commanding. Nevertheless, it was a voice of an angel.

"Who's there?" Michiru repeated, staying close to the light. She always had the intuition to go and check out things but this one she didn't want to. She was afraid to. She took a step backward and looked at the shadow.

Haruka snapped back into her senses when Michiru moved back. The question registered quickly in her mind. She stepped out of the darkness and faced the beauty in front of her. "It's just me, Michiru. It's Haruka." The blond walked toward Michiru and she noticed the tension in the other's posture.

Is she afraid of something?

There is this look in her eyes I have seen quite often whenever I help little girls being attacked by… the hell the name is… that gang. She looks so fragile. Maybe she's afraid of the dark? Nah… Or maybe…

"Michiru?" Haruka was a foot away from the girl being addressed. Michiru still haven't responded to her. She looked at her and noticed her tight clenching of the things in her hands.

Surely, she's afraid of something…

But what?

Suddenly, she became aware that she was concerned about this woman. This classmate of hers who always seem so distant as she is. Never talking to others and always by herself. She knew that she is the Kaoih Michiru who everyone was talking about whenever the topic classical music was brought about in the place where she used to live. There in the suburbs of Tokyo. There with the memories of her past.

She was looking at something invisible. Haruka raised a hand and tried to snap her fingers in front of the girl but it didn't produce a reaction. Just when she was about to grab the other by the shoulder did Michiru come into senses and noticed that Haruka was standing right in front of her. With the look of concern in her face.

"What are you doing?!" She noticed the hands ready to grab her on both sides. She quickly stepped back as she looked at the blonde. Fear still in her eyes.

"Hey, easy. I'm not doing anything… You just…"

Michiru cut her short. "Oh, and I'm supposed to thank you?! You just scared me out of my wits!" Her face was stern. She was feeling stupid but still she blame Haruka for frightening her.

"So, the Kaioh Michiru could be frightened after all. What are you afraid of, the dark?"

"It's none of your damn business!" The hell she gets into my nerve! Why does she ask those things? As if she cares, anyway.

Haruka was stunned by the remark. She had never encountered someone who would tell her that. Even though she really didn't have many friends. She was about to remark in the same tone when she remembered her deal with Sydny.

Don't yell at anyone without a good reason.

Sighing she lowered her shoulders and walked backwards, resuming her lean on the wall, but in a much casual way.

"Hai, it's none of my business. But I wouldn't want anyone to have a heart attack or be robbed just because they were frozen on the spot. Well, see ya!"

Haruka stood and started to walk away. Away from the aqua-haired girl who didn't know what to say. Away from the light. Away from the aqua-haired angel…

She was tired. She again stayed at school for the rehearsals and mostly missed her classes for that day. It is the third time she will go home by nine in the evening. And she was certain that her auntie is walking to and fro the window that looks out to the road, waiting for her to come home.

She had known more of the school surroundings since she had to come home late. Sometimes, she would walk alone. At times, one of orchestra would walk with her. The rehearsals made her meet people other than her fans. People who have an interesting personality. And those whom she was certain she could be friends with.

She turned at the bend as she heard quiet steps coming from behind. She hurried and tried to hide herself. But as she stood still, the steps also stopped. Looking around the corner she just left, she saw nothing.

Maybe, it was just my imagination… No. I know I really heard those steps. But there's no one here. I wonder who…

As she turned around, she saw a woman taller than she is with long dark green hair who seems to be floating in mid-air. An awkward silence enveloped the two. Michiru being dumbfounded at the person in front of her. A person whom she believed to only exist in her nightmares. The one who controls time. Pluto.

She didn't know what to say. She had forced herself to believe that everything she has been dreaming of will not happen. That they will just remain as dreams. The destruction of the world and their deaths. She didn't want to accept it. She didn't want to recognize the truth. She still has dreams that she want to fulfill.

"Hello, Michiru." Sailor Pluto began. "There are some things that I would like to talk to you about."

"Things?! What things?! About those nightmares that disturb my life? Is that what you want to talk about?" Words were coming out of her mouth. Pluto was looking at her with understanding.

"I understand you have so many dreams ahead of you that you want to fulfill. But this is something real. You've got to face it, too, Michiru. Think about it. The world needs you." The sailor scout turned around and disappeared.

Leaving Michiru looking around wondering where the woman in a uniform went to.

Haruka…

"Huh?"

Haruka, wake up!

"What the?! Who's there!?"

Nobody's here, you idiot! You live alone, remember? Haruka sighed to herself as she laid back down in bed. She tossed and turned but couldn't go back to sleep. Soon, she was staring blankly at the ceiling above her. Looking intently into something that is not there. Slowly, her thoughts began drifting away and she was now in a place she doesn't know where, but still she knew existed.

A tall girl, about the same height as her, was standing a few feet away with her back facing Haruka. She held a staff in her hands. The top of which contains a garnet orb. Her long dark green hair was flowing. Haruka was about to say something when the woman turned around. Red eyes met teal ones.

"Haruka Tenoh."

"How did you…?"

"Of course, I know your name. I know more about you than you know…"

"NANI? Who are you?"

"I'm Sailor Pluto, the guardian of time. I have come to awaken you, Sailor Uranus. The end is nearing. And it is your task together with your partner, Sailor Neptune to stop it. To find the talismans and stop it."

Haruka looked confused. "I don't understand."

"Of course, you don't. You still don't know much about your past. But you will know, sooner or later. But first, you and your partner must unite to stop it."

"But…" Don't argue, Haruka! Remember you oath to your parents! You can use your power, whatever it is, to get revenge.

"It is an important mission that only the two of you can accomplish. Use you power wisely, Uranus." Pluto was holding out a golden stick to Haruka. The blonde took it, but as she was to ask another question, the other woman had gone. Only the stick remains. A stick carrying out the sign of Uranus.