Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Changed by an Angel ❯ CBAA - Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Changed by an Angel

Chapter: 5

Author: Ashlee Angel

Email: ashlee_c69@hotmail.com

Disclaimer - Sailor Moon belongs to Naoko Takeuchi..... And frankly, I'm not Naoko Takeuchi

*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.* Chapter 5 *.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*

* Recap *

But then he saw blue.

A deep sky blue. Two wide, crystalline orbs, shining through the crimson hue.

Staring at him in wonder, disbelief, and pure awe. Then a hushed, and ever so faint whisper cut through the silence.

"Darien?"

He immediately withdrew his hand from the dome. The light diminishing to the just the soothing ruby glow of the last petal.

"Serena." It came out hoarse, but soft. He unconsciously made it back to ground level.

Serena's eyes still interlocked with his.

All logic seemed to dispel from Serena's mind, leaving her to question her own sanity, staring wide eyed at Darien. Or maybe he wasn't Darien at all. She wanted to say something.

Anything.

Though the only other words that would come were the ones inside her head. 'I'm dreaming . . . but dammit! People who dream don't know they're dreaming!' she thought. But through the accumulation of bewilderment, she was finally able to find her voice... or what was left of it. "What are you?" she asked. It was scarcely audible, but it held a mess of emotions.

One of which neither Darien or Serena could identify.

"I. . . ." He stopped there. What the hell was he supposed to say? *I'm an angel, sent from heaven.*

Yeah right. No way was THAT coming out of his mouth.

Besides . . . it was too lame, so. . . .

"You wouldn't believe me," he said decisively, almost accusingly.

"Try me," she challenged, finding the stubbornness to argue back.

Darien shook his head in defeat. 'Rule number one is about to be broken.' "Fine, so be it . . . but you have to be willing to sacrifice the consequences," he warned.

"Consequences . . . as in punishment?" she asked, starting to regret she ever spoke up.

He nodded. "As in after I tell you, you'll have no memory of anything that happened the last few days. From the first day you met me to be exact . . . so you'll wake up to think it's still the first day of school."

"So in other words, you're going to brainwash me. . . ."

"Precisely."

"But you said consequences, as in plural. Meaning more than one," Serena pointed out, finally able to think rationally.

"True . . . but you don't have to worry about those." 'I do.'

"Okay . . . so I'll get brainwashed . . . but . . . can't you tell me anyway?"

Darien smiled. Surprising himself he still had the ability to do so. "Why don't you guess."

"Why?"

"Because it'll sound lame coming from me."

Serena just looked at him strangely, but there was no use arguing anymore. Might as well play along.

"Well, you're not human, that's for sure . . . so you're a ghost?"

"Ghosts are the living dead. I'm not living, but I'm not dead. You have to live in order to die, and I never lived so---"

"Okay, okay, I get the point. You're not a ghost . . . how 'bout a warlock, or a wizard?"

"Do I look like one?"

"Not really . . . so umm . . . what other magical creature is there?" Serena said, thinking out loud.

"You're not a phantom, are you?"

Darien raised an eyebrow. 'Where in the name of God did she get THAT idea?'

"Okay, okay . . . so you're not a phantom . . . then . . . a leprechaun?" she asked, knowing how stupid it sounded.

"Number one, I'm not from Ireland. Number two, I don't wear green. Number three, I'm not short. Number four, I---"

"Okay! You're not a leprechaun! I get it!" she said. Then slowly, she walked around Darien the way Beryl had circled her. Except she had to look up 'cause Darien was so tall. After making a few rounds, she stopped. "You're not the devil, are you?" she asked suspiciously, cautiously taking a step back.

Darien looked at her, then laughed. 'Of all the goddamned things.' "Quite the opposite actually."

Serena's face went from dubious, to relief, then finally to . . . to . . . actually, he couldn't tell what she was feeling at the moment. "Are you cupid?" she asked, though quite skeptical. "But you don't look like the type to fly around on wings, shooting arrows at people."

"An amusing image, but no. Cupid doesn't have wings, nor does he shoot arrows at people."

"How would you know?"

Darien sighed. "Maybe this will make it easier. I'm not a ghost, a warlock, a wizard, a phantom, a leprechaun, and God knows I'm not the devil. I personally know Cupid, but I'm not a deity, a divinity, or a god."

'With those looks, you could pass for one any day. . . .' she thought to herself.

"Does that help?"

"Huh? Oh . . . umm . . . I guess . . . but that would make you . . . that would make you . . . a . . . a. . . ." She suddenly stopped, her eyes growing wider than they already were. 'That would make him . . . but no! That's impossible . . . isn't it?' She looked up at him in reverence.

"You're . . . you're an angel?" It was far too weak to be heard. But Darien caught it. Shaking her head furiously, she somehow revived her voice. "How? Why? I . . . I mean . . . but . . . but . . . you . . . don't have wings!" she at last managed to sputter out. "Or---"

"Or a halo, right?" he finished for her, completely amused she expected him to have a shining halo and a pair of wings.

"Does it matter? I'm not going to remember any of this anyway, right?"

Darien didn't say anything.

But then, a smile covered Serena's depression. "Well, might as well make the best of it . . . so . . . what are you, a guardian angel, or what? What's it like where you're from? And what exactly are you here to do?"

He had to smile. This girl could change from emotion to emotion in less than two seconds. But she was right, might as well make the best of things.

"Yeah, well . . . to put it simply, they sent me here to help you."

"So I'm sort of like your 'assignment'?" Serena asked, wrinkling her nose, not used to being referred to as someone's duty.

Darien grinned. "You make it sound like it's a bad thing."

"Well . . . it COULD be . . . but what's with the rose? It sort of looks like that thing from Beauty and the Beast . . . except more umm . . . magical?" Serena asked.

Taking a step closer, she reached up toward it.

Darien, for no apparent reason, snapped his fingers. Causing the dome to disappear in thin air.

Serena eyed him strangely, then dropped her hand. "A little overprotective, are we?"

Darien cleared his throat, "Why don't we sit on the bed and talk. It's more comfortable, and you'll probably catch a cold in your umm . . . slip," he said, lifting one corner of his lips into a smile.

Sure enough, Serena was getting cold wearing her white slip that only went to mid thigh. "Uhh . . . sure, why not. I 'am' sort of cold," she said, not even questioning his sudden changing of topics.

If he didn't want to tell her something, she wouldn't push it.

*****************

After getting herself comfortable in bed, Serena realized that Darien hadn't moved from his spot near the door. He was just standing there, watching her.

Just watching her.

"Umm . . . Darien? You can come sit down. I'm not going to eat you," she said lightly, shifting uncomfortably. Why does he have to keep staring at her like that?

Darien gave another one of his half smiles before walking over to Serena. Settling himself beside her, he took note of the fact that Serena could barely keep her eyes open. "So what would you like to know?" he asked softly, somehow feeling it seemed more appropriate to talk quietly.

There was a pause. A long pause.

If she hadn't spoken, he would've thought she was already asleep. "How old are you?" Serena asked, finally deciding on this certain question out of all the others.

"Well, let's just say I'm a lot older than you."

Serena nodded. It was an acceptable answer. She had a million other questions, so why was it so hard to think of just one? Then she remembered something Darien said a while back. "Darien? When you said you weren't allowed to fall in love? Did it mean you don't have the ability to?"

'She still remembers that?' "I have as much ability to fall in love as you do. But there are consequences for breaking the rules."

"Rules?"

"Four to be exact. Can't let you find out who I am. But that's already been broken. Can't use any powers to manipulate you to do what I want you to do. Can't fall in love. And I have to be finished by a certain time."

"And when's that?"

"Does it matter now?"

"I guess not . . . so what happens to you if you break the rules?" she asked.

"Well . . . I just get sent back to where I'm from. But you have to break a rule to find out."

"And you've only broken one. Right?"

The corners of Darien's lips curled up into a smile. "Unless you want me to break another one. . . ."

"There's only three left to break," Serena said looking down. But in less than a millisecond, her head shot up. She looked at him suspiciously as she scooted over to the far side of the bed.

Darien, seeing her movements, moved closer to her, but only resulted in Serena moving to the very edge, practically falling off the bed. Darien raised an eyebrow, rather amused at Serena's sudden reaction toward him.

"I don't bite."

"I know," she said, but was still trying to inch away from him.

"Then why are you acting like I'm some sort of fatal disease?"

"I'm not."

Darien gave her a look. Then in one fleeting motion, he pulled her against him. Much too close for Serena's liking. Not that she didn't enjoy being held by Darien.

"Now, be a good girl and tell me why you suddenly see me as a serial killer," he said lightly.

Serena gulped. "Well . . . you know how you say that you have powers that can make me do whatever you want? And well . . . umm . . . you wouldn't uhh . . . take umm . . . you know . . . advantage of me . . . would you?" she asked, nervously fidgeting with her fingers under Darien's intimate hold.

Hearing this, Darien laughed faintly. "Do I look like the type of person who would do that?"

"Well . . . no . . . not really, but you can never be too sure."

"You're right, but right now, I'd say you have a better chance of taking advantage of me, than I do of you."

"Uh huh . . . sure."

"Hey, a guy has his weaknesses."

"*You* have weaknesses?" Serena asked.

"Everyone has weaknesses. And everyone includes me."

"Prove it."

He smiled. "I think you're enough proof."

Serena stopped to make sense of what he said . . . and for once, she didn't argue back.

A while after the brief silence, they both continued to talk into the night.... or in this case, morning. Then somewhere in the midst of the conversation, they both drifted off to sleep..... leaving behind the worries of what tomorrow morning would bring.

*******************************************************

* The Next Morning (Serena's POV) *

A tingling warmth sent shivers up my arm, stirring my sleep. Opening my eyes just enough to see the rays of sunshine spilling through the blinds, I sighed. It felt nice being in someone's arms, waking up to the scent of roses.

My eyes snapped open. In someone's arms!!??! And roses??!?

I tried to sit up, but the arms around my waist only tightened. My eyes were probably wider than saucers right now. This is Darien's room . . . so what the heck am I doing in Darien's bed? More precisely, what am I doing in his arms!? Hell! Why do I even remember who Darien is!?!

Then it hit me.

If I still remember who Darien is . . . then that means . . . oh my God. . . .

I turned around so I was facing Darien. I was going to yell at him, I really was . . . but believe me, a sleeping image of Darien is not an easy something to yell at. I couldn't even help the smile that was forming on my lips. He's just so cute when he's asleep. His hair was slightly tousled, which only added to his boyish image.

But we're awfully close, with his arms still around my waist. Not that I'm complaining or anything. But literally, I'm barely two inches from his face.

All I have to do is lean forward and . . . NO! 'Stop it Serena! Just hurry up and wake him up!'

Shaking my head from the revere, I reached up to wake him, but ended up brushing his bangs out of his eyes instead. It wasn't like I could help it.

But I guess he felt it, 'cause he started mumbling, still not awake. Trying to make out what he was saying wasn't any better. Something about falling petals and sunshine kisses. Or was it kisses from sunshine? What's the difference? I'll ask him about it later. Right now . . . I have to wake him up.

"Darien? Wake up, it's me, Serena," I said quietly, though I should've shouted it at him. For a second, I thought he was going to wake up, but of course I got my hopes up for nothing.

"That's nice Serena, now go back to sleep," he murmured, and pulled me in closer to him than I already was.

Oh, and that's not all. One of his hands seemed to be growing restless on my waist, so it moved up to my shoulder where it started absentmindedly playing with the strap of my slip. He better be glad he's asleep, or else he'd have a lot to answer to . . . one being my fist.

But then, I was suddenly staring into a pair of dazed cerulean eyes.

(* Darien's POV *)

I woke up, to find myself staring into a pair a deep, sky blue eyes.

"About time you woke up."

"Serena?" I asked, not sure I was seeing correctly. I mean it's not everyday you wake up to find a goddess barely half an inch away from your face.

"No, the queen of England . . . now I suggest you let go of me so I can sit up."

Let go? "Huh?"

Serena rolled her eyes at my beyond brilliant answer. Then I finally put my head to good use and realize that I was holding Serena . . . very close. Not close enough for my own liking, but I'd have to deal with her fist if she ever found out. Even though I was mindless enough not to know she had a brother, I do know that she is one hell of a martial arts student. And that you definitely do not want to mess with her. So as quickly as my reflexes would take me, I extracted my hands.

But then it occurred to me that this was Serena. And I was still here. To put it plainly, I was confused. Totally and completely confused.

I guess it must've been observable, because Serena seemed to be staring at me strangely.

"Hey Dare, you okay?" she asked.

But the only thing that I registered, was the fact that she knows me. Or still remembers me. At that point, I didn't really care.

Forgetting my confusion, I took Serena in my arms again, and crushed her in a hug.

(* Author's POV *)

To say Serena was surprised would be quite the understatement.

One minute, Darien was thoroughly confused, the next he was embracing her like there's no tomorrow and thanking God as if his life depended on it.

"Umm . . . Dare? Mind giving me some breathing space?" she asked, wondering if he even heard her.

If he did . . . he didn't show it.

****************************************

"So . . . would you like to tell me why you're here and why I don't think it's the first day of school?" Serena inquired, after he finally let go.

Darien sat up and ran a hand through his already mussed up hair. "Honestly Serena, I don't know. I really don't," he said at last.

"So you mean you can stay and I don't have to get brainwashed?" Serena asked hopefully, not exactly wanting to rejoice over the fact that she might get amnesia. Or something close to it.

"Well, I don't really think you're going to get your memories erased, but I still don't see why you don't have to face the aftermath like you're supposed to. . . ."

"Who cares? But now that I know what you are, do I have to keep my mouth shut?"

"What do you think?"

"Well, I can only think of one person I'd 'want' to tell. But don't worry, I'll keep my mouth shut. Besides, even if I 'did' tell them, they wouldn't believe me." Serena paused, then laughed. "I've always believed in angels, but I never actually thought I'd meet one. And now I even have my own angel."

"Since when was I yours?" Darien asked, a smile tugging at the corner of his mouth.

"Well . . . you're not . . . but still! And you know I didn't mean it like that!" Serena argued back, but couldn't suppress Darien's words replaying itself inside her head. It's not like she wouldn't want Darien to be hers . . . but he's not even human. Shaking her head slightly, she smiled to herself. 'Wishful thinking.'

"So anyways . . . is there any way you can make yourself invisible so I'm the only one who can see you?"

"Not that I know of, but I can make it so only you can hear my voice."

"Hmm . . . I guess that'll have to do, because my parents are coming home today, and even though they'd love to have you here, I don't think they'll let you stay forever. And now, I need to go get changed," Serena said, as she got up and walked back to her room.

But Darien's voice stopped her just when she was out of sight. "Hey Serena, how did you get in here yesterday?" he asked, because he could've sworn all the doors to the room were locked.

Serena tilted her head back through the doorway so she could see Darien, then laughed.

"It's called a key."

* A few weeks later at school (Friday) *

"So Sere, are you coming to the beach with us tomorrow?" Mina asked while they were eating lunch at their usual spot above the track field.

"Can't. Remember that date my parents put me up to?" Serena frowned just at the thought, as she took a bite of her fry.

"You mean the one with the business guy's son?" Lita asked.

"Yeah, him. Well that's this Saturday. And I have to spend an entire day with him."

"Hey, he might be cute. 'Ya never know . . . I mean what if he's like totally hot? Then you get to snag a perfectly gorgeous guy to yourself."

"Raye! What're the chances? One in a million? He's probably some stuck up, egotistical, conceited snob. I should be glad he's not staying here for more than a month."

"Actually Serena, I heard he's quite nice. Charming as well. They featured him in a magazine. And I must say, he is cute," Amy said, taking a sip of her drink.

"See Rena? Even Amy approves. So go and have fun. He might even end up being your dream guy."

"Ha ha," Serena said dryly. "Very funny Andrew. You know, you're worse than my mother."

"Aww, come on Sunshine, cheer up. But we better be getting back. The bell's going to go any second now," Darien said, as he helped Serena up.

Sighing, she and the group walked back to the school. About 2 weeks ago, Darien had insisted on giving her the nickname 'Sunshine'.

And he didn't even use it all the time. Not that she didn't like the nickname or anything. It's cute, though it would suit someone as bubbly as Mina better.

Though he REFUSES to call her 'Rena' or 'Sere'. But the name Sunshine seems awfully familiar. She's heard it somewhere, she's sure of that.

But where?

*******************************

* Saturday Morning (Serena's room) *

"So Darien, what should I wear?" Serena asked, as she rummaged through her closet. Turning around, she found herself face to face with Darien. Well, not exactly, considering Darien's taller. But she still stumbled back because he was so close. "Darien! Would you stop doing that?! Don't you have any control over where you appear?" she snapped, after regaining her balance.

"With you? No."

Serena gave an exasperated sigh, blowing a few strands of silvery blonde hair out of her eyes. "Oh whatever, so what should I wear?"

"A shirt that goes past your midriff. And something else that'll cover up those legs of yours."

"Why? It's October."

"Exactly, it's cold out," he replied nonchalantly, though even to him, it sounded stupid.

"Cold? Did you forget that you're in California? Or is your definition of cold 96°?" Serena said sardonically, arms crossed. But when Darien didn't answer, she turned around and started to sort through her clothes.

"Anyway, are you sure you want to come with me? It might be boring considering I can't talk to you much. I mean he'll think I'm insane arguing with the air."

"Oh, I'm sure it'll be plenty of fun. Now hurry up and get dressed, it's already twelve o'clock," he said as he dematerialized.

"Hey Darien, what do you think of th---" Serena started, but turned around to find herself talking to an empty closet. 'Ugh! He has to stop doing that!'

* Front Door * (AN: The stars *...* just mean Darien's talking.)

Serena was pacing back and forth in front of the door, repeatedly looking down at her watch.

*Hey Sunshine, chill.*

"Oh shut up! You should be glad I can't see you or else---"

*Or else what? Seriously Serena, what can you do to me?*

"Ugh! It's no use arguing. I don't know how they put up with you up there," Serena muttered, still pacing back and forth. She didn't even know why she was anxious to meet the guy. "But what if he doesn't like me?"

*Then that means he probably already has a girlfriend.*

"Not that sort of like!!"

*So why did you get dressed up for him?*

"What, 'ya jealous?" Serena teased wryly. Though she hardly thought white capri pants and a red spaghetti strap was 'dressed up'.

*Actually, I am. But that's beside the point. So tell me, why aren't your parents here again.*

"For the last time, they went to a business meeting with Evan's father," Serena said, just as the doorbell rang.

Checking her reflection one more time in the hallway mirrors, she opened the door.

***********************

"Hi, you must be Serena," he said, smiling.

'Amy's right. He is cute. Extremely cute . . . and he's got a contagious smile too.'

"Hey . . . Evan, right?" she smiled. This guy was major likeable material. "You wanna come in or do you wanna leave now for lunch?"

"We can leave now 'cause you're probably hungry . . . oh, and these are for you," he said, handing her a bouquet of roses.

"I wasn't sure whether you liked white or pink, so I got you both."

Serena laughed. "You should be glad I just plain like roses."

*But red are still your favorite,* Darien reminded her.

'Great, just what I need. Something else to remind me of Darien.'

"Just a sec. I'm gonna go put these in water," Serena said as she walked toward the kitchen.

'This guy isn't hot or gorgeous . . . he's just cute,' Serena mused, still smiling. 'But completely, totally, and irresistibly cute.'

*Oh would you stop smiling already? He's just another blonde with brown eyes.*

"What do you know? Besides, he's cute."

*How cute?*

"Cuter than you . . . but don't worry. You're not cute cute. And you should be glad too. You're not really the boyish type . . . and anyway, can't talk now. Evan's waiting."

**********************************

* Seven hours later (In Evan's car) *

"So how did you like your personal tour?" Serena asked, completely exhausted from the trip. They went to just about every single sight attraction, mall, and theater within the area. Oh, and there were other places. But she couldn't keep track. And as much as she hated to admit it . . . she had fun. It's practically impossible not to when Evan's around.

Well . . . minus the sarcastic comments from Darien every few seconds and some minor (so called) 'accidents', everything was great.

"I think I like my tour guide better," he said, flashing her that infectious smile of his.

Serena laughed. "I'd be offended if you thought that tour was better than me . . . so how 'bout dinner?"

*You're going to dinner with him too?! Isn't seven hours enough?*

"I already made reservations at Peppones . . . but I don't think we'll make it in time. We were supposed to get there 15 minutes ago," Evan said sheepishly.

"No problem. That's the Italian restaurant, isn't it? We can go there some other time

. . . but since we're both hungry, why don't we just eat at a nearby café?"

"Sure, whatever the lady wants . . . but what did you have in mind?"

*The guy's a suck up . . . but why don't you take him to Taste Buds?*

"How 'bout Taste Buds? I don't think they have it in Australia, but their food is really good. They have a little of everything, and it's only 5 minutes from here."

"Okay, Taste Buds it is," he said, the smile never leaving his face.

*Does this guy ever stop smiling?*

Serena sighed . . . she could practically see Darien rolling his eyes.

* At Taste Buds Café *

After finding a table, they both ordered. "So Serena, you got a boyfriend?"

"Well . . . not really. How 'bout you? Don't you have a special someone you're missing back in Australia?" Serena asked, diverting the topic off herself.

"Umm . . . I'm still single . . . but there's this one girl . . . and . . . well . . . yeah," he said, running a hand through his hair.

"And? Her Name?"

"Emmy. But she sort of hates me," he admitted.

"And you're head over heels for her?"

"Pretty much," he said, his usual smile tuning down to just a self-pity half one.

Serena laughed. "Don't worry 'bout it. She'll come to her senses. You never know . . .after you left, she might've missed you."

"You think so?" he asked, his eyes lighting up again.

"I know so."

************************

"Sir, your drinks are here," the waiter said to Evan while handing Serena her raspberry wine. But Evan's drink was somehow accidentally knocked out of the waiter's hand and onto Evan's shirt.

"Oh my God, Sir, I am so sorry! I haven't done that since two years ago. Let me help you clean up," the waiter rushed out, panic evident on his face.

But Evan just laughed. "No, that's alright. I'll just go wash this up. Besides, I didn't really like what I ordered anyway. I should be glad this wine's clear," he said, then turned to Serena, "I'll be a minute, if the food comes, don't wait for me." And with that, he stood up and left.

*He's still smiling?*

"Darien! Did you have to do that?!" Serena hissed through her teeth. Not wanting people to think she was talking to some imaginary friend of hers.

*Do what? Spill the wine? I was actually aiming for his head, but oh well.*

"You are soooo immature," she whispered, putting her head in her hands.

*********************

"Good, you're done. Did it stain?" Serena asked when Evan came back.

"Nah, don't worry 'bout it," he said, as he sat down. But all Serena heard was a thump, as Evan hit the ground.

*Ouch . . . that's gotta hurt.*

"Oh my God! Evan, are you okay??" Serena got up and kneeled beside him on the floor.

*How does it feel to be the center of the attention again, Serena?*

Serena looked up, and sure enough, just about everyone had turned from their meals to stare at her and Evan. He groaned, as he tried to stand up. "Why do I feel like I'm cursed today?" he asked, as Serena helped him up.

"Trust me, you don't wanna know."

* At Serena's House (10 o'clock) *

"Thanks for today," Serena said when they were in front of her door.

Evan laughed. "Shouldn't I be thanking you? But you should get inside. You look like you're about to fall asleep any minute."

"Alright, goodnight. And good luck with Emmy," she said. Suppressing a yawn, she gave Evan a cordial hug.

" 'Night Serena." After giving her a peck on the cheek, he turned around and headed for his car.

Serena watched his retreating steps through her barely opened eyes and smiled. "Emmy's one lucky girl."

*You really like the guy, don't you, Sunshine?*

"Not like that, just good friends." she mumbled, half asleep. "And anyway, I still don't know why you insist on calling me that. No one else does."

*Exactly. That's the whole point. And besides, 'Rena' and 'Sere' are too plain.*

"Thanks a lot," she muttered wryly, unlocking the door. She stepped in, closing the door behind her. It's quiet.

Too quiet.

'Wonder where William is. . . .' "Guess mom and dad are still out."

*Need help getting upstairs?*

Serena smiled. "I think I can manage." Trudging her way upstairs, she realized that none of the lights were on. 'Weird. . . .'

*Hey Serena? Why don't you get into bed or else you're going to end up falling asleep in the hallway. I'll be right back. I just have a few things I need to take care of. Be back in five.*

Serena just nodded drowsily as she reached her room. Opening the door, she walked in, dragging her feet along the way. The room was dark. Completely dark. The windows closed, the blinds shut. But she could still see, so she didn't bother to turn on any of the lights.

She kicked off her shoes. Then took off her capris and tank top. Finding her slip on a chair beside the bed, she grabbed it and eased it over her head. She let a tired sigh escape her lips as she climbed into bed. Turning so she was on her side, she closed her eyes, the only thing that didn't seem tiring at the moment.

********************

Just when she was about to doze off, she felt someone kneeling beside her bed. Warm fingers brushed a few stands of hair away from her face. Leaning forward, he kissed her forehead lightly, knowing that she was still awake.

She smiled. " 'Night Darien."

He laughed softly. " 'Night, Rena."

Serena's eyes snapped open. Her wide crystalline orbs gazed into a pair of deep indigo ones.

"Expecting someone else?"

*********************************

To be continued.....

Phew.... finally.... on to Chapter 6.

Oh, and thanks again for reading.

Seeya