Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Sixteen ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hi everyone! This is my first fanfic so please be gentle. My story idea came from reading vacation fics about Serena and Darien, so I decided to write my own!
 
Note: During this story, Beryl is still at large. The scouts, other than sailor moon, don't know who the moon princess is. The generals in this story do NOT work with Beryl, but are friends of Darien. Tuxedo Mask still helps the scouts and has the weird dreams with the princess in it, he knows her name is princess serenity and she is from the moon, he also knows that he is the Prince of Earth. SERENA KNOWS THAT SHE IS THE MOON PRINCESS AND ONLY PRETENDS TO BE DITZY, KLUTZY, ETC. TO PROTECT HERSELF FROM THE ENEMIES.
Everyone's ages: Ami, Mina, Lita, Raye, and Serena: 16
Darien, Zoicite, Malachite, Nephrite, and Jedite: 21
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
 
~Serena's POV~
 
The day started out normal enough. I got up late, ran out of the house, ran into Darien, fought with him, made it to school late, got detention, got to my meetings with my friends late and got home to dinner late. Again.
 
Now normally, this wouldn't bother me, but today, for whatever reason, it did. I don't know, maybe it had something to do with the weather or the fact that Darien and I had a particularly aggressive fight this morning and I almost walked away in tears. Whatever the case may be, something was just…. off today.
You see, I don't like being a stupid, ignorant klutz who has nothing better to do than get detention. Yes, I do know what ignorant means. I know what a lot of stuff means, even if I don't show it. I'm like this way on purpose. When I was younger, I had dreams of a woman with green hair and a woman with silver hair in a style identical to mine telling me to act this way, or all would be doomed. Of course, when you're a little naïve kid who has nothing better to do than believe what these grown-ups are telling you, you listen. I wanted everyone to be happy; I didn't want to bring disaster. So I acted the way they told me to, even though I didn't want to.
It sounds stupid now, looking back on what I did. I never did truly understand the full concept of “why.” But I wasn't acting all the time. Some of my klutz attacks were real.
Well, a lot of them, but that's not the point.
The only reason I have so many is because of Earth's stupid gravity. You're probably wondering what Earth's gravity has anything to do with my klutz attacks. Well, I'm not exactly “from here” to put things bluntly.
I'm from the moon.
Yes, I know it sounds crazy, but it's true. I swear by all that is good and holy that it's true.
You see, I'm the legendary moon princess, the one that everyone has been searching for. There is less gravity on the moon than Earth, thus explaining the klutz attacks.
I didn't know it then, but the two people in my dreams were my mother, Queen Serenity and the Guardian of Time, Sailor Pluto. With the Negaverse able to surface at any time, they had to make sure I was safe, and that was by acting almost completely different from my normal past brainy self.
Yes once again. I am smart contrary to popular belief. You give me a test and I can beat Amy in an instant.
The funny part is, all my teachers know about the act. When I have detention, it's more of a session where I hand in my homework and take my real tests. All my teachers understand why I act the way I do. Most of them were my tutors or palace scholars in my past life.
Funny how things work out like that.
I first learned the reason for my façade like behavior when I was fourteen; just a little while after we found out that Amy was Sailor Mercury. It was through a dream, another odd one with both my mother the Sailor Pluto. I was shocked when they told me about being the Moon Princess. I mean me, the stupid looking, blonde ditz who didn't even know 2 + 2 = 4. I don't remember how long I lived in denial, but I knew what they said was true when I started having dreams about the past. Memories. I was told that on the first full moon of my sixteenth year, I would receive my full powers, and that meant the legendary silver crystal, the one thing we have been searching forever for.
Maybe that's why I've been so edgy all day.
Tomorrow is my sixteenth birthday.
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
 
HEY!!! I'M BACK!!! This is just some editing I'm doing to my original story that is posted on fanfiction.net. Same name, same title if any of you want to read the “unedited” full version of my story. This is as far as I've gotten, so…….please review! It really inspires me to work when you do.
 
Random thoughts:
 
If you were in the presence of God, and he sneezed, what would you say?
Have you ever noticed that “STRESSED” is “DESSERTS” spelled backwards?
 
Why is it for the first three years of our lives our parents teach us to walk and talk, only to spend the next fifteen years telling us to sit down and shut up?
 
HUGGLES!!
~Angel girl 4-ever