Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Waking Ami ❯ Beginnings Part Two ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Waking Ami

"Beginnings, Part Two"

Poepah@yahoo.com

The ride to the school was spent in silence. Juni was deep in conversation with her companion, where as Ami was captivated in studying the luxury car she was riding in. After the first few moments of hesitation, she turned her full attention to observing her teacher.

When they arrived at the school Juni unlocked the door and held it open for her student to follow. After both were inside she locked the door behind them, not bothering to double check if it was secure.

"Miss Mizuno, please wait for me in the gym, I will be there momentarily."

Ami stood still, a questioning look on her face, but too timid to ask her teacher who was already walking down the hall where the gym was.

Juni paused mid stride. "The gym is down the hall second door to the right. It leads downstairs."

Ami stood for a moment in embarrassment as her teacher continued toward her goal.

Once she was out of sight Ami regained her composure and hurried down to the gym.

___________________________________________________________

Juni waited in her office for her companion to notify her that Ami was downstairs. While waiting she rummaged through her closet, gathering her gym clothes and an outfit for the day. The one she wore to the Mizuno's was nice, but dresses and skirts were more appropriate for the classroom.

When she was certain Ami was out of ear shot the young teacher audibly continued the conversation she was previously having with her companion. It would have continued on in silence, but to do that took a relaxed meditative type state that Juni was not currently in.

"Please let me have control while teaching her. I promise to let you choose the curriculum and set the pace, but I want to be able to interact with her." Juni pleaded with her companion, who was currently set on teaching her new "protégé" personally.

::I teach, is that not part of our original agreement?::

Juni Mentally slapped herself, remembering the original bargain she had made with her companion, stating that she could have full control while teaching or defending. Juni let her have control many other times than that, these were just the times when the consciousness in charge was not questioned.

"Yes, that was… is the agreement. Though if I am not able to interact with her, then my personal reasons for wanting this become pointless because you would be the one in charge." Juni removed her outfit and placed it neatly into her closet. She continued her dialog as she dressed in her workout gear, A black form fitting sleeveless top, and mid thigh length shorts.

"I know that teaching her is also one of our primary goals, and I know it is your main goal. But, can't we come to a compromise at all?"

Knowing that not compromising would draw this conversation out, and that her hosts well-being was her primary reason for agreeing, SHE decided that a compromise would work.

::I take over the lesson whenever it begins, then when it is time for a break or for the lesson to end, you regain control.::

"Deal!!" Juni smiled happily as she finished a hasty braid with her hair. She had not expected to get such a generous compromise from her normally stubborn companion. There was no way she was going to risk that by asking for more. She was exceedingly happy with what she would be getting.

"Well then, what should we start her on? I think a language of her choosing would be a great way to start this off." Juni happily walked to the gym, ready to start her exercise and Ami's tutelage.

____________________________________________________________

"Alright Ms. Mizuno repeat the phrase to me in English." Juni called out to her student while she was working on her pull-up reps.

Ami easily translated the phrase, only stumbling once. That was more due to her concentration being focused on her teacher pushing forty on her pull-ups.

The two had chatted for a second before they had begun their lesson for the day. Juni had asked Ami what languages she wanted to learn, and decided to start by teaching her two of them. Ami proved to be an incredibly quick study; her memorization skills were nothing short of uncanny. It was almost like Juni was helping Ami to remember something she had forgotten, rather than teaching her something new.

The two women were currently two hours into their first session. Juni was exercising while she taught, in order to maximize her time spent with Ami. She was currently just about to finish her final exercise for the day. Because of this Ami was a slight bit slower to understand the lessons. The sight of her teacher in a form fitting suit that displayed an extremely fit and well muscled body would do that to just about anyone. Juni was oblivious to this of course.

"Ha, Fifty!" Juni quietly cheered herself before executing a perfect flip off of her pull-up bar. She smiled to herself at a stunned looking Ami. She knew she should be careful about showing off, but looks like the one she was getting now made it worth it. Having another person present to show off to also gave her an extra boost of energy to do her daily workout.

"Ready to take a break?" Juni questioned her student, who still looked upon her stunned.

"What? If you've practiced as long as I have you would be able to do that too." Juni gave Ami a quick smile before motioning her over to a side room of the gym. It was a partially stocked kitchenette. The young teacher dug through the fridge for a moment before pulling out two waters.

"Well Ms. Mizuno, are you enjoying yourself so far?" Juni took a few sips of water before she began a long series of cool down stretches.

"I… I never thought I could learn this much so fast." Ami blushed and focused her attention on the floor as Juni performed some rather "interesting" stretches.

"When I finish my cool down, I am going to shower. After that would you like to continue with your language lessons, or do you want to move onto something else?"

"I am enjoying the language studies so far. I would like to continue with that if it is ok with you Asagai-sensei." Ami fidgeted as she pretended not to stare at her teacher's body. Ami had never seen another woman in such detail before. That wasn't what was distracting her though; it was Juni's physic that held her attention.

Juni, due to her frequent training was well toned and very muscular. Ami had never noticed before due to her teacher's wardrobe, which always had long sleeves, or stockings that hid her legs.

"You know, if you wanted to… while we are alone working together, you… you could call me Juni."

Ami was startled out of her musings by her teacher's request. Not only the request, but also the unsure waver in her voice when she voiced it. Ami had never heard even the slightest bit of, not just hesitation, but insecurity from her teacher before.

"But, that would not be proper. You are still my teacher after all."

"Oh… you're right, forget I asked." The insecurity left Juni's gaze, and was replaced by a hint of embarrassment, and possibly rejection. She had stopped stretching when she had first voiced her request to her student. She looked at Ami for a moment longer before she continued.

Ami blushed and fidgeted for a moment before replying to her teacher. "I… I would be happy to call you Juni. But… then, you should call me Ami?"

Exercises once again forgotten Juni turned to look at Ami with a genuine smile gracing her features. "Deal."

Both women looked at each other before both of them blushed and looked away. Juni covered by returning to her exercises. Ami continued blushing and wondering what the heck that was all about.

________________________________________________________________ __

"Thank you, I appreciate all the space you gave me today." Juni spoke in hushed tones, not wanting to answer any questions talking to herself might bring.

::I Influenced all the teaching, even if I wasn't in direct control.::

"Well thanks regardless. I don't know if you realize how much this will help me. I haven't been doing very well recently."

::I have noticed your depression, yes. I just countered it as much as possible.::

"I guess that only works for so long though. I haven't looked forward to tomorrow this much since our first year together." Juni leaned back in her chair, taking a moments break from the monotonous stacks of essays she had her elementary students write.

"It's been quite a ride." A question that she has asked many times before drifted into Juni's mind. Knowing her companion would not answer it she decided to try a different approach.

"You won't tell me if you've ever bonded with any one before. Will you tell me if you have known any of your kin who have done it?"

No reply came from her companion. Juni sighed, not really expecting an answer. For some reason anytime she questioned HER about this subject, she never got an answer. She would either be ignored or her companion would change the subject.

::Yes, I have.::

Hoping for her companion to continue, Juni kept silent.

::She was a lover of mine. We had an argument and didn't see each other for thirty years. I had heard that she had bonded with a human soon after our seperation.::

"What happened to her?"

::She died.::

Again Juni kept silent, hoping for more. This time however her companion was not going to continue. Still, Juni was glad she was able to get that much out of her. SHE had never spoken of her past before. Never mind that she had a lover, and a female one at that. Juni had never seen what her companion looked like, but she knew she was not human. It wasn't long before she found herself wondering what she and her lover were like.

Clearing her head of such thoughts, the young teacher returned to her work. This was the second time that her companion had opened up to her, and she found herself hoping that this would become a trend. Life was confusing when you literally shared it with someone you knew nothing about.

Juni continued to work for another half-hour before she looked up at her clock. "The students should be finished with their test soon. Do you want to feed now?"

Her companion let her answer be known as she took control of her host and flipped a switch under their desk. She then placed her hands into partially hidden cubbyholes where they rested on two copper cylinders. After a moment Juni's body tensed as a jolt of pure energy, the life essence of her students, pored into her. The feeling was one of pure bliss, in a way that all her senses were heightened, all her hungers fulfilled. Then it stopped.

Juni was always careful to retake control and switch off the machine. Her companion was all too fond of "forgetting" to discontinue their feeding. The young teacher was grateful that she was able to do that. More so she thanked the gods that she was able to convince her companion to feed in this way. Instead of the way she assumed they normally fed, which was to pick a random person and drain them dry. If that was the truth then she could imagine that things like vampires could really exist.

As it was they still drained enough from each student to make them a bit tired. A small price to pay for the expert tutelage these students were receiving. That is how Juni's companion got her to see it anyways.

::Miss. Mizuno, will be arriving again soon. Be sure to remember not to treat her differently in front of the other students.::

"I know, I was a teachers pet once and I don't want her to go through that mess."

::I am more concerned with how it would make us look professionally. Keep our ties to her completely separate from the class room.::

"Don't worry, don't mix work with pleasure. I got it."

Juni shook her head, wondering how foolish her companion really thought her to be. Of course she wouldn't combine the two, the only difference between the way she would treat Ami and the other students was the difficulty of the curriculum. That and she wouldn't feed from her. Oh and there was that one thing she wanted to discuss.

Juni smiled as she started to look forward to seeing her pupil again, even if it had only been six hours.

______________________________________________________________

Dear Diary,

I could write about what I learned this week, but I am not. A couple things happened these last few days that I need to work through, so that I might understand myself better. First being the rate in which I am learning English and German.

I am learning everything as soon as Juni (I'll get to that later) explains them to me. That would not normally weird me out, but while repeating phrases and such, I was able to say words that I know I have never heard before. I used the correct ones, Juni told me as much. But, that would be impossible. I told Juni that I had heard them before in old classes or TV or something, but in truth I have no idea how I know these things.

Even stranger than that, I feel like I know more now. It is like every moment that passes I am able to "recall" more. I say recall, because that is what it feels like. I feel like I knew all of this before and had just forgotten. I cannot think of any logical explanation for this. I am too young to be an amnesiac who is remembering these things. The only thing I can possibly think of is reincarnation, and retaining past life memories. I think I will get a few books on the subject, maybe Juni would know a little about it.

Second Is Juni, and my reactions toward her. She went through this incredible exercise routine the first day of my studies. Incredible, because I do not know how many people alive could really pull that off, much less a cram school teacher. She started with a slight warm up, then moved to hundreds of pushups and sit-ups, a half-hour of non stop leg lifts, weight work, and finished with fifty pull-ups, and an Olympic caliber flip off of the bar.

I suppose you could get like that from constant training, but why would she not do something with it? Like joining the Olympics, or being some other type of athlete. Why would she push herself to that level, just to maintain her body? Not that there is anything wrong with that, I obviously enjoyed the end results considering I could not look at anything else that morning.

That brings me to number three. I have never been one to guy watch like other girls, or look at magazines wishing I could change myself to look like the models. Why is it that all of a sudden I start thinking of those things? Especially about a woman, my teacher no less. I would just chuck it all up to fascination, after all when was the last time I have ever seen another person in such detail before? A few times in magazines sure, but never in person.

Plus, Juni is a pretty extraordinary example. Her physique is incredible, no visible fat, just toned muscle. Not an overdone amount either; it gives her a powerfully attractive look. Very deceptive too, she always wears clothes that cover her up. I wonder why she would spend so much time working on her self only to hide it?

Like I said, it would be easy to say I am just fascinated with what she has accomplished with herself. I could say that she sets an example for me and I would like to be able to do that. However, over the last few months I have found that lying to yourself is rather pointless. The truth is I find her attractive, and I am not talking about the type of attraction you feel when you aspire to be like someone. This is the type of attraction one would feel if you "liked" someone. The amount of times I blushed while looking at her could attest to that.

This is something I will have to figure out. I have never been attracted to anyone before, so, I do not know what that means. Maybe I am just figuring it all wrong and I am just envious or something. Oh well, something else to think about.

The last thing I wanted to puzzle through was my teacher's request to call her by her first name. I still do not know, what to think about that. She obviously feels more, at ease I think is the word I am looking for, when I use her first name. She seems to like using mine as well. I know now that Juni is a completely different person out of class than she is while in. I think maybe she might not have any friends (Although I can not see why) and she is trying to reach out to me in that way.

If she indeed wants to be my friend and my teacher, I would be happy. Lets face it; I do not exactly have a line of people who want to spend time with me. It could be ideal too, because she is just as studious and inquisitive as I am. Also, she is still very young for a teacher. I thought she was a lot older but she is only 23!! She treats me with respect too, when she is teaching me we have that mind set of teacher student, but the few times we took breaks she seemed shy around me, and spoke to me in the same manner that someone would an equal.

What a week. If the rest of the summer is going to be even half as interesting, then I find myself looking forward to it! I do not think I have enjoyed life this much in a long, long time.

July 26, 1992

____________________________________________________________

Dear Diary,

Things are going wonderfully!! The summer is passing by faster than ever; I am having so much fun. I do not remember the last time I was not depressed or indifferent about a new day. Now I look forward to every one, despite the strange things I have been learning about myself. Strange, or exciting maybe?

Let me explain. Over the last month I have learned three different languages, and with the exception of an accent I speak them PERFECTLY. Now how weird is that I ask you? Something else I find funny, is that Juni does not seem to think it is weird at all. She makes it seem like it is a totally natural thing. Of course she is helping me to "remember" these languages, and who knows how many she knows herself.

I decided that the rate at which I learn things is because of a past life. That is what I say, but I really do not know for sure. It gives me something to believe at least. I read a bunch about reincarnation and asked Juni a bit about it as well. She was very curious as to why I wanted to know. It was interesting; she did this "thing" she sometimes does whenever we get into deep philosophical or technical discussions. It is as if she is switching on a computer in her mind, because she will know everything about the subject, and show just about the same amount of emotion that a computer would.

That is not completely true. Sometimes she will get a look of interest in her eyes, or appreciation whenever she thinks I made a good point. And whenever I solve something particularly difficult she definitely has a sense of pride about her. I like when I see that, it makes me feel good to make her happy.

Juni is like me in a lot of ways. She loves to learn, she likes a lot of the same music, and she loves a good game of chess. When she was my age she went through much of the same problems that I did, only worse because she grew up in an orphanage. I cannot imagine having to be an outcast among outcasts, and I thought I had it bad. I was pleasantly surprised when Juni would open up and just talk to me. Although that is usually only during the drives to and from my house, and the breaks we take during the day. You know what though? I think those breaks have slowly been getting longer. Not that I am complaining mind you!

I found out recently that I am the ONLY person she has seen outside of work in months. I can tell sometimes that she is/was as lonely as I was. I say was, because all of my free time I spend with her. It is wonderful. I get up in the morning with my mom; we share breakfast and spend a little time together before she goes to work. Juni usually arrives a few minutes before mom leaves, so they get a chance to talk a little too.

I think that is why mom does not mind me spending so much time with her. They seem to get along good, well, I know mom likes her anyways. And she definitely likes the fact that I am learning and showing as much interest in studying as I am. I have impressed her a bit with some of my language progress, but I do not know how she would react to me fluently speaking three new languages in just over a month. I think I will ease her in slowly to a lot of this.

Back to my routine, after mom leaves Juni drives me to the cram school where she starts with her workout. After the first day, she would always make time to take a break just when the sun is about to rise. I like that, we go stand outside for a little while and enjoy the morning. This is the only break that we do not have any discussions.

I have to admit that watching her workout is one of the main highlights of my day. That is very bold of me to say, and I am still a little embarrassed by it. All I am doing is looking, admiring someone who has spent a lot of time perfecting her mind and body. That is what I tell myself anyways. I am still very confused as to what I actually feel when I am watching her. Sometimes I think it may be attraction, others admiration, even once or twice envy. One of these days I will figure it out.

After her workout Juni will take a shower, and recently she started taking me out to breakfast. I LOVE that!! We usually go to the same place and just eat a light meal. The whole time is spent just talking. Sometimes it is getting to know each other stuff, or we discuss current events, we even had a philosophy debate once.

Juni tends to smile a lot when we are just talking. She seems so happy and caring, I really like that about her. At the same time though, it concerns me whenever she becomes "Computer Juni". Not to mention how unnerving it is to watch her at cram school. During that time I swear I do not know her, her personality becomes so cold.

At first she would not show me any recognition at all during class. She would show me the same coldness as everyone else, or she would ignore me. That hurt sometimes, but I know it is necessary. Lately though she will give me a little nod or a pat on the shoulder when no one is watching. It is very casual so I do not think anyone has noticed. I would be really embarrassed if someone did though.

That is how my days are spent, after breakfast we go back to the school and work on various things till eleven or twelve when she drives me home. I usually get caught up on my sleep then, or read until class starts at eight. The only time I do not see Juni is on Sundays. I tend to find those days boring though; I would think it would be nice to have a day off. It is actually quite the opposite though, I find myself just wanting to participate in my normal routine.

Speaking of that, I am dreading when school starts. That is going to be very rough. It is less than a three weeks away too. Ugh!! Juni did say that she was going to take me on a "field trip" before then. I do not have any idea what she meant by that, but I find myself looking forward to whatever it is she has planned.

Well Diary, after all I have written down, I think it is safe to say that this is the best… Juni is the best thing that could have possibly happened to me. I should do something to show my thanks, but what? That is something I will have to think about. In the meantime I have a report I need to have done in a few days, and I should get to working on it. Good-bye for now.

August 18, 1992

______________________________________________________________

"Well, what do you think?" Juni was lounging on her recently purchased bed set. She had become tired of sleeping on the floor, even if her companion preferred it. Juni lie there silently for a few moments growing impatient.

"Well?"

::What?::

"You know what!! Where are we going to take Ami next week?"

::Ah, the "field trip".::

Juni cringed slightly at the acidic sarcasm that dripped from her companion's words. "Y… Yes that's right. Do you have any suggestions or thoughts as to what we should do?"

::What I suggest, is that you be careful. You are allowing yourself to get a little to close to our "pupil".::

"I don't know what you're talking about." Juni's voice lacked conviction as she spoke. Enough so that even she noticed it, and knew her companion would to.

::Of course you do. It is dangerous water that you tread, be careful not to drown.::

Juni waited for more a more scathing comment, or at the very least a scolding. She was more than a little surprised when her companion left it alone.

"You're not angry with me?" Juni had to know, she did not wish her companion to have something festering against her.

::I know what this girl has become to mean to you. It is dangerous to get this close before I have found out her true identity. Our agreement still stands regardless of what your relationship with her is.::

"Relationship?" Juni was now confused. "What are you talking about."

SHE remained silent for a moment before answering, wanting to make sure the right things were said. One wrong word and things that were dangerous to reveal might dawn upon her host. That was something that needed to be avoided. Not that she was against such things, just the time at which they were happening. She wanted to be certain of Ami's origins before she would allow her host to become "better friends" with their student.

The fact that Juni still seemed ignorant to this matter pleased HER. When their agreement was first made Juni was a twenty-year-old waif. Tall and gawky, all book smarts and no experience in anything outside of academics. She was an extremely promising young student with the world in front of her. SHE had her reasons for wanting to bond with a human, had for some time, years in fact. This one was perfect, she was intelligent, pure, and exibited an unparalleled will to learn and live. And her purity, something as simple as that had made their bonding so much more powerful and complete. This is what had allowed them to share a conciousness as opposed to Juni being possessed.

Juni's purity was no longer a concern however. Their bond had become solid after only two years. To HER knowledge she was the only example of any of her kin to have completely bonded to a human. It was something that she took great pride in.

Realizing that HER silence was becoming unnerving to her host SHE hastened to reassure her. ::We will speak of this later. As for my suggestion, I believe she would enjoy a trip to a museum.::

"A museum!! What a great idea, she would love that. But, which one?"

Sucsessfully distracting her host, SHE continued her thoughts before Juni had interrupted them. SHE has spent a great deal of time recently trying to figure out exactly what Ami really was. It was proving difficult, especially since Juni would not let her harvest any energy from their student. Regardless SHE was able to collect a great deal of information on her protégé.

This info has made it possible to narrow down the possibilities of what Ami was to three. The good news for Juni is that all three were acceptable for Juni to retain her memories. The bad news was that one of the possibilities could prove very hostile. First and the leading theory thus far was that Ami was a Fey or in relation to the FairFolk. This would lead to no problems unless Ami just refused to believe it. The next was that Ami was a latent psychic of incredible power. SHE believed that this would be the best out come, seeing that Ami would probably want guidance in her new abilities, and would overlook and be more accepting to whom it was coming from.

Finnaly, the most disturbing possibility, Juni's companion had sensed something familiar in Ami, something she had not sensed for a long, long time. Over two thousand years in fact. Back when the universe was populated and ruled by the benevolent queen Serenity. A time forgotten by everyone, but those who were there. The energy was near identical to that of which certain members of the nine royal households gave off. Three in particular, and even though she was originally born into one of them, none would bare her any good will today.

This of course was next to impossible. SHE however was not foolish enough to dismiss the possibility, stranger things she has seen in her long life. It would probably even be better for her to prepare for this possibility, that way she would be prepared if Ami became hostile. That would prove unfortunate, Juni's memories would most likely need to be altered. On the other hand, If SHE allowed her host to become closer to Ami, the bond the two women would form might be enough to erase any latent hatred a reincarnated being might retain.

Juni's companion continued with her musings as Juni spent the evening reaserching museums. Each lost in their own thoughts, making plans for the weeks to come.

____________________________________________________

Author's note,

::Juni's companions thoughts::

SHE, HER, refers to Juni's companion.

Sorry bout the delay in this chapter. I had family visiting, and then I got to play with the Buster Virus. And certain video games have been occupying my time… heh! Anyways next chapter will be a short one, then I am going to have some real fun. I am really enjoying writing this and I hope you enjoy reading it.

Pinapoe