Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Waking Ami ❯ “Is The Genius Girl A Yoma? Waking Mercury.” ( Chapter 14 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Waking Ami

Chapter 14

"Is The Genius Girl A Yoma? Waking Mercury."

PinaPoe

.

"I have told you not to interrupt me during my experiments. That was part of our agreement." The dark general calmly addressed his intruder, not skipping a beat in his work. The sick scientist was in the middle of dissecting a live human specimen.

An icy chill ran up the spine of Jadeite, freezing his blood and causing him to cut a vital artery to his "patient". The general stood frozen in place as the full presence of his dark mistress was made known to him. ::Was it also not part of our deal that you would build an army and gather enough energy to fully revive me and launch an attack?::

Jadeite barely resisted the urge to shiver at the screeching whisper that tore through his mind. The lady Beryl was not yet fully revived, and had to speak through telepathy. Although, she had no finesse in the art and it felt more akin to a raping of the mind. That was one of the many after affects of being slain by Serenity. That fateful day two thousand years prior, a small part of her survived and slowly gathered it's strength. Now she was only a short distance from achieving flesh and her full powers once again.

::As of now, only half of your part of our agreement is fulfilled. You have yet to gather a significant amount of energy. I am concerned that your "science" is getting in the way of your obligations to me.::

Sweat started to bead on the blonde generals forehead. The constant barrage of mind-talk from his undead queen was threatening to tear his mind in two. Years ago this would have scared him, cowed him to his great lady. Now, now he was much more powerful and his "great lady" was barely a fraction of what she once was.

"Get out of my mind witch!" A pulse of dark energy surged around the dark scientist, successfully expelling Beryl from his mind. Jadeite called upon a great deal of his majicks and energies and turned to face his "master." His eyes widened slightly as he gazed upon his mistress for the first time in two thousand years. Gone was the beautiful and strong vision of royalty. In her place was a desiccated specter, a floating corpse that wasn't even fully corporal.

As powerful as he was, even at full strength the General Jadeite posed little threat to the undead specter before him. He realized this to late as a shrill laughter tore through his mind. It ascended in volume and intensity as his body was lifted into the air and thrown through the ancient granite walls of his castle. The ghastly apparition slowly followed him. It's empty eye sockets started to glow as an eerie green smoke bellowed from it's mouth and nose. Jadeite's scream was heard throughout his palace as his flesh was stripped from his body, his bones broken, and his muscles torn. He was taken to the brink of death, and then fully restored.

Beryl hovered over the collapsed form of her general. ::Do not attempt to defy me again. And, if you continue to fail in your assignment, your punishment will be Much Worse.:: With a deafening screech the apparition vanished.

Beryl took great pleasure in humiliating her general like that. He had always been too arrogant, and now that would be his downfall. His actions made him a liability. The undead queen knew that she would have to contact his replacement. She knew that he would try this eventually, and already had another lined up. He just needed a little convincing.

_______________________________________________________________

"Please try the Sailor V game!" Luna squinted her eyes in annoyance as the video game chirped to life. She felt foolish using a childish arcade game as her means of communicating with her unknown contact, but for now it would have to work..

With unnatural agility the sleek black cat leapt up to the console and placed her paw upon the glowing screen. "Code name 0091. This is Luna." Nearly hissing in frustration, the once proud general of the great Queen Serenity's armies went through a series of ridiculous code phrases to access the hidden communicator.

"Have you found the Moon Princes yet?" Luna's eyes squinted slightly at the question.

"No, I have had no progress in this matter. The One soldier I have managed to find has proven to be quite unreliable. The poor stupid girl doesn't even retain a fraction of her previous incarnations skill or common sense." The feline hissed in aggravation, both at the fact that her charge was hopeless and that she was reduced to discussing her frustrations with a computer screen.

"I see, remember it is your responsibility to find the soldiers and make them battle ready for when you find the princess. Even if that means training them from scratch." The bright screen flashed brightly before the voice continued. "Have you anything else to report?"

"Yes, there have been some minor Yoma incidents which we have dealt with, I have also started feeling traces of a strange new energy." The black cat raised her paw and pressed several unseen buttons on the console screen. An image of a girl in her mid teens appeared on the screen. She had short hair and wore a pair of wire rim glasses, and the same school uniform as her charge. "This is Ami Mizuno. The majority of the new energy spikes have been focused near her."

The console clicked and whirred a few times as it processed the new data. "Data is inconclusive. Until you see evidence that says otherwise it might be best for you to think of her as another Yoma sent by our enemy. Proceed with caution."

The cunning feline quickly shut down the console and left the arcade. As she made her way back to her charges residence, she was already strategizing a plan of attack against this new threat.

____________________________________________________________

"Wow, Ami Mizuno from class five scored the highest in the school again!" This was the phrase most repeated in the tightly packed group of students that gathered around the results for the National Mock Exam Ranking Results.

"As expected, Ami Mizuno's at the top of our class." the comment was made from a short girl with dyed red hair. She was standing off from the crowd with her two friends. One an extremely short pudgy girl, and the other a strange looking girl with long silver hair done up into two long pigtails.

"Not only that, she's the best in the country!" The pudgy girl replied, trying to surprise her friends with her extra piece of knowledge.

Her eyes lit up as her comment got the desired affect. Both of the other girls eyes nearly bugged out in disbelief. "No way! The best in the country?" The surprised girls crowed in unison.

"According to the rumors her IQ is supposedly three hundred." The short girl with the red hair cringed as the class nerd appeared out of nowhere from behind her and butted in on their conversation, as was his habit.

The silver haired girl was used to her other friend's eccentricities and didn't bat an eye at his appearance. "Wow, she really is a genius." She spoke in awe, as her grades were near the worst in her class. To be that smart was unfathomable to her.

The nerdy young man bobbed his head in agreement. "Yes, She should actually be in the ninth grade already, but she had to miss a year of school."

"How do you know all this stuff anyways? And why is it you always appear out of nowhere when we're having a conversation?" The redhead batted at the young man's head in mock annoyance. He laughed nervously and hid behind the girl with the pigtails for protection.

The Girl paid him no mind as her attention was diverted elsewhere. "Oh, look it's Miss Mizuno!" All four friends turned to look at the young genius who just emerged from one of the class rooms. She had a melancholy look to her as she walked over to one of the windows. There she rested her elbows upon the sill as she gazed out into the empty sky.

Ami's thoughts were far from school at the moment. The problem of being discovered by her mother was weighing heavily upon her mind. She had talked with Juni earlier in the morning, When She had met her in the morning before school. Her lover had told her not to worry about it, that they would think of what to do when Ami went to cram that evening. To the friends watching her however, she just appeared to be cold and withdrawn. They had no way of knowing what was really going on in the geniuses life.

"Do you know what the strange thing is? She never had really good grades until she started attending Crystal Cram Academy." The nerdy boy started to think out loud as he and his friends observed Ami.

"Hey, that's that really fancy place right?" The pigtail girl exclaimed before hunching over and continuing the conversation in hushed tones. "My mom told me that it's REALLY expensive."

"I heard that Miss Mizuno's mom is a doctor."

"Yeah, that means they're probably rich, so of course she can afford to attend." The pudgy girl put in her two cents at her red headed friends comment.

The young nerdy boy looked around quickly to make sure that no one was near before motioning for the three girls to huddle around him. Once he was sure he had their complete attention he started to speak in quiet self important tones. "From what I hear, she is attending on a full scholarship. Plus the only reason she got that is because she is having a secret love affair with one of the higher ups at that school."

All three girls gasped at this revelation with one or more comments about perversions and having no shame quickly following. "Well, no wonder she does so good. If you're going to the best cram school in Japan AND being given "special" attention by one of the teachers there how could you not be a genius?"

The short chubby girl chimed in again trying to bring the attention back to herself. "And the worst part is, she rubs it in our face by acting so high and mighty snobbish all the time. She has a bad attitude, and acts like she's better than everybody else. Why, she even skipped afternoon classes a couple weeks ago. If you ask me, I think it was to have a secret rendezvous with her lover. I swear the girl has no shame."

"Oh, I can't stand people like that. Especially if the only reason she's so smart is because she's sucking up to the teachers." The young man and the silver haired girl just nodded and grunted their agreement to their friends comments.

As her friends continued the Mizuno gossip, the silver haired girl turned to spy on the genius. She didn't expect for her eyes to be turning on them at the same time. As their eyes met the pigtailed girl flushed with embarrassment and started to blather out nonsensical comments. Ami just turned away, she had better things to worry about then what her classmates thought of her. After all, their opinion of her didn't matter anymore.

____________________________________________________________

Ami slowly made her way home after school had let out for the day. Her thoughts have been constantly switching between the previous evening, and what she was going to tell her mom to be able to continue her relationship with Juni. It was very possible that her mom would make her quit Crystal, and stop having any contact with Juni all together.

The short haired genius was taking her time walking to the bus. Makoto had taken the day off today, so she wasn't there to meet her. Ami missed the older girls presence and pleasant conversation. At the same time she was happy to have some time alone to sort her thoughts, which were steadily making her more and more depressed. ::Why did this have to happen now? This was supposed to make everything perfect. Last night was so beautiful and now I have to wonder if I'll ever see Juni again.::

Ami's shoulders sagged as she slowly turned into an alley. Hidden eyes locked upon the young genius, tracking her while trying to confirm suspicions, but the girl was still to far to get a good reading. Luna crept from her hiding spot and began to trail the suspected Yoma. Deciding that the direct approach was best, Luna leapt from the fence she was using to parallel Ami to land on her shoulder.

"Oh!!" Ami was frightened from her stupor by a weight landing on her shoulders. She stumbled a few steps before catching herself and turning to see an odd looking cat perched upon her shoulder. "A cat!"

Ami stared at the cat on her back, it's body looked strange, almost as if it was a smaller version of a panther or lion. There was also a crescent moon shaped patch of fur in the center of the cats odd head, which looked to be a mixture of house, and hunting cat. Ami shivered slightly as she had the odd feeling that the cat was studying her. Unsure of what to do the young genius reached out a closed hand to pet the cat. After seeing that it wasn't going to scratch her she opened her hand to gently scratch the feline behind the ears. She marveled at the velvety feel of the fur beneath her fingertips. The cat seemed startled at the touch, but soon began to purr as Ami gently ran her hand up and down it's smooth muscular back.

"Hello kitty. Your fur is so soft, a lot softer than any other cat I've seen." Ami took a seat on a curb in the alley. She continued to pet the small cat as it allowed her to calm her thoughts and focus on something other than her problems. "If we did not live in an apartment we could have a cute cat too. Of course mom's allergies would keep us from getting a pet too, but that is ok."

Luna used this time to scan and try to place the energy that was literally pouring from the girl underneath her. She was surprised when she found herself purring and arching her back into the suspected Yoma's gentle touch. ::What am I doing? I don't have time for this.::

"Luna!" Ami looked up as the silver haired girl she saw that morning rounded the corner and motioned for the cat on her shoulder. The cat abandoned it's perch and leapt into her apparent master's arms. "I'm sorry. Are you all right? Luna didn't uhm do anything to you did she?" The girl looked nervous as her eyes darted back and forth from the cat to Ami. It was almost as if she was surprised that nothing was wrong.

Ami stood and bowed politely to the girl in front of her. "Is she your cat?"

"Yeah, her name is Luna." The girl tentatively reached her hand out, pausing a moment before petting the cat on her shoulder. The cat seemed to tolerate it, but only for a moment. The girl with the pigtails quickly pulled her hand back as the black cat jumped off her shoulders to take a seat at her feet.

Ami knelt down and reached out to pet the cat again, who couldn't resist the affection this girl offered. "She just appeared out of nowhere, I thought she could have been an angel."

"An Angel?" The silver haired girl looked shocked at the comment, and seemed even more so that Luna was allowing herself to be so thoroughly petted. ::She`s really cute. She doesn't seem snobbish at all.::

"You're Mizuno Ami from the 5th class right?" The pigtailed girl bowed and continued introducing herself before Ami had a chance to respond. "I'm Tsukino Usagi from the 1st class. It's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too." Ami rose to her feet to bow again. "Your cat Luna, her name means moon right?"

Usagi smiled and laughed nervously. "As they say, you're a genius. You knew that right away."

Ami started to deny it, but Usagi was busy planning things in her head. ::Hmm, If I can become friends with her she could help me with my studies! Maybe she could even give me some hints and tricks for taking tests.::

Usagi flinched as she felt a scratch at her leg. Ami noticed this and was curious as to why Usagi seemed so nervous as she bent down to allow her cat to perch upon her shoulders. Ami's eyebrows crinkled in confusion as the cat, Luna, leaned in near Usagi's ear and the pigtailed girl's eyes widened in reaction to something the cat did to her.

"Usagi, this girl might be a Yoma. Don't let your guard down." As Luna was perched on Usagi's shoulder, she took the opportunity to warn her charge against the gentle looking girl in front of them.

Ami looked around nervously as Usagi started laughing queerly and mumbled something to her cat, which leapt off her shoulder and ran off. "What happened to make you laugh so suddenly? Are you ok?"

The odd girl looked a bit startled before somewhat collecting herself. "No nothing's wrong. Hey Miss Mizuno, do you like to play video games?" Usagi quickly changed the subject to avoid having to explain her sudden outburst.

"No, I have never tried them before." Ami shook her head no. The young genius didn't quite know what to make of the odd hyper girl in front of her. Something just seemed off about her.

Usagi smiled widely as she reached out to grab Ami's hand. Ami was too confused to do anything but follow as the silver haired girl announced that she would teach her to play. ::Well, at least it will take my mind of things for a little while.:: The young genius let out a sigh as she tried to keep up with the now overly cheerful girl running ahead of her.

_________________________________________________________

The two girls had been at the arcade for a few hours now. When they first arrived Usagi insisted on buying Ami some Ice cream. Ami agreed, but just picked at it. Her mind was still flooded with too many concerns to really enjoy the treat. Usagi tried to get her to talk about it, but this wasn't something that Ami felt comfortable sharing with many people.

After their snack, Usagi introduced Ami to a few games before settling in at her favorite, Sailor V. At first Ami seemed uninterested, but after a few minutes something about the simple game in front of her started to draw her in. She watched as Usagi went through five hundred yen before quitting. "I don't know what happened! Normally I do much better. Hey, why don't you try?"

Ami looked at the machine for a second before deciding it couldn't hurt. The young genius sighed as she looked at her last hundred yen coin before placing it into the machine. The video screen flashed and the game had begun. Right at the start Ami became absorbed in the flashy graphics and repetitive music. But it was more than that, there was something about the hero and villains in the story that seemed familiar to her.

"At the beginning, if you get around five hundred points, then you're doing pretty good." Usagi was excited to see how her shy companion fared at the game that just cost her allowance.

The young genius achieved five hundred points right off the bat, and was quickly on her way to a thousand. Usagi's eyes practically bugged out as she surpassed five thousand. "Wow, you're very good!"

"Really?" Ami asked, although not really paying attention.

As Ami continued to play she started to attract quite a crowd, to which she was completely oblivious. Ami was a natural to the game and had already passed the highest score. Usagi and the dozen or so spectators gawked and awed as the short girl easily reached the final level.

"Hi Usagi. I didn't know you were here." Usagi turned at the sound of her first real crush's voice breaking through the murmur of the crowd. His name was Andrew cook. He came to Japan with his brother who was in the military and married a Japanese woman. Andrew had tagged along and applied for residency when he turned eighteen. Now he was attending collage and working at this café/arcade, which his brother and his wife owned.

Usagi blushed as she took in the foreigner's good looks. She never thought she would be one to fall for a foreigner, but there was just something about him. Of course his tall muscular frame, short blonde hair, and dazzling eyes and smile helped matters quite a bit. "Hi." Was all the reply the blushing teen could formulate.

Andrew, naturally oblivious to such things turned to look at what the crowd was staring at. His jaw dropped as he saw that whomever was playing the "Sailor V" game was battling the hidden final boss. That was a feat he had yet to accomplish, and he worked at the arcade! "Wow, she's fantastic!"

"Yeah she is." Usagi's shoulders slumped as Andrews attention was completely drawn from her and focused on the game machine.

Everyone leaned forward with baited breath as Ami was two hits of the button away from being the first to conquer this insanely hard game. Just as she was about to deliver the final blow, the teen jumped up from her seat and quickly glanced at her watch. "Oh, it is so late." The crowd moaned in frustration as Ami's player was quickly overwhelmed and they were once again denied the ending.

Ami in the meantime struggled to slide her way through the crowd to get to the exit. "I am sorry Miss. Tsukino! Thank you for the ice cream, but I need to get to cram school."

As Ami was nearing the door Usagi caught up to her. "Are you going to be late? I didn't know you had anything planned or I wouldn't have kept you so long. I'm sorry." Usagi was quick to apologize and accept blame. She cringed as she did, almost as if she was expecting a punishment of some sort.

Ami paused and turned to placate the odd girl who had been so nice to her. "You do not need to apologize. I go to cram school everyday."

"You go everyday!!" Usagi nearly shouted, the mere idea of giving up all that free time to study was completely alien to her.

Ami smiled for the first time that day. "Of course. I love to study, it's what I do best. I need to go Miss. Tsukino thank you for everything." With that the young genius turned and quickly made her way to the closest bus stop.

"Bye." Usagi waved after her departing schoolmate. ::Wow, she is like a person from a completely different world.::

"Usagi!"

Said girl's eyes brightened at the sound of Andrew's voice calling her name. "Yes?"

The tall blonde looked around worriedly. "Is your friend gone already? Darn it. I think these books are hers, she left them behind."

Usagi's shoulders slumped. "Oh, is that all you wanted to say?"

"Huh, what was that?"

"Oh! Nothing, nothing!" Usagi blushed furiously, not meaning to have spoken out loud. "I'll take the books to her right now. Heh uhm see ya Andrew." The silver haired girl grabbed the books from her friend and sped off to try and catch the young genius before the bus came. Before she had gotten very far, Luna darted to her side from an alley. Usagi was startled and jumped a bit, before pausing to see what her instructor wanted.

"Usagi, I analyzed a strand of hair that I found on those textbooks. It belonged to a human under Yoma control. That means Miss. Mizuno is indeed working for our enemy."

"What? No way!! Ami's too nice, and how did you get the books anyways?"

"I took them while you were wasting time on video games." Luna gave Usagi a disapproving glare, which caused a shiver to run down the silver haired teens spine.

Usagi's head drooped as she debated on whether or not she should argue with her stern instructor. "Uhm, Luna I know you told me not to question you, but are you sure about Ami? I mean it could have been someone else's hair that was looking at her book right?"

The small black cat glared at her charge causing the girl to flinch back.

"We will follow that girl to her cram school and observe her. If she does anything even remotely suspicious you will attack and kill her. Am I understood?"

"Yes, I understand." Usagi looked miserable as she clutched Ami's books to her chest. The other girl seemed really nice, someone that Usagi would like to be friends with. The girl might be a Yoma though, and Luna always had her kill them whether she wanted to or not.

_______________________________________________________

"Ami, love it's not your fault." Juni kissed Ami's forehead as the teen nestled in her embrace. The two women were entwined together at Juni's desk chair. As soon as class started Juni asked Ami and two other students to her office under the pretense that she was registering them for another national exam. After the other two left Juni locked her office door and remained behind with her girlfriend. Normally very dedicated to work, both Juni and Garoben realized that this was a very delicate situation and they needed to help calm Ami and decide what they were going to do.

"No matter what, your mother would have eventually found out. This won't be a problem, we will find a way to show her that us being together is a good thing."

Ami smiled slightly through her tears as she nestled her head into her lover's shoulder. Knowing that Juni was going to try and keep their relationship going rather then trying to be apologetic for it was a relief. "Why did it happen last night, everything was so perfect and then she had to ruin it all."

"She didn't ruin it love. Last night was beautiful. There is nothing that your mother can say or do that will change what we shared, or how I feel about you." Juni tilted Ami's head away from her shoulder and gently removed the tears from her lovers face. "You don't need to cry, everything is going to work out."

Ami blinked back a few more tears as she tried to return the feeling of confidence that Juni was showing her. "Promise?"

"I promise, everything will be alright." Juni answered without doubt or hesitation. She had found someone to share her eternity with, and she was not about to let her be torn away from her.

Juni never really initiated many kisses with her girlfriend, she preferred to let her determine the pace of the physical part of their relationship. Right then at that moment, Ami really looked like she needed a show of comfort and reassurance. The ageless teacher leaned down to kiss her lover. Her kiss was filled with comfort and understanding, she used it to try and convey physically what she couldn't with words. Ami could feel it, and responded in kind thanking her lover for being their with her.

The kiss lasted longer than any they had previously shared, and after breaking for a breath it extended into a series of even more. Knowing that they were at school didn't seem to matter anymore, as the two women were soon swept away in each other. Garoben had half a mind to stop what they were doing, but she too was enjoying the raw emotion and feeling being exchanged between Ami and her host.

Juni gasped as she felt Ami's hands struggling to undo the buttons on her blouse. The older women felt then that she should stop, but another searing kiss from Ami wiped any traces of that thought from her mind. Instead Juni rose from her seat, lifting Ami and placing her on her desk. As soon as she was seated, Ami managed to push off Juni's blazer and pull the taller woman down on top of her.

Juni and Ami were both so caught up in each other, that neither of them noticed the subtle shift of energy around them. If they even thought about it, they would have rationalized that the extra heat as coming from them. Only Garoben noticed that when Juni fell onto the desk with Ami, her foot nudged the lever which activated their energy feeding mechanism. The ancient demon didn't say anything, this was a rare opportunity to eat her fill. She just rationalized that she would not extract as much for Jadeite's disk as she normally would.

She meant to stop, she really did. She had every intention on turning off the machine when she was full, but once the pure energy started flowing throughout her she couldn't. Like a drug, it had her addicted and she could not let go. It was at this point that Juni realized something was wrong. It was much too late however, and now all that was left were the consequences.

"Juni, Juni something's wrong. I…"

Juni's eyes went wide as saucers when she finally understood what was happening. "What… Oh MY GOD! Garoben what have you done!!"

"Juni, my body feels like it's… Juni, whaT'S HAPPENING TO ME!!!" Juni was reaching to disengage the energy machine when Ami's scream caused her to turn. The scene unfolding in front of her caused the color instantly drained from her face. It was happening again, and this time she couldn't stop it.

"What have I done?"

_______________________________________________________________

"Here it is, the Crystal Academy." Usagi stopped in front of the academy gates trying to catch her breath. "Now what, how are we going to… Luna what is it?"

The small panther like cat stood stock still for a moment as waves of human energy began to flood her senses. "Usagi transform now!"

"Yes!" Usagi answered without hesitation. She questioned her mentor previously, but that was not during a battle. Usagi had learned the hard way not to question the former general during a fight.

The silver haired girl ripped the brooch from her school uniform and lifted it toward the sky. "Moon prism power make up!" As Usagi shouted her transformation phrase a blinding light enveloped her. The light stripped her of her clothing and formed into her battle uniform. When the light had cleared the champion of love and justice, Sailor Moon had arrived.

"Sailor Moon, follow me!" Luna instructed her warrior as she slipped through the bars of the gate and ran toward the schools entrance. Sailor Moon easily followed her mentors lead by leaping over the eight foot tall gate. Her landing lacked finesse, but she quickly steadied herself and continued to trail the unnaturally quick cat.

The transformed warrior paused at the miniature panther like cat's side at the entrance to the Crystal Academy. "Luna, what do you sense?"

"Proceed with caution, and speed. There is a major energy drain in progress. If you take to long you will be affected as well." Luna took a breath as she peered further into the building with her own alien abilities. "There is someone unconscious next to the entrance, probably a security guard. Wait here while I examine him, then we'll have a better idea of what we are facing."

Sailor Moon's eyes followed her feline mentor as she sped into the building. ::This could all just be a coincidence. Ami just can't be a Yoma. But, if Luna gets there first she'll make me kill her.:: Silver hair shook as Sailor Moon prepared for what she knew was going to get her punished.

Luna was still engrossed in her examination of the drained guard when she felt something speed past her. The cat spun around but didn't see anything. She turned back to continue her work, but quickly abandoned it and sped upstairs as she realized that what she felt was probably her charge doing something very stupid. ::Foolish girl, Ami is a demon. Rushing in like this will only get you killed. And if it doesn't then you will have to answer to me!::

The door to the nearest classroom burst open as sailor moon charged in looking for Ami or the Yoma. The room was filled with students slumped over their desks, unconscious and fading fast. The transformed warrior burst into three other rooms with similar sights, but had yet to locate her friend. Luna, who was trying to follow was reacting badly to the energy drain the closer she got to it's source. The black cat struggled for each step, but kept pushing forward.

::CRASH::

Sailor Moon was just about to break into another room when she heard a startled yell and the sound of someone crunching into something. Her heart began to hammer in her chest as she turned to where the sound emanated. No matter how many Yoma she fought and killed she always got scared. All this fighting just wasn't in her nature. Sailor Moon steeled her nerves, this time it wasn't just about her. A friend could be in trouble, and she was going to save her.

*******

"Hikawa Temple, what can I do for you today?"

"Oh granddaughter! It is wonderful to hear from you. Wait until I tell you all about my new friends and exciting guests. Wait, what was that?"

"You're sure? Ok, I will go find her. Take care granddaughter I will see you next month."

"Grandpa Hino, are you alright?" Fiore turned to the old man who had just hung up the phone.

The short old man hopped down from the box he was standing on and turned to leave the small gift shop. "I have an errand I need to run, I will be gone for a few hours so you will need to close everything up. Get Makoto to help you if you need to."

Fiore wanted to say more, but hesitated. The old man seemed different somehow, like he was on edge about something. Whoever was on the phone must have really shook him up. "Uhm, sure don't worry about a thing." Fiore's eyes suddenly widened and he dropped the small knickknack he was cleaning.

Grandpa Hino also paused and spun around at the sound of the dropping collectable. The old mans eyes narrowed at his employee, before he turned and left without a word. ::So you felt it too. That was a powerful energy surge. It appears that the young Lady Mercury has awakened. And if what my granddaughter says is true, then she is in dire trouble.::

The old man ran out a back entrance to the temple and found a hidden sewer duct. He had hidden this in the event that he needed to flee his temple. It also served as easy access to much of the city, and in this case the Lady Garoben's school. The old man patted himself on the back for plotting out the routes to both Garoben's and Ami's residences when he first met the pair. The old man pulled the heavy lid off the entrance and slid into the sewers, before tearing off at speeds that were way beyond what human's could achieve.

*****

Jadeite still lay on the ground where his Mistress left him earlier. He would be paralyzed for another few hours as his system recovered from the shock it endured. When the energy spike hit him he became angry. He had felt it before and wanted to study it, and this time it was much more powerful. The crippled General cursed Lady Beryl for this lost opportunity. ::I foolishly underestimated you THIS time my lady. Next time, I WILL be prepared.::

******

Ayanee Mizuno sat at her dinning room table nursing her fifth cup of coffee. She was nervous, unsure, and angry. Ami was supposed to be home in less than an hour, and Asagai-sensei was going to be with her. Ayanee had mixed feelings about all of this. Her daughter and her teacher were in a romantic relationship and that was wrong, right? ::Asagai-sensei must have taken advantage. No, I have never seen Ami happier than she is now. But, their relationship isn't right. Ami is to young, and the woman is her teacher! I don't know what to do.::

Ayanee groaned in frustration. She was not only confused, but exhausted as well. She had been up the previous night waiting for Ami to get home, and when she finally did she went to see Umi for the hour before work started. The exhausted woman rose from her seat to get yet another cup of the only thing keeping her awake.

She watched as the murky brown liquid poured into her mug, not really seeing it. Just as she finished topping it off, Ayanee was hit with a sudden force. Her eyes widened in agony and confusion as her whole body became alit in pain. The coffee pot and mug slipped from her fingers and crashed to the floor. Ayanee grabbed her head in a futile attempt to stop the growing pain.

A tearing sound reverberated through the apartment and Ayanee vaguely noted that it was her clothes tearing off of her increasingly growing body. Taking a step to steady herself Ayanee inadvertently stepped on a piece of the shattered coffee pot. The pain startled her and she jumped back, slamming her head into an opened cabinet door. That distorted her balance enough that she slipped in the coffee mess and hit her head on the side of the counter. The last thing to register to the elder Mizuno, was that her daughter was in danger.

******

Sailor Moon paused outside the door she heard the thump. Her heart had not stopped raging, and she had to struggle to calm down. Once she was centered the young warrior burst in to the room. She didn't know what she expected to see, anything but what she did. "Oh Miss. Mizuno why? I TRUSTED YOU!!!"

Ami stood, or rather she floated in the center of the room. A pale blue light bathed her body. The young genius's skin had turned pure white, and her hair a beautiful bright blue. Her eyes also glowed the same shade as her hair, but the light from that was nothing compared to the symbol burning into her forehead. Etched in a yellow flame and outlined in a green glow, it looked like a small heart with a cross extending from the bottom and horns sprouting from the top.

Sailor Moon's eyes hardened as she quickly scanned the room, noting the body of what looked to be Ami's teacher smashed in the center of a crushed desk. "I trusted you Ami, and you were a monster the whole time!" Sailor Moon quickly wiped the tears from her face and smoothly removed the tiara that decorated her head. "You have terrorized this teacher and her students enough. I am Sailor Moon, and in the name of the moon all evil will be punished. And that means you."

"Moon…" Just as sailor Moon began the words of her attack phrase everything seemed to slow as everything started to happen at once.

Luna had finally caught up to her soldier, her eyes widening in shock at what she saw in front of her. "Sailor moon!!"

Juni shook her head to clear the fuzz from being knocked out. She gazed in awe at Ami, until she noticed the other woman in the room. Her blood ran cold as she realized who she was and what she intended to do. Struggling out of the desks wreckage, Juni tried to cry out. "Stop! I'm the one, it's me!!"

"Frisbee…" Sailor Moon was already focused on her target and had blocked out all other distractions.

Luna leapt at her soldier trying to prevent the death of another. "Stop your attack! She's not a Yoma!"

Juni also seeing that her words had no affect did the only thing she could.

"GO!!!" The tiara spun from Sailor Moon's hand becoming a deadly weapon. A split second later and disaster would have been averted. Luna slammed into the silver haired warrior clawing her side and taking her to the ground. Ami's eyes regained focus as the glowing dimmed. She couldn't comprehend what the gold disk hurtling toward her was.

::THUNK::

Ami's eyes widened as she let out a startled cry. "JUNI!!"

The teacher crashed into Ami throwing both of them to the ground. "Juni, Juni what's wrong, what happened." Ami was panicking, she had no memory of what happened. All she knew was that Juni was resting on top of her with a pained look and tears streaming from her eyes.

Ami was about to say more when Juni's hand upon her lips stopped her. "Ami… Ami, love I am so sorry. I'm sorry I never told you what." Juni coughed suddenly and Ami fought back a startled cry as blood started to drip from her lover's mouth. "Don't be scared, she loves you too. I… I love you my Ami…"

Ami's eyes flooded with tears as Juni 's became sightless. Ami reached out a trembling hand to touch her lover. "Juni? Juni please answer me!" Ami's hand quickly pulled back as her lover began to change. The weight on Ami's body increased tenfold and the breath was forced from her body. Juni's once creamy skin turned leathery and darkened to a deep red color. Sight returned to eyes that became silted and hard, and her beautiful hair became wicked looking quills.

A scream nearly tore from the young genius's throat, but stopped when she noticed the creature's eyes. "Com… Computer Juni?" Ami put her trembling hand on the red monster's cheek. The Demon nodded gently and a hand four times the size of her own covered Ami's hand and gently removed it from her cheek.

"Sleep." Garoben waved a hand in front of Ami's face and the young genius instantly fell into a deep slumber. Quickly rising to her feet the seven foot tall demon turned to face her killer. Sailor Moon had just now risen to her feet and was clutching the deep slash on her right forearm. She let out a startled yelp as Garoben let loose an energy pulse which sent the warrior and her feline guardian flying from the room and crashing through a wall in the adjacent hall.

Garoben quickly kneeled and scooped up her now blue haired lover. She spared a second to place a kiss on the slumbering girls head before running from the room. Sailor Moon jumped up as she saw the large demon pick up Ami and charge down the hall. The silver haired warrior was in immediate pursuit, but was stopped cold, as swarms of mind controlled students poured from the surrounding rooms to block her pursuit. "Ami!!" Usagi cried out as she tried unsuccessfully to slip past the wall of flesh.

The seven foot tall demon tore through the halls and leapt down whole flights of stairs, the entire time making sure that her precious bundle was safe. Garoben quickly made her way to her private gym, where she kicked over her largest exercise machine. Underneath was an out of place rug which she quickly flung aside to reveal a hidden door. A short burst of energy shot from her and she faltered before the door struggled open. She quickly jumped in before it slammed shut once again.

The demon barked out in pain as she landed on her feet from the ten foot drop. The shock of the landing caused her wound to become even worse. The demon knew there wasn't much time left, so she took off running down one of the many tunnels of the sewer

_____________________________________________________________

Step after step, each harder and more excruciating than the last. Garoben ran for over three miles before reaching a magically hidden door etched on the side of the sewer wall. The exhausted demon chanted a few words, opening the arcane door. Struggling inside she stumbled into the elegantly furnished room. The room was actually not even of earth, like the hidden closet behind her bookshelf it was an entrance to her home in the Dark Kingdom. This was the only place the ancient demon knew was completely safe. There were so many centuries worth of wards and spells surrounding this place that not even Beryl herself could find them here.

The demon slowly limped to her large canopy bed. Once there she gently placed her lover in the center and broke the sleeping spell. All the over exertion finally caught up to her and the large demon collapsed next to the awakening girl. Ami was instantly fully awake and at her side. "Computer Juni! Are, are you alright?"

There was no response and Ami made her way to the Demon's head which she placed in her lap. With tears flowing freely from her eyes the blue haired genius slowly reached out her hand to check for a breath. She practically cried out in relief when she felt hot air blown against her palm. "Ami?" A calm struggled gasp reached the worried girls ears.

"Ami, I'm sorry for all this. I never meant for you to get caught up in it all. Please forgive me… I should have never, I should have…" A loud hacking cough tore through the large demon, shaking the bed and terrifying the girl who held her.

"Computer Juni, can I speak to Juni again please?" Ami timidly asked the question, afraid of the answer.

The large demon frowned, then sighed as she looked into her loves eyes. "Close your eyes and concentrate." Ami looked confused as she complied. The demon Garoben reached up and placed both her hands on Ami's head. With the last of her energy the large demon cast two spells, and opened a small hole in the dam she created to block Ami's memories. "Ami, you are going to start remembering things, things that seem, like a dream, but they're not." The Demon coughed again and sucked in a wheezing breath. Hino… Hino can help explain them, but be careful on how much you trust him." The Demon's hands fell from Ami's face as the last of her energy began to fade away. "Open your eyes love."

Ami's eyes shot open at the sound of Juni's voice. "Juni.." Ami spoke in a trembling voice and reached out to run her fingers through her lover's hair. The young genius began to sob as she felt the coarseness of the disguised quills. Juni was already gone, and Computer Juni had used the last of her energy to comfort her.

"Ami, I can't see you anymore." Garoben spoke in Juni's voice as she blindly raised her hand. Ami cried harder as she placed her small hand in Juni's. "I love you Ami. You are the best thing that ever happened in our life, I'll always remember you."

Ami reached down and placed a final kiss upon her lover's lips. She knew it was really Garoben beneath her, but she allowed the demon's Illusion to comfort her and give her the opportunity to say goodbye. Ami leaned down to kiss her love, filling it with all her love, hopes, and dreams. Ami held the kiss until she could no longer feel the lips beneath her. Ami's eyes flew open in shock as she saw her lovers body become translucent and begin to fade away. She cried out in despair as her arms slipped though the small bubbles of light that faded away in front of her.

When the last of the light had vanished Ami sat there on the bed, huddled in her own embrace. Her face was awash in tears as silent sobs wracked her body. All her life she wanted to belong, wanted friends and someday even love. In the last several months she had found all of those things. She found her first love Juni Asagai, and now she was gone.

"NNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

______________________________________________________________< /div>

Author's notes::

To say this was one of the hardest things I have had to write would be an understatement. I want to say more, but I will save that for the epilog. The next chpt. Is the last, and the epilog will follow that. If you review anything of mine, PLEASE leave a review for this chpt. I need to know what you though of it. Thank you everyone.

PinaPoe

:::Notes thoughts, Beryl's, or Garoben's speech::

Most of this chpt. Was expanded from Episode 8 of sailor moon.

Questions? Comments? You can reach me at poepah@yahoo.com

Next chapter 15 Picking Up The Pieces Of My Life.