Suikoden Fan Fiction ❯ Suikoden: Marriage Prospects ❯ Chris ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chris Lightfellow, Tenbi star.



Aka: White hero, Silver maiden, Knight, Captain of Six mighty Zexen Knights.

Looks: Reputedly the most wondrously fair maiden in the grassland, but then video game characters always was overrated. She's beautiful nonetheless, with clear blue eyes, long silver hair, pale skin, rosy cheeks, and a, how you say, well-endowed figure. Think silver haired Snow White, but with armor and bigger assets. She's 22, and judging the true water or true fire rune she had, she'll still be alive in a few hundred years, but who cares? You'll be dead by then anyway.

Smarts: To quote Estella: "You're so gullible! Ha ha ha!" She might be a bit of a ditz, truth be told. After all, she's the only one who believes there are two karayans inside Fubar and Sgt. Joe is a ventriloquist. But you're not marrying her for her brains, are you?

Personality: Very straight to the point. When she meets Jimba in Iksay and he mentions something about her dad, she pulls out her sword and gets ready to chop him down. She's so willing to do anything the Zexen council says, even when she knows it's wrong and that they may be manipulating her for their own plans. Beware, she easily gets pissed off and can get very obedient.

Cooking: Since she came from an aristocrat family, don't expect her to cook. But don't worry, her butler will do it for you.

Fighting Skills: A very surprising strong point. Chris has great offense and defense stats, but she's kinda slow and has the worst magic stat among the Flame Champion candidates.

Special Abilities: Cause men to rage at will, and give the Zexen knights an inferiority complex by being a better fighter than them. This is one lady you don't want to piss off.

Competition: Hoo boy, you're really in for it in this category. There are: Borus, Percival, Leo, Melville, Louis, Kidd, Fred Maximillian, Nash, Gordon and almost every straight-male Budehuc castle occupants who is not a Karayan or an animal. That's in the game and about a million crazed fangirls and fanboys in real life. There are so many rivals, especially Borus, he'll kill you for so much as looking at his Lady Chris the wrong way. He's madly in love with her. Repeat: MADLY in love with her. Obsessive, really. Woe betides the poor fool who angers or hurts Lady Chris, because Borus will cut him down with his sword... yeah, there's no good solution for this.

In-Laws: Wyatt (Jimba of Karaya) and Anna Lightfellow, both of them are rest in peace. But you should note that if Chris is not the Flame Champion, she'll inherit the true water rune, along with her daddy's and Yun's soul inside it. One day he might jump out of the rune to choke you to dead if you make his little girl cry. Luce might also be considered her extended family. Well, Luce is Jimba's godmother, which means Chris is Luce's granddaughter. Since Chris killed Lulu, who is Luce's younger son and technically Chris' uncle, I think Luce won't give a damn even if you don't invite her to the wedding.

Economics: Chris isn't a princess, but you can bet she lives almost like one. She stays in a nice mansion at Vinay del Zexay, and start the game with a beautiful 200.000 potch in her money pouch.

Sex: I suspect it will be more spiritual than anything. As in, you won't be getting too much of it. Chris is too chaste to really care about sex, I imagine. Her entire face turned red when Lucia whispered to her, "If you want to have children of your own one day, you must show weakness sometimes as well as strength." (Maybe she doesn't wanna show any weakness? Heck, 60 hours of playtime, and the only thing she ever exposed is only from neck to above.) Though if you're anything like Borus and Percival, you might get some fairly interesting wet dreams. The poor guys obviously haven't been getting any.

Other: From Kidd's inquiry: "As a student, she was in the chapel choir. But she was utterly tone deaf! She quit soon after." Don't expect her to sing in your wedding day. Another: "She had a fight with Lilly at the Zexen Federation Day Ball. They hurled wine, slapped each other, and threw tables. After all that, they became friends! Frightening, huh?"

Overall: You might want to set your sights a little lower, buddy. If she even bothers to acknowledge you, it'll be to tell you that she's already taken. And if you do manage to nab her, do you really want to live with the risky knowledge that she's a full fledged knight who might slash you to dead if you suddenly come charging at her?