Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Love Isn't a Game ❯ I Wonder... ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Isn't A Game Chapter 1 - I Wonder

By: Jonathan Placido

A young boy walked out of his house across the grass about fifty feet to a glimmering moonlit lake. It was ten o' clock at night and he wondered. As Tenchi glared at the sky, he asked "Why did you do this to me god? Do you have that much faith in me that I'm able to take care of these women alone with my grandpa? Are my feelings for Aeka really what's becoming of me?"

At the same time, however ironic, a girl also thought, "Why do I feel this way? Do I have a chance with him? He seems to feel for me, so why doesn't he ask me to…?". Ryoko, on her spot on the top of the roof, had a sad look on her face wondering if her tomboyish temperament could possibly compete against Aeka's perfect posture and beauty. She had to admit the fact that Aeka had the power to take in any boy down with her innocent stare.

"Why do I feel this way? Am I not to be attracted to the opposite sex? Instead, I'm falling for a most unlikely partner… does Ryoko even like me?" wondered a worried Aeka. Her feelings were twisted between two people. It was hard to believe a princess could fall for a woman. However, a bond between her love for Tenchi was more clasped by a vice than the rope that bonded her emotion of love to Ryoko. Her prayers wouldn't be answered any sooner than within the next two hours. It wasn't fair. Why did it have to be between two people than a woman and a man? She made her way back through the living room to Sasami's room. Sasami and Aeka slept in the same room. Carefully taking the covers to her bed, she pulled them over, turned off the light, and lightly kissed her sister next to her on the floor.

Tenchi's black uniform made him invisible to the moon. His shoes scraped back inside the house thinking of homework. However, past the room to the left of the entrance, Yosho, who was sitting on the floor drinking tea on the coffee table, back faced to Tenchi, makes a gesture.

"Tenchi? You seem upset. Is something bothering you?" asked Yosho, who only sensed his presence. Tenchi stopped in his tracks.

"Argh, I just can't pass by without you noticing huh? Ha!" cried out Tenchi, aware of Yosho's power.

"In time, you too will harness the power of Jurai like a samurai who wields his sword. And your decision of women shall choose the right path."

"Huh?" asked Tenchi to himself.

"I will go back to the temple now. Your father left you noodles in the kitchen and tea in the fridge," said Yosho.

"Wha- at THIS time of night?!" cried out Tenchi.

"Yes, at this time of night."

"Oh brother…"

Needless to say, Yosho knew everything going on in Tenchi's head. A Jurain's power can take him deep into the minds of people. Harnessing this power is the decision of the Jurain.

Tenchi went into the tiled kitchen. Noticing once again, the pots had been cleaned, the floor had been swept and the cabinets in a fashionable order. Sasami really has done the greatest service in her stumbling onto the house. Tenchi's solemn look was still on as he took the soup and ate it. After cleaning up his sticks, he went up the oak stairs just in front of the entrance. The railing looks as if it had been freshly polished. He stepped into Sasami's room sitting next to her bed on the floor. Sasami's bright blue hair had been put down.

"She's so pretty," thought Tenchi, "She must be proud to have a sister as pretty as her."

Then he saw Aeka. Her head peeking out of the covers on the floor next to Sasami. She was so adorable in her sleep. Her face glittered with sweat in the moonlight that shone through the window five feet above her head. It seemed that the moonlight also adored her fair skin lighting it with a passion. She was sweet. So sweet, and cute. Tenchi's eyes grew to a loving look as he noticed that Aeka was smiling about something… whispering something… "Ten-chi". She spoke her name in a mere whisper, but it was enough for Tenchi. He carefully stepped out of the room and closed the door. He made his way towards His room and crossed Ryoko's. She wasn't in her room. Figures, always on the roof. So Tenchi climbed up into the attic and opened the hatch leading to the roof. He could see the lake once more from the top of the roof. He used his butt to cross the main beam and he sat on the roof. He could see everything now. The forest behind his house, the lake with a full moon dead center, and Ryoko, at the end of the beam, looking towards the sky with a sad look on her face.

"Hey, you should get some rest Ryoko, it's nearly ten thirty," urged Tenchi. Ryoko just sat there.

"Have you seen a full moon like this?" asked Ryoko.

"What?"

"Have you?"

"Hmm…" Tenchi looked at the moon, "nope, it seems a bit more… romantic tonight… hey, what are you implying?"

"Ha ha, umm, nothing."

"Up to your little tricks again, I see."

"Oh, come on, seriously, what's on your mind? There's something wrong with that solemn face," Ryoko was looking at Tenchi now. The boy was troubled with a decision.

"I… I… I want to… marry… Aeka."

Ryoko was shocked. She and Tenchi had so much together. It was improbable. Hell, even Impossible! It can't be true… Tenchi, and Aeka?

"Oh, Oh! I see, uhm… well, then I have something to tell you if you're… sure… about your love for her."

"Huh? Yeah, I'm sure, what's going on Ryoko?"

"I love you Tenchi."

"Yeah, I hear that every day…"

"NO I MEAN I LOVE YOU!!!"

Tenchi was shocked. Her eyes truly meant love this time. A lot of the time she was just playing, but now it was the truth. He saw it in her eyes. And he thought it was just a simple gesture.

End Chapter 1

*********************************************************

More to come next chapter! Find out what happens when Tenchi says I love you a second time!