Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Grapes and Flowers ❯ Duel...AGAIN! ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Once again, Utena, Anthy and Budoo stood beneath the inverted castle. Budoo was feeling quite anxious. If she doesn't beat me, Utena and I will have to duel again.... Anthy.... Anthy came toward her holding the gray rose. & "Yes, Miss Budoo?"
"I've enjoyed our time together," she said in a low voice. "I hope we'll be getting you and Miss Utena back together. I hope that's what you would like. Maybe I can still help you with the roses some times?& "Yes Miss Budoo, as you like."
"Wonderful. " Anthy put the rose into her pocket. ("Thank you.") "I'll keep it with the others and we can make the stem clippings together, like we learned at the Garden, if that's what you'd like,."
"That would be fine, Miss Budoo."
"Will you say that after I lose," she whispered mournfully. She dropped her gaze, Anthy hadn't heard.
But she had. Anthy was surprised. She'd never seen Budoo unhappy. She said nothing, but left to give Utena her rose.
She returned to Budoo and called the Sword of Dios. The hilt appeared and Budoo carefully pulled the sword from her. A living sheath. I will miss you. Such a little while and Budoo had become so fond of Anthy. (Budoo's pet turtle Budoo turned her attention now to the Duel and the Blade of Dios she'd retrieved. The Sword felt lifeless in her had. Good. Her eyes fixed on the white rose, she stepped towards Utena. Dios must want Utena ; he's not helping me a Budoo gripped the Sword with both hands beside each other instead of on top of each other, making for a strong but awkward cut. Utena blocked the stroke quickly. She reeled backward with its tremendous force.
Budoo tried to take advantage of this; she lifted her arms above her head to slash diagonally (she was very harsh with out the mellowing Plain Sword.) Utena just stepped in, held her sword so that the blade shielded her arm, and stopped the blow; simult Angry, Utena brashly jumped at Budoo, bringing her fist around to smash the rose. Budoo knelt, meaning to protect her head with her sword, but caught Utena's fist with the side of her face.
Budoo fell over onto the ground clumsily and, though upset over hitting her comrade, Utena stamped on Budoo's rose.
"Are you okay?" Utena yelled.
"Yes," Budoo breathed, "and relieved."