Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Escaflowne: Breach of Faith ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Vision of Escaflowne: Breach of Faith
Part 3
By: Amataru Arcus
Romance/Angst
Warnings: I do not own Escaflowne or the characters. I just use them in the way I want. If you don't like the way I use `em, tell me. I'll take it into thought. I cannot spell. You have been warned.
Author Note: This takes place thirteen years after the last episode. If you haven't watched the whole series, I warn you there are spoilers. I suggest watching them all first, or at least learning what happens in the end. Read, Respond, and Enjoy!!
_____________________________

A soft knock came from the door Hitomi currently resided in. She jumped off her four post bed and opened it surprised to see it was Alan. "Oh, Alan," she held the door open as he entered. "Hi."
"You seem disappointed," he smiled and the soft glow of the candle light chandelier glistened off of his long blond hair. Hitomi remembered why she had been infatuated so many years ago.
"Oh no! I'm glad it's you, Alan. It's better then a jealous lover come for my head." "But not as glad as you would be if it where Van." he winked.
"...No..." Hitomi blushed and wrung out her hands.
Alan seeing how anxious she was placed a hand on her fumbling hands and looked into her eyes. "He still loves you Hitomi. It's just that he's in a difficult position. Give him time. He'll come around."
"Thank you Alan," and all her doubt where washed away with his one simple smile.
"She's no match for you. Van will come back to you after he has cleared everything up with her. Don't worry, he was just surprised to see you today. He's senses will return."
"I know. Ano... Alan..." she began to feel her body taking control again and gripped at her dress.
"You're a sister to me, Hitomi," knowing the question even before she finished.
"Alan, have you found out what happened to your sister?"
He was taken aback. "You didn't know?"
"Know... what?" old suspicions and dreams of the two being distant relatives bubbled back into her mind.
"Dilandau... He was my sister-"
Hitomi gasped, "Dilandau?!"
"The sorcerers experimented with fate transforming Celena into a boy. She showed up on my door step one night... Right after you left the first time actually... And I knew it was her. She transformed in front of me... I thought it might have been a doplganger but... Folken told me that they kidnapped children for their experiments. " Alan looked away trying to remember a forgotten memory. "She couldn't survive with out the sorcerer's magic or medication. So she... drove her self insane going back and forth between two persons... She killed her self ten years ago."
"I'm sorry Alan! I didn't realize..." she now placed her hands returning the favor.
Alan smiled politely, "Don't be. It's not your fault and I know it's not my fault either. I do, though, blame Zaibach and the sorcerers." he looked deep into Hitomi's watering eyes. "You've grown into a beautiful, and intelligent, woman Hitomi," he leaned forward and kissed her forehead.
"T-thank you."
"Van sees it too. Jennifer has nothing on you," he winked and headed towards the door, "Well, I'll be seeing you ma' Lady Hitomi," he bowed his head and left.
Hitomi sighed heavily, "So much has happened here. Life moved on with out me. And yet my life has been on pause since I left..." she dragged her feet to the window perch and peered out and onto the sleeping Fanelia. It was quiet, as it was near mid-night. She looked at her watch habitually and it was blank. "You're about as confused as I am Mr. Watch," she shook her wrist as if that would get the digital watch started.
"Who ya' talkin' too?" Hitomi jumped as Merle came up behind her.
"No one... Just an object."
"That's what the third time you've died, ne?" Merle said with a touch of sarcasm in her voice.
"Yes, I think. And I hope not to make it a habit."
"Me too. You `bout near stopped Van and I's heart!" she joined her on the perch and looked out. "Does it look different?"
"Yes. It looks great. You and Van worked hard."
Van did most of the work. I just made sure everyone was doing their part. It's still being built you know. It will take forever to get it back to the way it was. A lot of people just moved to a new country. Fanelia isn't as politically powerful as it was."
"But you've got Esca-"
"Sh!!" Merle covered Hitomi's mouth, "It disappeared right after you did." Merle winked and Hitomi understood. "So, how ya' gonna stop the wedding??" Merle's eyes got wider with curiosity.
"I'm not."
"NANI??!!" Merle jumped to her feet and screeched.
"If he wants to marry Jennifer, I'm not going to stop him. Jennifer seems to really love him-"
"HAH!"
"What's so funny?" Hitomi protested.
"Hearing you talk like this. You love Van-sama, ne?" Hitomi nodded slowly. "Well he loves you too." Hitomi started to shaker her head but Merle kept talking, "When he was trying to revive you he kept repeating how much he loved you and needed you! He just doesn't think you still love him!! Just tell him you still do! AHA!" she jumped up and down. "Go to Folken-sama!!"
"Eh?!"
"Wait there and I'll send Van-sama after!" she started pouncing towards the door singing.
"Wait Merle, what do you mean `Folken-sama'?"
"His grave silly!!" as she disappeared from the doorway.
"Great..." `she rested her elbows on her knees and cradled her head. She couldn't help but smile. Everyone was ruiting for her.
Jennifer's burning red eyes flashes before her-
//"Getting married tomorrow!"//
Hitomi sighed a long desperate sigh. Even if she got Van back... What would Jennifer say... What would she do? It could be a big political disbuite getting Fanelia into a war... Hitomi thought the worst and remembered Fanelia on fire... "Van'll be happy with out me. Fanelia will be happy with out me... So will Gaea."
______________________________________

"VAN-SAMA!!" Merle bounded her way into Van's bedroom courters but was surprised he wasn't there. "Hmm..." she took two steps backwards and asked one of the guards where he was.
"He and Princess Jennifer went out for a walk. Why don't you get some sleep Merle. Tomorrow will be a busy day."
"Not if I can help it..." she stuck her thumb to her chin and thought. "Now... To get them separated..." and she bounded back down the hall way.
"Separated-" she heard one of the guards ask the other. But not after a while she ran into another guard.
"Did Van-sama pass though here?"
"'Yes about an hour ago-"
Merle continued on with out thanking him. "I can't leave Hitomi waiting out in that forest alone... Gotta find him fast!!" she jumped a few flights of stairs to the front entrance when she heard Van's voice not to far ahead of her.
"-See her till after the wedding." and there was Jennifer's voice.
"I promise I will not. I do not have need to see her. Ever again. That is why I have you." Merle peered around the corner to find Van holding Jennifer in his arms.
"Something's wrong with Van-sama..." Merle whispered to her self. "Princess Jennifer is no good for my Van-sama..."
"Just go to your room till I send for you Van."
"Yes, Jennifer. As you wish. Good night." Van bent over and kissed her on her lips.
Merle gagged silently, "At least Van and Hitomi never do that! Yelch!" Merle scuttled away just as the two started towards her direction. "I can wait for him in his room. She can't control my Van-sama *that* easily."
____________________________