Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ The Seeress ❯ As Fate Rejoins Once Again ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Seeress ~ Chapter Two

Author's Notes:

The songs I'm using in this chapter are English Escaflowne Movie songs called You're Not Alone" and "Vector." I was gonna use Yubiwa" but since this fanfic is English, I used "Yubiwa"'s English version.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I've walked so long, I can't remember. Where was my home? The distant faces fade away. I'm always on my own... I can show a smile. It's not hard to do, I can have the strength to go on. But sometimes I just wanna let go of everything.." Hitomi hummed softly to herself, "When thoughtfulness is not their game..."

She's hummed many songs since she started out for Van's castle. When she finished, the horse she was riding snorted, to encourage her to sing or to insult her, no one will ever know.

"Pretty song, don't you think?" she murmured quietly to the horse. An old farmer decided to give it to her before he died of he terrible disease. She had buried him to show her gratitude. She sighed. People were dying everywhere. She hoped Van would be able to fix it. The though of being with him again was overwhelming.

She smiled to herself and began humming another song.

"Told myself for a long time: Don't go there. You'll only be sorry... Told myself so many times; I just had to take a look in those faraway eyes..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Van hummed a ~certain~ song to himself. Partly because he was bored, and simply because he missed her.

"What," Allen gave him the Bishonen what-the-hell-are-you-doing look, "are you singing?"

"..." Van sweat dropped, "I dunno..."

"And what's with the lyrics?! Do you miss Hitomi ~that~ much?"

"... none of your business," ~right~ back to the cool-and-aloof-Bishonen look (Author: Syaoran from Cardcaptor Sakura uses that hot look too! *Drools* ... Sherry sweat drops...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hitomi stopped the horse. What was that red glow ahead of her? She got off her horse and walked towards it.

"Oh God," she murmured, "It's my necklace. Whatever happened? What did Van..."

It dropped into her hands. She gingerly tied it around her neck. It felt foreign to her after her not wearing it for so long...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Meow..." a gray cat with beautifully shaped turquoise-colored eyes licked the girl softly.

"What?" the girl muttered... annoyed to be awakened. She got up and looked out the window. A girl her age was staring at her parents' grave. She bowed and turned to examine the rest of the house.

The girl inside decided to go out to question the green-eyed girl. She peered carefully at the stranger as she dressed.

"Damn. This was bound to happen sooner or later. What if she carries the virus?" the violet-eyed girl muttered, grumpy. Rubbing her eyes, she stared at the stranger again

The stranger had near shoulder length hair. The soft brown mass was becoming of her, however. Her large green eyes shimmered as if it had thousands of things to tell. She was dressed strangely. What caught the observing girl's eyes was the glowing pendant that hung on the stranger's neck. It glowed with magic. It was so obvious that even someone without magic could sense it. Even the cat seemed uneasy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Van's yes flashed. Was that the pendant? "Allen, I see it!"

Van ran (or made Escaflowne run) after it in that direction, but the pendant was going fast. After a few minutes, it had disappeared. Van swore and continued in that direction.

"Don't be impatient," Allen counseled, "at least we know we're going in the right direction."

Van scowled and urged Escaflowne to go faster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hitomi sighed. These people lying in the grave.. how long have they been dead? The soil looks freshly turned, so these people must've died recently. Who buried them? did anyone still live here? Perhaps this was a good place for her to stay the night.

"Who are you?" a pretty, yet fierce voice demanded, "Why are you here? Are you infected?"

"No!" Hitomi gasped in surprised, "I'm clean."

"Lemme see your tongue," Hitomi felt the blade of a knife at her back.

Hitomi stuck out her tongue obediently. To tell if someone is sick, you check their tongues for abnormal residue of gray bacteria.

"Hmm..." the fair-skinned girl muttered, " I guess you are," she put her knife back into its place. "What are you doing here anyways?"

"I.." Hitomi faltered. Was she supposed to tell this girl the truth? The girl look very trustworthy. She was beautiful with raven black hair and deep violet (almost black) eyes. yet, there was a fierce air in her eyebrows. That fierce air clouded over the look of longing in her eyes.

"You what?" she demanded forcefully.

"I'm looking for... King Van."

"Van? he's king now?"

Yes," Hitomi said.

"What's his full name? Who was the woman that bore him?"

"Van Slanzar de Fanelia," Hitomi muttered, "His mother was... a Draconian."

"A Draconian? The queen was... Varie... wasn't she?"

"Yes..."

The violet-eyed girl sighed, "What's your name?"

"Hitomi," Hitomi answered. "Hitomi Kanzaki."

"How appropriate. You have beautiful mysterious eyes. My name is Fujiiro."

"Do you live alone? Who are your parents?"

"Retired nobles from the royal court," Fujiiro sighed, "They' weren't of royal blood though. They're dead." She pointed at the grave. "I was adopted."

"Oh."

"Anyway..." Fujiiro said, "Why are you looking for the king?"

"I-- we're old friends..."

Fujiiro peered at Hitomi, "Riight. Why don't you come in and tell me your story?"

"I-I was wondering if I could stay at your place for the night. It's getting late."

"Of course." Fujiiro's eyes were soft and kind now, "you must be tired."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's getting late," Allen muttered, "I see a cottage. let's stay there tonight."

"No!" Van yelled hysterically, "I have to find that pendant."

"..." Allen sighed, "You won't find the pendant tired to death."

Van scowled and agreed reluctantly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And we agreed that I should be sent back to the Mystic Moon." Hitomi sighed, her eyes shimmering at the memory, "I wished so hard to come back, I *did*."

"And you wished to come back..." Fujiiro murmured, "how sweet..."

Hitomi was silent. Unconsciously tears slid down her cheeks. The light shimmering in the crystal-like-drops, "I miss him."

"I'm sure you'll find him," Fujiiro quickly hugged Hitomi, "and when you do, remind him we poor peasants are suffering from the disease out here."

A burst of sound startled the two girls out of their deep thinking.

Fujiiro gasped, "Gee... no one's ever knocked on my door for years..."

"I'll open it." She did so, with some difficulty and gasped, "Van?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Van waited impatiently after knocking on the old door. Stupid Allen made him go ahead while Allen shut down the mechs. He was about to kick down the door (Amy: hot-headed freak! ; Sherry: You wrote this story... -_-'; Amy: that's not the point...) when a girl opened it.

"Van?" she gaped. Van stared.

The strange clothes, the brown hair, the unmistakable green eyes, the pendant!

"Hitomi?" he hugged her (Amy: I can just see my friends gag at this scene) warmly and stared (with somewhat glassy eyes... JUST KIDDING!) "You're really here!" he paused for a moment.

"I'm here, yes," she felt him stare, "what?!"

"There's something different about you," he studied her now 4-inches longer hair in though, "I can't tell what... but..."

Hitomi sweat dropped.

"I know! You grew your hair!" he finally said after two full minutes.

(Amy falls over and sweat drops)

Allen walked towards them, "Ah..." he paused, stared.

"Uh..." Hitomi sweat dropped (in a super smiley eyes/super deformed expression). "Hi."

"Hitomi!" Allen's eyes pooped out, "My love! My sweet! (Sherry: Why does this sound so familiar??)" he held her hands.

Fujiiro moved a few inches away, sweat dropping.

"Hey!" Van moved in between Hitomi and Allen, "get away!"

Allen laughed," He's so gullible." Van glared. "Hitomi. How good it is to see you! I didn't think you could ever become more beautiful than before! You look positively--"

Van pushed Allen into the cabin, "You don't mind us staying here do you?" He asked Fujiiro.

She curtsied, "No, Your Majesty."

"Skip the formality. What's your name?"

"Fujiiro..."

"Fujiiro...?"

"Her name," Hitomi softly said, "is Fujiiro. No last name."

"Who was your father?" Van stared in such a way that made Fujiiro uncomfortable.

"I don't know. I'm an adopted child."

Hitomi sighed. "Come to the castle with us!"

"I-I... Thank you." Fujiiro was silent, then she said jokingly, "I expect you to marry him while you're there."

"Fujiiro!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Notes:

*Glomps* haiiiiii! Wassup? I'm sooo relieved to have finally finished this chapter. I can go on to the next one! *Smiles happily* Yay! I certainly hope you enjoyed it. *Smiles*

Emails are most appreciated (fujiirohitomi@magicgirl.com) and any comments are welcome! Visit my website. http://clix.to/kurisutarusakura for my latest fics...

Sherry's babbling:

Hiiiiiiiiii! How are you all? Want a cookie... *Silence* Um, sorry, I'm just kinda hung over that today... ^-^' ::Sigh:: Another one of Amy's stories has just been typed... Five and an fifth pages... -.-' Ah, well, it's done now. ^-^

I must admit... things are going to get interesting... ^-^ Oh yes, by the way, I also edited a few small, tiny, barely-noticeable things... Yay! Now I'm done typing all of Amy's fanfics for now. See you next chapter, perhaps.