Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Romanticide ❯ Romanticide ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Romanticide

Pairings: None intended, though I suppose you could infer YohjixAya and KenxOmi

Warnings: Violence and character death. Erm..enjoy?

-------------------------------

Standing ontop of a large building was a figure, a cold, dispassionate look on his pale face, amethyst eyes narrowed as he surveyed the alley below him. His wine-red hair was undone and blowing in the faint wind and hanging down his back. He was waiting silently for someone, patiently, knowing he would arrive soon, and knowing that he could finish this night quickly and get back 'home'.

Godlove and rest my soulWith this sun down, never endingThe feeling is gone, yet you ain't gonna see me fail

The man arrived, a thin, rat-like thing, and a cold smirk appeared in place of the stern look from before. He dropped down from the building, his trenchcoat billowing behind him like a cape. A long, thin sword was pulled from its sheath, the distinctive sound ringing through the alley and bringing the rat-man's attention around to the tall young man behind him.

I am the decadence of your world,I am an eider covered in oilHappy hunting, you double-faced carnivore

He leapt forward and was blocked by nothing but a knife, and the wine-haired man just smirked and kneed the rat-man in the stomach, making him double-over in pain. He swiftly kicked the man in the face and he fell back, and the young man let out an almost cruel laugh.

Tell me why,No heart to cryHang me high.

It took nothing but the quick slash of his blade before the rat-man's head was on the pavement, his body limply following just a second later. Violet eyes gleamed in the dark as he looked around, suddenly sensing the presence of someone else, and he nearly growled and lowered his body into a crouch as a few men came from the shadows, watching them watch him and come forward. Slowly, a feral grin appeared on his face and he rushed forward to kill the first of the men, his sword flashing through the air quickly.

Leave me be,And cease to tell me how to feelTo grieve, to shield myself from evilLeave me be,Ode of lies is killing meRomanticide...Till love do me part.

He seemed to weave through the men like a wolf through a forest, and his blade was as deadly as any wolf's fangs. The blood he brought forward from each of his victims only seemed to bring forth a bloodlust that was insatiable.

See me ruined by my own creations

He killed each and every man, ignoring the small wounds he received in turn. The wounds were only glancing and barely even bleeding, and he laughed as his own blood spilled as much as he did as the blood rushed forward from the wounds of the other men around him.

Leave me be,And cease to tell me how to feelTo grieve, to shield myself from evilLeave me be,Ode of lies is killing meRomanticide...Till love do me part.

He laughed even more as he killed continuously, the men coming towards him in streams it seemed, and he killed each and every one of them. Suddenly, he heard a gunshot and staggered back, looking down at the sudden rush of blood coming from his stomach. He blinked, honestly confused as things started to black out. He fell back against the wall and looked up at the man in front of him, his eyes wide for once, before narrowing back into slits, recognizing the man holding the, quite literally, smoking gun.

Dead Boy's alive but without sense,I need a near-death experienceHeart once bold,Now turned to stonePerfection, my messenger from Hell

The short, blonde hair. The green eyes, partially hidden by dark sunglasses. The long, black leather jacket, and the double-belted pants. He growled and lunged forward, but ended up falling, his katana clattering to the floor as he dropped it in blood-slickened hands. He looked at himself as he kneeled on the ground, one hand over his wounded stomach. When had he gotten so injured?

Wine turns to water,Campfires freeze, Love letters burn,Romance is lostLord, let me be wrong in this pain

Quickly, Yohji kneeled down to him and grabbed his shoulders, shaking him a little bit.

"Aya! Shit, man, I didn't mean to get you that badly! Omi, get some help here, got it?" Aya could hear a crackling on the other line of the earpiece, the one that was in his own ear, but he coudln't make sense of it. He pitched forward, half onto Yohji, and groaned as the pain wracked his body. He thought quickly of his sister, living in America while getting her degree, glad that she would never know he died like this. How strange, to be so calm while knowing you were about to die, he supposed, but then again, he had expected to die long before.

Temporary pain, eternal shameTo take part in this Devil's chess gameSpit on me, let go, get rid of me,And try to survive your stupidity.

On the drive to the Magic Bus Hospital, he the others in the car heard a hoarse, barking laugh come from the nearly unconcious man laid across the back seat of Seven, his head in Yohji's lap. Aya couldn't help but to think that he would die, in the very same hospital that his sister had come back to life in. It was with that thought that he passed out, limp now, the blood loss having become too much for him.

Temporary pain, eternal shameTo take part in this Devil's chess gameSpit on me, let go, get rid of me,And try to survive your stupidity.

Hours later, and one final meeting with the doctor, the three surviving members of Weiß left the hospital, all dealing with their varying emotions in their own ways. Omi was being supported by Ken, his crying having become too much for him. Ken focused his attention on the youngest member of their team, not letting his sadness overwhelm him by helping the young boy. Yohji had turned nearly into a chimney, smoking as though his life depended on it. First Asuka, then Neu, then now Aya; it was more than he could take at the moment.

They had all known that Aya had been unstable, but seeing him lose it like that when fighting, so much that he'd killed Kritiker agents in the mess of enemies that swarmed him was too much. He'd only meant for something that would bring him back into reality. But Aya had moved, just enough that the bullet, instead of going towards his side, ended up going straight into his liver. The internal blood loss had been too much for his body, and they'd been unable to do anything for him.

It was too much, for any of them. But they would move on, like they always had. They would have to tell Aya-chan that he'd gotten killed while defending the Koneko No Sumu Ie from a burglar. And then, they would all have to move on...

-------------------------------

A/N: This just kind of dawned on me when I was listening to Nightwish while cruising around with a friend just..tonight actually. I heard the line "Happy hunting, you double-faced carnivore," and I just..had to do something with the inspiration that dawned on me. Hope you all enjoyed..somewhat. I..have no explanation for this. ~shakes head and sighs~

Disclaimer: I do not own Weiß or the lyrics or music to the song Romanticide. They are products of their respective owners, not me. If you sue, all I've got is pocket lint for you.