Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Conflicting Emotions ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:
Kazuki Takahashi owns Yu-Gi-Oh! If I did, then there would be more moments like episode 180- were Yami catches Seto.
 
“Talking”
`Thought's' in normal POV
Flash Back/ Emphasis
-Hikari to Yami-
--Yami to Hikari--
Mind links may change, since FanFiction-net loves to only let certain characters be used, which can be highly irritating…
 
 
Chapter Three:
 
Normal POV
Thursday morning, Kaiba Mansion- 1:23am
 
Seto heard the panicked cry and ran out of his own room, going straight into the one across the hall. Throwing the door open he was immediately beside the thrashing teen, trying to calm the other down. He hugged Yami to his chest in an effort to still him, though it proved to be a difficult feat from the panic induced struggling. Blue eyes glanced down to find crimson ones wide and terror filled.
Tears continued to streak down tanned and slightly flushed cheeks before soaking the navy shirt the brunette wore. He waited for the others breathing to still before speaking, “Are you alright?” It was a stupid thing to say, of course the other wasn't alright, but he had to say something!
Yami cast his gaze down unable, for a reason unknown to the brunette, keep his eyes locked with the others. He didn't speak, didn't think he could, really. He hugged himself to Seto, hanging onto him as if his life might depend on it- or at least his sanity. The thought that the other might ask what his dream had been about- he didn't want to think about it, let alone need to relive it again in telling the other.
Seto shook his head lightly, returning the embrace. He didn't need to know, perhaps not even really wanting to either. The former pharaoh's `dreams' were usually memories- the worst. It was something that he always wondered about. Why did the other only always remember the horrid things of his past? Nothing was ever pleasant that he could recall. He glanced down again at the form currently clinging to him his chest, only to find that Yami had fallen asleep again. A brief smile flickered over his lips as he pulled the covers over the both of them. If need be, he could always ask about the others dream in the morning.
 
 
Saturday mornings had Kaiba Mokuba up before the sun- school days were the exact opposite. The elder Kaiba brother usually had to fight with the younger in waking him up and getting him ready for school on time. Today though, he for some miracle of a reason was up on time. It had him wondering why Seto wasn't up yet and yelling at him to get out of bed for once on his own. And if not Seto, it would be Yami when he was staying over. Of course, the spirits tactic's for waking one were a bit different from Seto's, but nether the less effective.
With this current wondering of where the two older teens were and not awake and getting him out of bed, Mokuba got up and went into his brothers' room- through the joined door they had. Seto obviously wasn't there, since the bed was empty and his bedroom door was open. The raven haired boy became even more curious now and left the empty room. His curiosity though quickly became worry when he saw that Yami's door was open as well. It meant the other had had another memory/dream again.
Bluish-gray eyes peeked in, a grin breaking out on Mokuba's face when he saw the two still asleep. Leaving the room quietly, he shut the door behind himself as he went about getting ready for school. Before leaving though he made a quick phone call to the Mutou residence….
 
 
Hours later Seto finally did wake up, but not on his own. Blue eyes blinked sleepily before glancing down and finding Yami trying to move away from the brunette. The smaller looked up when he felt another's gaze on him, causing him to look up and allow crimson orbs to lock with sapphire ones. His eyes dropped though, as they had the previous night, unable to hold the brunette's gaze.
“Do you want to talk about it?”
A simple enough question, though he didn't know how to answer. A part of him wanted to tell the CEO exactly what it had been about like every other time- what this was different. This was too painful, overriding his want to open up to the other.
He shook his head, hugging himself as he did. Why couldn't he remember one happy moment from his past? Was there not even that? Surely there had to be at least one decent memory locked away somewhere in his mind, having yet to be discovered. Yami was thankful knowing that Seto wouldn't ask again, however badly he wanted to know, he would give him the time he needed before telling.
Seto eyed the clock ticking away on the wall, not expecting to see that classes were nearly over for the day. The former pharaoh followed the others gaze, reading the time as well, and then remembering he was supposed to go home after school. He cursed under his breath, before explaining to Seto who had a confused look on his face.
 
 
The two headed to the Game Shop a bit later, Yami having somehow talked Seto into taking one of his motorcycles. It always left the brunette puzzled as to how the other could easily talk him into things… Even Mokuba hadn't mastered it quite yet. Yami was still wondering why the brunette owned any bikes if he never rode them- one of the reasons for choosing this mode of transportation.
The annoying little bell chimed as they entered, being greeted a moment later by a woman neither recognized. Yami soon found out that this was Yuugi's mother, and was told that his hikari was doing homework. Something that was unheard of, since the light usually did his last minute.
Yami ran to the stairs, much to Mrs. Mutou's annoyance. “Aibou! I'm leaving if you don't come down!” He shouted up the stairs, laughing as he heard his light ran out of his room, stopping at the top of the stairs. “Oh no you're not, Mou Hitori no Boku!” The darker grinned, “Oh really?”
The hikari nodded, running down the stairs and doing his best not to trip on the way. He jumped onto his other, “Yup, or you'll be taking me with you!” Yami only laughed, having expected the other to do something of the sort. “I thought you didn't like motorcycles though, Aibou?” The lighter glared lightly, “Meanie, that just ruins everything…” he mumbled.
Yuugi got off his darker though, deciding to give his mother an explanation of sorts as to who Yami was. This took a few minutes since the two decided against telling the /entire/ truth about the former pharaoh. That might take a bit too long to explain. Yuugi's mother though took to practically interrogating the spirit, who was thankful when Yuugi and Seto helped with answers- though it made her all the more suspicious. The two look a likes finally took to using their link, so Yami could do all the answering.
 
 
Seto was somehow talked into staying for dinner, calling Mokuba and telling him so. Yami stayed pretty much to himself, unless he was speaking to the brunette beside him. Crimson eyes continually glanced at the hikari sitting across from him. He and Seto had both agreed that the dark spirit would be spending a few nights at the Kaiba Mansion. Whenever the Egyptian started having the dream/memories they lasted for a while, and Yami usually stayed with the CEO.
It was after everyone had finished eating, and Suguroku and Mrs. Mutou left the kitchen that the darker went to speak with his light telling him of the plans he'd made. Yuugi of course had never been told of the dreams- so he always questioned why the other stayed at Seto's.
Yami didn't know how to answer really, but was interrupted by Seto saying they should get going. Yuugi then decided to ask. “Why exactly is he spending the night? I know that last night you two were working on your project and lost track of time, but why tonight again?”
Accusing blue eyes turned to meet crimson ones that looked elsewhere. “Why haven't you told him?” He would have thought the first person to know was Yami's hikari, but it seemed not. “Seto, I-”
“Didn't tell me what? I thought we didn't keep any secrets from each other, Boku.” Hurt violet eyes to the darker again, “What are you hiding, Boku?”
“I don't want to talk about it Yuugi.” Yami turned a pleading look to Seto, not wanting to have to explain it to his light now. He wasn't ready yet himself, and was sure his light wouldn't react well- since he would no doubt want to know what the dark one had remembered.
Seto nodded, “Gomen Yuugi, but Yami and I need to be leaving now.” He grabbed the spirit who obliged in following him, leaving a confused and betrayed feeling light.
 
 
Reviews!
(Why are you reading this?)
 
Sami- Nope, you be wrong with your guess.
But wouldn't that be horrible though? Just the thought is enough to make me sick- Ugh, Anzu germs…
Wintersslayer- You like it? Yay! I'm not a completely crappy writer!
Siiarrei- Why wouldn't I review? It's a good story, and good ones deserve reviews! And I'm trying to update, but life's a tad…hectic.
YamiServant, dogsruleW- Cliffie's are what make people read stories…or that's at least how I would like to think… There will be plenty more of them to come in future chapters! -Evil grin-
Angelictransmition- Thankies! Don't you just hate that? -huggles computer- Thankfully I never have to worry about that. No yaoi yet though, because I'm still iffy about tying to write it. -sweat drop-
 
Arigato to you all who reviewed! (And the ones that read but felt too lazy to just click the little button and state their opinion…lol)
 
If anyone is wondering about what /exactly/ Yami's dream was- then go read (and review?) meh new one-shot. And I might be really mean and not update until I get a review on it. Cause I really like it and no else apparently thinks so… Am I unable to write a serious situation or something? -sighs- Oh well…
 
Does anyone wanna beta? If you do, check on meh lookup for the best way to get a hold of meh.
 
One more thing- if you're wondering when I'm going to update next, it's a good idea to check out my lookup. I usually post the story status and any future ideas there. Plus, it usually states why I haven't posted the next chapter; a.k.a. my excuse, reason, whatever you feel like calling it. Thankies for any reviews!